PDA

View Full Version : SLC Pick'em Week 6

BEAR
October 5th, 2015, 11:29 PM
This is an elimination week. The bottom player/players will be eliminated next week. There are 6 games left.

Current standings as of 10-3-15: Week 6

UCABEAR-9
SAMMY94- 6
CATATONIC- 6
REVSFA- 5
DAYTRIPPER- 3
SKYHAWK- 3
EIU1999- 3
MCNEESE75- 3
……………….
ROOMS- 2

With 2 right picks all year, our next contestant to get the boot is ROOMS. Sorry, no "room" for non-psychics in this contest! J/K xlolx

This week’s games:

UCA at HBU
Nicholls at SFA
UIW at SHSU
ACU at Lamar
SLU at McNeese

ALL picks must be in by midnight Friday October 9th. Any questions feel free to PM me. If you would like to donate an SLC memorabilia to the prize stash feel free to PM me.

Don't forget to pick the WINNER AND THE POINT SPREAD. Example: SAM by 45 or SAM +45. Any questions about previous weeks winners picks please PM me. Remember, I'm the only smuck working this contest...it's not easy.

TheRevSFA
October 6th, 2015, 01:00 AM
UCA +24
SFA +42
sam +10
lamar +10
mcneese +10

Sammy94
October 6th, 2015, 08:09 AM
UCA +31
SFA +24
sam +17
lamar +14
mcneese +14

McNeese75
October 6th, 2015, 08:42 AM
UCA at HBU - 36
Nicholls at SFA -28
UIW at SHSU -27
ACU at Lamar -14
SLU at McNeese -6

eiu1999
October 6th, 2015, 08:50 AM
UCA at HBU +40
Nicholls at SFA +10
UIW at SHSU +21
ACU at Lamar +3
SLU at McNeese +14

Daytripper
October 6th, 2015, 08:58 AM
UCA at HBU (UCA by 42)
Nicholls at SFA (SFA by 45)
UIW at SHSU (SHSU by 14)
ACU at Lamar (Lamar by 7)
SLU at McNeese (McNeese by 17)

BEAR
October 6th, 2015, 08:59 AM
UCA at HBU +49
Nicholls at SFA +28
UIW at SHSU +28
ACU at Lamar 21
SLU at McNeese ​+7

We only need 2 more contestants to pick. Please try to avoid posting anything until they do so I can easily see everyone's picks on one page! Thank you!

Catatonic and Skyhawk please make your picks. Skyhawk hasn't picked in two weeks so I'm kinda wondering.

Catatonic
October 6th, 2015, 09:49 AM
UCA at HBU UCA by 31
Nicholls at SFA SFA by 34
UIW at SHSU SHSU by 21
ACU at Lamar ACU by 7
SLU at McNeese McNeese by 3

BEAR
October 6th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Close enough...time for obligatory SFA oversized countdown picture....xlolx

Looks like the contestants are all agreeing on the games but the Lamar v. ACU game. xeyebrowx

FormerPokeCenter
October 6th, 2015, 10:08 AM
LOL!

BEAR
October 6th, 2015, 10:21 AM
LOL!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21416&stc=1

FormerPokeCenter
October 6th, 2015, 10:47 AM
I realize all us Cowboy posters look alike, but Doc's the Sandbagger....I'm merely the realist!

McNeese72
October 6th, 2015, 11:14 AM
I realize all us Cowboy posters look alike, but Doc's the Sandbagger....I'm merely the realist!

Hey, I'm a realist, too. I don't know what you guys are basing your picks on. We haven't played "anybody good" yet. Just go read Zem's Gems, https://zemsgems.wordpress.com/. Our smaller, slower players don't have a chance against the Lions.

Doc

BEAR
October 6th, 2015, 12:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CQehBlYW8AAp2bt.mp4

lionsrking2
October 6th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Hey, I'm a realist, too. I don't know what you guys are basing your picks on. We haven't played "anybody good" yet. Just go read Zem's Gems, https://zemsgems.wordpress.com/. Our smaller, slower players don't have a chance against the Lions.

