PDA

View Full Version : Indiana State at South Dakota State

Sycamore62
October 8th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Well, I'll start this one up. It will probably be me and a bunch of SDSU fans and some AGS regulars but who cares.

At the beginning of the season I didnt see this as a must win(for playoff contention) but more of a win that would take the pressure of some games later in the season.

5 dimes has us at +14. I guess that seems reasonable.

We played last week without 3 of 4 starting DL including probably our best defensive player Connor Underwood, and we were missing our #2 RB which is now our #1 RB because we lost our original #1 for the season. I think some guys will be back but I'm not sure which ones.

I suspect that IF both sides of our line perform well we could win however IF either our OL or DL dont do well we wont be able to make up for it on the other side of the ball.

Professor Chaos
October 8th, 2015, 09:54 AM
I think after last week SDSU is going to make a concerted effort to get Weineke involved early. Regardless, he should be ISUb's first and foremost concern because he is by far their top playmaker on offense. I was surprised by the 56 ISUb put up on MSU last week, I figured their offense would be in pretty rough shape after losing the QB who was their offense to graduation and with the injuries to their RBs. Still trying to figure out if MSU is just that bad. In any case, it'll be an interesting game to follow. One of the 6 ranked MVFC teams is going to have to fall off the pace and whoever loses this game is in danger of being that team.

Sycamore62
October 8th, 2015, 10:04 AM
I think after last week SDSU is going to make a concerted effort to get Weineke involved early. Regardless, he should be ISUb's first and foremost concern because he is by far their top playmaker on offense. I was surprised by the 56 ISUb put up on MSU last week, I figured their offense would be in pretty rough shape after losing the QB who was their offense to graduation and with the injuries to their RBs. Still trying to figure out if MSU is just that bad. In any case, it'll be an interesting game to follow. One of the 6 ranked MVFC teams is going to have to fall off the pace and whoever loses this game is in danger of being that team.

Our current QB played the ISUr game that we had a real shot to win until our infamous squib kick fail. We have some players on offense but I think we had like 4 or 6 sacks and a bunch of TFLs. I think we are literally almost last in FCS for sacks and tfls given up.

UNIFanSince1983
October 8th, 2015, 10:15 AM
ISUb - 1865
SDSU - 1888

ISUb by 10

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2015, 10:38 AM
ISUb - 1865
SDSU - 1888

ISUb by 10

I think someone should put together a calculator for the above data to see how it would perform against AGS/Sagarin......Clenz? :D

CappinHard
October 8th, 2015, 10:46 AM
I see SDSU coming out and playing angry after getting embarrassed at home last weekend. This is bad news for ISUb. If it was a normal week, I think it's a close game, but after last week there's going to be a fire under their asses... I am thinking a 10 point win is in order. Sorry ISUb, you can blame the bison.

Sycamore62
October 8th, 2015, 10:51 AM
I see SDSU coming out and playing angry after getting embarrassed at home last weekend. This is bad news for ISUb. If it was a normal week, I think it's a close game, but after last week there's going to be a fire under their asses... I am thinking a 10 point win is in order. Sorry ISUb, you can blame the bison.

I dont think your assessment is unreasonable. Ive been reading your QB was beat up a little(lot). Any word on him?

CappinHard
October 8th, 2015, 11:10 AM
I dont think your assessment is unreasonable. Ive been reading your QB was beat up a little(lot). Any word on him?

I don't know... our new beat writer this year is lacking in terms of giving updates like this. I have heard rumors that he won't play this week. Honestly, I don't think there will be much of a dropoff between him and his backup. Lujan is serviceable, but nothing to write home about. We don't need a good QB to get Wieneke the ball, you literally just have to throw it in his general direction, and he will go get it. You guys should be pretty familiar with him after his tecmo super bowl zig zag run after the catch for a TD last year.

