PDA

View Full Version : Illinois State @ Youngstown State

penguinpower
October 4th, 2015, 10:56 AM
This is shaping up to look like it will be a good game. Youngstown's defense is playing pretty good right now.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
October 4th, 2015, 10:57 AM
BIG measuring stick for the penguins. Is the Bo show for real? We shall see

Penguin Nation
October 4th, 2015, 01:39 PM
I cannot predict this game. YSU is loaded defensively...although the run D is not as strong as the rest of the unit. If the YSU offense that played against USD and RMU shows up, we will struggle. If the YSU offense that showed up at Heinz Field is at the Castle Saturday, then we will win, perhaps convincingly.

TheKingpin28
October 4th, 2015, 02:19 PM
BIG measuring stick for the penguins. Is the Bo show for real? We shall see

Well it's not November, so YSU should be strong.

REALBird
October 4th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Looking forward to this game. Pitt is 3-1 and YSU played them tough. Iowa is 3-1 and well ISUr got taken to the woodshed. USD doesn't to much for me, nor do I think the Bob Morris game should have been as close for YSU.

The EIU game for ISU was close, and despite beating UNI we need Tre Roberson lined up at QB and slinging it, not playing WR and running the read option a few times as he did against UNI.

We get Jon Marc Anderson (WR) back this week, Teddy Corwin (DE) is still questionable, and we won't know about Roberson's thumb until sometime this week.

Road games are hard to win, let's hope we're playing at full strength.

gregatim
October 4th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Looking forward to this game. Pitt is 3-1 and YSU played them tough. Iowa is 3-1 and well ISUr got taken to the woodshed. USD doesn't to much for me, nor do I think the Bob Morris game should have been as close for YSU.

The EIU game for ISU was close, and despite beating UNI we need Tre Roberson lined up at QB and slinging it, not playing WR and running the read option a few times as he did against UNI.

We get Jon Marc Anderson (WR) back this week, Teddy Corwin (DE) is still questionable, and we won't know about Roberson's thumb until sometime this week.

Iowa is 5-0 homie.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 4th, 2015, 03:37 PM

Is Roberson's hand going to be healed up enough to be effective?

REALBird
October 4th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Iowa is 5-0 homie.
Good catch, posted our record again instead of theirs.

REALBird
October 4th, 2015, 05:45 PM
Is Roberson's hand going to be healed up enough to be effective?

Depending on which report you believe, some indicated it was a broken hand....if that's the case it a chance in Hell! But other reports indicated he just injured it and had trouble gripping the ball.

Would think that if it was broken he wouldn't have carried the ball twice or lined up at WR several times. Either way, we need him to win.

Can't see winning in the Ice Castle without him.

World
October 5th, 2015, 03:12 AM
Iowa is 5-0 homie.

Not only is Iowa now 5-0 but it is also ranked 22nd in the AP FBS rankings

REALBird
October 5th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Not only is Iowa now 5-0 but it is also ranked 22nd in the AP FBS rankings
My understanding is that they are "supposed" to have the weakest or one of the weakest schedules at the FBS level. Seems that Wisconsin was their first real test.

UNIFanSince1983
October 5th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Iowa beat Pitt on a last second 57 yard field goal at home. They seemed to be evenly matched.

And yes on Gameday they stated that Iowa had the easiest schedule in the country this year. I am not sure how much of a test Wisconsin actually was this year either. That game was hideously ugly. The west of the Big Ten is incredibly weak this year, and Iowa's only two crossover games are Maryland and Indiana.

Daved
October 5th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Well it's not November, so YSU should be strong.Sad but true!

BucBisonAtLarge
October 5th, 2015, 10:27 AM
This is an early test for Bo Pelini and his ability to win a high-stakes MVFC game, something that Wolford could not reliably do. Youngstown has a nice set-up this year in-conference-- NDSU, SDSU and ISUr at home, and no Northern Iowa. Into the Wolford years, this kind of schedule did not translate to much advantage for the Penguins. They performed well at USD last week, but I watched the RMU game. It was very hard on the eyes. Hopefully those players, Bo and his coaching staff have advanced together. A loss on Saturday would not be a final verdict, to be sure. This is a new regime. A win, however, says something else. It is going to be fun.

ysubigred
October 5th, 2015, 10:38 AM
This is an early test for Bo Pelini and his ability to win a high-stakes MVFC game, something that Wolford could not reliably do. Youngstown has a nice set-up this year in-conference-- NDSU, SDSU and ISUr at home, and no Northern Iowa. Into the Wolford years, this kind of schedule did not translate to much advantage for the Penguins. They performed well at USD last week, but I watched the RMU game. It was very hard on the eyes. Hopefully those players, Bo and his coaching staff have advanced together. A loss on Saturday would not be a final verdict, to be sure. This is a new regime. A win, however, says something else. It is going to be fun.