Doc

We can't beat the Cowboys because we don't have Bennett anymore and we can't throw. And when we do throw, we can't catch. The one man show has come and gone. Good run while it lasted. xbawlingx

McNeese72
October 6th, 2015, 01:36 PM
We can't beat the Cowboys because we don't have Bennett anymore and we can't throw. And when we do throw, we can't catch. The one man show has come and gone. Good run while it lasted. xbawlingx

Are you kidding? With all depth and all the former multi-starred recruits you guys have since collected, you have third stringers that would be starting at McNeese. It'll be a long night at Cowboy Stadium for the Cowboys.

Doc

lionsrking2
October 6th, 2015, 01:49 PM
Are you kidding? With all depth and all the former multi-starred recruits you guys have since collected, you have third stringers that would be starting at McNeese. It'll be a long night at Cowboy Stadium for the Cowboys.

Doc

Yeah but our renegades and rejects are no match for your wholesome kids who drink milk and make straight As.

McNeese72
October 6th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Yeah but our renegades and rejects are no match for your wholesome kids who drink milk and make straight As.

I think you got that completely backwards. ;)

Doc

lionsrking2
October 6th, 2015, 02:06 PM
I think you got that completely backwards. ;)

Doc

Not from what I've been reading. Can't believe I don't have bars on my windows. xdrunkyx

McNeese72
October 6th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Not from what I've been reading. Can't believe I don't have bars on my windows. xdrunkyx

Whoever is saying our young guys are going to beat you guys with all the talent and the depth you have on the team (I've seen that repeated, especially the depth part, many times) is smoking some very good *****.

Doc

Daytripper
October 6th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Get a room you two.

BEAR
October 6th, 2015, 03:45 PM

BEAR
October 6th, 2015, 04:01 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/2276400.jpg.

Rooms
October 6th, 2015, 04:22 PM
UCA
SFA
SHSU
Lamar
SLU

And thats how is going to go down.

BEAR
October 6th, 2015, 04:24 PM
All's quiet on the SLC front...where are the posters?

BEAR
October 7th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Anyone have any thoughts about your team's chances this weekend?

Sammy94
October 7th, 2015, 12:05 PM
where are the posters?

Here is one.
https://chrisicisms.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/rocky-iii-poster.jpg

Anyone have any thoughts about your team's chances this weekend?

I predict pain!

BEAR
October 7th, 2015, 12:20 PM
UCA at HBU- Bears in a route.
Nicholls at SFA. Lumberjacks in a route.
UIW at SHSU. Bearkats in a route.
ACU at Lamar. Cardinals win by 2 TDs late.
SLU at McNeese. Tossup game. Winner stays undefeated in SLC.

Overall the SLC doesn't look that strong. Autobid winner might not get past the second round. IMO.

McNeese75
October 7th, 2015, 12:37 PM
If McNeese plays really well and error free then they have a chance. If they get made one-dimensional and the running game is taken away (like it has been the last couple years) then it could get ugly if the defense can't contain the lion running game. :(

McNeese72
October 7th, 2015, 12:43 PM
We have to play perfect and the Lions have to make a lot of mistakes for us to have a chance.

Doc

BEAR
October 7th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Ok everyone...make sure your dawg is up.... xsalutexxwhistlex

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQlFSiJVAAImU8e.jpg

Daytripper
October 7th, 2015, 03:24 PM
UCA at HBU- Bears in a route.
Nicholls at SFA. Lumberjacks in a route.
UIW at SHSU. Bearkats in a route.
ACU at Lamar. Cardinals win by 2 TDs late.
SLU at McNeese. Tossup game. Winner stays undefeated in SLC.

Overall the SLC doesn't look that strong. Autobid winner might not get past the second round. IMO.

I tend to agree but will reserve judgment until later in the season. You just never know who figures it out and gets hot late....see SHSU last year. I don't think we have it in us this year, but I think there might be an SLC team that could surprise. I just don't know which one it is yet.

BEAR
October 7th, 2015, 03:53 PM
[/B][/I]

I tend to agree but will reserve judgment until later in the season. You just never know who figures it out and gets hot late....see SHSU last year. I don't think we have it in us this year, but I think there might be an SLC team that could surprise. I just don't know which one it is yet.

True. I can only go off of what the teams have done so far this year. UCA a.p.p.e.a.r.s. to be heating up but they have played teams with not so good records in conference. McNeese appears to be rolling but its their turn to face the gauntlet with games against SLU and UCA back to back. I'm just not sure on Sammy and Lamar. Hope all four teams heat up and 3 make the post season. But it is too early to tell.

