PDA

View Full Version : Braketology

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 16th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Too soon? Perhaps at only 1/2 way through the season, but it's never too early to speculate. Here's what nobowls.com has to say; nobowls.com is good source considering that they nearly nailed it last year with one regular season game remaining on the schedule. But with half a season to go, there's still A LOT of football to be played before the dust settles...

http://nobowls.com

Upper half

Fordham@Richmond ------> #1 JMU

North Dakota@UNI -------> #8 SDSU

Duquesne@YSU------------> #5 Coastal Carolina

Lamar@EWU---------------> #4 Jacksonville St.

Lower half

Dayton@EKU --------------> #3 Illinois St.

SELA@Sam Houston St.---> #6 McNeese St.

Portland St.@W&M---------> #7 Chattanooga

WIU@Montana St.----------> #2 NDSU

AUTOMATIC BIDS

E. Washington (Big Sky)

Coastal Carolina (Big South)

James Madison (CAA)

North Dakota St. (MVFC)

Duquesne (NEC)

Jacksonville St. (OVC)

Fordham (Patriot)

Dayton (Pioneer)

Chattanooga (Southern)

McNeese St. (Southland)

AT-LARGE BIDS

E. Kentucky (3-2)

Illinois St. (4-1)

Lamar (3-2)

Montana St. (3-2)

North Dakota (4-2)

Northern Iowa (2-3)

Portland St. (4-1)

Richmond (4-1)

Sam Houston St. (3-2)

SE Louisiana (3-2)

South Dakota St. (4-1)

W. Illinois (3-2)

William & Mary (3-2)

Youngstown St. (3-2)

BUBBLE BURST

S. Illinois (2-3)

Montana (3-3)

Samford (3-2)

New Hampshire (3-2)

NEXT FOUR OUT

Indiana St. (3-2)

Liberty (3-3)

Southern Utah (3-2)

Charleston Southern (4-1)

AT-LARGE BREAKDOWN

Missouri Valley (5)

Big Sky (3)

Southland (3)

Colonial (2)

Ohio Valley (1)

ST_Lawson
October 16th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Considering my "rose-colored glasses" prediction for our season had us just inside the bubble, being one of the last couple of teams into the playoffs...I'd take this (and be happy). As you said though...still a lot of football to be played.

Mayville Bison
October 16th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Just noticed he put 6 MVFC teams in but only has 5 listed by conference. There's no way 6 get in right?
NDSU
ISUr
SDSU
UNI
YSU
WIU

EDIT - I guess the 5 was at large, but still, no way 6 get in is there?

UNIFanSince1983
October 16th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Just noticed he put 6 MVFC teams in but only has 5 listed by conference. There's no way 6 get in right?
NDSU
ISUr
SDSU
UNI
YSU
WIU

I have a hard time seeing us with 6, but that doesn't mean there wouldn't be 6 worthy of inclusion.

centennial
October 16th, 2015, 02:25 PM
We should have 6 in the playoffs.

UNIFanSince1983
October 16th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Yeah, but that requires NDSU or ISUr to lose a conference game or two this year I think. Not saying that can't or won't happen, but if they runaway like last year someone will be left holding the bucket if you will.

ST_Lawson
October 16th, 2015, 02:31 PM
I have a hard time seeing us with 6, but that doesn't mean there wouldn't be 6 worthy of inclusion.

Oh...yea, you're right. Guess that probably would leave us out then. For us to make it in, we'd need to win at least 3, probably 4 more games, which would mean going 4-2 against UNI, ISUr, YSU, NDSU, ISUb, and SDSU. Not impossible...but highly unlikely. And if we do somehow win 4 of those games...how much does the meat grinder have to turn for all those teams to still have won enough games to still be in the playoff picture? I think you'd have to have more than a few upsets from us "middle of the pack" teams.

