PDA

View Full Version : WKU Record next year????

Chi Panther
December 4th, 2006, 08:48 PM
NOT SMACK!!!

What is their schedule?......and what will their record be??????:confused:

Mountain Panther
December 4th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Prolly do OK, considering these records this year.....(IF WKU goes to the Sun Belt)

Sun Belt Standings
TEAM CONF. W-L OVERALL W-L
Middle Tennessee State 6-1 7-5
Troy 6-1 7-5
Arkansas State 4-3 6-6
Florida Atlantic 4-3 5-7
Louisiana-Lafayette 3-4 6-6
Louisiana-Monroe 3-4 4-8
North Texas 2-5 3-9
Florida International 0-7 0-12

appfan2008
December 4th, 2006, 09:34 PM
They nor anyone should make that jump. It is stupid, why pass up the oppotunity to win a NC for a low life bowl? It doesnt make since to me.

FlyYtown
December 4th, 2006, 09:58 PM
4-8 Record.
I bet they will face 1 or 2 CS Schools, such as EKU, and win and beat the lower tier of the Sun Belt..... but if they play like they did vs. YSU in 05 or 06.... they are going to have a TOUGH Time ahead.

SirApp
December 4th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Anyone know the OOC schedule ?

Cocky
December 4th, 2006, 10:12 PM
They would be competitive with Troy this year so I see no difference next year.

CrushMI
December 4th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Schedule so far....(unless some of these games change)

@Florida (Sept 1)
EKU
@Chattanooga
Morehead
Troy
FIU or FAU
@MTSU
@UNT
@Ball State

+3 other games

The hope is for 6 1A games and 6 1AA games

SirApp
December 4th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Schedule so far....(unless some of these games change)

@Florida (Sept 1)
EKU
@Chattanooga
Morehead
Troy
FIU or FAU
@MTSU
@UNT
@Ball State

+3 other games

The hope is for 6 1A games and 6 1AA games

I see them winning 4 or 5 of those games.

blukeys
December 4th, 2006, 10:26 PM
:rolleyes: My vote is WHO CARES??????????

Best of luck to the Toppers if they go BCS. Let's hope you are not the Buffalo or Temple of the Mid-West. Yes Marshall is making tons of money. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: As is Troy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think it's great that you sacrificed an excellent football program to the basketball gods. In the end you will get the respect of UK, LU, and UM. That is all you really wanted. And when all of these schools beat you by 30+ in football, you will still have their respect even though you were crushed. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Killtoppers90
December 5th, 2006, 12:45 PM
:rolleyes: My vote is WHO CARES??????????

Best of luck to the Toppers if they go BCS. Let's hope you are not the Buffalo or Temple of the Mid-West. Yes Marshall is making tons of money. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: As is Troy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think it's great that you sacrificed an excellent football program to the basketball gods. In the end you will get the respect of UK, LU, and UM. That is all you really wanted. And when all of these schools beat you by 30+ in football, you will still have their respect even though you were crushed. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I care for one! I hear that UAB might be on 2007 schedule as well but nothing is finalized as of yet. There is no evidence that we sacrificed anything to the basketball gods. No one said that it will be pretty or easy but I think the exposure/competiton will be worth it.

BillLuc1982
December 5th, 2006, 12:47 PM
They nor anyone should make that jump. It is stupid, why pass up the oppotunity to win a NC for a low life bowl? It doesnt make since to me.

Former CS school South Florida is in a BCS conference. If they ever go undefeated, they're in the NC.

Peems
December 5th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Former CS school South Florida is in a BCS conference. If they ever go undefeated, they're in the NC.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

JDC325
December 5th, 2006, 05:20 PM

I think they would need atleast one or two non conference quality wins as well but very true. Same goes for UCONN. I think it will be a very long time for WK if ever to be able to say that though.

aust42
December 5th, 2006, 06:45 PM
I care for one! I hear that UAB might be on 2007 schedule as well but nothing is finalized as of yet. There is no evidence that we sacrificed anything to the basketball gods. No one said that it will be pretty or easy but I think the exposure/competiton will be worth it.

