PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 7

carney2
October 8th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Apologies for the early start, but I will be out of contact for the entire weekend.

BUCKNELL @ Army Fort Dix (or the other one)
COLGATE @ GEORGETOWN
HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM
Harvard @ LAFAYETTE

Bye: LEHIGH

bonarae
October 8th, 2015, 09:00 PM
VMI (are you referring to Fort Dix as VMI?)
Colgate (toss-up)
Fordham
Harvard

ngineer
October 8th, 2015, 09:20 PM
VMI (are you referring to Fort Dix as VMI?)
Colgate (toss-up)
Fordham
Harvard

No, I think that is Carney's usually sarcastic reference to Army not referring to themselves as "Army West Point"....Correct me if I wrong.

carney2
October 11th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Responding "early" to move this thread to the head of the line.

BUCKNELL @ Army Fort Dix (or the other one) - No hope for Bucky on the best day he could possibly imagine.

COLGATE @ GEORGETOWN - The Hoyas need to do it one more time to make a believer out of me.

HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM - Moorhead continues to toy with his incompetent Patriot League colleagues.

Harvard @ LAFAYETTE - This was supposed to be the 4th embarrassing blowout of the season but, alas, no. 4 is in the rear view mirror. This will be no. 5 - and counting.

ngineer
October 11th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Bucknell at Army could be ugly, depending on return of their RB and WR. Army 38-10.

Hoyas believing in themselves stamp themselves 'legit'. Georgetown 25-22

Fordham caught "looking ahead" (;-)? Doubtful, though Crusaders give an early scare.. Rams 42-24.

Many think this will be ugly. I sense the LC will actually play much better, but unfortunately the outcome won't change. Harvard 31-17.

Lehigh'98
October 11th, 2015, 09:26 AM
This G'town Colgate game is shaping up to be very interesting. They humiliated Lafayette 38-7. I want to give them credit, but it seems to be more of a state of the league message at the moment. Beating Colgate would be more impressive. I'm picking Georgetown in another upset here. 24-13

Will Harvard take Laf seriously enough to win by more than 35? Can you blame them if they don't?

Fordham has shown signs of vulnerability so far and HC show a little life (for one game). Now what, probably a regression to the mean, Fordham by 24.

Army needs a win and the cadets will be doing a lot of push-ups Saturday. 55-7

CFBfan
October 11th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Bucknell at Army could be ugly, depending on return of their RB and WR. Army 38-10.

Hoyas believing in themselves stamp themselves 'legit'. Georgetown 25-22

Fordham caught "looking ahead" (;-)? Doubtful, though Crusaders give an early scare.. Rams 42-24.

Many think this will be ugly. I sense the LC will actually play much better, but unfortunately the outcome won't change. Harvard 31-17.

I think you nailed it this week ngineer

Lehigh Football Nation
October 11th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Is it really so unthinkable that Georgetown might be... gasp!... good?

CFBfan
October 11th, 2015, 09:48 AM

I don't think that's unthinkable, I believe that the rest of the PL sucking is unthinkable and unacceptable!!!!!

Ivytalk
October 11th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Responding "early" to move this thread to the head of the line.

BUCKNELL @ Army Fort Dix (or the other one) - No hope for Bucky on the best day he could possibly imagine.

COLGATE @ GEORGETOWN - The Hoyas need to do it one more time to make a believer out of me.

HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM - Moorhead continues to toy with his incompetent Patriot League colleagues.

Harvard @ LAFAYETTE - This was supposed to be the 4th embarrassing blowout of the season but, alas, no. 4 is in the rear view mirror. This will be no. 5 - and counting.
I agree with carney2, the omniscient and all-powerful...xnodxxdrunkyx

Pards Rule
October 11th, 2015, 11:42 AM
I will wait until Killabee weighs in before my picks...

van
October 11th, 2015, 01:21 PM
I will wait until Killabee weighs in before my picks...

might be a long wait until he comes out of the coma

ngineer
October 11th, 2015, 07:27 PM
I don't think that's unthinkable, I believe that the rest of the PL sucking is unthinkable and unacceptable!!!!!

Hey, it wasn't that long ago G'town was in the hunt for the PL championship and came into Goodman with a chance to grab a share of first place. Lehigh won, but Hoyas had a decent team that year.

