PDA

View Full Version : ESPN College Gameday Recruiting - Richmond @ JMU

jmu007
October 15th, 2015, 02:29 PM
Pretty good effort going on right now by the guys @JMUGameday to try and convince ESPN to bring Gameday to Harrisonburg next weekend for the big CAA match up between Richmond and JMU. If you're on twitter, give it a retweet and join the cause.

Bisonator
October 15th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Can't hurt to have Lee Fitting as an alumnus.xthumbsupx

Professor Chaos
October 15th, 2015, 02:57 PM
Good luck in your efforts! It would be great to see CGD go to a FCS location once or twice a year. I was hoping they would've gone to NDSU again last week but frickin' Utah had to screw that up. In any case, I think there's a handful of FCS schools that could really help put on a great show and I think JMU is in that group.

JMU2004
October 15th, 2015, 03:08 PM
We need Bama and Memphis to win this weekend, otherwise it's headed to Ole Miss vs A&M

JMUNJ08
October 15th, 2015, 06:58 PM
We need Bama and Memphis to win this weekend, otherwise it's headed to Ole Miss vs A&M

Exact thoughts when I scanned the FBS listing for mouth watering games. The FBS landscape is REALLY bare next week hence why they would be considering JMU at all. If Bama and/ or Memphis win, I think the chances greatly increase to give the SEC a week off and let the little guys shine.

BisonTru
October 15th, 2015, 07:11 PM
Exact thoughts when I scanned the FBS listing for mouth watering games. The FBS landscape is REALLY bare next week hence why they would be considering JMU at all. If Bama and/ or Memphis win, I think the chances greatly increase to give the SEC a week off and let the little guys shine.

If both those teams (T A&M and Memphis) lose you guys are probably a lock. If either of them lose, things look good. If they both win, probably gonna miss out.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 15th, 2015, 08:23 PM
I could die happy if I saw Lee Corso put on WebstUR's head gear.

RootinFerDukes
October 15th, 2015, 08:39 PM
I could die happy if I saw Lee Corso put on WebstUR's head gear.

LULZ! Sorry Spatter, but Lee Corso Roots Fer Dukes, Bud!

SUPharmacist
October 15th, 2015, 09:44 PM
Good luck JMU. It would be great for FCS and particularly great for you.

veinup
October 17th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Please lawad let this happen!!! I been sayin it!!! it would be perfect.

Gate83
October 17th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Well, since I'll be at this game... let it happen!

RootinFerDukes
October 17th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Root for Memphis to beat ole miss and Alabama to beat Texas a&m. That game next week is rumored to be ahead of us as of now, so you want that matchup to lose its appeal.

BisonTru
October 17th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Memphis up by a score starting the 4th

BisonTru
October 17th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Memphis beats Ole Miss... Things are looking better for JMU

Catsfan90
October 17th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Wow, looks like it may be looking good for JMU. Also, whats going on with the SEC? Lol

BisonTru
October 17th, 2015, 03:43 PM
Alabama is up 21 - 3. Good deal for JMU.

JMUNJ08
October 17th, 2015, 05:57 PM
'Bama 34-20 in the 4th...

Sitting Bull
October 17th, 2015, 06:11 PM
This is such a ridiculous theory.

Gameday is NOT coming to Harrisonburg.

As as good of a CAA match-up this will be, its probably being debated whether the Richmond Times Dispatch will even send a live reporter.

BisonTru
October 17th, 2015, 06:27 PM
Bama wins.... All the stars have alined

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 17th, 2015, 06:29 PM
^^That's outrageous. John O'Connor would walk to Harrisonburg for this one if he has already blown his monthly expense budget.

RootinFerDukes
October 17th, 2015, 07:50 PM
This is such a ridiculous theory.

Gameday is NOT coming to Harrisonburg.

As as good of a CAA match-up this will be, its probably being debated whether the Richmond Times Dispatch will even send a live reporter.

You're so jealous. This is real. JMU has officially acknowledged being in talks this season with gameday.