Exposure/comepetition? In reality the Sunbelt is no better than the top tier 1AA Conferences. The Sunbelt typically ranks behind two or three 1AA conferences each year in the Saragin ratings. However this year their only behind one 1AA conference. I'd be embarrassed as a Sunbelt member. The Sunbelt is exclusively ex 1AA schools that weren't even that successful at the 1AA level when they played. Only two out of eight schools have winning records this year. The Sunbelt Champion plays the THIRD place team out of Conference USA in some crap bowl. Talk about no respect. The Sunbelt champ is not even worthy of playing another conference champion.

Sorry to berate your new conference, but I'm sorry to see a good 1AA program go to waste. Good luck.

JDC325
December 6th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Exposure/comepetition? In reality the Sunbelt is no better than the top tier 1AA Conferences. The Sunbelt typically ranks behind two or three 1AA conferences each year in the Saragin ratings. However this year their only behind one 1AA conference. I'd be embarrassed as a Sunbelt member. The Sunbelt is exclusively ex 1AA schools that weren't even that successful at the 1AA level when they played. Only two out of eight schools have winning records this year. The Sunbelt Champion plays the THIRD place team out of Conference USA in some crap bowl. Talk about no respect. The Sunbelt champ is not even worthy of playing another conference champion.

Sorry to berate your new conference, but I'm sorry to see a good 1AA program go to waste. Good luck.

Go to waste? How is it a waste when two teams are going to bowls and the average attendance of SunBelt teams is miles ahead of 90% of all 1-aa teams and who says they have to regulated to the SunBelt forever if it does not improve? I guess if moving to a division if your can just make it to AVERAGE means close to 40K in the stands is a waste then so be it. Now compare that to the highest CS teams attendance. Nobobdy will probably remember if Troy or MTSU wins or loses those bowl games but in reality less would be able to tell who won the 1-aa NC last year. The longest journey starts with the first step and if that first step happens to land you in the SunBelt well just scrape the poo off your shoe and keep moving ahead. I am not going to berate any team for trying to move up into a higher level of competition overall and wish them nothing but sucess like Boise, and USF.

Let the pounding begin...xlolx

Killtoppers90
December 6th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Go to waste? How is it a waste when two teams are going to bowls and the average attendance of SunBelt teams is miles ahead of 90% of all 1-aa teams and who says they have to regulated to the SunBelt forever if it does not improve? I guess if moving to a division if your can just make it to AVERAGE means close to 40K in the stands is a waste then so be it. Now compare that to the highest CS teams attendance. Nobobdy will probably remember if Troy or MTSU wins or loses those bowl games but in reality less would be able to tell who won the 1-aa NC last year. The longest journey starts with the first step and if that first step happens to land you in the SunBelt well just scrape the poo off your shoe and keep moving ahead. I am not going to berate any team for trying to move up into a higher level of competition overall and wish them nothing but sucess like Boise, and USF.

Thank you JDC. I could not have said it any better myself and frankly, I am tired of hearing all the crap from these guys. Most of you know that if you had the cahnce to jump UP to 1-A, you'd do it.

JDC325
December 6th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Thank you JDC. I could not have said it any better myself and frankly, I am tired of hearing all the crap from these guys. Most of you know that if you had the cahnce to jump UP to 1-A, you'd do it.

No problem. I dont know if your guys specific situation or if your going to go the way of FIU or Boise but I commend your leadership in taking a risk that has huge payoff at the end of the road if you can get there. All I know is I wish you luck and the SunBelt got a little better, bigger and stronger for next year and now has two former 1-aa champs in it.

aust42
December 6th, 2006, 11:31 AM

Attendance mile ahead of 90% of 1-aa teams? 1st of all, I'm comparing the Sunbelt to top tier 1-AA conferences. A-10, Gateway, Southern, Great West for example. Did you say "moving to a division means close to 40k in the stands"? Let's take a look at the 2005 avg home attendance figures for the Sunbelt. Troy leads with 19,425. Wow. Midd TN State is last at 14526, all the others filter in between. As you noted let's compare that to the highest CS teams. Montana, Delware avg over 20k, and there are too many CS 1AA teams to list here that avg the same as the Sunbelt teams. As I noted before the Saragin ratings typically rate the Sunbelt below two or three 1AA conferences every year. The Sunbelt is a joke and certainly is no stepping stone to bigger and better conferences. It's a conference that only get's it's 7-5 Champion in a crap bowl that plays a THIRD place team out of Conf USA. They'll be lucky to have a higher attendance than the 1AA Championship game.