CFBfan
October 11th, 2015, 07:55 PM
Hey, it wasn't that long ago G'town was in the hunt for the PL championship and came into Goodman with a chance to grab a share of first place. Lehigh won, but Hoyas had a decent team that year.

right, actually 2010 and 2011 they played for the PL title

KillaBee
October 12th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Lafayette Vs. Harvard..... Hmmm this might be a tough decision. I'm not factoring injuries, youth, scholarship athletes, or coaching into my decision. I believe it will be a close game until the final buzzer, but The Pards will pull this out.... Harvard will take them for granted, and a starving, beating Leopard can be vicious. Yes it is the 7th game of the season and all teams have injuries. some kids have been known to play Professional sports directly out of H.S. so im not buying youth. Scholarship athletes are also at Purdue, SMU, UCF,U of Kansas, U of Virginia and they all have either the same record or worst than the PARDS.. Coaching is not taking that A player and making him a A+, it is taking that D player and inspiring him/her to perform as a B player, which takes time and effort. I see many players getting better and better.. I read all these ratings and see stars and predictions from those who have no clue.. The Pards just have to get better..

The Leopards will win this week!!!!

Losing ... really does say something about who you are. Among other things it measures who you are: do you blame others, or do you own the loss? Do you analyze your failure, or just complain about bad luck? If you're willing to examine failure, and to look not just at your outward physical performance, but your internal workings, too, losing can be valuable. How you behave in those moments can perhaps be more self-defining than winning could ever be. Sometimes losing shows you for who you really are.
LANCE ARMSTRONG, Every Second Counts

The Leopards Over the Tide..... Bet your LAST PENNY...... The leopards will get Better in every area.. the players, coaches and fans,,, if your not a Leopard fan, Sorry to tell you, but the Leopards will win over Harvard..

OH... and I don't believe in Hocus Pocus... so I'm predicting by 18...over the Tide..

Lehigh Football Nation
October 12th, 2015, 08:13 AM
I'm not factoring injuries, youth, scholarship athletes, or coaching into my decision.

This explains an awful lot.

KillaBee
October 12th, 2015, 08:15 AM
This explains an awful lot.

Let me guess you got a win and your the Champs? lol

DFW HOYA
October 12th, 2015, 08:17 AM

The Hoyas are playing better, but it's more a result of the schedule. Georgetown's three losses are to teams with a combined record of 10-2. Its three wins are to teams with a combined record of 4-12.

KillaBee
October 12th, 2015, 08:19 AM
The Hoyas are playing better, but it's more a result of the schedule. Georgetown's three losses are to teams with a combined record of 10-2. Its three wins are to teams with a combined record of 4-12.

Georgetown deserve to win they were definitely the much better team.. Congrads

Pard4Life
October 12th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Can't wait for KillaBee during Lehigh week!

KillaBee should be the coach!

Sader87
October 12th, 2015, 09:29 AM
It is going to take a giant leap of faith not to take the 4 favorites this Saturday....but, as this board is titled.....

CFBfan
October 12th, 2015, 09:52 AM

as a 2-4 colgate squad limps into the nations capitol the Hoyas should push their record above .500 (2-0 in the PL) as the raiders have shown that they can not cover a pass period and Nolan can throw the ball around a bit.

Gangtackle11
October 12th, 2015, 10:05 AM
BUCKNELL @ Army - Army 35-20
COLGATE @ GEORGETOWN - Colgate 27-20
HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM - Fordham 38-14
Harvard @ LAFAYETTE - Harvard 42 -10

Last Week: 3-2 Season - 28-8

KillaBee
October 12th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Can't wait for KillaBee during Lehigh week!

KillaBee should be the coach!

Thanks for your compliment Pard4Life..lol PPL kill me, when they are a half of an ankle ahead of you and start to say nanny nanny BOO BOO.. this is the Patriot league.. Not the Big 10, SEC etc. all the kids could have gone to either of the Patriot League teams because they had decent grades coming out of High School. So they all land where there is a need for their position. Now once on the team, us fans root for our respective programs, but please do not let me see you get your AXX handed to you in 151, then the very next season get too .500, 2 games above the PARDS and think your ranked higher than Alabama...

Winning and Losing with Grace is virtue.. 16,000 post does not qualify as a College football expert.. Leopards over Harvard by 8.....