Sycamore62
October 8th, 2015, 11:17 AM
I don't know... our new beat writer this year is lacking in terms of giving updates like this. I have heard rumors that he won't play this week. Honestly, I don't think there will be much of a dropoff between him and his backup. Lujan is serviceable, but nothing to write home about. We don't need a good QB to get Wieneke the ball, you literally just have to throw it in his general direction, and he will go get it. You guys should be pretty familiar with him after his tecmo super bowl zig zag run after the catch for a TD last year.

yes, that and the 114 yd touchdown run from zenner (again). Was Lujan the backup last year that played when Sumner was out?

CappinHard
October 8th, 2015, 11:20 AM
yes, that and the 114 yd touchdown run from zenner (again). Was Lujan the backup last year that played when Sumner was out?

Yes, that is correct.

centennial
October 8th, 2015, 11:20 AM
In game experience always counts. Even for someone that only has 10 games under his belt. Unless the backup is a highly recruited 3-4 star, I would expect there to be a difference. It's hard to judge Lujan from the NDSU game.

Sycamore62
October 8th, 2015, 11:23 AM
In game experience always counts. Even for someone that only has 10 games under his belt. Unless the backup is a highly recruited 3-4 star, I would expect there to be a difference. It's hard to judge Lujan from the NDSU game.

Kind of like teaching your kid to ride a bike on a freeway.

KUlawJack
October 8th, 2015, 11:31 AM
ISUb - 1865
SDSU - 1888

ISUb by 10

SDSU - 1881

Now you'll have to redo your calculation.

CappinHard
October 8th, 2015, 11:31 AM

It could be me trying to make myself feel better about Lujan possibly being out, but the backup (Douglas) has gotten in a couple games this year during garbage time, and has looked decent. The backup that I wish would play is Taryn Christion (a 2 star recruit), but he is red shirting this year, and unless Lujan's injury is a season ending one, I don't see them pulling his red shirt just for a game or two. He is going to be very exciting to watch in the coming years.

UNIFanSince1983
October 8th, 2015, 11:39 AM
SDSU - 1881

Now you'll have to redo your calculation.

Damn I read Wiki wrong.

ISUb by 7

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Damn I read Wiki wrong.

ISUb by 7

Remember it's a teaching school vs a land grant.

Sycamore62
October 8th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Remember it's a teaching school vs a land grant.

And I think we had all the name changes associated with it

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2015, 11:52 AM
And I think we had all the name changes associated with it

See I thought robs new ranking and predictor system would be easier, but this is getting complex

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2015, 12:06 PM
It could be me trying to make myself feel better about Lujan possibly being out, but the backup (Douglas) has gotten in a couple games this year during garbage time, and has looked decent. The backup that I wish would play is Taryn Christion (a 2 star recruit), but he is red shirting this year, and unless Lujan's injury is a season ending one, I don't see them pulling his red shirt just for a game or two. He is going to be very exciting to watch in the coming years.

Don't burn that kid's redshirt this year....the backup will be just fine this season if Lujan is done.

jacksfan29
October 8th, 2015, 12:27 PM
Don't burn that kid's redshirt this year....the backup will be just fine this season if Lujan is done.

They won't burn it this year. If Lujan can't go expect Douglas to play in his place. If Lujan is hurt, sounds like it would be one or possibly two games he may miss. I expect him to play, he's a tough kid, very tough as witnessed by the beating he took last week; and he stayed in the game.

centennial
October 8th, 2015, 12:37 PM
They won't burn it this year. If Lujan can't go expect Douglas to play in his place. If Lujan is hurt, sounds like it would be one or possibly two games he may miss. I expect him to play, he's a tough kid, very tough as witnessed by the beating he took last week; and he stayed in the game.
I was surprised that SDSU coaches didn't take him out. It was evident in the 3rd that he was beat up and hurting. The game was a real long shot in the 3rd, put the backup in. We did the same with Wentz at Montana, I was not happy with that too.

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2015, 12:42 PM

Agree...I'm assuming it would only be a brief time off as well. The point about the "redshirt burn" would be even if it was a longer term injury to Lujan. I wouldn't spend a year of eligibility on Taryn for this season considering you guys have more than a serviceable backup.

grizband
October 8th, 2015, 12:50 PM
ISUb - 1865
SDSU - 1888

ISUb by 10
Don't you man ISUb by 13?