Excellent post ^^ Looking back so far at YSU opponents,, Pitt, RMU and SFPA all appear to be doing well. I don't think RMU is as bad as everyone thinks. ISU(r) is a very good team and well coached. Roberson not playing QB will give YSU a big advantage, since a mobile QB that can throw pin point passes (Robertson) can kill you. This will be an awesome game and I as many YSU fans are looking forward to it. Any ISU fans making the trip up we'll be in the M24 tailgate lot with the usual Youngstown hospitality xnodx

eiu1999
October 5th, 2015, 10:53 AM
I think YSU wins this one by 7.

BucBisonAtLarge
October 6th, 2015, 12:20 PM
bump

Sycamore62
October 6th, 2015, 02:07 PM
I expect ISUr to lay an egg in the next few weeks. Ive seen them look good and not impressive. I prefer the egg to be vs. ISUb.

penguinpower
October 7th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Predictions?

Professor Chaos
October 7th, 2015, 03:08 PM
I'll take the Penguins by 7-10. I think Bo has got their defense playing well and Roberson hasn't seemed very good throwing the ball even when he's healthy. Marchong will get his yards on the ground but the ISUr offense will be too one-dimensional to get the win. Oh, and it's not November yet so YSU should be good.

dbackjon
October 7th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Iowa beat Pitt on a last second 57 yard field goal at home. They seemed to be evenly matched.

And yes on Gameday they stated that Iowa had the easiest schedule in the country this year. I am not sure how much of a test Wisconsin actually was this year either. That game was hideously ugly. The west of the Big Ten is incredibly weak this year, and Iowa's only two crossover games are Maryland and Indiana.

Northwestern looks legit.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 7th, 2015, 03:15 PM
If Roberson's hand is healed enough to throw effectively, I'll take the Redbirds. If not, then it is a toss up.

penguinpower
October 7th, 2015, 04:08 PM
If Roberson's hand is healed enough to throw effectively, I'll take the Redbirds. If not, then it is a toss up.

Have you watched a YSU game this year? If so have you seen the defense? They look legit to me and I'm not wearing tinted glasses when I state that.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2015, 04:24 PM
My prediction is Illinois State by 14, but nothing would surprise me.

penguinpower
October 7th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Vegas currently has Youngstown as a 1 point favorite.

UNIFanSince1983
October 7th, 2015, 04:40 PM
YSU - 1908
ISUr - 1857

This means ISUr wins by about 28 points or so.

The Yo Show
October 7th, 2015, 05:00 PM
Damn it. They got us by the age eh?

I think YSU wins this game. Definitely sounds like I'm a homer, but I do think this is a good matchup for the penguins.

Daved
October 7th, 2015, 05:34 PM
If it ends up being the typical YSU vs Ill State game then it will be a see-saw battle---In the past the home team has generally won--hope that holds true this year and really hope for no rain and a decent crowd.

ysubigred
October 8th, 2015, 07:16 AM
I'll take the Penguins by 7-10. I think Bo has got their defense playing well and Roberson hasn't seemed very good throwing the ball even when he's healthy. Marchong will get his yards on the ground but the ISUr offense will be too one-dimensional to get the win. Oh, and it's not November yet so YSU should be good.

LOL!! Yeah too bad YSU can't get NDSU in September!! xdrunkyx

- - - Updated - - -

If it ends up being the typical YSU vs Ill State game then it will be a see-saw battle---In the past the home team has generally won--hope that holds true this year and really hope for no rain and a decent crowd.

Don't worry I'm bringing good weather over from KY for the game xthumbsupx

The Yo Show
October 8th, 2015, 08:08 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Don't worry I'm bringing good weather over from KY for the game xthumbsupx

You better deliver on that good weather! Ill give you beer! Based on the forecast, you really are though.