CFBfan
October 12th, 2015, 10:36 AM
16,000 post does not qualify as a College football expert.. Leopards over Harvard by 8.....[/QUOTE]

nor does being mentally unstable qualify you....certify you yes but not qualify you

KillaBee
October 12th, 2015, 10:49 AM
lmao... thank you CFBfan.. yes I am def.. certified at times... but this week,, will be a win for the Leopards...by 8...

Lehigh Football Nation
October 12th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Losing ... really does say something about who you are. Among other things it measures who you are: do you blame others, or do you own the loss? Do you analyze your failure, or just complain about bad luck? If you're willing to examine failure, and to look not just at your outward physical performance, but your internal workings, too, losing can be valuable. How you behave in those moments can perhaps be more self-defining than winning could ever be. Sometimes losing shows you for who you really are.

Lafayette's biggest fan pulling out a Lance Armstrong quote this week? My God, this is becoming by favorite thread ever!

ngineer
October 12th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Lafayette Vs. Harvard..... Hmmm this might be a tough decision. I'm not factoring injuries, youth, scholarship athletes, or coaching into my decision. I believe it will be a close game until the final buzzer, but The Pards will pull this out.... Harvard will take them for granted, and a starving, beating Leopard can be vicious. Yes it is the 7th game of the season and all teams have injuries. some kids have been known to play Professional sports directly out of H.S. so im not buying youth. Scholarship athletes are also at Purdue, SMU, UCF,U of Kansas, U of Virginia and they all have either the same record or worst than the PARDS.. Coaching is not taking that A player and making him a A+, it is taking that D player and inspiring him/her to perform as a B player, which takes time and effort. I see many players getting better and better.. I read all these ratings and see stars and predictions from those who have no clue.. The Pards just have to get better..

The Leopards will win this week!!!!

The Leopards Over the Tide..... Bet your LAST PENNY...... The leopards will get Better in every area.. the players, coaches and fans,,, if your not a Leopard fan, Sorry to tell you, but the Leopards will win over Harvard..

OH... and I don't believe in Hocus Pocus... so I'm predicting by 18...over the Tide..

Laughyette is not playing Alabama this week....Just in case you want to add some more points to the epic upset. Harvard is The Crimson, as in the color. 'Bama is the detergent.

Bill
October 12th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Lafayette's biggest fan pulling out a Lance Armstrong quote this week? My God, this is becoming by favorite thread ever!

That's how we know it's a PL thread. We always make sure to cite our sources!xnodx

KillaBee
October 12th, 2015, 11:47 AM
17,000 post doesn't qualify either...

CFBfan
October 12th, 2015, 11:52 AM
17,000 post doesn't qualify either...

LC is the 1st school/team to have it's very own AGS Troll!!

RichH2
October 12th, 2015, 02:04 PM
LC is the 1st school/team to have it's very own AGS Troll!!
Killa is nuts but enjoyable. Sadly,Lehigh has the dishonor of the first and worst in The Fan.

KillaBee
October 12th, 2015, 03:38 PM
TY Rich, At least someone is making sense around here.. I seem to be the funny bad guy for picking a team to win. I don't have close to 17,000 post, so they laugh at me for my predictions or think I am not accredited to talk about the XXXOOOO's of the game. So, I just stick with the fan's perspective and try not to compare myself to these real Football Genius's or GURU Analysis .. BUT the good thing is, in another 16,984 posts, The Football GODS will bless me with knowledge just as they..... to "PICK"EM". So for now, I'll just play my position!!!

Hopefully one of these GURU's will see it's just a game.. Just like #151.. was just a game.

I do believe once I hit 2754 on the post counter, I'll turn some heads when I say, " Lafayette Leopards will win," . This week by 8 against Harvard.. bet your house on it...$$$$$

well Rich I like you.. don't bet your house.... Just enjoy the victory...

Pards Rule
October 12th, 2015, 04:03 PM
TY Rich, At least someone is making sense around here.. I seem to be the funny bad guy for picking a team to win. I don't have close to 17,000 post, so they laugh at me for my predictions or think I am not accredited to talk about the XXXOOOO's of the game. So, I just stick with the fan's perspective and try not to compare myself to these real Football Genius's or GURU Analysis .. BUT the good thing is, in another 16,984 posts, The Football GODS will bless me with knowledge just as they..... to "PICK"EM". So for now, I'll just play my position!!!