Hey but at least you'll have the 1A label which I guess will impress a lot of people who know nothing about football. For those that understand, it's actually a step down in competition and a complete waste. Good luck.

Skyhawk Nation 24
December 6th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Attendance mile ahead of 90% of 1-aa teams? 1st of all, I'm comparing the Sunbelt to top tier 1-AA conferences. A-10, Gateway, Southern, Great West for example. Did you say "moving to a division means close to 40k in the stands"? Let's take a look at the 2005 avg home attendance figures for the Sunbelt. Troy leads with 19,425. Wow. Midd TN State is last at 14526, all the others filter in between. As you noted let's compare that to the highest CS teams. Montana, Delware avg over 20k, and there are too many CS 1AA teams to list here that avg the same as the Sunbelt teams. As I noted before the Saragin ratings typically rate the Sunbelt below two or three 1AA conferences every year. The Sunbelt is a joke and certainly is no stepping stone to bigger and better conferences. It's a conference that only get's it's 7-5 Champion in a crap bowl that plays a THIRD place team out of Conf USA. They'll be lucky to have a higher attendance than the 1AA Championship game.

Hey but at least you'll have the 1A label which I guess will impress a lot of people who know nothing about football. For those that understand, it's actually a step down in competition and a complete waste. Good luck.

Lets see MTSU has to contend with getting people in the stands with the likes of Vanderbilt and Tennessee. See on a Saturday in TN most football fans will be found in Nashville or Knoxville. Same goes with Troy in Alabama, Arkansas St. in Arkansas. I am pretty sure Montana and Delaware doesn't have to deal with that competition. See in the South SEC football is king and the only time someone will go to a Sunbelt game is if there team isn't within driving distance that weekend. The Sunbelt is just located in a bad area. But you know what MTSU gets for their 7-5 season, a bowl bid and a $725,000 payout for playing in the game. MTSU still gets big pay outs for going to play the likes of Oklahoma and Alabama. Last time I checked you go 7-5 in I-AA you are sitting at home with no money. So from an economic standpoint the move is worth it.

JDC325
December 6th, 2006, 02:05 PM

I said AVERAGE FOR A DIVISION NOT A CONFERENCE. Oh and trust me there are not to many CS teams that compare to SunBelt attendance as a matter of fact lets compare the SunBelt which is relatively young and is comprised mainly of RECENT 1-aa Transfers of which TWO will have had won the 1-aa Championship.

SunBelt teams 2006 AVG ATT
Troy 20810
MTSU 19347
Ark St 17882
North TX 15650
FIU 15110
LA Lafayette 14516
LA Monroe 14036
FAU 9812

Avg. 15895

1-AA/CS that averaged over 15895 only 7
7 out of over 100+ Teams IN ALL OF 1-AA/CS really is not to many to mention now is it. Two of which are the FLAGSHIP Universities of their state and one is the DEFENDING national champion.

FAU would be 36 in 1-AA/CS

While ...
Montana at 22494 would only be 84th in all of 1-A/BCS

So it would take the top 8 teams in ALL of 1-aa to match the attendance for SunBelt and it sad that a NC game will probably have less attendance than their "crap" bowl game. The only way it usually beats the "crap" bowl games is if a SoCon team is in it and Chatt has never been sold out for any 1-aa game.

Bottom line moving to 1-A in any conference it is a step up.

MEDIAN attendance for 1-aa/PCS 5100+/-
MEDIAN attendance for 1-A/BCS 38,500 +/-

Unless your in the Great West conference your the only CS conference that can say it is a step down in competition according to Saragin. So WK is not in the Great West so by your standards it is a step up in competition then.xlolx

Just because you prefer PCS over the BCS does not mean you have to take unfounded cheap shots at schools who want to move or the SunBelt who appears to be getting more solid every year. It is a young conference with mainly young 1-A/BCS teams. It has to do more with the individual school and their specific situation whether or not it is a good move to go to 1-A/BS regardless of what conference they join. Every conference has its duds but it is the fans, alumni, boosters and that schools SPECIFIC leadership that will determine their LONG term fate not the teams in their conference.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Go to waste? How is it a waste when two teams are going to bowls and the average attendance of SunBelt teams is miles ahead of 90% of all 1-aa teams...