Daved
October 8th, 2015, 08:11 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Don't worry I'm bringing good weather over from KY for the game xthumbsupxThanks Red!--was hoping you weren't bringing any of that "Kentucky Rain" that Elvis sang about.xpeacex

ysubigred
October 8th, 2015, 09:05 AM
You better deliver on that good weather! Ill give you beer! Based on the forecast, you really are though.

xdrunkyx
Beer is good!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Red!--was hoping you weren't bringing any of that "Kentucky Rain" that Elvis sang about.xpeacex

Elvis was overrated,, No KY rain here xnodx

Daved
October 8th, 2015, 11:01 AM
xdrunkyx
Beer is good!

- - - Updated - - -

Elvis was overrated,, No KY rain here xnodxI won't blame Elvis as the late Eddie Rabbitt wrote that tune--Eddie also wrote "I Love a Rainy Nite"--I hate rainy nights especially when we are playing at the Ice Castle.

underdawg
October 8th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Probably YSU--still don't trust the Redbird's offensive Line

penguinpower
October 9th, 2015, 06:38 AM
Bump

Bisonator
October 9th, 2015, 07:55 AM
ISUr without Roberson and on the road, I give the edge to YSU.

REALBird
October 9th, 2015, 08:50 AM
ISUr without Roberson and on the road, I give the edge to YSU.

Coach Spack has resorted to the Bill Belichek school of covert coaching. No updates, no status reports. It's likely DE Teddy Corwin is back this week as well as Tre Roberson.

FWIW.....Illinois State is missing 2 of the 4 Pre-Season All-Americans in DE Teddy Corwin (out since week #1) and QB Tre Roberson (limited). Last week we were also missing starting WR - Jon Marc Anderson and WR Christian Gibbs in an already young and depleted receiving corp. Yet, somehow we still came away with the W at home against the #6 team in the country.

This team is starting to echo last years team where converted FB Colin Keosheon moved to DT. Where TE Teddy Corwin converted to DE. We already have FR QB Hasan Muhammad-Rogers taking snaps at WR and although he didn't do much last week, with RS FR Kolbe, Roberson (limited) and Muhammad-Rogers on the field in some sets, it should confuse quite a few defensive coordinators. I'd look for a big trick play at some point this week.

Brandon Berry 6-4 TE moved to DL line last week and in his first snap recorded a TFL, for the game - 3 unassisted tackles for -18 yards and one INT, and one pass deflection.

For all the talk of our transfers: LaDarious Newbold (Texas Tech), Stephen Amako (Oregon), Reggie Spearman (Iowa) they all anchor the SECOND UNIT DEF, none have been able to break the starting lineup of a patchwork DEF that held UNI to 250 total yards last week.

We passed one test last week, now comes the next test. Can we win at the Ice Castle? If the DEF continues to improve the way they did, and we can play from ahead like last week vs. UNI, I think we can steal one in Youngstown.

NEXT MAN UP!!!!

penguinpower
October 9th, 2015, 09:09 AM
YSU is missing the LT on the OL and also has a new C this year. May be the reason why the offense can't get untracked. I think it will be a good game but not one YSU will win. I think the OL needs to improve dramatically and the play call of the OC is predictable and poor in most situational circumstances.

The defense is playing outstanding and may give YSU a chance. Hopefully it doesn't rain because the pussified fans won't show.

Thumper 76
October 9th, 2015, 12:21 PM
It's not November and Roberson is wounded. I'll take YSU by a TD.

penguinpower
October 9th, 2015, 12:29 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jCXq6n-mEjc&feature=youtu.be

YSU vs ISUr hype video

The Yo Show
October 9th, 2015, 07:53 PM
That hype video gave me goosebumps. Wow.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 9th, 2015, 08:35 PM
What type of crowd is YSU expecting for this one? Is this the most anticipated contest in a while?

I'm still considering coming out for the YSU-NDSU game.....

PantherRob82
October 9th, 2015, 08:38 PM
What type of crowd is YSU expecting for this one? Is this the most anticipated contest in a while?

I'm still considering coming out for the YSU-NDSU game.....