Hopefully one of these GURU's will see it's just a game.. Just like #151.. was just a game.

I do believe once I hit 2754 on the post counter, I'll turn some heads when I say, " Lafayette Leopards will win," . This week by 8 against Harvard.. bet your house on it...$$$$$

well Rich I like you.. don't bet your house.... Just enjoy the victory...

You know how many times have we seen the Pards with the back against the wall winning an unwinnable game.

ColgateTD
October 12th, 2015, 04:31 PM
Bucknell @ Army = Cadets will have their way with the Bison, 38-14.
Holy Cross @ Fordham = Hard to figure out The Cross; Rams coming off a near miss - Fordham 35-26
Harvard @ Lafayette = Judging by last week's non-events John Harvard should prevail, 42-7
Colgate @ Georgetown = Colgate has sunk to a new low, going 1-2 vs the Ivies. The Hoyas are the new "Beasts of the Patriot League, 2.0" Tough choice. Going with the homer pick and hoping Hunt has "woken up the echos" in the locker room. 'Gate 29-27.

19-4 so far

van
October 12th, 2015, 05:17 PM
BUCKNELL @ Army - Buffs in a tail spin.

COLGATE @ GEORGETOWN - Hoyas looking much better than gators

HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM - Rams are beatable, but which Crossers will show up?

Harvard @ LAFAYETTE - could be very ugly in Easton.

last week was terrible and I am now 23-14 on the year

Lehigh Football Nation
October 12th, 2015, 06:01 PM
I seem to be the funny bad guy for picking a team to win. I don't have close to 17,000 post, so they laugh at me for my predictions or think I am not accredited to talk about the XXXOOOO's of the game.

Pretty sure to get accreditation you need to get more than one prediction right in five tries.

Pard4Life
October 12th, 2015, 10:12 PM
I'm with KillaBee... LFN struts his stuff too much around here... you missed it KB, when LFN announced to AGS when he made his 15,000th post... or his claim that the Patriot League isn't any good because Lehigh was having a down year... or Lafayette is having attendance problems...

BucBisonAtLarge
October 12th, 2015, 10:18 PM
Army
Colgate
Fordham
Lafayette

KillaBee
October 13th, 2015, 08:44 AM
Well he must have GURU status,,, The Mountain Hawks are going to win the Conference Championship and make it 3 games deep into the playoffs.. That is my Prediction!!!! Bet your House on it Pard...

4211LBLS
October 13th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Sadly, Lafayette will not win this week. Harvard is too strong and there are way to many injuries and other issues at LC. As much as I like the players and the coaches, an upset will not happen here. Harvard is too good and too disciplined and LC is now under 50 players they can dress out due to injuries.

Army over a disappointing Bucknell
Colgate over an over-rated Hoyas
Fordham continues to have their way
And Harvard continues to show that the Ivy League has a better football model than the PL

Bill
October 13th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Slipped back to 24-12 after a rough last week. At least I don't have a Lehigh game to foul up my pics :)

BUCKNELL @ United State Military Academy - I'll take Citdog's favorite high school, 32-12
COLGATE @ GEORGETOWN - I love the Hoya resurgence, but don't have the guts to pick them. Red Raiders, 25-24
HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM - Beat down in the boogie down for one of Jesuit schools. Rams, 44-17
Harvard @ LAFAYETTE - I don't think this will be close. Tommy Lee Jones' alma mater, 38-14

Lehigh Football Nation
October 13th, 2015, 10:59 AM
Well he must have GURU status,,, The Mountain Hawks are going to win the Conference Championship and make it 3 games deep into the playoffs.. That is my Prediction!!!! Bet your House on it Pard...

Glad to see I finally talked some sense into you.

van
October 13th, 2015, 03:24 PM

there goes the season, just when I thought there was some reason to hope

KillaBee
October 13th, 2015, 03:34 PM
Van & LFN, you guys brought that ticket.. Glad to see you are the champs for 2015.. No one is as good as you... I'm betting the house on your victory will be by 23... by the way who do you play this week? OHHH your on a bye, that explains the chatter... you have another week to be up a half of ankle...

Andy
October 13th, 2015, 07:29 PM
there goes the season, just when I thought there was some reason to hope

The "we're going 9-2 at least" Enginhawk fans showing a sense of humor, even LFN got me to chuckle.