I'm not sure if any of these conversations are still in the AGS archives, but please take a look about how I-As have consistently done major-league fudging to get above the 15,000 attendance requirement. Central Michigan had to explain an official report as to how the band members, media, and popcorn vendors were put on the official attendance lists. Arkansas State played "away" games that counted as "home" games. Moral of the story: those attendance figures are a leftover Arthur Andersen wet dream.

...and who says they have to regulated to the SunBelt forever if it does not improve?

So please clarify - are you saying it's a waste, or not a waste? :confused:

Nobobdy will probably remember if Troy or MTSU wins or loses those bowl games but in reality less would be able to tell who won the 1-aa NC last year.

In reality I can tell you a lot more about Appalachian State than Troy or MTSU. If you're a fan of USC, you can't say anything about all three schools in the postseason. So where's your great "exposure"?

I am not going to berate any team for trying to move up into a higher level of competition overall and wish them nothing but sucess like Boise, and USF.

Everyone points to Boise as a success story, but what's all this love for USF, a school with exactly one bowl appearance, in a league where everyone and their grandmother are saying shouldn't even be in the BCS at all? Are USF solvent and thriving in the BS, unlike other former I-AA teams like UConn, Marshall, MTSU, Troy, Arkansas State, Buffalo.......

ucdtim17
December 6th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Comparing attendance is apples to oranges - MTSU gets to have a "home" game against Louisville in the NFL stadium count for them. I-AA teams simply don't get those games because they are I-AA. It would make more sense to count just games in home stadiums, but then again, if the NCAA accepts it, then it's the standard

putter
December 6th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Lets see MTSU has to contend with getting people in the stands with the likes of Vanderbilt and Tennessee. See on a Saturday in TN most football fans will be found in Nashville or Knoxville. Same goes with Troy in Alabama, Arkansas St. in Arkansas. I am pretty sure Montana and Delaware doesn't have to deal with that competition. See in the South SEC football is king and the only time someone will go to a Sunbelt game is if there team isn't within driving distance that weekend. The Sunbelt is just located in a bad area. But you know what MTSU gets for their 7-5 season, a bowl bid and a $725,000 payout for playing in the game. MTSU still gets big pay outs for going to play the likes of Oklahoma and Alabama. Last time I checked you go 7-5 in I-AA you are sitting at home with no money. So from an economic standpoint the move is worth it.

Too bad that doesn't go in your pocket. Each school has to buy x # of tickets and then pay their own costs to go to the bowl. Is Bowl money like the NCAA's where you have to split the money in your conference?

I don't begrudge WKU for moving up but you have to admit that you need to have aspirations higher than the SunBelt to actually make it work as there are only a handful of I-A schools really making money at that level.

JDC325
December 6th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Comparing attendance is apples to oranges - MTSU gets to have a "home" game against Louisville in the NFL stadium count for them. I-AA teams simply don't get those games because they are I-AA. It would make more sense to count just games in home stadiums, but then again, if the NCAA accepts it, then it's the standard

Not so fast that game is NOT counted in the numbers I quoted. Scroll to the bottom and you will notice a seperate listing for neutral sites like the UGA FLA game with the City it was played in to the immediate right.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2006/Internet/attendance/IA_AVGATTENDANCE.pdf

Skyhawk Nation 24
December 6th, 2006, 03:52 PM
In reality I can tell you a lot more about Appalachian State than Troy or MTSU. If you're a fan of USC, you can't say anything about all three schools in the postseason. So where's your great "exposure"?

Everyone points to Boise as a success story, but what's all this love for USF, a school with exactly one bowl appearance, in a league where everyone and their grandmother are saying shouldn't even be in the BCS at all? Are USF solvent and thriving in the BS, unlike other former I-AA teams like UConn, Marshall, MTSU, Troy, Arkansas State, Buffalo.......