YSU crowds....woof. I've been to three games there and two were soooooo depressing. I would check to see what time the Buckeyes kickoff before deciding to attend. ;)

Daved
October 9th, 2015, 10:03 PM
YSU crowds....woof. I've been to three games there and two were soooooo depressing. I would check to see what time the Buckeyes kickoff before deciding to attend. ;)Unfortunately that's true--YSU football takes a back seat to high school football and also the Buckeyes.If it doesn't rain I do expect a decent crowd of @ least 15k.

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 07:02 AM
That's because most people in Youngstown are like this guy and hence the love affair with HS football.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xL-VX3WbA9U

ValleyTalk
October 10th, 2015, 08:21 AM
It is not going to rain people! 0% chance today.

X-Factor
October 10th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Unfortunately that's true--YSU football takes a back seat to high school football and also the Buckeyes.If it doesn't rain I do expect a decent crowd of @ least 15k.
HS football is a bigger event than YSU.... I feel sorry for you guys if true. I'd understand if we were talking ISUb in the middle of their infamous run, but you guys always play well at home.

The Yo Show
October 10th, 2015, 09:59 AM
HS football is a bigger event than YSU.... I feel sorry for you guys if true. I'd understand if we were talking ISUb in the middle of their infamous run, but you guys always play well at home.

Its sad, but true. Hell I like highschool football, and their is some great high school football in the greater youngstown area, but it's sad that it is bigger than YSU football. A specific high school game will not usually get more attendance, but if you look at the attendance to all the local high school games, and compare it to what usually shows up at YSU, you would be surprised.

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 10:22 AM

Due to the economic challenges in the area most YSU graduates leave the area. The Uncle Rico's stay there and because they are not educated and they have more affiliation with HS football than YSU.

ST_Lawson
October 10th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Due to the economic challenges in the area most YSU graduates leave the area. The Uncle Rico's stay there and because they are not educated and they have more affiliation with HS football than YSU.

Western has a similar problem. Very few WIU grads actually stay in the area. Most end up getting jobs in the Chicago area, Peoria, Springfield, Quad Cities, St. Louis....all areas that are 2+ hours drive away. We'll get people back for Homecoming, but it's pretty hard getting many of the alumni to come back for games outside of that. We only have one high school in town, but I can assure you that there have been weekends in the past where the high school has drawn as many (if not more) people to their game than Western did.

X-Factor
October 10th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Ah. That makes a lot of sense now.

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 11:57 AM
The Youngstown area is in the process of reinventing itself with the development of 3D printing in Youngstown. The engineering department got a $400,000,000 grant from Siemens corporation. In 10 years I see the population going up but it has been a steady decline since the 1970's. Youngstown is in the center of the technology corridor between Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Maybe we will have more fans in the future.

RollBirds
October 10th, 2015, 01:01 PM

Yeah Ohio high school football is as good as Texas and Florida

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Let's hope our game is as entertaining as the Other big match-up today

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2015, 06:09 PM
The game is delayed?

Twentysix
October 10th, 2015, 06:12 PM
The game is delayed?

Yeah, whats going on here?

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2015, 06:13 PM
Yeah, whats going on here?

F'n Penguins trying to cheat.

Twentysix
October 10th, 2015, 06:15 PM
F'n Penguins trying to cheat.

So the game says it is in delay from before the opening kickoff... yet there are stats on the record...

ESPN says the game hasn't started yet, but also that ISUr has run 10 plays...

BisonTru
October 10th, 2015, 06:16 PM
So the game says it is in delay from before the opening kickoff... yet there are stats on the record...

Game has started. Must be an ESPN thing. I'm in delay as well.

BisonBacker
October 10th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Is this game available to watch online anywhere?

PantherRob82
Game has started. Must be an ESPN thing. I'm in delay as well.
I was gonna say. No rain.

Twentysix
Is this game available to watch online anywhere?

It's supposed to be on ESPN3

BisonTru
October 10th, 2015, 06:19 PM
ISU marched dn to the 2. YSU holds them on 4th and goal.

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2015, 06:22 PM
Wish the feed would come in.

The feed from SDSU looks terrible every time I try it. Currently Watching SELA-McNeese.

Twentysix
October 10th, 2015, 06:23 PM
ISU marched dn to the 2. YSU holds them on 4th and goal.

ISUr on the board with 7.

BisonTru
October 10th, 2015, 06:24 PM
ISUr on the board with 7.