Usually I'd be right there with you Killa, but 3 blocked FGs in as many tries has me in
like 'show me SOMETHING and give me a reason to get back on the bandwagon' mode.

Pard4Life
October 13th, 2015, 07:46 PM
Van & LFN, you guys brought that ticket.. Glad to see you are the champs for 2015.. No one is as good as you... I'm betting the house on your victory will be by 23... by the way who do you play this week? OHHH your on a bye, that explains the chatter... you have another week to be up a half of ankle...

That's right KB... crown 'em! The only true golden dome is Lehigh! Forget Notre Dame. All this bluster coming from a fan base that had a no show in the biggest game of the program!

Pard4Life
October 13th, 2015, 07:47 PM
The "we're going 9-2 at least" Enginhawk fans showing a sense of humor, even LFN got me to chuckle.

Usually I'd be right there with you Killa, but 3 blocked FGs in as many tries has me in
like 'show me SOMETHING and give me a reason to get back on the bandwagon' mode.

Wrong Andy that's 10-1... and the one is only because the refs will likely blow a game.

Lehigh'98
October 13th, 2015, 08:09 PM
Wrong Andy that's 10-1... and the one is only because the refs will likely blow a game.

Regardless, 10-1 doesn't get you an at large bid.

ngineer
October 13th, 2015, 11:23 PM
That's right KB... crown 'em! The only true golden dome is Lehigh! Forget Notre Dame. All this bluster coming from a fan base that had a no show in the game of th biggest game in the program!

I would agree it was the biggest embarrassment in the program, but not the biggest game in the program. The NCAA Championship of 1977 claims that designation.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 14th, 2015, 10:25 AM
This Army/Bucknell game is a true head-scratcher. With a healthy C.J. Williams and an unsuspended Will Carter, it might be a trendy upset pick. But hard to imagine Bison winning this game without them.

A very huge loss last week for the Bison last week was LB Ben Richard, I felt. Is he available this week? Unclear to me. If he isn't, the odds of an upset get even slimmer.

The two-deep lists all three aforementioned players as starters and available.

Another fun fact: Bucknell has never beaten an FBS team.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 14th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Going to be interesting Saturday to choose which games to follow at noon:

Noon: Bucknell at Army (CBS Sports Network)
Noon: Colgate at Georgetown (PLN)
1:00 PM: Holy Cross at Fordham (PLN)

3:30PM is Harvard at Lafayette. Too bad that game isn't on at noon. Wish that HC/Fordham was on at 3:30.

Then it would be an easy call: Bucknell/Army on the big screen, Gate/Georgetown on PLN on the laptop. Now I have to choose between the G'Town and Fordham games.

eiu1999
October 14th, 2015, 10:42 AM
BUCKNELL @ Army Fort Dix
COLGATE @ GEORGETOWN
HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM
Harvard @ LAFAYETTE

Bogus Megapardus
October 14th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Week 7 Sportsbook:

Army (-23) vs. Bucknell o/u 26½

Colgate (-2) at Georgetown o/u 43

Princeton (-8½) at Brown o/u 64

Dartmouth (-30½) at Central Connecticut o/u 50

Sacred Heart (-10½) vs. Cornell o/u 54

Fordham (-13) vs. Holy Cross o/u 59

Harvard (-33) at Lafayette o/u 46

Penn (-7) at Columbia o/u 47

Maine (-2½) vs. Yale o/u 53

Other Games of Interest:

Bryant (-5) vs. Duquesne o/u 41

Richmond (-16) at Rhode Island o/u 49

William & Mary (-7½) vs. New Hampshire o/u 53

Villanova (-10½) at Albany o/u 45

Stony Brook (-8) vs. Towson o/u 36

Lehigh Football Nation
October 14th, 2015, 02:46 PM
Tallying up my record I am 24-11 on the season this far.

Richmond -16 at Rhody is my Lock of the Week, incidentally.

Harvard at -33? Stay away. Killabee told me that they might keep things within 30.