Sycamore62
October 8th, 2015, 12:51 PM

Im thinking of using a scoring style like this for my golf game

grizband
October 8th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Im thinking of using a scoring style like this for my golf game
Should have been 23...;)

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2015, 12:54 PM

SDSU is a land grant school....get with it. :D

UNIFanSince1983
October 8th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Okay taking into consideration Land Grant vs Teachers College.

It is ISUb by 3.

grizband
October 8th, 2015, 01:03 PM
SDSU is a land grant school....get with it. :D
Don't know how I missed that! Mea culpa

Sycamore62
October 8th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Okay taking into consideration Land Grant vs Teachers College.

It is ISUb by 3.

they way the past 2 seasons have went, if we win, it will be by less than 7 and some crazy crap will happen at the end to seal it for us

underdawg
October 8th, 2015, 01:17 PM
I hope Jacks win-

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
October 8th, 2015, 01:54 PM
After last week without a strong showing by SDSU they are in BIG trouble. Must win for the playoff hunt. That being said SDSU beats them up. 2 score victory.

Sycamore62
October 8th, 2015, 06:44 PM
I'm guessing we will find out which injured players are back for both teams when SDSU takes their first snap Saturday

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2015, 06:54 PM
SDSU comes out with some fire after last week's beat down.

35-24

CappinHard
October 9th, 2015, 09:27 AM
After last week without a strong showing by SDSU they are in BIG trouble. Must win for the playoff hunt. That being said SDSU beats them up. 2 score victory.

Is this a serious post? The only loss we have this year is against the #1 team in the nation. We have an FBS win under our belt, we play ISUr and UNI at home this year, and somehow with 2 losses we will be in 'BIG trouble'? This is a big game, but from here on out they are all big games. Definitely not a 'must win' in terms of getting into the playoffs, maybe in terms of getting a top 8 seed. Anyway, I am thinking SDSU wins by 10.

jacksfan29
October 9th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Is this a serious post? The only loss we have this year is against the #1 team in the nation. We have an FBS win under our belt, we play ISUr and UNI at home this year, and somehow with 2 losses we will be in 'BIG trouble'? This is a big game, but from here on out they are all big games. Definitely not a 'must win' in terms of getting into the playoffs, maybe in terms of getting a top 8 seed. Anyway, I am thinking SDSU wins by 10.

A loss does not knock us out of the playoff discussion, we are not playing MSU or USD. That said, I think this is an important game, mentally for this team. It is time to forget about last weekend and move on.

tomq04
October 9th, 2015, 03:21 PM
The only hope of getting a seed is if Dayton declines an invite imo.

Sycamore62
October 9th, 2015, 03:34 PM
I look at a win for ISUb exactly the same way as a loss by SDSU or the opposite depending on how you look at it. If making the playoffs is the first or main goal, the a win takes the pressure off needing a later season upset. If SDSU were to lose then they would make a later season game a must win to get the seed or bid they wanted.

With a win here, I wouldn't pencil in a playoff bid for ISUb because there would be a lot of road to step on their dick in the next 6 weeks. I also wouldn't rule out SDSU winning out and going 9-2 after a loss tomorrow.

PantherRob82
October 9th, 2015, 03:46 PM
The only hope of getting a seed is if Dayton declines an invite imo.
Dayton has already accepted all 5 seeds.

Sycamore62
October 9th, 2015, 03:50 PM

Which school in Dayton, Belmont High or Dunbar High

PantherRob82
October 9th, 2015, 03:51 PM
Which school in Dayton, Belmont High or Dunbar High

THE University of Dayton Flyers

#NoHatinOnDayton

Sycamore62
October 9th, 2015, 03:54 PM
THE University of Dayton Flyers

#NoHatinOnDayton

#iliterallyhateallofyourteams

BisonTru
October 9th, 2015, 04:02 PM

There's eight seeds, but yes Dayton will accept all of them, split their team 8 ways, and win all of them. They will then scrimmage themselves in Frisco.

Unfortunately they won't get to the top spot in the poll, because by then most pollsters will have bought in to "the age of the school" as the most important factor when ranking teams.