Pick 6

BisonTru
October 10th, 2015, 06:31 PM
TD YSU

Rollbird5
October 10th, 2015, 06:37 PM
Hopefully the YSU production crew can fix this issue... Ridiculous

centennial
October 10th, 2015, 06:39 PM
Hopefully the YSU production crew can fix this issue... Ridiculous
Amateur hour.

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 06:53 PM
This is such bush league bull****

Rollbird5
October 10th, 2015, 06:54 PM
Tre with a 58 yard TD Run!!

centennial
October 10th, 2015, 06:55 PM
WTH ESPN3. I want to watch this game.

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 07:00 PM
That td happened after a defensive holding call on the DT? Never seen that before.

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 07:12 PM
570 WKBN on I heart radio is how I'm listening

DoubleE
October 10th, 2015, 07:26 PM
14-9 at halftime. YSU will get ball to start 3rd qtr

Hunter Wells is killing YSU

DoubleE
October 10th, 2015, 07:57 PM
ISUr 14 YSU 12 3rd qtr

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 08:03 PM
The ESPN feed I on!

Rollbird5
October 10th, 2015, 08:05 PM
The ESPN feed I on!
Finally!!!

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'm watching now.

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 08:23 PM
YSU dominating total yardage. The pick 6 and missed PAT are killing the Penguins

- - - Updated - - -

YSU QB. Play is suspect

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 08:24 PM
YSU has done a nice job keeping the red bird offense in check thus far

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2015, 08:26 PM
WTF was that delayed call?

DoubleE
October 10th, 2015, 08:28 PM
my guess is he had no clue untill the backjudge told him he crossed

centennial
October 10th, 2015, 08:29 PM
20-17

DoubleE
October 10th, 2015, 08:29 PM
YSU 20 ISUr 17 4th qtr

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Isu defense has to be getting worn down. YSU is controlling the ball.

DoubleE
October 10th, 2015, 08:31 PM
Isu defense has to be getting worn down. YSU is controlling the ball.

Lets see how Roberson responds

DoubleE
October 10th, 2015, 08:36 PM
that didnt take long.....

ISUr 24 YSU 20

centennial
October 10th, 2015, 08:36 PM
24-20. Not looking back at all. That was an INT made into TD.

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 08:37 PM
Spoke too soon

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 08:38 PM
They have two earned TD's on offense. That was the second. The pock 6 was a gift

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 08:49 PM
24-23. YSU within 1. 49 yard fg

centennial
October 10th, 2015, 08:50 PM
Good game.

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Wow. Huge fake punt.

centennial
October 10th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Gutsy fake punt.

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Burned on a fake

- - - Updated - - -

Refs have called everything against YSU. Un ****ing believeable

centennial
October 10th, 2015, 08:54 PM
No need for the foul. Going to cost YSU the game.

Rollbird5
October 10th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Ballsy call by Spack and it paid off good conversion!

centennial
October 10th, 2015, 08:56 PM
No need for the foul. Going to cost YSU the game.
I called it. 31-23. 8 point game.

Rollbird5
October 10th, 2015, 08:56 PM
Coprich TD Birds take a 31-23 lead

DoubleE
October 10th, 2015, 08:59 PM
huge return

ST_Lawson
October 10th, 2015, 09:02 PM
I seem to remember us burning Youngstown on a fake punt last year at the Ice Castle.

centennial
October 10th, 2015, 09:02 PM
YSU still has a chance...

centennial
October 10th, 2015, 09:03 PM
Tick tick tick

Rollbird5
October 10th, 2015, 09:04 PM
How big is that blocked extra point looking

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Nail biter

- - - Updated - - -

TD!

centennial
TD!

DoubleE
td guins

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 09:07 PM
How big is that blocked extra point looking

Wow I know!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 10th, 2015, 09:07 PM
What a great game!!

DoubleE
October 10th, 2015, 09:08 PM
ISUr 31 YSU 29 2 point conversion attempt coming 32 seconds left in game

- - - Updated - - -

Wow I know!

how big is that pick 6 ?

penguinpower
Win or lose. Safe to say YSU is the real deal.

centennial
Hard to be overturned

Rollbird5
October 10th, 2015, 09:09 PM
knee looked down before he got there

DoubleE
tie game !!!!!!!!!!!!