True football fans know about all levels of football. It is not my fault you just bask yourself in I-AA football and do not get outside that realm. Most fans I know of college football follow all the conferences and can tell you a little about each. You get more exposure for your athletes. You are more likely to get drafted if you are from a Div. I-A conference. Nowadays if you are good enough they will find you but it is easier if you have more exposure. The only time you hear about the I-AA teams is late November and early December when the playoffs come around.

USF is turning into a great program. They upset a great Louisville team in 2005 and West Virginia in 2006. They are moving in the right direction, they are headed to their 2nd bowl game in 2 years and their record continues to improve. Maybe if you would get out of you hole of I-AA football you may know about the success USF is having.

Like was previously stated, any school would jump at the opportunity to go Division I (the real division I football). It provides for more exposure, more money, and provides athletes a better opportunity to succeed on the field.

JDC325
December 6th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Too bad that doesn't go in your pocket. Each school has to buy x # of tickets and then pay their own costs to go to the bowl. Is Bowl money like the NCAA's where you have to split the money in your conference?

I don't begrudge WKU for moving up but you have to admit that you need to have aspirations higher than the SunBelt to actually make it work as there are only a handful of I-A schools really making money at that level.

Alot in 1-aa dont make money either and alot will never really have a chance of making the playoffs either so should they move down to Div II? Listen I am NOT downing 1-AA/CS. I am just saying the sky is the limit in 1-A/BCS and you can not say that for the CS/1-AA. The SunBelt is obvioulsly the one of if not the weakest conferences in 1-A/BCS and I am not trying to make them out not to be but it is not a death sentence for any school and it is a relatively a very younge league with mainly very younge 1-A/BSC schools. The HUGE difference being that their is alot more potential, opportunity and room for growth in the SunBelt than the Gateway or any 1-AA/CS conference will ever have. Also just because OVERALL the conference is not that stronge does not mean it can not have one or two good teams in it. There is no telling where it will be in 10 years or the teams that currently make it up. Some teams appear to have good shot at improving and have and some have yet to prove they belong in 1-A/BCS but you can say that about a few teams in almost any conference. However to say it is a waste is just short sighted. So if WK was jumping right to Conf USA starting out it would be a whole lot better? Any TEAM making that move is going to have some major lows and some major highs there first ten years but if done right the pay off is worth it.

Point is moving up to 1-A/BCS regardless of it faults is a step in competition OVERALL and just because it might take this school 10 years to be a respectable team and 20 for this one does not mean taking on the challenge is not worth it in the long run. My own alma mater, GSU, will never ever see 38K+ in the stands this after being the most sucessfull 1-AA team ever. It does not matter if we win another 6 NC's it still will not happen because fair or not people who did not attend, play for or live near by a 1-aa school could care less and will never fully understand or appreciate it. With Montana and other flagship Universities being the exception to the rule. I will always be there but that is merely because I graduted from there period. A good school moving to 1-A/BCS will either make the SunBelt better and stay or leave if the league does not progress as fast as them and a better conference snatches them up.

Good luck WKU I am rooting for you!

ASUMountaineer
December 6th, 2006, 09:53 PM

I wouldn't, I hope we don't go BS. I love playing for SOMETHING...again, other than money, what benefit does Michigan have being ranked #3 and no chance at a title? But, if the school feels it's in its best interest, I hope it works out for WKU. It's a hard thing to do and most schools never reach a high level, but hopefully you guys will.

You may want to change your signature though, a BS team probably doesn't want to have a lowly CS team as its rival.

aust42
December 6th, 2006, 11:04 PM
True football fans know about all levels of football. It is not my fault you just bask yourself in I-AA football and do not get outside that realm. Most fans I know of college football follow all the conferences and can tell you a little about each. You get more exposure for your athletes. You are more likely to get drafted if you are from a Div. I-A conference. Nowadays if you are good enough they will find you but it is easier if you have more exposure. The only time you hear about the I-AA teams is late November and early December when the playoffs come around.

USF is turning into a great program. They upset a great Louisville team in 2005 and West Virginia in 2006. They are moving in the right direction, they are headed to their 2nd bowl game in 2 years and their record continues to improve. Maybe if you would get out of you hole of I-AA football you may know about the success USF is having.

