PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire @ William and Mary

Mattymc727
October 12th, 2015, 12:05 PM
My head is all over the place with this one. Three weeks ago I would have penciled in a W&M blowout, but UNH has seemed to find their groove on offense against a couple of cupcakes before entering a bye week. W&M also managed to lose to Delaware during that span, so im not sure the gap between the two is all that big anymore.

Looks like QB Sean Goldrich is back in action this week.

On the other hand, UNH is 4-14 against the Tribe, and hasnt won at W&M since 1998....UNH also doesnt play great after bye weeks, during the Mac era.

My guess is W&M wins by 14, but I wouldnt be shocked by a Wildcat win. A definite statement game for UNH if they want to be back in the top 20.

Bill
October 12th, 2015, 12:06 PM
I thought New Hampshire was playing Lafayette this week...xdrunkyx

wmmii
October 12th, 2015, 12:37 PM
This game will probably be a playoff eliminator as the loser will need to win out their remaining games.

WMTribe90
October 12th, 2015, 12:46 PM
We were pretty banged up before and during the UD game, especially on defense. No excuses though, we were also flat and got pushed around by the UD OL. That said we are getting some bodies back now. I think we'll be able to run effectively against UNH. Avoid turn overs, and the run game should be the difference. I'll say Tribe 34-20.

Catsfan90
October 12th, 2015, 12:52 PM
We were pretty banged up before and during the UD game, especially on defense. No excuses though, we were also flat and got pushed around by the UD OL. That said we are getting some bodies back now. I think we'll be able to run effectively against UNH. Avoid turn overs, and the run game should be the difference. I'll say Tribe 34-20.
So some of the Villanova game, and it definitely looked like a much different team than the week before.

If UNH D can hold the run, and if Goldrich can get the offense moving than this game will be close.

If UNH gets off the field to quickly like they did against SBU, than it will be a long day. A few good skill players seem to be coming into their own and the Defense seems to be coming together well. This will be a huge test as it will be their first tough opponent after the last few weeks.

I say UNH 14- W&M 24

KPSUL
October 12th, 2015, 08:03 PM
I thought New Hampshire was playing Lafayette this week...xdrunkyx

Maybe we could work a swap. Does Harvard want to play William & Mary? It would be the dream match-up for all the AGS members advocating for the overwhelming importance of the founding date of a school. What could be better than #1 vs #2 ?

And there is already a Lafayette vs UNH Thread up and running!

Tribal
October 13th, 2015, 08:06 AM
Maybe we could work a swap. Does Harvard want to play William & Mary? It would be the dream match-up for all the AGS members advocating for the overwhelming importance of the founding date of a school. What could be better than #1 vs #2 ?

And there is already a Lafayette vs UNH Thread up and running!
Harvard wasn't a proper university when W&M was founded. I think Harvard was only an architect school or something like that. W&M is the oldest school in the nation and don't forget that. :mad:

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

KPSUL
October 13th, 2015, 03:40 PM
Harvard wasn't a proper university when W&M was founded. I think Harvard was only an architect school or something like that. W&M is the oldest school in the nation and don't forget that. :mad:

Thanks for getting that out in the open. Actually, I didn't specify which school was #1 and which was #2. I'm happy to believe W&M, since Harvard doesn't seem to be willing to play us, even though it is an hour away.

wmmii
October 14th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Any of the UNH fans on here coming down to see the game?

Lehigh Football Nation
October 14th, 2015, 05:16 PM
William and Mary always beats New Hampshire. It's what they do.

smilo
October 14th, 2015, 05:30 PM
This game will probably be a playoff eliminator as the loser will need to win out their remaining games.

This would surprise me. 7-4 likely makes the playoffs this year. Beyond that, not too farfetched to say UNH beats Maine and Richmond up in Durham to get to 8-3 after a loss here, especially if Gold rich is back. Maybe for you guys, but I'll take both WMU in this game and both to the playoffs.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 14th, 2015, 05:58 PM
Any of the UNH fans on here coming down to see the game?

I'm heading South to have some pork shanks at Pierce's regardless of the outcome!!!! :D

Mattymc727
October 15th, 2015, 06:51 AM
William and Mary always beats New Hampshire. It's what they do.

Cough Cough, since 2012...UNH is 2-1 against the Tribe.

Things are changing!!!!

wmmii
October 17th, 2015, 05:32 PM
Tribe wins 34-18.

O played well and D got 2 interceptions plus two blocked punts. UNH had one good O series otherwise seemed out of sync and Tribe rolls for 325 yards rushing.

WM gave up a lot of yards on both punt returns and kickoffs. Rhodes injured L knee on attempted punt block and was out of game after that.

Next up: Homecoming vs. Hampton then showdown in our house against JMU!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400795667

Tribe4SF
October 17th, 2015, 06:00 PM
Will be interesting to watch the polls this week. Let's see if we finally move by Nova and UNH.

UNH72Plus
October 17th, 2015, 09:04 PM
WM definitely deserved the win today. However, UNH played much better in the second half and lost the game on three plays - a dropped pass in the end zone at the half, a shanked 22 yard field goal, and a bobble snap in the end zone by the punter that gave WM the ball around the twenty. Of the 325 rushing yards over 100 came on two plays - very well run plays - but still two plays. You also have to factor in Goldrich's lack of mobility at QB. The WM home field curse still lives, let's hope they win out to help UNH strength of schedule!

Tribal
October 17th, 2015, 10:18 PM
WM definitely deserved the win today. However, UNH played much better in the second half and lost the game on three plays - a dropped pass in the end zone at the half, a shanked 22 yard field goal, and a bobble snap in the end zone by the punter that gave WM the ball around the twenty. Of the 325 rushing yards over 100 came on two plays - very well run plays - but still two plays. You also have to factor in Goldrich's lack of mobility at QB. The WM home field curse still lives, let's hope they win out to help UNH strength of schedule!
Sure, and our 3 plays were the punt return for 1 of your 2 TDs, not catching the walk-in TD when your player was called for DPI, and not scoring another TD as time ran out. Every team can point to 3 plays that may of changed the game.

Catsfan90
October 17th, 2015, 11:15 PM
Sure, and our 3 plays were the punt return for 1 of your 2 TDs, not catching the walk-in TD when your player was called for DPI, and not scoring another TD as time ran out. Every team can point to 3 plays that may of changed the game.

Yah but its true. W&M were the best winners, but UNH also left way to much on the field.

Catsfan90
October 18th, 2015, 06:09 AM
Yah but its true. W&M were the best winners, but UNH also left way to much on the field.
Drunk replys are the best. The best winners? :confused:

KPSUL
October 18th, 2015, 09:03 AM

We understand the need to drink away the pain when UNH loses the W&M football game and 2 hockey games in about 24 hours.

Tribal
October 18th, 2015, 09:58 AM
This is why I've always appreciated UNH fans. Love it.