PantherRob82
October 9th, 2015, 04:11 PM
There's eight seeds, but yes Dayton will accept all of them, split their team 8 ways, and win all of them. They will then scrimmage themselves in Frisco.

Unfortunately they won't get to the top spot in the poll, because by then most pollsters will have bought in to "the age of the school" as the most important factor when ranking teams.

Dang it. Stuck in my old ways. Maybe they shared the other 3.

- - - Updated - - -

#iliterallyhateallofyourteams

#ISometimesForgetYoursExists

xlolx

Sycamore62
October 9th, 2015, 04:47 PM
Dang it. Stuck in my old ways. Maybe they shared the other 3.

- - - Updated - - -

#ISometimesForgetYoursExists

xlolx
#illbetyoudidntthistimelastyear

PantherRob82
October 9th, 2015, 05:23 PM
#illbetyoudidntthistimelastyear

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/277901-indiana-state-wins-edging-western-illinois-17-14

#33GameLosingStreak
#OurOffenseisF#@$ed

;)

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
October 9th, 2015, 05:28 PM

So your saying that going 0-2 in MVFC is not a problem. Especially after last weeks debacle of a showing against NDSU. Digging a hole for yourself in conference play is not good. Not to mention later in the year you have games against YSU, UNI, ISUR. Sure MSU and USD are doormats. But WIU is tough. So for a seed and playoffs I'd say this game is very important.

Further more I think if you lose this week you lose the next two as well, are at 3-4 and are in BIG trouble. so yup, totally serious

PantherRob82
October 9th, 2015, 05:34 PM
So your saying that going 0-2 in MVFC is not a problem. Especially after last weeks debacle of a showing against NDSU. Digging a hole for yourself in conference play is not good. Not to mention later in the year you have games against YSU, UNI, ISUR. Sure MSU and USD are doormats. But WIU is tough. So for a seed and playoffs I'd say this game is very important.

Further more I think if you lose this week you lose the next two as well, are at 3-4 and are in BIG trouble. so yup, totally serious

Plus, if you lose tomorrow and then lose the next 6, then you are 3-8.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
October 9th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Rob your math is beyond refute

Thumper 76
October 9th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Plus, if you lose tomorrow and then lose the next 6, then you are 3-8.

Thumper 76
October 9th, 2015, 06:33 PM
This thread is disturbingly on topic

IBleedYellow
October 9th, 2015, 06:36 PM
Pizza?

PantherRob82
October 9th, 2015, 06:45 PM
This thread is disturbingly on topic

Is it Hobo Day?

Sycamore62
October 9th, 2015, 07:05 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/277901-indiana-state-wins-edging-western-illinois-17-14

#33GameLosingStreak
#OurOffenseisF#@$ed

;)

Someday I'd like to tell the whole story starting in about '95 as to what string of events turned our program from heading the right way to the 53 losses in 54 games. Im afraid i would get banned from the board for hurting the feelings of a couple subgroups of people who tend to blow things up when you question any of their member's actions.

Thumper 76
October 9th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Is it Hobo Day?

Nope. Military Appreciation Day. Got some special jerseys for it and everything. Personally I kinda like them. Seems a lot don't though.

PantherRob82
October 9th, 2015, 09:59 PM
Nope. Military Appreciation Day. Got some special jerseys for it and everything. Personally I kinda like them. Seems a lot don't though.

That's a terrible rendering. I'll wait to see them in on the players tomorrow to decide. I like the gray.

Thumper 76
October 9th, 2015, 10:05 PM
That's a terrible rendering. I'll wait to see them in on the players tomorrow to decide. I like the gray.

Yeah the Jackrabbit logo makes it hard to see.

