PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for USD player Sam McLeran

goyotes
October 12th, 2015, 02:02 PM
USD offensive linemen Sam McLeran suffered a spinal cord injury in the game against Western Illinois. He has regained limited mobility and will be moving to a rehabilitation center later this week. This is the link to the article on the USD website: http://goyotes.com/news/2015/10/12/FB_1012152518.aspx

Please take a little time today and say a prayer that God lay his healing hands on Sam and restore him to full health.

centennial
October 12th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Wish him well.

mmiller_34
October 12th, 2015, 02:13 PM
Awful news. I wish the best for him and his journey.

Thumper 76
October 12th, 2015, 02:20 PM
Tuned into the game as they were carting him off the field, awful news hope he has a full recovery.

ursus arctos horribilis
Sad news and wish him all the best in his recovery.

clenz
Cedar Rapids and Iowa City have great facilities. He'll get great care down here!

BEAR
October 12th, 2015, 02:25 PM
Get well kid...xthumbsupx

X-Factor
October 12th, 2015, 02:27 PM
Sorry to hear this. Hope the young man recovers fully. He has a long life ahead.

Sader87
October 12th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Thoughts and prayers to Sam and the entire USD community.

Bisonator
October 12th, 2015, 02:33 PM
Scary deal. I'm praying for him to get well soon and make a complete recovery!

ST_Lawson
October 12th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Very scary situation. Looked like a pretty routine play at first. I actually went back after I got home from the game and watched the replay of it on ESPN3 a few times. He kinda runs into a small group of both team's players and then falls down to the ground. Didn't even look like he had his head down or anything (like...didn't jam his head into anyone/anything as near as I could tell). If you have ESPN3, you can view the replay here: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2659472/ and the play starts right at about 1:06:58 in (he's the USD center, #51)

Gotta say, as soon as I saw the training staff start motioning for the ambulance to come out to the field, I felt pretty sick to my stomach. You never want to see a kid get injured, no matter which side they're on. It was just one of those fluke plays where something just got bumped/popped in just the wrong way.

I'm glad to hear he's regained feeling and some movement. It'll likely be a long road to recovery, but Iowa City has really good medical staff and facilities, so he's in a good place.
My thoughts are with him and his family.

Go...gate
October 12th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Very sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers from Hamilton, NY and Princeton, NJ.

IBleedYellow
October 12th, 2015, 07:28 PM
Here is praying for a full recovery! Go get em, kid!

Gangtackle11
October 12th, 2015, 07:34 PM
In my thoughts and prayers is Sam and the entire USD football program. Get well kid!!

IBleedYellow
October 12th, 2015, 07:38 PM
Very scary situation. Looked like a pretty routine play at first. I actually went back after I got home from the game and watched the replay of it on ESPN3 a few times. He kinda runs into a small group of both team's players and then falls down to the ground. Didn't even look like he had his head down or anything (like...didn't jam his head into anyone/anything as near as I could tell). If you have ESPN3, you can view the replay here: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2659472/ and the play starts right at about 1:06:58 in (he's the USD center, #51)

Gotta say, as soon as I saw the training staff start motioning for the ambulance to come out to the field, I felt pretty sick to my stomach. You never want to see a kid get injured, no matter which side they're on. It was just one of those fluke plays where something just got bumped/popped in just the wrong way.

I'm glad to hear he's regained feeling and some movement. It'll likely be a long road to recovery, but Iowa City has really good medical staff and facilities, so he's in a good place.
My thoughts are with him and his family.

Anyone that wishes for an opposing player to get hurt is wrong and sick I'm the head. No matter who they are.

ST_Lawson
October 12th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Anyone that wishes for an opposing player to get hurt is wrong and sick I'm the head. No matter who they are.

This is correct. Unfortunately I've met people who feel this way.

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 13th, 2015, 09:30 AM
This is correct. Unfortunately I've met people who feel this way.

Football can bring out the best and the worst in people.

BEAR
October 13th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Watched a kid accidentally get his arm broken in 4th grade city league football this week. Silence all around. Momma on the field. Kid crying pretty hard. He just landed wrong. The kid that tackled him just wasn't the same the rest of the game. Yeah, football means very little at that point.

Prayer again for the USD kid.

eiu1999
October 13th, 2015, 09:50 AM
People have to remember it's only a game and this young man's life is changed forever.

Catbooster
October 13th, 2015, 04:10 PM
He's in our thoughts and prayers

goyotes
October 13th, 2015, 04:36 PM
Coach Glenn's comments on the MVFC teleconference indicated that McLeran's recovery is going well. I hope and pray that the good news continues.

goyotes
November 20th, 2015, 06:02 PM
Sam still has a way to go, but has made a remarkable recovery so far. The following video is a great interview discussing the injury and recovery.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh1udYOA1To&feature=youtu.be

clenz
November 20th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Great to hear

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2015, 09:33 PM
Damn, this a really good outcome and I feel so glad for the kid. Resilient dude.

Thumper 76
November 20th, 2015, 10:00 PM
That's great news