PDA

View Full Version : 2015 FCS Pursuit of Perfection

taper
October 4th, 2015, 10:29 PM
Regular season complete. Only 1 true perfection for win and loss.

Updated 11-21
Teams losing perfection this week in italics and grayed out.

Undefeated(*FBS loss)
Charleston Southern**
Dayton
Jacksonville St*
McNeese
NCAT*

No wins(^sub D1 win)
AR-Pine Bluff^
Austin Peay
Davidson^
Delaware St
Houston Baptist^^
Missouri State^

McNeese72
October 4th, 2015, 11:09 PM
I think you forgot a Southland team on that second list.

taper
October 4th, 2015, 11:13 PM
Yep, missed Nicholls State, updated the list.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 4th, 2015, 11:35 PM
Wow, Norfolk State's entire non-conference schedule was FBS. They must have really needed the money.

centennial
October 5th, 2015, 12:15 AM
Wow, Norfolk State's entire non-conference schedule was FBS. They must have really needed the money.
Shameful, why keep an athletic department when things are so bad?

RootinFerDukes
October 5th, 2015, 07:08 AM
They're a school that is on the brink of closing. Major financial and accreditation issues at Norfolk State. They may not exist much longer, which is why many of our fans are scratching their head as to why we just scheduled a series with them.

mvemjsunpx
October 5th, 2015, 07:11 AM
UC Davis doesn't have a sub-DI win. They're 0-5.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
October 5th, 2015, 10:55 AM
ETSU is not on this list. They're currently 0-5.

WileECoyote06
October 5th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Shameful, why keep an athletic department when things are so bad?

The ODU game was set in 2012 when they were still FCS.

clenz
October 5th, 2015, 11:14 AM
ETSU is not on this list. They're currently 0-5.
Not currently full FCS - nor a D1 counter - I believe

BEAR
October 5th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Mcneese plays SLU this week so one of them will fall off.

Ivytalk
October 5th, 2015, 06:16 PM
The ranks of perfect Ivies will drop by at least one this weekend when Yale plays Dartmouth.

taper
October 5th, 2015, 06:21 PM
ETSU and Kennesaw State aren't counted as full D1 yet. I'm going to leave them out. Good chance neither gets a D1 win.

jmrepak
October 5th, 2015, 10:20 PM
ETSU and Kennesaw State aren't counted as full D1 yet. I'm going to leave them out. Good chance neither gets a D1 win.
Kennesaw St may pick 2 or 3 up in conference play but I'm not sure. ETSU will go winless in all likelihood

Hood
October 6th, 2015, 12:19 AM
It's okay that you forgot Nicholls State in your original post, pretty much everyone else has too.

McNeese72
October 6th, 2015, 08:47 AM
It's okay that you forgot Nicholls State in your original post, pretty much everyone else has too.

Tough going down there right now, but I think your coach will eventually turn things around.

Doc

taper
October 10th, 2015, 09:57 PM
First post updated.
Lost
Indiana State
Norfolk State
San Diego
SELA
Wofford
Yale
Youngstown

Won

Central Conn
Columbia
Davidson(sub D1, still on list)
Gardner-Webb
Idaho State
Murray State
North Carolina Central
SFA
UC Davis
URI

Bisonator
October 10th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Get rid of all the teams that have a loss. FBS loss is still a loss and not perfection.

RootinFerDukes
October 10th, 2015, 11:04 PM
Get rid of all the teams that have a loss. FBS loss is still a loss and not perfection.

I agree. This thread is pointless without highlighting only truly undefeated teams.

taper
October 11th, 2015, 06:28 PM
I'm covering FCS perfection. I do note FBS losses so if you prefer to count that way go right ahead. It's not like I'm sending out trophies.

World
October 12th, 2015, 03:48 AM
So....only 8 undefeated teams left in FCS as of Oct 10, 2015

Coastal
Dartmouth
Dayton
Harvard
Jacksonville
James Madison
McNeese
Princeton

mvemjsunpx
October 12th, 2015, 07:26 AM
I agree. This thread is pointless without highlighting only truly undefeated teams.

That's a bit silly, don't you think? Especially since McNeese is only undefeated because their game with LSU was canceled.

msupokes1
October 12th, 2015, 07:50 AM
That's a bit silly, don't you think? Especially since McNeese is only undefeated because their game with LSU was canceled.

Exactly, I mean McNeese was down big when the game was canceled and had no chance to come back and win. Oh wait it was 0-0. They play the game for a reason. It is unreasonable to just assume a loss. McNeese has been very competitive with the FBS schools in the past. McNeese has a pretty good defense and Coach V game plans very well for these FBS games.

2ram
October 12th, 2015, 09:04 AM

princeton & harvard haven't played anyone with a winning record yet.

RootinFerDukes
October 12th, 2015, 09:07 AM
It is what it is. It doesn't change the fact that they're undefeated. LSU cancelled the game.

PantherRob82
October 12th, 2015, 09:07 AM
princeton & harvard haven't played anyone with a winning record yet.

Don't be hatin'.

#IvyRideOrDie
#EastSide
#SweaterVestRegulators

mvemjsunpx
October 12th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Exactly, I mean McNeese was down big when the game was canceled and had no chance to come back and win. Oh wait it was 0-0. They play the game for a reason. It is unreasonable to just assume a loss. McNeese has been very competitive with the FBS schools in the past. McNeese has a pretty good defense and Coach V game plans very well for these FBS games.

Oh, come on, it was less than 5 minutes into the first quarter.

So, if McNeese had lost that game, you agree that they shouldn't be tracked here?

BEAR
October 12th, 2015, 09:36 AM

You had me until that line. If it were a lower level Sunbelch team then yeah..but LSU...yeah, we can pretty much call it a loss...like 90+% of the time..and being LSU THIS year...99%.

msupokes1
October 12th, 2015, 09:52 AM
You had me until that line. If it were a lower level Sunbelch team then yeah..but LSU...yeah, we can pretty much call it a loss...like 90+% of the time..and being LSU THIS year...99%.

Don't get me wrong I was not implying that McNeese was going to win the game but the comment that McNeese is only undefeated because the game was canceled is ridiculous. If only the App/Michigan game would have been canceled we could have chalked that up for another win for Michigan. We could say, if only any of the teams on the list played LSU this year they wouldn't be undefeated. The game didn't happen so you cant make that assumption. Bottom line is McNeese is undefeated and the D looks pretty good right now. Hopefully the injury bug of the past doesn't come up to bite us.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, come on, it was less than 5 minutes into the first quarter.

So, if McNeese had lost that game, you agree that they shouldn't be tracked here?

Completely agree. A loss is a loss. Doesn't matter who it is to.

mvemjsunpx
October 12th, 2015, 10:35 AM
Completely agree. A loss is a loss. Doesn't matter who it is to.

Even if it's an opponent that no FCS team would ever be expected to beat? xeyebrowx

PantherRob82
October 12th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Even if it's an opponent that no FCS team would ever be expected to beat? xeyebrowx

Can you truly be undefeated with a loss?

Catsfan90
October 12th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Before this year I would have disagreed with this. But after seeing Jacksonville State, and EKU. You have a very valid argument.

McNeese75
October 12th, 2015, 11:38 AM

Yep

McTailGator
October 12th, 2015, 12:48 PM

LSU has yet to play anyone.

They will lose to Alabama and Texas A&M because they can not pass the football.

taper
October 17th, 2015, 10:39 PM
First post updated

Lost
Bethune-Cookman
Princeton
Southern

Won
FAMU
Nicholls St
Northwestern St

taper