Catatonic
October 8th, 2015, 07:19 AM
True. I can only go off of what the teams have done so far this year. UCA a.p.p.e.a.r.s. to be heating up but they have played teams with not so good records in conference. McNeese appears to be rolling but its their turn to face the gauntlet with games against SLU and UCA back to back. I'm just not sure on Sammy and Lamar. Hope all four teams heat up and 3 make the post season. But it is too early to tell.

Looks to me like here is the current state of the SLC

Top tier
McNeese. Unbeaten. Untied. Untested.
SLU. Can they generate enough offense to make their defense proud?
Sam Houston. Enigma.

Second tier
Lamar. Dangerous and could easily move up
UCA. Stumbled badly out of the starting gate. Movin on up.

Third Tier
ACU. Jeckyll and Hyde. On a good day, capable of beating anyone in the SlC.
SFA. Might be the best winless team in the FCS.
UIW. Definitely getting stronger.

Fourth tier
HBU. Slowly coming along.
Northwestern State. Does anyone have a QB they can loan the Demons?
Nicholls. New coach. Give it time.

Daytripper
October 8th, 2015, 07:23 AM
Looks to me like here is the current state of the SLC

Top tier
McNeese
SLU
Sam Houston

Second tier
Lamar. Dangerous and could easily move up
UCA. Stumbled badly out of the starting gate. Movin on up.

Third Tier
ACU. Jeckyll and Hyde. On a good day, capable of beating anyone in the SlC.
SFA. Might be the best winless team in the FCS.

Fourth tier
HBU. Slowly coming along.
Northwestern State. Does anyone have a QB they can loan the Demons?

I would agree with this.

msupokes1
October 8th, 2015, 07:43 AM
I am going to go out on a limit and say if McNeese score more points than SLU then we will win. I am not so sure we will be able to move the ball consistently against the SLU defense. Should be a low scoring game but if it gets out of hand I don't see it being in McNeese's favor. We cannot get behind early. I don't think we have an offense that can score quick points.

BEAR
October 8th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Here's my take:

Top tier
McNeese. Unbeaten. Untied. Untested. Unproven.
SLU. Can they generate enough offense to make their defense proud? Most potential of all teams.
UCA. First two games against top 25 teams. Next three against lower level FCS. Big upside on offense and defense is a run killer.

Second tier
Lamar. Dangerous and could easily move up. Defense having issues. Offense beast mode.
Sam Houston. Enigma. Should be undefeated in conference.

Third Tier
ACU. Jeckyll and Hyde. On a good day, capable of beating anyone in the SLC. Experiencing sophomore blues.

Fourth tier
SFA. Might be the best winless team in the FCS. NO Gus Jo. and they fell apart.
HBU. Slowly coming along. Same as it was but scoring more points against D2 teams.
Northwestern State. Does anyone have a QB they can loan the Demons? No defense either.

centexguy
October 8th, 2015, 09:38 AM
I'll take a stab at it:

Top Tier
McNeese: Great defense but untested.
SLU: Arguably has the easiest road to the conference title after beating Lamar and don't play SHSU this year.

Middle Tier
UCA: Appears to be improving each game, but still has to play McNeese, SLU, SHSU and Lamar.
SHSU: Great offense, defense questionable.
Lamar: Beat SHSU by 3, lost to SLU by 3. Could be 2-0 or 0-2 in conference. Has ACU, UCA, and McNeese at home.

Third Tier
ACU & UIW: Spoiler teams that could knock someone out of the running for conference title.

Fourth Tier
SFA: What happened to them? I'm glad Lamar doesn't have to play them.
Northwestern State: Another "what happened to them" team. They have to beat someone, right?
HBU and Nicholls: It'd be nice for them to at least show a little improvement from year to year.

TheRevSFA
October 8th, 2015, 10:49 AM
I'll take a stab at it:

Top Tier
SLU: Arguably has the easiest road to the conference title after beating Lamar and don't play SHSU this year.

Middle Tier
UCA: Appears to be improving each game, but still has to play McNeese, SLU, SHSU and Lamar.
Lamar: Beat SHSU by 3, lost to SLU by 3. Could be 2-0 or 0-2 in conference. Has ACU, UCA, and McNeese at home.