Like was previously stated, any school would jump at the opportunity to go Division I (the real division I football). It provides for more exposure, more money, and provides athletes a better opportunity to succeed on the field.

Your living in a fantasy land. "More exposure for your athletes"? The Sunbelt get's no national exposure except for the blowout OOC scores scrolling on the bottom of ESPN2. I don't think any of the networks are fighting over broadcasting a Sunbelt game on Saturday afternoon. "More likely to get drafted"? That's just a ridiculous statement and I won't comment further. "The only time you hear about 1AA schools is during the playoffs"? When do you ever hear about a Sunbelt school? Early December during the 1st few crap bowl games? The only people that watch it are the degenerate gamblers with money on the game. Troy? Isn't that the Brad Pitt movie? No honey it's a football team and their only -7 1/2. (or -11 against Central Michigan in your case. Take the points to the bank).

Marshall, Boise State and most recently South Florida have made a somewhat successfull transition. The only way I'd personally like to see my Bluehens move up is if they had a BCS Conference affiliation. UCONN and South Florida have very fortunately been given that opportunity. Other than that, we're as good as any mid-major 1A team. But the Sunbelt just a weak "1A" conference that is no better competition wise and certainly doesn't recieve any more exposure than any other top 1AA school.

This is my parting comment. Good luck. Only time will tell if this was the right choice to move to the Sunbelt.

JDC325
December 11th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Your living in a fantasy land. "More exposure for your athletes"? The Sunbelt get's no national exposure except for the blowout OOC scores scrolling on the bottom of ESPN2. I don't think any of the networks are fighting over broadcasting a Sunbelt game on Saturday afternoon. "More likely to get drafted"? That's just a ridiculous statement and I won't comment further. "The only time you hear about 1AA schools is during the playoffs"? When do you ever hear about a Sunbelt school? Early December during the 1st few crap bowl games? The only people that watch it are the degenerate gamblers with money on the game. Troy? Isn't that the Brad Pitt movie? No honey it's a football team and their only -7 1/2. (or -11 against Central Michigan in your case. Take the points to the bank).

Marshall, Boise State and most recently South Florida have made a somewhat successfull transition. The only way I'd personally like to see my Bluehens move up is if they had a BCS Conference affiliation. UCONN and South Florida have very fortunately been given that opportunity. Other than that, we're as good as any mid-major 1A team. But the Sunbelt just a weak "1A" conference that is no better competition wise and certainly doesn't recieve any more exposure than any other top 1AA school.

This is my parting comment. Good luck. Only time will tell if this was the right choice to move to the Sunbelt.

Delaware is no where near a the average 1-A/BS team you are the one in fantasy land and if they are crap bowl games why to they usually outdraw the 1-aa/CS NC in ratings and attendance? Also you saying you dont have a better chance to get drafted in any BS confernce than in CS?:eek:

Dee Plane boss Dee Plane...xidiotx

redbirdtim
December 11th, 2006, 10:16 AM
I've actually followed South Florida some. While they may be a little sister in Florida right now, they do have a decent coach and some talent. Heck, they beat WVU, gave Rutgers a heck of a game too. They weren't that close against Louisville or Cincinatti, but I still say they did a good job this season. Give them a couple of years to start acquiring some bigger pieces of talent in Florida, especially in the Tampa/Sarasota area, and they will get better. Their roster is already 95% Florida boys, so they could also recruit a little more outside the state.

I don't see them competing for a national title anytime in the next 5-6 years, but I could see them moving up the Big East ranks. They were 4-3 this year and 8-4 overall. Grothe is a starting QB as a freshman. His passing stats weren't the greatest, but he rushes pretty well (600 yards and 9 TDs). He works on his mental game some and he will cut down on the INTs. Also, his top 2 receivers are both back for 2 more seasons, and the top receiver 3. If they can recruit a decent RB or get one to transfer, they will be in good shape next season. They also have a solid recruit at QB, who should be redshirting next year in Alton Voss out of New Port Richey, FL.

USF also has an effective defense only giving up 17-18 a game. That's pretty good when you play teams like WVU and UL.