Sitting Bull
October 17th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Jealous of what?

The only people discussing this and fanning the flames are the delusional fans at JMU.

Your desperation for attention is embarrassing.

IBleedYellow
October 17th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Jealous of what?

The only people discussing this and fanning the flames are the delusional fans at JMU.

They have a good shot at getting Gameday to go there. I'd love to see it go there...and now I REALLY hope it goes there just to throw that sht in your face, tbh.

RootinFerDukes
October 17th, 2015, 08:06 PM
Jealous of what?

Join the line of vt, UVA and odu fans who are just pissed that we're even in discussions. It's never been to UVA.

TheKingpin28
October 17th, 2015, 08:38 PM
Why can't people just get in the train of, "any FCS school is good for the FCS." I'd be glad to hear that JMU got it. More exposure for the D1 and to let the P5 and co know there is more than the eSECpn

Sitting Bull
October 17th, 2015, 08:50 PM
Join the line of vt, UVA and odu fans who are just pissed that we're even in discussions. It's never been to UVA.

Great if it happens - but unless all these fans are reading FCS or JMU sports boards, who is actually even aware or discussing this?

Catsfan90
October 17th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Why can't people just get in the train of, "any FCS school is good for the FCS." I'd be glad to hear that JMU got it. More exposure for the D1 and to let the P5 and co know there is more than the eSECpn
I agree. The fact that FCS schools get the exposure over a G5 school makes me happy.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 17th, 2015, 09:29 PM
Great if it happens - but unless all these fans are reading FCS or JMU sports boards, who is actually even aware or discussing this?

We're playing them and it's barely been touched on our board either.

RootinFerDukes
October 17th, 2015, 09:43 PM
Harrisonburg ABC station, Richmond ABC and NBC stations. That's just what I personally noticed. Get back to me when W&M is on gameday's list.

JMUNJ08
October 17th, 2015, 10:42 PM
Its entirely possible.

Sitting Bull, please tell me their better alternative.... would love to hear your theories

BisonTru
October 17th, 2015, 11:24 PM
No @CollegeGameDay (https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay) announcement tonight. Will happen tomorrow AM.

https://twitter.com/leefitting/status/655597838240514048

Drblankstare
October 17th, 2015, 11:32 PM
Would love to see this happen, there are so many good FCS venues and programs. Throwing a bone to the FCS once a year would be great. Good luck to JMU

Sitting Bull
October 18th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Its entirely possible.

Sitting Bull, please tell me their better alternative.... would love to hear your theories

I have no theories other than five P5 conferences with a full list of games next week. Take your pick.

ESPN is big league football and money.

As nice as it would be for FCS/CAA football (which your own fans bemoan, criticize, belittle and count the days until leaving) - this whole discussion is the invention of the JMU sports board and a courtesy return tweet from an alum.

NDSU was a different story, having won at the time 2?3? consecutive titles. Harvard/Yale, sorry but that has more than 30 years of history behind it.

And I'm not aware of any Richmond TV station talking about this. Like most of the stuff on the JMU sports board (admin conspiracy, Sunbelt invite in hand, the MAC wants us, blah, blah, blah, - the bulk of it is just thrown out there, then taken as fact and regurgitated among the same 30 delusional fans.

JMU-MRD-DAD
October 18th, 2015, 09:53 AM
All FCS fans should want to see Game Day come to Harrisonburg. It's a win win for FCS football.

whitey
October 18th, 2015, 10:24 AM
It's OFFICIAL. Gameday to JMU next week!

JMU2004
October 18th, 2015, 10:26 AM
We got it

JMU2004
October 18th, 2015, 10:27 AM
I have no theories other than five P5 conferences with a full list of games next week. Take your pick.

As nice as it would be for FCS/CAA football (which your own fans bemoan, criticize, belittle and count the days until leaving) - this whole discussion is the invention of the JMU sports board and a courtesy return tweet from an alum.