Third Tier
ACU & UIW: Spoiler teams that could knock someone out of the running for conference title.

Fourth Tier
Northwestern State: Another "what happened to them" team. They have to beat someone, right?
HBU and Nicholls: It'd be nice for them to at least show a little improvement from year to year.

Besides TCU please name a blowout loss we have had that has been a bad loss

we out performed Sam and lost due to special teams. I wouldn't put us as fourth tier.

McNeese75
October 8th, 2015, 11:17 AM

we out performed Sam and lost due to special teams. I wouldn't put us as fourth tier.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21424&stc=1

xnodx

centexguy
October 8th, 2015, 11:19 AM

Fair enough.

BEAR
October 8th, 2015, 11:26 AM

0-5 is the only reason I have SFA there. No matter how close the games have been that 0 for 5 sticks out like it does for the other 0 for teams.
Conference only SFA is last in punting, last in field goals, next to last in PAT, last in punt return average, middle of the pack in all passing categories, good in rushing YPG, middle of pack in rushing defense, toward the bottom in scoring and scoring defense.

That totals a team that is struggling. You will get a win this weekend and that will bump you up to 3rd tier.

BEAR
October 8th, 2015, 11:30 AM
I went to the UCA practice yesterday and talked to a few of the players about the conference standings. Only ONE of them knew SFA was 0-5 and none of them knew how the conference was shaking up. They seemed very focused on themselves and how they and the team play. Their focus was on HBU. I don't see any of them overlooking anyone after the ACU game last year. Much different than the team last year.

katstrapper
October 8th, 2015, 11:44 AM
I'll take a stab at it:

Top Tier

Middle Tier

Third Tier

Fourth Tier

So what you are saying is that Sam Houston is a middle tier conference team? What is your reasoning for that?

Kats are a top tier conference team that is UNDERACHIEVING.

And Rev,

In what way did SFA outperform SHSU?
Total yards were pretty much even. Kats 448 SFA 461

TheRevSFA
October 8th, 2015, 12:16 PM
So what you are saying is that Sam Houston is a middle tier conference team? What is your reasoning for that?

Kats are a top tier conference team that is UNDERACHIEVING.

And Rev,

In what way did SFA outperform SHSU?
Total yards were pretty much even. Kats 448 SFA 461

SFA's defense also held a top FCS offense to 20 offensive points.

The special teams killed us

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21424&stc=1

xnodx

apologies. I don't have the sandbagging powers that you have

McNeese75
October 8th, 2015, 12:17 PM
You know I'm just messin with ya Rev.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

centexguy
October 8th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Nobody considers Lamar a top tier team and SHSU lost to them at home, then they played winless SFA and struggled somewhat to beat them. If they are underachieving then in my book they are not top tier until they start showing it. Similar thing with SFA, they are winless on the year so until they actually win a game it's hard to put them in the middle tier.

lionsrking2
October 8th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Nobody considers Lamar a top tier team and SHSU lost to them at home, then they played winless SFA and struggled somewhat to beat them. If they are underachieving then in my book they are not top tier until they start showing it. Similar thing with SFA, they are winless on the year so until they actually win a game it's hard to put them in the middle tier.

I think Lamar is very good. Nothing they have done to this point has surprised me. Good players and well coached.

SFA 93
October 8th, 2015, 06:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQvCDh1UsAAWbtX.jpg

BEAR
October 9th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Alright seers of upcoming games...make sure you have your final picks/ adjustments made before midnight tonight! Everyone picked on page 1 of this thread so just go back to your original pick post and adjust the scores you want to change..please don't repost another set of scores...xthumbsupx

BEAR
October 10th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Alright SLC fans....it's game day!

No more picking!

Lets see see that oversized SFA game day poster! xthumbsupx

BEAR
October 10th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Here you go! xthumbsupx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21439&stc=1

Nickels
October 10th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Here you go! xthumbsupx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21439&stc=1
xlolx Dumbass Lumberjacks don't even know who they're playing today. That's ****in hilarious.

Nickels
October 10th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Please tell me you photoshopped that poster Bear? If not, I'm not surprised.

BEAR
October 10th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Oh my..... I didn't photoshop that! xlolx It's funny that I didn't even notice that!