RichH2
October 14th, 2015, 03:07 PM
The only guarantee.this week is that one PL team will beat the spread. :)

Pards Rule
October 14th, 2015, 04:23 PM
Wow have the Pards ever been a bigger underdog? Even to NDSU?

jimbo65
October 15th, 2015, 07:36 AM
Army big
Colgate maybe
Fordham 2-3 tds,
Harvard very big

PAllen
October 15th, 2015, 08:06 AM
BUCKNELL @ Army Fort Dix
COLGATE @ GEORGETOWN
HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM
Harvard @ LAFAYETTE

This. I can't remember hoping for wrestling season to start so early for so many years in a row.

Sader87
October 15th, 2015, 09:47 AM
The 0/U for Bucknell-Army is 26 1/2???? I've nevah seen an O/U that low.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 15th, 2015, 10:21 AM

With Army-WP as 23 point favorites, that means Vegas has this game as a 23-3 Army-WP win with zero wiggle room. That is unusual.

Am I nuts in seeing this as a single-digit win either way, if Williams plays? Will Carter is 100% playing as per their local paper. Carter was suspended for the Lehigh game, and the Lehigh game only. Bucknell's message board offers few hints for the reason other than that it wasn't the first time Carter got in trouble with coach.

Sader87
October 15th, 2015, 10:40 AM
A few random (with the emphasis on random) thoughts:

On paper this weekend looks to be one of the more lopsided slate of PL tilts that I can remembah. Colgate @ GTown seems to be the only game that may be competitive.

Army will probably beat up on Bucknell...they haven't really been that bad and a loss to Bucknell (going 0-2 against PL teams) could possibly doom Moncken at Army.

Harvard could probably put up any type of win that they want this weekend. This game is emblamatic of how well the IL has done lately and how poorly the PL is transitioning into the scholly era.

This might, might be a must win for Gilmore at Holy Cross. Going 0-2;2-4 to staht the year could lead into a tailspin on Mt St James...

Bill
October 15th, 2015, 10:55 AM
This might, might be a must win for Gilmore at Holy Cross. Going 0-2;2-4 to staht the year could lead into a tailspin on Mt St James...

Sader - I'd love to know how many times you've typed that in the past decade!!

Sader87
October 15th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Sader - I'd love to know how many times you've typed that in the past decade!!

Broken clock and all that....

carney2
October 15th, 2015, 11:11 AM
The only guarantee.this week is that one PL team will beat the spread. :)

Georgetown's Sgarlata says that this Harvard team is the best FCS team he has ever seen.

I will be interested to see what "drastic things" Tavani will do for this game (one of his post game comments after Georgetown). He has few options with, I believe, a roster that now numbers fewer than 50. Injuries are part of the game, but not like this.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 15th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Georgetown's Sgarlata says that this Harvard team is the best FCS team he has ever seen.

I will be interested to see what "drastic things" Tavani will do for this game (one of his post game comments after Georgetown). He has few options with, I believe, a roster that now numbers fewer than 50. Injuries are part of the game, but not like this.

Always onside kicking and always airing it out on 4th down would be a possibility.

DFW HOYA
October 15th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Always onside kicking and always airing it out on 4th down would be a possibility.

Too bad the the fair catch/free kick rule doesn't apply in college.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_catch_kick

carney2
October 15th, 2015, 01:56 PM
This. I can't remember hoping for wrestling season to start so early for so many years in a row.

Me too. And, where I come from rasslin' is just two guys on the ground grabbing each other.

i.e., This misery cannot end soon enough.

Go...gate
October 15th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Army 28, Bucknell 7

Georgetown 20, Colgate 19

Fordham 33, Holy Cross 21

Harvard 35, Lafayette 16

Bonus Pick: Princeton 31, Brown 24

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2015, 08:09 PM

I thought that too. If that's legit it seems like a slam dunk....

ngineer
October 15th, 2015, 08:43 PM
A few random (with the emphasis on random) thoughts:

On paper this weekend looks to be one of the more lopsided slate of PL tilts that I can remembah. Colgate @ GTown seems to be the only game that may be competitive.

Army will probably beat up on Bucknell...they haven't really been that bad and a loss to Bucknell (going 0-2 against PL teams) could possibly doom Moncken at Army.

Harvard could probably put up any type of win that they want this weekend. This game is emblamatic of how well the IL has done lately and how poorly the PL is transitioning into the scholly era.

If HC's coach is smart he will go to his second and third deep asap so as to avoid injury with the important part of their schedule coming up.

Pard4Life
October 15th, 2015, 08:53 PM
I could see Tavani starting a frosh QB but I can't imagine what drastic thing he could possibly do... waive the Frankosaurus?

