PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Week 6 - 2015 edition

bonarae
October 17th, 2015, 11:34 PM
First full week of all-Ivy games.

(Friday) Yale at Penn
Princeton at Harvard - before last week, this had title implications. Now no more.
Brown at Cornell
Columbia at Dartmouth

Ivytalk
October 18th, 2015, 06:36 AM
Yale (Penn has been bipolar this year, so an upset is possible)
Harvard
Dartmouth
Brown

bulldog10jw
October 19th, 2015, 04:58 AM
Penn (Yale's 4th straight road game, on a Friday night, with another wide receiver lost to injury against Maine)
Harvard
Dartmouth
Brown

World
October 19th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Yale
Princeton (upset of the year)
Dartmouth
Brown

Ivytalk
October 19th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Yale
Princeton (upset of the year)
Dartmouth
Brown
No, World, a Princeton win over Harvard would not be the upset of the year. Losing to Columbia or Cornell: now THAT would be the upset of the year!

bulldog10jw
October 19th, 2015, 01:11 PM
Harvard has Princeton at home this week, while Dartmouth has a bye. The only team that can beat Dartmouth this year is Harvard and vice versa.

I'm guessing Harvard, at home against Dartmouth, will be a 6 or 7 point favorite unless Williams gets poked in the eye which would move the line to double digits.

World
October 19th, 2015, 06:27 PM
No, World, a Princeton win over Harvard would not be the upset of the year. Losing to Columbia or Cornell: now THAT would be the upset of the year!

the way your boys are playing, any loss by Harvard would be the upset of the year

Go Green
October 19th, 2015, 07:35 PM
I predict that the New England teams will win.

Would love to see Princeton pull off the upset, though.

Go Green
October 19th, 2015, 07:38 PM
the way your boys are playing, any loss by Harvard would be the upset of the year

While I certainly give Harvard the advantage over Dartmouth for no other reason than the psychological effect (they've had our number forever), it's hard to see exactly where Harvard has a definitive edge from a personnel standpoint over the Green.

Ivytalk
October 19th, 2015, 09:33 PM

Princeton always plays Harvard tough, and the Tigers are still in the Ivy race. Last year's game was an aberration. This one should be close.

Ivytalk
October 19th, 2015, 09:38 PM
While I certainly give Harvard the advantage over Dartmouth for no other reason than the psychological effect (they've had our number forever), it's hard to see exactly where Harvard has a definitive edge from a personnel standpoint over the Green.
I think it will be a slobberknocker of a game. Both teams have great defenses and strong line play. Dartmouth definitely has the edge at QB. Harvard may have the edge at RB. I'm thinking 17-14 or 20-17, one way or the other. Harvard has had very few turnovers so far, and that has helped them. But first things first: gotta get by Princeton on Saturday.

Ivytalk
October 22nd, 2015, 06:03 AM
As of today, according to 5 Dimes:

Yale at Penn is a "pick"
Dartmouth over Columbia by 32.5
Harvard over Princeton by 22.5 (I'd definitely take the points on this one)
Cornell a 12.5 point home dog against Brown

Go...gate
October 22nd, 2015, 07:16 PM
Yale 27, Penn 21

Dartmouth 44, Columbia 6

Harvard 45, Princeton 27

Brown 23, Cornell 17

Go...gate
October 23rd, 2015, 07:21 PM
Awfully quiet in the Ivy thread.....

Ivytalk
October 23rd, 2015, 09:12 PM
Awfully quiet in the Ivy thread.....
What do you expect? A burst of enthusiasm for Penn (State)?

Go...gate
October 23rd, 2015, 09:21 PM
No, it just seems like the Ivy predictions are not as plentiful as they usually are.

bulldog10jw
October 23rd, 2015, 09:22 PM
What do you expect? A burst of enthusiasm for Penn (State)?

Worse game I've seen Yale play, against a team with similar talent, in years.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it just seems like the Ivy predictions are not as plentiful as they usually are.

It's Friday night, not Saturday.

CHIP72
October 23rd, 2015, 09:47 PM
Really good win for Penn tonight. The Quakers are making their way back to relevance.

Ivytalk
October 24th, 2015, 04:09 PM
Harvard had slow start but kicked it into gear, 42-7 over Princeton. All Scott Hosch does is win, and the defense is playing great.

bonarae
October 24th, 2015, 05:19 PM
All Final Scores:

Penn 34, Yale 20
Harvard 42, Princeton 7
Brown 44, Cornell 24
Dartmouth 13, Columbia 9

Lehigh'98
October 24th, 2015, 06:51 PM
That Columbia score is very surprising. Was Dartmouth at full strength?

Go Green
October 24th, 2015, 07:28 PM
That Columbia score is very surprising. Was Dartmouth at full strength?

Other than losing our starting offensive guard in the second quarter, yes.

We set a school record for penalties. 15 flags for 159 yards. Killed several drives.

It was an embarrassing a win as it gets. We absolutely cannot have that next week against Harvard. I hope the coaches scream their lungs out at the players tomorrow at film sessions.