Rollbird5
and lost the ball before he got there

centennial
Looked in. Will stand.

Rollbird5
October 10th, 2015, 09:10 PM
Yesssss!!!!!!!!!

centennial
Wow!

DoubleE
oh god.................

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Boned by the refs again tonight

Rollbird5
October 10th, 2015, 09:11 PM
we got a new shoeless joe out there?

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 09:12 PM
They didn't have the angle to overturn the call

DoubleE
October 10th, 2015, 09:12 PM
man Hunter Wells has been killing us tonight

centennial
October 10th, 2015, 09:14 PM
Wow! Another bad call.

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 09:15 PM
So if it was an illegal bat why no penalty?

PantherRob82
Wow. The MVFC refs looked overwhelmed in every game I watched today.

penguinpower
Total ****ing bull****

DoubleE
October 10th, 2015, 09:16 PM
so batting it out of bounds is legal in college ?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 10th, 2015, 09:16 PM
Sounds like this game is seeing the ending it deserves.....xembarrassedx

Rollbird5
October 10th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Great road win against a solid Penguin squad, Go Birds!

BirdistheWord
The ball squirting out didnt matter, his left knee was clearly down at the 2 as he was diving before tha ball even came out.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

BisonTru
He batted it on purpose, IMO. Should that have been a penalty, re kick? How does that work?

centennial
Total screw job.

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2015, 09:19 PM
He batted it on purpose, IMO. Should that have been a penalty, re kick? How does that work?

I think the other team gets possession.

DoubleE
October 10th, 2015, 09:21 PM
oh this postgame show is gonna be fun.,................

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.iheart.com/live/newsradio-570-wkbn-1869/?autoplay=true&pname=1188&campid=play_bar&cid=main.html

RollBirds
October 10th, 2015, 09:24 PM
Wow this must mean that we've arrived... I thought only the Bison got those kinds of calls

dewey
October 10th, 2015, 09:28 PM
It looked like the ISU player intentionally pushed it out of bounds but to make that call you had better be 100% sure. Good win on the road by ISU.

Dewey

Rollbird5
October 10th, 2015, 09:32 PM
Here's what someone from redbird forum said on the play: "When the ball is in the field of play, you can bat it backwards, not forward. In the endzone, you cannot bat it anywhere. For this play, you had an argument he tried to make a play, but even if he did bat it, it went backwards, so no penalty."

Daytripper
October 10th, 2015, 09:33 PM
Here's what someone from redbird forum said on the play: "When the ball is in the field of play, you can bat it backwards, not forward. In the endzone, you cannot bat it anywhere. For this play, you had an argument he tried to make a play, but even if he did bat it, it went backwards, so no penalty."

Did that Redbird provide a citation for that rule?

DoubleE
October 10th, 2015, 09:35 PM
ok, bo pelini post game conference coming soon............

BisonTru
October 10th, 2015, 09:38 PM
ok, bo pelini post game conference coming soon............

Link?

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 09:39 PM
There was not indisputable evidence to overturn the call. There were not enough cameras and the angle was bad. That was a complete hose job.

RollBirds
October 10th, 2015, 09:40 PM
Did that Redbird provide a citation for that rule?

https://www.ncaapublications.com/p-4387-2015-ncaa-football-rules-and-interpretations.aspx

Here ya I'm sure it's in there somewhere.

DoubleE
October 10th, 2015, 09:40 PM
Link?
http://www.iheart.com/live/newsradio-570-wkbn-1869/?autoplay=true&pname=1188&campid=play_bar&cid=main.html

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 09:42 PM
If YSU plays them again YSU wins outright.

centennial
October 10th, 2015, 09:48 PM
There was not indisputable evidence to overturn the call. There were not enough cameras and the angle was bad. That was a complete hose job.
That was my interpretation. Call was too close to call. Shouldn't have been overturned.

Missingnumber7
October 10th, 2015, 09:50 PM
so batting it out of bounds is legal in college ?

9-4-1
c. No player shall bat other loose balls forward in the field of play or in any
direction if the ball is in the end zone (Rule 2-2-3-a)

You just can't bat it forward or at all if it is in the endzone.

- - - Updated - - -

That was my interpretation. Call was too close to call. Shouldn't have been overturned.

