PDA

View Full Version : Over 24,000 tickets sold

Ronbo
December 6th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Word from someone that just got back from the ticket office is that over 24,000 tickets have been sold.:)

LeopardFan04
December 6th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Congrats Griz fans...looking forward to watching...

GoGuins
December 6th, 2006, 01:23 PM
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :thumbsup:

GrizzlyEdd
December 6th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Gonna be a packed house rockin' and rollin'... gonna be an all night party... see ya all on ESPN2. I'll be waving at ya from the North End Zone... home of the CRAZIES....:nod::hurray:

BuckeyeGrizzlyFan
December 6th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Got my student ticket Sunday. This is going to be crazy.

mistersykes
December 6th, 2006, 01:50 PM
I'm excited for you guys. There's nothing like filling up a stadium with the loud and proud.

Peems
December 6th, 2006, 01:53 PM
wow. in the tribune today it said we had sold over 18,600 or so. so that means in less than 24 hours we sold all those tickets.

YOsef
December 6th, 2006, 01:56 PM
I can't wait to watch on Friday Night.. Congratulations on the ticket sales

LehighFan11
December 6th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Im looking forward to seeing Montana's stadium on TV. Only seen some pictures and it looks like the best I-AA stadium out there.

Tailbone
December 6th, 2006, 02:18 PM
SRO!

Green26
December 6th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Our fans are so fired up that I think this will be the loudest and most raucous crowd ever in Griz stadium. Hopefully, a full south endzone area supplemented with some additional temporary seating, will rival the famous north endzone for noise when UMass' offense is at that end. My guess is that the night game combined with less time for early tailgating (and probably fewer tailgates set up) will result in more of the crowd being in their seats for the second half kickoff. (Usually, a chunk of our crowd doesn't get back in the stadium until midway thru the third quarter.) Can't wait.

Ronbo
December 6th, 2006, 02:24 PM
We're going over 200,000 fans again for only the second time in our history. In 2004 we had 230,090 fans attend 10 home games. This year we are sitting at 179,949 after 8 games. 24,000 this friday puts us around 203,949 for 9 games.

GaSouthern
December 6th, 2006, 03:02 PM
TiVo!!!!!!!! :) I love it!

I'll be at work during the game :(

mtgrizfan4life
December 6th, 2006, 03:10 PM
This is great news for GRIZ nation. Bad news for U Mass. Oh YEAH!!!

Challenge to GRIZNATION, 110 decibals!!!!!!! Anyone up to it? Everyone bring throat medicines!!! Everyone stand, scream, stomp, and challenge those that do not, to do so. If they complain, so be it!!!!
I am so ready to have GRIZnation prove a few U Mass posters wrong regarding how loud WGS can be!!!!!

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 6th, 2006, 03:29 PM
http://ev1.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetGroupList?groupCode=GA&linkID=montana&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

Says it's sold out :nod: :D

Spooney-Cat
December 6th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Nice work Griz fans! I definitely will be watching. Last year was great for us. Our school was going crazy when we were in the Semi's only to get our hearts ripped up by UNI. Oh wait, hearts ripped out kneeling the ball with 1:20 and all three timeouts....then our nuts ripped out by an INT in overtime. Ouch :(

I'm not still bitter, promise!!

patssle
December 6th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Nice work Griz fans! I definitely will be watching. Last year was great for us. Our school was going crazy when we were in the Semi's only to get our hearts ripped up by UNI. Oh wait, hearts ripped out kneeling the ball with 1:20 and all three timeouts....then our nuts ripped out by an INT in overtime. Ouch :(

Yeah feel ya on that one. Sucked for us in 2004 having to go to Montana and play there. If only we could of gotten them down to Texas again, bam we probably would of been in the national championship game. If if if.

Spooney-Cat
December 6th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Yeah feel ya on that one. Sucked for us in 2004 having to go to Montana and play there. If only we could of gotten them down to Texas again, bam we probably would of been in the national championship game. If if if.

Yep. I remember that as well..

Griz0383
December 6th, 2006, 05:10 PM
I can't remember a time that I have been this excited for a game. I can't focus on anything but friday night and umass. I am leaving for missoula at 8am and should be sitting on a bar stool at Red's by 10am. The Griz nation has inspired to put my game face on and as I write this my heart pounds! GOOO GRIZZZZZZZ

GrizDen
December 6th, 2006, 05:21 PM
I'm feeling totally lame for not making the trip from Seattle. Way to go Griz fans and the community of Missoula to sell this game out in such short notice. I can't wait to here the ESPN2 announcers gush about the stadium, crowd and hopefully a Griz win.

ncguitarplyr
December 6th, 2006, 05:31 PM
well thats definitly more people than will be at the app game but hopefully app will atleast sell out too

mistersykes
December 6th, 2006, 06:05 PM
well thats definitly more people than will be at the app game but hopefully app will atleast sell out too

Yep, I just bought my ticket, so it should sell out pretty soon since everyone wants to be near me.;)

I want the rock to be ROCKIN'! So everyone who can manage should try to make it for a great game.