UNIFanSince1983
October 10th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Hobo Day is when UNI comes to town. Going to be a lot of disappointed Hobo's on that day ;)

goyotes
October 10th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Some buzz this morning that SDSU QB Lujan may not play today and the redshirt will be pulled from freshman QB Taryn Christion

Kemo
October 10th, 2015, 12:10 PM
Some buzz this morning that SDSU QB Lujan may not play today and the redshirt will be pulled from freshman QB Taryn Christion

That would be a big deal if true. Taryn is a stud, but I really don't want to see his redshirt pulled unless he's going to be the starter for the rest of the year. Sounds like Lujan will only be out 1-2 weeks, and Douglas is a competent back up, so I'm hoping this is just a rumor.

Thumper 76
October 10th, 2015, 12:16 PM
That would be a big deal if true. Taryn is a stud, but I really don't want to see his redshirt pulled unless he's going to starter for the rest of the year. Sounds like Lujan will only be out 1-2 weeks, and Douglas is a competent back up, so I'm hoping this is just a rumor.

Ditto

Sycamore62
October 10th, 2015, 12:35 PM
Our best DE is a game time decision. Everyone else who wasn't out for the season should be back. Las week we were missing 3/4 DL and our best remaining RB.

I may may have posted that already

Kemo
October 10th, 2015, 05:25 PM
Well, got confirmation from multiple media outlets that true freshman Taryn Christion will make his debut at QB today. Lujan couldn't go due to an ankle injury.

BisonTru
October 10th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Well, got confirmation from multiple media outlets that true freshman Taryn Christion will make his debut at QB today. Lujan couldn't go due to an ankle injury.

Thank you,

The rest of the MVFC

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2015, 05:58 PM
That's crazy for them to pull a redshirt unless they think this guy may be better than Lujan.

Sycamore62
October 10th, 2015, 06:07 PM
Wind direction?

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2015, 06:08 PM
New QB looks good so far. Lujan might be getting nervous. :)

mmiller_34
October 10th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Just got robbed a TD

Twentysix
October 10th, 2015, 06:19 PM
LOL that was a blown call on 3rd.

Kemo
October 10th, 2015, 06:20 PM
MVFC refs are par of the course on the first drive. Missed a obvious facemask and a TD on third down. Of course we don't make it on 4th.

Twentysix
October 10th, 2015, 06:22 PM
TD ISUr, still no video feed.

ISUr 7
YSU 0

Back to the jacks game!

centennial
October 10th, 2015, 06:25 PM
Good catch by the Indiana State receiver.

Schism55
October 10th, 2015, 06:29 PM
Entire empty sections of seats. Guess the 7k estimates from last week weren't far off.

Thumper 76
October 10th, 2015, 06:39 PM
Entire empty sections of seats. Guess the 7k estimates from last week weren't far off.

Harvest in full swing doesn't help much

Kemo
October 10th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Christion looking pretty good except on the 2 throws that required some touch.

Bisonwinagn
October 10th, 2015, 06:49 PM
Harvest in full swing doesn't help much

How is that not done?

Thumper 76
October 10th, 2015, 06:53 PM
How is that not done?

Shoot they aren't even on corn yet, think they been waiting for it to dry out some.

Drblankstare
October 10th, 2015, 07:03 PM
What happened to the Ind St player that was wheeled off? I just turned the game on as he was being taken off.

Thumper 76
October 10th, 2015, 07:18 PM
Not sure, neck/spine injury possibility is all I've seen. For those watchin how has Taryn look? He sounds good on the radio.

centennial
October 10th, 2015, 07:19 PM
South Dakota State using the Wentz like QB draws. They score on a nice throw 14-0.

BisonTru
October 10th, 2015, 07:27 PM
Not sure, neck/spine injury possibility is all I've seen. For those watchin how has Taryn look? He sounds good on the radio.

So far, very good. Very good with his legs, throws are on target. Seems comfortable.

Thumper 76
October 10th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Wow. Awful clock management. WTF

mmiller_34
October 10th, 2015, 07:31 PM
WTf

BisonTru
October 10th, 2015, 07:31 PM
Wow... OC screwed up big time.

Sycamore62
October 10th, 2015, 07:36 PM
Really confident or really dumb

mmiller_34
October 10th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Really confident or really dumb

Really dumb.

Jackal
October 10th, 2015, 07:47 PM
I really hope our freshman QB checked down to the wrong play....or something. No coach in their right mind would call that.......i'm just sure of it.