NDSU was a different story, having won at the time 2?3? consecutive titles. Harvard/Yale, sorry but that has more than 30 years of history behind it.

And I'm not aware of any Richmond TV station talking about this. Like most of the stuff on the JMU sports board (admin conspiracy, Sunbelt invite in hand, the MAC wants us, blah, blah, blah, - the bulk of it is just thrown out there, then taken as fact and regurgitated among the same 30 delusional fans.

You're acting like a turd. We got it, WRIC ran a story on it Thursday, and you sound like a bitter child.

StrikeJMU
October 18th, 2015, 10:30 AM

How do you prepare your crow?

Bisonator
October 18th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Congrats JMU! Put on a great show!xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2015, 10:40 AM
How do you prepare your crow?

Probably disappear for a few days.... xlolx

heath
October 18th, 2015, 10:43 AM
tickets are still available,but shouldn't last long

JaxSinfonian
October 18th, 2015, 12:00 PM

Watching posters deny the possibility of things that become reality is one of my favorite things about AGS and fan boards in general. Thanks, Sitting Bull, and all who discuss the future as if it's already taken place.

(I should probably cross-post this in the South Dakota-NDSU game thread.)

catamount man
October 18th, 2015, 12:25 PM
Awesome! Will be watching! GO CATS!!!

Sitting Bull
October 18th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Watching posters deny the possibility of things that become reality is one of my favorite things about AGS and fan boards in general. Thanks, Sitting Bull, and all who discuss the future as if it's already taken place.

(I should probably cross-post this in the South Dakota-NDSU game thread.)

I just heard and wanted to log in IMMEDIATELY to say sorry for doubting - and congrats.

Wont deny I thought this was 99% rumor. Definitely wrong.

Good for JMU, CAA and all FCS.

Sitting Bull
October 18th, 2015, 12:46 PM
FWIW, according to a JMU poster on the Tribe site, a group has also contracted a plane to fly over the JMU stadium on Saturday to pronounce "Get the hell out of the CAA" as he quotes.

I guess even being very wrong on this thread, I can only feel so good for JMU.

Lots of action in Harrisonburg.

jmufan999
October 18th, 2015, 12:55 PM
FWIW, according to a JMU poster on the Tribe site, a group has also contracted a plane to fly over the JMU stadium on Saturday to pronounce "Get the hell out of the CAA" as he quotes.

I guess even being very wrong on this thread, I can only feel so good for JMU.

Lots of action in Harrisonburg.

first, i'm not part of that stupid flyover. it's a giant waste of money and time. second, that's not what it's going to say, despite what the other poster said. i think it's something like, "JMU to FBS, just move up" or something to that effect. he was exaggerating.

and i can't speak for all JMU fans, but i accept your apology for your comments yesterday. just know that many of us do not believe rumors out of thin air. when the official Gameday account retweets the producer saying "let's go to JMU", it's more than a rumor. that was several days ago. we knew we were very much in the running, it was never BS (obviously).

dewey
October 18th, 2015, 12:58 PM
It's OFFICIAL. Gameday to JMU next week!

Congratulations to James Madison. Make sure to go and check it out as it is awesome.

Dewey

jmufan999
October 18th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Congratulations to James Madison. Make sure to go and check it out as it is awesome.

Dewey

thanks, Dewey. always very classy.

RootinFerDukes
October 18th, 2015, 01:41 PM
Read it and weep Sitting Bull.

http://www.jmusports.com/news/2015/10/16/Football_1016151451.aspx

Make sure to not state things as fact that you don't fully understand.

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2015, 02:00 PM
Read it and weep Sitting Bull.

http://www.jmusports.com/news/2015/10/16/Football_1016151451.aspx

Make sure to not state things as fact that you don't fully understand.

You're a little late. xlolx

ST_Lawson
October 18th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Congrats JMU, more visibility for the FCS is always good.

JMUNJ08
October 18th, 2015, 11:39 PM
Sold OUT. That did not take too long. I really hope the hype and excitement get the fans going and can continue past this weekend.