PDA

View Full Version : Most Significant Win/Loss in this weeks Polls???

Milktruck74
October 11th, 2015, 09:08 AM
I had a hard time choosing these in the poll. I feel like this week's Most Significant Win could go to a number of teams. I have a hard time calling anything a"Bad Win" or a "Good Loss"..... but there were a bunch of teams (UNI, YSU, etc) that showed me alot in their losses. and there were teams that should have won big, and didn't.....So, can the most significant loss be a good thing? I actually have losers moving up in this weeks poll. Call me crazy!!!

Professor Chaos
October 11th, 2015, 09:12 AM
I had a hard time choosing these in the poll. I feel like this week's Most Significant Win could go to a number of teams. I have a hard time calling anything a"Bad Win" or a "Good Loss"..... but there were a bunch of teams (UNI, YSU, etc) that showed me alot in their losses. and there were teams that should have won big, and didn't.....So, can the most significant loss be a good thing? I actually have losers moving up in this weeks poll. Call me crazy!!!
I wanted to put most significant loss as North Texas. At least it was for their former head coach.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 11th, 2015, 09:18 AM
I'll go with Dartmouth for biggest win. They are a legitimately good.

Biggest loss Liberty? Their season seems destined for disappointment. Turner Gill seems like an almost, but not quite good enough coach imo...

ngineer
October 11th, 2015, 09:19 AM
I wanted to put most significant loss as North Texas. At least it was for their former head coach.

But NTSU is not FCS.

- - - Updated - - -

Win I'll go with Dartmouth for biggest win. They are a legitimately good.

Biggest loss Liberty? Their season seems destined for disappointment. Turner Gill seems like an almost, but not quite good enough coach imo...

Yes, a good consideration. Seems like they started reading their press clippings too much after beating Montana.

RabidRabbit
October 11th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Portland St for most significant win. Their 2nd FBS scalp of the season, and a demolition of a (supposed) FBS program.

Professor Chaos
October 11th, 2015, 09:31 AM
But NTSU is not FCS.

I realize that, was just the most shocking point spread I've ever seen in a FCS/FBS matchup and I don't recall a head coach getting fired so quickly after a game before.

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2015, 09:55 AM

Dartmouth is #1 in my poll too.

Catsfan90
October 11th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Dartmouth is #1 in my poll too.
Ha-ha what's their official #?

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Ha-ha what's their official #?

My Top 5 in no order is: Dayton, Princeton, Dartmouth, Harvard and Jacksonville

aceinthehole
October 11th, 2015, 10:13 AM

PantherRob82, you've been on a roll! Kudos xthumbsupx

Catsfan90
October 11th, 2015, 10:16 AM
No I mean the official hashtag :p

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2015, 10:17 AM
No I mean the official hashtag :p

#WhatsBigAndGreenAndKickedYourAss
#IsThatADartInYourMouthOrAreYouJustHappyToSeeMe

Grizalltheway
October 11th, 2015, 10:20 AM

2 of the 3 teams that have beat Montana are now in tail spins. Sorry Weber...

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2015, 10:21 AM
It was a tough one for me:

wins: Portland State, Rhode Island, McNeese, Dayton
Losses: UNI, Delaware, Montana, San Diego, Youngstown

JayJ79
October 11th, 2015, 11:00 AM
I realize that, was just the most shocking point spread I've ever seen in a FCS/FBS matchup and I don't recall a head coach getting fired so quickly after a game before.

good thing it was a home game, else he would have had to hitchhike

mmiller_34
October 11th, 2015, 11:03 AM
I am thinking Portland State for biggest win -- even thought it was a crappy FBS team taking them down by 59 is a statement. Loss I think goes to Liberty.

kalm
October 11th, 2015, 11:33 AM
You are drunk and/or high if you don't think it's PSU. A single FBS win can be an outlier. A dominant FBS win less so. A 66-7 domination against a program that won a bowl game two years ago on top of another FBS win against a P5 simply has never happened before and probably won't again.

Hammerhead
October 11th, 2015, 11:50 AM
UNI for most insignificant loss. If I was a voter, I'd be moving them up!

JALMOND
October 11th, 2015, 12:01 PM
You are drunk and/or high if you don't think it's PSU. A single FBS win can be an outlier. A dominant FBS win less so. A 66-7 domination against a program that won a bowl game two years ago on top of another FBS win against a P5 simply has never happened before and probably won't again.

Also, PSU's other scalp, Wazzu, just beat Oregon and is having a good season as well, even with the loss to PSU.

Milktruck74
October 11th, 2015, 12:21 PM
UNI for most insignificant loss. If I was a voter, I'd be moving them up!

This is what I mean....Even though they lost, it was a significant showing. They are solid and showed a bunch in that game...even though they lost....Most significant loss???

paward
October 11th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Win Portland St
Lost Liberty (these guys are killing me)

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2015, 12:39 PM
This is what I mean....Even though they lost, it was a significant showing. They are solid and showed a bunch in that game...even though they lost....Most significant loss???

It's also significant because we are about to miss the playoffs.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 11th, 2015, 12:49 PM

Same discussion from a few weeks ago with Jacksonville OT loss...don't think a consensus was ever reached but it is true that significant loss can be a good thing or at least maybe have positive aspects to it.

dbackjon
October 11th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Win has to be Portland State

Catsfan90
October 11th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Why is no one talking about Dayton's thrilling finisher against USD? They now sit atop the PFL.

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Why is no one talking about Dayton's thrilling finisher against USD? They now sit atop the PFL.

I think everyone assumes Dayton is the best so there is no need to discuss it.

I think I did mention Dayton.

#NoHatinOnDayton

Catsfan90
October 11th, 2015, 01:01 PM

#NoHatinOnDayton
Dayton had the most significant win as well as the most significant loss. Figure it out.

X-Factor
October 11th, 2015, 01:50 PM

Not true. See NDSU 2007. Demolition clinic against MAC champions CMU and took down Minnesota. But I see your point, great start for PSU, there would just be a lot more clarity if they had beaten UND. That is the head scratcher right now.

TheRevSFA
October 11th, 2015, 02:04 PM

#NoHatinOnDayton

Rob is making a strong case for POTY