Thumper 76
October 10th, 2015, 07:52 PM
I really hope our freshman QB checked down to the wrong play....or something. No coach in their right mind would call that.......i'm just sure of it.

Are you?

Sycamore62
October 10th, 2015, 07:58 PM
Our strategy was to wear your QB out to where he gets cramps with so much offense

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2015, 07:59 PM
So you pull a RS just to have someone else play? Nice.

Jackal
October 10th, 2015, 08:04 PM
Are you?
lol no

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 08:05 PM
YSU vs. Isur is on now

UNI Pike
October 10th, 2015, 08:09 PM
So you pull a RS just to have someone else play? Nice.

I think the FR QB is cramping up in one leg. Not especially impressed with either team in watching this for about 2 Q.

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2015, 08:13 PM
No one knows what's going on here apparently...

- - - Updated - - -

That dude got JACKED.

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2015, 08:15 PM
What just happened? No explanation?

Sycamore62
October 10th, 2015, 08:19 PM
What just happened? No explanation?

Damn mic isn't working

Sycamore62
October 10th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Bull**** late hit call. We are all even

MR. CHICKEN
October 10th, 2015, 09:07 PM
PERSONAL FOULS....ON DUH TREES.....STYMIED YER CAUSE.......FIRE BRAWK!

mmiller_34
October 10th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Just got back from the game. I really like the look of SDSU's offense with Christion. I feel bad for Lujan, but I don't see how SDSU keeps Christion out when Lujan gets healthy. He can do everything that Lujan can do plus adding a whole new dimension to the running game. We'll see what happens next week at YSU.

Thumper 76
October 11th, 2015, 05:47 PM
Just got back from the game. I really like the look of SDSU's offense with Christion. I feel bad for Lujan, but I don't see how SDSU keeps Christion out when Lujan gets healthy. He can do everything that Lujan can do plus adding a whole new dimension to the running game. We'll see what happens next week at YSU.

That will be the real test there. Road game at a quality opponent.

BisonFan02
October 11th, 2015, 06:01 PM

You don't burn Christion's redshirt if you don't make him the starter...its his job now as I agree with your assessment...bad deal for Lujan, but he is relegated to #2 even if healthy. Otherwise, you waste a year of eligibility for the guy of the future.

Bisonwinagn
October 11th, 2015, 06:42 PM
You don't burn Christion's redshirt if you don't make him the starter...its his job now as I agree with your assessment...bad deal for Lujan, but he is relegated to #2 even if healthy. Otherwise, you waste a year of eligibility for the guy of the future.

I'm not sure that's the case. I don't think any of the redshirts NDSU pulled this year are starters. However they are the best backups and will see playing time.

Kemo
October 11th, 2015, 06:59 PM

I think yesterday's game may have turned us into UNI, as in rotating QBs periodically. The difference being that it'll be experience vs. inexperience rather than runner vs. passer (as Taryn can throw significantly better than Bailey).

I hope I'm wrong.

Bisonator
October 11th, 2015, 07:13 PM
I'm not sure that's the case. I don't think any of the redshirts NDSU pulled this year are starters. However they are the best backups and will see playing time.

Difference being NDSU pulled those RS's during week 1-2. The season's almost half over now and you burn a RS you just lost that player a half year of playing time.

BisonFan02
October 11th, 2015, 07:14 PM

QB is a different animal...you answered your own case with the "will see playing time" portion of your post. Most teams don't rotate QBs.... :D

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2015, 07:15 PM

Seems like it.

- - - Updated - - -

QB is a different animal...you answered your own case with the "will see playing time" portion of your post. Most teams don't rotate QBs.... :D

Unless you are UNI, who rotates QBs every other year or so.

BisonFan02
October 11th, 2015, 07:16 PM
Seems like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you are UNI, who rotates QBs every other month/week or so.

FIFY :D

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2015, 07:19 PM
FIFY :D

I meant every few years or so we deal with this BS.

I don't recall this crap when SK was a fr/so. Before him we had multiple pairs like this.