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2006, 06:19 PM
I can't remember a time that I have been this excited for a game

Hey Griz fans...

Just out of curiosity, how fired up was Griz Nation when Dustin Long was bringing the Kats (who had beaten the Griz in Texas) into Missoula back in 2004??

Also, good luck...hope it looks good on TV!!!

AppStateMan
December 6th, 2006, 06:24 PM
I wish App would do the same but ticket sales are slow....

Peems
December 6th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Hey Griz fans...

Just out of curiosity, how fired up was Griz Nation when Dustin Long was bringing the Kats (who had beaten the Griz in Texas) into Missoula back in 2004??

Also, good luck...hope it looks good on TV!!!

in all honesty, excited but not as excited as we are now. i remember thinking i want to play sam houston state and, no offense, i knew we were going to roll, because we were a totally different team than the one that lost earlier in the year. also i was worried about playing Eastern Washington again because we barely beat them and i thought they might get us if they had a second chance.

mtgrizfan4life
December 6th, 2006, 06:30 PM

Many Griz fans bought more tickets than needed. Many are giving the tickets away to kids or families that otherwise would not be able to attend. A great idea and great gesture for Christmas, everone wins. I guarantee there will be a few more GRIZ fans born thanks that kind of gesture. GRIZ nation grows and grows. I love it!!!!!! Call it a Merry GRIZmas here.

DaGriz
December 6th, 2006, 07:02 PM

I was very impressed with App States stadium on tv last weekend. That was the first time I had seen. The surrounding area looks beautiful.

psc2445
December 6th, 2006, 07:51 PM

It is always tough to tell how our ticket sales are going to be, imo. We do not have the threat of a sellout. As the administration has said before they will continue to sell tickets until nobody else wants them. As for me I always just walk up and purchase my tickets on gameday.(will do the same Sat) The difference between us and Wa/Griz is they are totally inclosed. if we at ASU had that luxury I believe our ticket sales prior to gameday would increase dramatically. :twocents:

the italic luxury is not any sort of smack, i love your stadium, but for us the open end allows us the luxury of letting as many people in as wants to come in i.e. over 26k in a 16,650 seated facility

SeattleGriz
December 6th, 2006, 07:56 PM
It is always tough to tell how our ticket sales are going to be, imo. We do not have the threat of a sellout. As the administration has said before they will continue to sell tickets until nobody else wants them. As for me I always just walk up and purchase my tickets on gameday.(will do the same Sat) The difference between us and Wa/Griz is they are totally inclosed. if we at ASU had that luxury I believe our ticket sales prior to gameday would increase dramatically. :twocents:

the italic luxury is not any sort of smack, i love your stadium, but for us the open end allows us the luxury of letting as many people in as wants to come in i.e. over 26k in a 16,650 seated facility

I understand your point about it being nice to get tickets on game day, but by enclosing WA GRIZ, we have around 18.8K in season ticket holders. I am sure that number would not be so high if we started with the option to get tickets on game day.

psc2445
December 6th, 2006, 08:11 PM
I understand your point about it being nice to get tickets on game day, but by enclosing WA GRIZ, we have around 18.8K in season ticket holders. I am sure that number would not be so high if we started with the option to get tickets on game day.

I would like for KBS to be inclosed..........just letting people know that it allows people like myself, lazy procrastinators, the opportunity not to have to worry

KiddBrewer
December 6th, 2006, 08:31 PM
i say close to 22,000 for app/ysu......anymore guesses?

KiddBrewer
December 6th, 2006, 08:32 PM
suprisingly, if there is a lack of attendance, it wont be because the students didn't want to have to buy tickets, they are out in full force, trust me i was wedged in the middle the whole game last week....maybe the alumni are just being plain sorry..........:eyebrow: :rolleyes:

psc2445
December 6th, 2006, 08:38 PM

that was gonna be my guess around there, but i'll say 21,101

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 6th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Gonna be a packed house rockin' and rollin'... gonna be an all night party... see ya all on ESPN2. I'll be waving at ya from the North End Zone... home of the CRAZIES....:nod::hurray:

You guys have even gotten me all excited about watching on TV this Friday night. And, I am a fan of now deposed UNH! This kind of atmosphere is the stuff we dream of in New England. Maybe college hockey -- on a much smaller scale -- approaches this hysteria in some selected arenas (UNH, Maine, UVM, BU, BC,....), but this football atmosphere is unique. UNH at UMASS last weekend was great fun, but still not at the level you seem to be describing.