BisonTru
October 16th, 2015, 02:34 PM
NDSU
ISUr
SDSU
UNI
YSU
WIU

It's possible especially with the parity of other conferences. You'd do better flipping a quarter trying to pick games in the Big Sky. The Southland is tough to figure out, but some of the bottom seems tougher. And outside of JMU, the CAA seems to be in the same boat.

Take USD and MSU add two more MVFC schools. If those four would lose out to the rest, that would really help the case for 6.

BisonTru
October 16th, 2015, 02:35 PM
We should have 6 in the playoffs.

Screw it, we should have 8 in. And they should all be seeded. (Purple)

Mayville Bison
October 16th, 2015, 02:44 PM

Step 1: Drop the Pioneer League
Step 2: Each conference has a championship game except the MVFC
Step 3: The winner of each conference championship game takes on a team from the MVFC

centennial
October 16th, 2015, 02:45 PM
USD and MSU don't belong. Everyone else should be in #Include8 #HappyMVFC

BEAR
October 16th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Certainly is so much on the line for McNeese then this week.

McNeese 4-0 in conference
UCA 3-0 in conference

If UCA wins I'm sure they will remain unranked by anyone in the polls but coincidentally be conference leaders. Strange how that works. xlolx

Daytripper
October 16th, 2015, 03:18 PM
No way 4 from the Southland make the playoffs.

KPSUL
October 16th, 2015, 03:37 PM
Totally pointless exercise when most teams have played 3 or less conference games.

Samalum'10
October 16th, 2015, 04:43 PM
Agreed

SENOREIDA
October 16th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Coastal a 5 seed? As of right now, NO!

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2015, 07:22 PM

Plus SELA and SHSU can't play in first round

RabidRabbit
October 16th, 2015, 08:06 PM
Coastal a 5 seed? As of right now, NO!
Who in Big south is going to beat them? Who out of rest of big south is a good choice for at large?

RabidRabbit
October 16th, 2015, 08:09 PM
Plus SELA and SHSU can't play in first round
They play each other in SLC game this year? Didn't last year, so were able to play in first round.

McTailGator
October 16th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Yes Southeastern and SHSU sure can meet in round one.

They played in round one last year.

Nickels
October 16th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Yes Southeastern and SHSU sure can meet in round one.

They played in round one last year.
Can, and if both make it without a seed, will.

I can already see it playing out. We will play SELA and probably win, make a nice run to the semi or finals, face the Bison, play well for a half and then get destroyed. McNeese will **** the bed in the first round. Same ****, different year.

edit- comon Ursus let us post $ I-I I T. I think they even say it on cable now.

WileECoyote06
October 17th, 2015, 12:58 AM
I'll believe that New Hampshire isn't getting to the FCS playoffs, when I see them be left out of the FCS playoffs. 12 years in a row is a ridiculous level of consistency.

RootinFerDukes
October 17th, 2015, 04:57 AM
I'll believe that New Hampshire isn't getting to the FCS playoffs, when I see them be left out of the FCS playoffs. 12 years in a row is a ridiculous level of consistency.

This is exactly how I feel, but the unh fans on here aren't being as optimistic. Until that fifth loss, the fat lady hasn't sung.

KPSUL
October 17th, 2015, 10:39 AM
This is exactly how I feel, but the unh fans on here aren't being as optimistic. Until that fifth loss, the fat lady hasn't sung.

Most UNH fans realize this would be a rebuilding year and were being realistic, particularly about the first 1/2 of the season. Things have worked out maybe even a little better than expected, particularly considering the only outstanding returning offensive starters, QB Goldrich, and OL McNeely went down with injuries in game two. The Stony Brook game was essentially an audition to select a new back-up QB, and a chance to get a whole new crew of WRs and RBs some experience against a very good FCS defense. The last two games have generated considerable optimism and Goldrich is scheduled to return today. Very few UNH fans expect to beat W&M in Williamsburg today, but even if if we lose, that will only make 3 and that lady everyone talks about will not be singing yet.