CFBfan
October 16th, 2015, 06:06 AM
I could see Tavani starting a frosh QB but I can't imagine what drastic thing he could possibly do... waive the Frankosaurus?

INSIDE SCOOP: Frank is going to start KILLABEE @ QB !

Pards Rule
October 16th, 2015, 06:34 AM
Army 28, Bucknell 7

Georgetown 20, Colgate 19

Fordham 33, Holy Cross 21

Harvard 35, Lafayette 16

Bonus Pick: Princeton 31, Brown 24

Then I should take the Pards and the points!! And Bucknell too with the O/U hedge!!

Pard4Life
October 16th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Army 35, Bucknell 10... why? Heck I'll get to ask that when we play them next year

Georgetown 21, Colgate 18... GOTW, I think the Hoyas have something and Gate has been erratic at times.

Fordham 35, Holy Cross 28... rivalry game. An egg gets Gilmore fired?

Harvard 48, Lafayette 7... Q: What defense is tougher than Lafayette's? A: The wind. I may leave at halftime to go eat dinner.

Pard4Life
October 16th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Real questions for Lafayette this week:

No, not the keys to the game...

Will LC maintain it's games streak and home streak of scoring only 7 points?

How many field goal attempts will be blocked?

Will we keep Harvard's third down percentage below 80%?

Not being cynical, sadly.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 16th, 2015, 10:35 AM
Army-WP 27, Bucknell 20 - The simulator gives Bucknell a 5% upset potential in this game. Can't pull the trigger. Not a betting man but Bucknell + points + over seems like a very sound call.

Colgate 28 G'Town 21 - Guessing that Gate O will pose more problems for G'Town defense than Lafayette did.

Fordham 51 Holy Cross 35 - Chase Edmonds cracks the 200 yard mark again.

Harvard 45 Lafayette 0 - Harvard will only want to score about 35 by halftime before the subs come in and score about 10 more.

RichH2
October 16th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Army
Fordham
Harvard
Hoyas. Proof positive of the value of excellent coahes and few injuries.

carney2
October 16th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Harvard 48, Lafayette 7... Q: What defense is tougher than Lafayette's? A: The wind. I may leave at halftime to go eat dinner.

You're going? I figure the "crowd" to consist of parents and siblings of players plus some random Hahvad alums. Personally, I plan to eat my ticket for the 4th time this year (have yet to attend a game). I can neither watch nor support this garbage.

Sader87
October 16th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Sticking with the Apple-1 which went 4-1 last week. Steve Jobs' creation sees:

Army 38 Bucknell 14 Army can not go 0-2 against the PL this year.

Colgate 31 GTown 24 The only tilt this weekend that doesn't look ugly on paper.

Harvard JV's 31 Lafayette 13 Oh the indignity.

Fordham 45 HC 28 Typical high-scoring Ram-Crusadah affair...the NYC Jesuits retain the Cup.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 16th, 2015, 04:43 PM
Army 41 Bucknell 16 - This won't be close. Bucknell is really struggling. Army always is but it's relative...

Colgate 27 Geogetown 24 - Most appealing matchup of the weekend. I'll take the 'Gate to squeak one out....

Harvard 47 Lafayette 20 - Darn good vs darn bad....

Fordham 38 Holy Cross 24 - The Rams offense too good...

Leopard Loyalist
October 16th, 2015, 06:33 PM
Worst week of the season last week. (Thanks, Pards.) Thankfully only one close call this week.

BUCKNELL @ Army
COLGATE @ GEORGETOWN
HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM
Harvard @ LAFAYETTE

carney2
October 16th, 2015, 07:17 PM
Why is LSN not carrying the Harvard game?

van
October 16th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Why is LSN not carrying the Harvard game?

It's no fun broadcasting LC games any more?

carney2
October 16th, 2015, 09:13 PM
It's no fun broadcasting LC games any more?

It isn't. It can't be. But this was [not] scheduled before anyone knew what a total toilet Lafayette football would be.

But thanks for the chuckle.

Pard4Life
October 17th, 2015, 08:14 AM
I forgot to bring this up awhile ago but I did notice this game was not on LSN. Online stream? Check the LC football game day page.

