PDA

View Full Version : SOCON Players of the Week

ElCid
October 12th, 2015, 11:12 AM
http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4000&ATCLID=210415099

OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Michael Eubank, Samford, Sr., QB
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Tevin Floyd, The Citadel, Jr., LB
SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Henrique Ribeiro, Chattanooga, Jr., P/PK

Floyd played lights out this past week. It was a team effort but he was key in holding Wofford to 124 yards rushing. Should be a good game next week with The Citadel at Samford in the battle of the Bulldogs. We will see if our secondary is up to the task.

CID1990
October 12th, 2015, 12:47 PM
http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4000&ATCLID=210415099

OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Michael Eubank, Samford, Sr., QB
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Tevin Floyd, The Citadel, Jr., LB
SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Henrique Ribeiro, Chattanooga, Jr., P/PK

Floyd played lights out this past week. It was a team effort but he was key in holding Wofford to 124 yards rushing. Should be a good game next week with The Citadel at Samford in the battle of the Bulldogs. We will see if our secondary is up to the task.

That's big considering the defensive performance Chatty put on firmen

kind of surprised actually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElCid
October 12th, 2015, 01:49 PM
That's big considering the defensive performance Chatty put on firmen

kind of surprised actually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know. Holding the Rat dogs to 124 yards rushing and 262 yds overall is pretty good and Floyd was on fire. He had good numbers and was a great inspiration out there. Overall we had a few standout performances. And I really like the swarming that is going on with the D. Plus they read Wofford's offense pretty well. Not sure how we slipped 2 weeks ago. Wofford is averaging 346 yds /gm. And when is the last time Wofford had more passing yards than rushing (138 and 124)? Not this decade and maybe not this century.

Furman on the other hand has been struggling all along, even considering Chatty's acknowledged stout D. Furman is averaging only 305 yds a game and UTC held them to 235.

In any event we'll take it. I feel some more interceptions coming next week.

Milktruck74
October 12th, 2015, 02:03 PM
Eubank must have had a great game to knock Derrick Craine out of that slot. I didn't see Samford play, but DC had 138 rush yards (and a couple of catches for about 35-30) and 3 TDs against the top two LBs in the league.