Sure looked like his back knee was down before the ball was across, but I couldn't hear what the white hat said because, much like every other YSU telecast the TV doesn't have a direct link to the mic.

birdsflyhigh
October 10th, 2015, 09:51 PM
The thing is the ISU Redbirds are like a MASH squad right now, so they're still winning and will get many of the injured players back in the next couple weeks. Anyhow, good game YSU. Knew it would be a heck of a battle, but if anyone was skeptical of the Penguins they should NOT be....YSU is the real deal.

GO BIRDS!

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 09:53 PM
Pelini is pissed in the presser

Missingnumber7
October 10th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Pelini is pissed in the presser

He keeps acting like he did after the onside kick and he's going to rack up some UNS yards.

Redbird 13
October 10th, 2015, 10:08 PM
If YSU plays them again YSU wins outright.

So Youngstown couldn't beat a shorthanded ISU team at home, but they will beat them on the road in the playoffs?

Yeah, OK.

REALBird
October 10th, 2015, 10:19 PM
Watched the replay on the 2 pt conversion and Wells knee slides about the 2 1/2 yard line. Before he dives and looses control of the ball.

Right call was made.

IBleedYellow
October 10th, 2015, 10:23 PM
Wow this must mean that we've arrived... I thought only the Bison got those kinds of calls

Salty?

Bisonwinagn
October 10th, 2015, 10:26 PM

False the players knee was clearly down before the ball crossed the plain. It was an easy call to overturn. The QB running like a pussy was the bigger issue. If he would of plowed in there he would have been fine.

REALBird
October 10th, 2015, 10:26 PM
What calls? What does NDSU have to do with this? Missed XP, Pick 6, failed 2 pt conversion. They could have blown this one open and yet this YSU loss is all about missed opportunities. Bo's meltdown was unwarranted.

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 10:28 PM
So Youngstown couldn't beat a shorthanded ISU team at home, but they will beat them on the road in the playoffs?

Yeah, OK.

YSU was shorthanded too. Just not publicized like you guys. The pick 6 wouldn't happen again.

IBleedYellow
October 10th, 2015, 10:28 PM
Salty?

Btw, I'm pretty much 100% kidding here.

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 10:31 PM
There were a total of 12 reviews in the game on YSU and only 1 for ISU. Every time YSU made a big play the momentum was stopped for review. Never seen anything like that in a D1 game.

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 10:33 PM
False the players knee was clearly down before the ball crossed the plain. It was an easy call to overturn. The QB running like a pussy was the bigger issue. If he would of plowed in there he would have been fine.

So you are saying you had a better angle? The angle I saw could not determine if the ball had crossed the plane.

REALBird
October 10th, 2015, 10:46 PM
I saw the review on TV from the back angle which shows his knee slide down at the 2 1/2 yard line. That one was good enough for me.

Wasn't as hard of a review based on what I saw.

penguinpower
October 10th, 2015, 10:57 PM
They never measured a first down. The TD Isur scored after we took the lead should have been reviewed never did just weird

REALBird
October 10th, 2015, 11:16 PM
They never measured a first down. The TD Isur scored after we took the lead should have been reviewed never did just weird

that I'll give to you. Warrum's hand lands OOB at inches from the goal line BEFORE the ball hits the pylon. Bang bang, probably could have been reversed. Bang bang at best.

Professor Chaos
October 11th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Anyone have video of the controversial 2 point conversion miss? YSU's game highlights didn't include it.

Rollbird5
October 11th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Anyone have video of the controversial 2 point conversion miss? YSU's game highlights didn't include it.
You should be able to still watch it on espn3, then just go to the very end basically and u can see the play and all replays they show. I thought it was pretty clear he was down and he also fumbled before getting the ball to the goaline anyway but I do have redbird colored glasses on so someone from a more objective standpoint would help in validating the call

Professor Chaos
October 11th, 2015, 09:29 AM
You should be able to still watch it on espn3, then just go to the very end basically and u can see the play and all replays they show. I thought it was pretty clear he was down and he also fumbled before getting the ball to the goaline anyway but I do have redbird colored glasses on so someone from a more objective standpoint would help in validating the call
Good call, didn't think of that. But I just went and it doesn't look like they have the replay for some reason. They've got the NDSU/UNI, SDSU/ISUb, and WIU/USD games but no YSU/ISUr. Hopefully it shows up eventually.

penguinpower
October 11th, 2015, 09:31 AM

For some reason it isn't on ESPN3 replay. I wanted to watch it again too, especially the TD they didn't review on Illinois state.

penguinpower
October 11th, 2015, 09:35 AM
I also wanted to watch the holding call they gave to out DT for slowing the RB between the Tackle and guard. Never seen that call in nearly 37 years of watching football.

