PDA

View Full Version : Portland State 66 North Texas 7, coach fired!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 10th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Apparently UNT has fired McCarney before the post game presser!!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25334743/report-north-texas-fires-mccarney-after-66-7-loss-to-portland-state

UNI Pike
October 10th, 2015, 08:13 PM
Wow. Just wow. McCarney has left his (skid) mark on two programs - Iowa State & UNT. I was asking in another thread if he was going to make it to the next season. Guess I'm the "the glass is 1% full" guy in this instance.

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Wow. Don't even wait until after the press conference.

Daytripper
October 10th, 2015, 08:23 PM
two years too late.

centennial
October 10th, 2015, 08:31 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if they steal a coach from the Southland.

RootinFerDukes
October 10th, 2015, 08:32 PM
He's probably the first fbs coach fired after an Fcs loss since Lloyd carr's Michigan Wolverines lost to app state. At least they let him finish the season haha.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 10th, 2015, 08:37 PM
He's probably the first fbs coach fired after an Fcs loss since Lloyd carr's Michigan Wolverines lost to app state. At least they let him finish the season haha.

I think Jack Crowe was either fired or forced to resign immediately after Arkansas lost to The Citadel in 1992...

FormerPokeCenter
October 10th, 2015, 08:53 PM
That score should be a new record for widest margin of FCS victory over FBS..

The McNeese win over South Florida was the previous record...

Daytripper
October 10th, 2015, 08:57 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if they steal a coach from the Southland.

I volunteer Mike Collins, SHSU D-coordinator.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 10th, 2015, 09:00 PM
That score should be a new record for widest margin of FCS victory over FBS..

The McNeese win over South Florida was the previous record...

Actually it was Lehigh vs Penn in 1981. The McNeese-USF game was the record for teams that are currently in FCS and FBS....

FormerPokeCenter
October 10th, 2015, 09:05 PM
I sit corrected. The MSU/USF game set records for most points scored by an FCS team against a BCS school...and for the largest margin of victory by an FCS school over a BCS school...

But I digress..

Kudos to Portland State for a fantastic showing!

superman7515
October 11th, 2015, 01:27 PM
I think Jack Crowe was either fired or forced to resign immediately after Arkansas lost to The Citadel in 1992...

You're correct, Crowe was fired that night and it was announced the next day that he resigned. Then Crowe's lawyers got involved and Arkansas admitted they fired him and he disappeared for a while as Baylor's OC until his Jacksonville State days.

AshevilleApp2
October 11th, 2015, 01:34 PM

He actually announced his retirement at seasons end after the Oregon game the next week . Likely under duress, but I don't know for sure. At least he went out with a Bowl win over Florida.

RootinFerDukes
October 11th, 2015, 02:50 PM
He actually announced his retirement at seasons end after the Oregon game the next week . Likely under duress, but I don't know for sure. At least he went out with a Bowl win over Florida.

Yeah, I know he "retired" but considering it happened the same season, let's be honest, it wasn't really a retirement.

rexreed
October 11th, 2015, 08:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7020067/embattled-coach-mike-locksley-fired-new-mexico in 2011 New Mexico State fired their head coach after losing a homecoming game against Sam Houston.

TheRevSFA
October 11th, 2015, 08:58 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7020067/embattled-coach-mike-locksley-fired-new-mexico in 2011 New Mexico State fired their head coach after losing a homecoming game against Sam Houston.

Sam beat UNM, not NMSU