Pard4Life
October 17th, 2015, 08:18 AM
Indeed: campus insiders PL Network: http://www.goleopards.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/101315aaa.html

carney2
October 17th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Changes my day entirely. May have to show up for the opening few minutes because technical difficulties prevent me from any streaming today.

So, whaddya think - kickoff somewhere around 3:35; should be over before 4:00?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 17th, 2015, 12:46 PM
HC is beating Fordham 17-7 end of 1Q...

The Ram's defense looks like swiss cheese. PP is playing well for HC....

crusader11
October 17th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Fordham really isn't that good. Or, at least, their defense isn't. HC offense having their way, up 17-7.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 17th, 2015, 12:50 PM
Bucknell 14 Army 7 at Half.....xeyebrowx

RichH2
October 17th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Watching all 3. FU has no 2ndary. Rams O left 2TDs on the field. Pujols having a field day. Army has no QB. BU stifling Army O. GU-Gate very even so far.
Edmonds just scored 17-14.

RichH2
October 17th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Looks like Rams are waking up on O.21-17 now. Edmonds just an unbelievable RB.Missed EP 20-17

DFW HOYA
October 17th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Colgate 17
Georgetown 0

Halftime

Fordham
October 17th, 2015, 01:39 PM
The second half against Penn and first half against HC are the worst two halves of play I've seen from us in a long while. Our secondary is just awful

Bill
October 17th, 2015, 02:05 PM
Bucknell 14 Army 7 at Half.....xeyebrowx
I wish I would have had the guts to take that over.

Franks Tanks
October 17th, 2015, 02:11 PM
I wish I would have had the guts to take that over.

Still time to bet on Harvard!

RichH2
October 17th, 2015, 02:23 PM
21-14 Army

RichH2
October 17th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Cross 38-34 Wow Ram DBs are just lost.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 17th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Cross 38-34 Wow Ram DBs are just lost.

Wait until next week when LU's secondary battles Fordham's....O/U 85?

RichH2
October 17th, 2015, 03:40 PM
Nah,owl. Maybe a tad higher :)
Lots of very good games to day. Cross came so close,as did BU.
Now to watch Pards.

Fordham
October 17th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Pfffffffffffttttttttttttttttttttt. Our secondary is AWFUL.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21502&stc=1

OLE!!!

Pards Rule
October 17th, 2015, 04:04 PM
At half, Harvard 21-0 over the Pards

Lehigh Football Nation
October 17th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Army-WP 27, Bucknell 20 - The simulator gives Bucknell a 5% upset potential in this game. Can't pull the trigger. Not a betting man but Bucknell + points + over seems like a very sound call.

Colgate 28 G'Town 21 - Guessing that Gate O will pose more problems for G'Town defense than Lafayette did.

Fordham 51 Holy Cross 35 - Chase Edmonds cracks the 200 yard mark again.

Harvard 45 Lafayette 0 - Harvard will only want to score about 35 by halftime before the subs come in and score about 10 more.

Not bad work this week.

carney2
October 18th, 2015, 08:18 AM
Lafayette update:

After posting minus 18 yds, rushing yesterday the Pards officially have the worst D-1 running game in the country - less than 45 yds. (net) per game.

The Leopards have given up 25 sacks.

The last 4 field goal attempts have been blocked.

The offensive line is in its 6th season of non-existence. The Lafayette poster who says that the freshmen filling in here are doing great really needs to read those last 3 lines. It's one thing for a freshman to be on the field because he earned it. It's a different matter altogether if he's out there because he's the last man standing and isn't up to the task.

The starting center against Harvard who was drafted from some other line position to fill in for all of the wounded, was carried off yesterday with an unknown injury.

Lafayette dressed 59 (more than expected). Harvard dressed 62 and supposedly left at least 62 more back in Cambridge. The numbers game does not shape up well for the Patriot League in the era of scholarships and roster restrictions.

For those of you stating that the Patriot League needs to begin redshirting to keep up with the big kids of FCS football, I say again that it would give an unfair advantage to schools with viable graduate programs while penalizing the League's core schools who offer few, if any, graduate degrees. All sorts of half-a$$ed solutions from some of you, but [case in point] a number of Lafayette seniors who have "earned" medical redshirt status during their careers have supposedly already decided to grab their degrees in June and then play their 5th year somewhere else while beginning work in graduate school. And that, lads, is the future if the League allows wholesale redshirting.