Best of all, you are going to be treated to an incredible game. UMASS is tough, talented, and under the leadership of Don Brown, just a little bit crazy and out of control on defense -- but he makes it work!

I'm predicting 16-13 it triple OT! --,just haven't decided which UM will come out on top. :thumbsup:

GGASU
December 6th, 2006, 10:54 PM

I predicted 20,000 at the beginning of the week, and sadly will be very happy if we get within 2,000 of that number.: smh :

GrizFanIRAQ
December 6th, 2006, 11:59 PM
wow. in the tribune today it said we had sold over 18,600 or so. so that means in less than 24 hours we sold all those tickets.

On the 10pm news .....all tickets are GONE, GONE, GONE!!!!!! I sure hope ESPN brings their sound pressure guage....I think we might just surprise a few folks back east...maybe even some of GRIZ NANTION :hurray:

KiddBrewer
December 7th, 2006, 12:13 AM
ticket sales will go up for the app game, mark my words. its only wednesday night...a lot of ppl will, especially students, will wait later on in the week, myself included. and a lot of walk-ups im sure.

slycat
December 7th, 2006, 12:22 AM
On the 10pm news .....all tickets are GONE, GONE, GONE!!!!!! I sure hope ESPN brings their sound pressure guage....I think we might just surprise a few folks back east...maybe even some of GRIZ NANTION :hurray:

AWESOME!!! that'll look great on tv.
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

appfan2008
December 7th, 2006, 12:44 AM
I am a diehard student fan but as previously mentioned waited until today "reading day" to get my ticket because of time. I would love to see 20,000 as that has been my goal the entire playoffs and I really hope it happens. I am not sure it will though, unfortunately. It certainly aint the students fault though... I got in line last week at 1:30 and the gates didnt open till 2:30 and I was already the 50th person in line or so. I am planning on getting in line at 1 this week. It is a mad dash to your seat but I love being on the 50 yard line up close rocking and rolling in the student section... what a great feeling. Now I really hope the alumni/parents/locals/"old fans" show up this week! You guys were there all season but have abandoned us in the playoffs. COME BACK old people!

mistersykes
December 7th, 2006, 11:37 AM
I am a diehard student fan but as previously mentioned waited until today "reading day" to get my ticket because of time. I would love to see 20,000 as that has been my goal the entire playoffs and I really hope it happens. I am not sure it will though, unfortunately. It certainly aint the students fault though... I got in line last week at 1:30 and the gates didnt open till 2:30 and I was already the 50th person in line or so. I am planning on getting in line at 1 this week. It is a mad dash to your seat but I love being on the 50 yard line up close rocking and rolling in the student section... what a great feeling. Now I really hope the alumni/parents/locals/"old fans" show up this week! You guys were there all season but have abandoned us in the playoffs. COME BACK old people!

Agreed. You couldn't ask any more from the students. The section was packed like a sardine can for MSU and I expect the same again. I sure would love to sell 20,000 though.

GGASU
December 7th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Agreed. You couldn't ask any more from the students. The section was packed like a sardine can for MSU and I expect the same again. I sure would love to sell 20,000 though.

We should have two student sections on Saturday. One in the regular place, and one on the East end sections 12 and 13 (in they are empty like last week)

More room for everyone
Better back and forth cheers
Stadium looks better on TV

mistersykes
December 7th, 2006, 11:59 AM
We should have two student sections on Saturday. One in the regular place, and one on the East end sections 12 and 13 (in they are empty like last week)

More room for everyone
Better back and forth cheers
Stadium looks better on TV

Well my ticket is on the East side, I believe. Or maybe that doesn't matter. Anyway, that should be cool. I guess that would be the far left side where the MSU fans were/weren't (;)) last week.

GrizBro
December 7th, 2006, 03:47 PM
I'm feeling totally lame for not making the trip from Seattle. Way to go Griz fans and the community of Missoula to sell this game out in such short notice. I can't wait to here the ESPN2 announcers gush about the stadium, crowd and hopefully a Griz win.

I'm staying in Silverdale to watch the game. Know of any Griz fans over on this side of the water?