PDA

View Full Version : Help me strategize...

DuckDuckGriz
December 6th, 2006, 01:03 AM
As many of you know -- my car was totaled a month back.

Here's my plan.

I get done with finals on Wednesday. I still have no car, and I have a few choices in mind. I also need to help my girlfriend move from LA back to Montana.

I will finish finals on Wednesday, look at a car on Wednesday and purchase on Wed or Thurs, then leave Eugene early Friday morning -- wind my way up the Willamette, through the Columbia River Gorge, and over the Idaho panhandle, across the pass on I-90 where there will for sure be hazardous road conditions -- and roll into Missoula just as the colors are being presented for the national anthem. I will then make the prodigal return to section 127 at Washington-Grizzly Stadium, add my voice to what will be the loudest CS game of the year - watch the Griz punch their ticket to the finals, and board a plane to Salt Lake City en route Las Angeles within 1.5 hours after the game.

This so far is the plan, and its about 75% probable.

Any other suggestions?

If uMass fan is going to be there -- I sure as hell am.

Ronbo
December 6th, 2006, 01:20 AM
Plan A- Get here.
Plan B- Get here any damn way you can.

DuckDuckGriz
December 6th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Plan A- Get here.
Plan B- Get here any damn way you can.

Sounds like a plan..

Oh btw my birthday is Friday incase anyone wants to chip in :D

umassfan
December 6th, 2006, 01:54 AM
Sounds like a plan..

Oh btw my birthday is Friday incase anyone wants to chip in :D
I think UMass will chip in and give you a big L for your bday :thumbsup:

DuckDuckGriz
December 6th, 2006, 01:59 AM
I think UMass will chip in and give you a big L for your bday :thumbsup:

That would make for rude party guests.

See you there.

Maybe meet me and 24,000 of my closest friends. :thumbsup:

mcveyrl
December 6th, 2006, 09:40 AM
watch the Griz punch their ticket to the finals, and board a plane to Salt Lake City en route Las Angeles within 1.5 hours after the game.

Sounds like you've just forced this game to go 6 overtimes...

That would be my luck anyway. Of course, I would pay whatever it took to rearrange my ticket to watch a six OT semi-final game.

SeattleGriz
December 6th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Sounds like you've just forced this game to go 6 overtimes...

That would be my luck anyway. Of course, I would pay whatever it took to rearrange my ticket to watch a six OT semi-final game.

I know it not quite the same, but the local high school here in Bothell, WA went to 9 overtimes a couple of weekends ago during their playoffs. It tied a national record.

I live about a mile from the stadium and all I heard were the OOOHS and AHHHS.

AZGrizFan
December 6th, 2006, 10:34 AM

Here's my plan.

I get done with finals on Wednesday. I still have no car, and I have a few choices in mind. I also need to help my girlfriend move from LA back to Montana.

I will finish finals on Wednesday, look at a car on Wednesday and purchase on Wed or Thurs, then leave Eugene early Friday morning -- wind my way up the Willamette, through the Columbia River Gorge, and over the Idaho panhandle, across the pass on I-90 where there will for sure be hazardous road conditions -- and roll into Missoula just as the colors are being presented for the national anthem. I will then make the prodigal return to section 127 at Washington-Grizzly Stadium, add my voice to what will be the loudest CS game of the year - watch the Griz punch their ticket to the finals, and board a plane to Salt Lake City en route Las Angeles within 1.5 hours after the game.

Any other suggestions?

If you're purchasing on Thursday, WHY WAIT???? Getcher' ass on the road to Missoula, son! You'll be KICKING yourself if road conditions cause you to miss all or part of the game.....better safe than sorry. Ronbo said you could stay at his house. :D :D :D :D

smegriz
December 6th, 2006, 11:03 AM
If nothing else works, force one of your friends to go....like Im doin with some of my bozeman friends, totaled my car last weekend tryin to get to the game, still made it at the end of the 1st quarter :D , but making him come, and yell and scream, and go crazy weekend before finals when we should be studying. Get there! Start running!

mcveyrl
December 6th, 2006, 03:49 PM
If nothing else works, force one of your friends to go....like Im doin with some of my bozeman friends, totaled my car last weekend tryin to get to the game, still made it at the end of the 1st quarter :D , but making him come, and yell and scream, and go crazy weekend before finals when we should be studying. Get there! Start running!

Note to self: Do not take personal car to the Northwest.

Two people on this board (I'm assuming a small sample of the entire population) have totaled their cars recently. Is insurance like $1,000 a month there?

AZGrizFan
December 6th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Note to self: Do not take personal car to the Northwest.

Two people on this board (I'm assuming a small sample of the entire population) have totaled their cars recently. Is insurance like $1,000 a month there?

No....weather is like, hellacious there. :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

smegriz
December 6th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Well, for me at least, should have left the day before, instead of driving over in the morning. Even if it meant getting in trouble at work, trouble at work would be better than a lost car, but whats done is done. At least the car was on its last legs in the first place, and not the best in the winter. Worth probobly like 800 or so before the wreck. Been mine for quite a while, and my first wreck of any sort. Just got unlucky, but lucky enough for no injuries to anybody in the car. With how many trips I've taken during these Montana winters during weather i shouldn't have been driving in, it's not as bad as it sounds :cool:

BuckeyeGrizzlyFan
December 6th, 2006, 10:28 PM
My insurance went down $35 a month when I told GEICO I had moved from Ohio to Montana.

mcveyrl
December 6th, 2006, 10:43 PM
No....weather is like, hellacious there. :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

That's why I figured the rates would be high!!!

The real question is...did GEICO save you 15% or more on your current car insurance and did the call, in fact, take 15 minutes or less.

Wow. It's just too late.

poly51
December 6th, 2006, 11:05 PM

Here's my plan.

Any other suggestions?

My question is why would anyone move from Southern California to Montana in December?

Solution: Stay in LA until June.