- - - Updated - - -

I also wanted to see the no call on the batted call with the onside kick.

penguinpower
October 11th, 2015, 09:36 AM
I also wanted to see the missed holding call when Roberson broke containment and ran down the sideline for 50 yards.

penguinpower
October 11th, 2015, 09:37 AM
I also wanted to see the catch that was overturned by YSU TE on the sideline. Everyone tells me it was a catch on the local replay.

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Anyone know where I can catch the replay of crying over replays?

2 point conversion looked like it was pretty clearly no good, and I was cheering for OT

ValleyTalk
October 11th, 2015, 12:55 PM

2 point conversion looked like it was pretty clearly no good, and I was cheering for OT
It should never have came down to that play. The pick six and the ballsy fake punt by Spack cost us the game. Tough loss for the Guins.

Daved
October 11th, 2015, 01:22 PM
It should never have came down to that play. The pick six and the ballsy fake punt by Spack cost us the game. Tough loss for the Guins.Totally agree--that fake punt was definitely the turning point and missing that PAT kick didn't help.We didn't lose it by 14 as Bob expected and that was before he knew if Roberson would be at qb.Roberson looked fine with most of his throws and his runs were devastating.Roberson is great and his line gave him tons of time to throw.Hope we get to see the Birds again later.I tip my cap to the Birds for a tough victory on the road rather than whine about officiating like some unnamed poster (from another team) would.

Daved
October 11th, 2015, 01:35 PM
You should be able to still watch it on espn3, then just go to the very end basically and u can see the play and all replays they show. I thought it was pretty clear he was down and he also fumbled before getting the ball to the goaline anyway but I do have redbird colored glasses on so someone from a more objective standpoint would help in validating the callLol--I saw the replay numerous times and thought the conversion was good--that just proves that our eyes are homers.xdrunkyx

TennBison
October 11th, 2015, 01:57 PM
So you are saying you had a better angle? The angle I saw could not determine if the ball had crossed the plane.
So basically what you are saying is that even the best angle you could come up with anywhere is not enough to overturn the call.

penguinpower
October 11th, 2015, 02:05 PM
So basically what you are saying is that even the best angle you could come up with anywhere is not enough to overturn the call.

That's what I'm saying. Has to be indisputable evidence to overturn the call. The cameras were on the 30 yard line. Goal line cameras would have definitively shown whether or not he was in. The knee was down and the ball appeared to be on the goal line. It also looked as if he may have started losing possession but you couldn't tell if it was caused by impact with the ground. All I am saying is that it must be indisputable and it was not and there is no way unless goal line cameras are used. I am all for that requirement, especially if replay is being used on most key plays. The end zone is the most key area on the field and should have 100% camera coverage from multiple angles.

REALBird
October 11th, 2015, 02:39 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21456&stc=1

penguinpower
October 11th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Both Line judges called it in. I can't tell from that angle.

birdsflyhigh
October 11th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Okay, NOW can we get the incessant YSU fan to stop sobbing. I'm starting to realize why some NDSU and UNI fans could care less if YSU hits the road and gets out of the MVFC. Anyhow, back-to-back top 10 wins for the Birds (one without ISU's starting QB).....maybe ISU can start getting a few #1 votes here on AGS.

penguinpower
October 11th, 2015, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE=birdsflyhigh;2265486]Okay, NOW can we get the incessant YSU fan to stop sobbing. I'm starting to realize why some NDSU and UNI fans could care less if YSU hits the road and gets out of the MVFC. Anyhow, back-to-back top 10 wins for the Birds (one without ISU's starting QB).....maybe ISU can start getting a few #1 votes here on AGS.[/

Go **** yourself

Did you get that from the referees you guys paid?

REALBird
October 11th, 2015, 02:57 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21457&stc=1
Warrum's left hand is OOB on the white (also wearing white gloves), right hand and ball have not been extended to pylon. 1st and G inside the one yard line. Bang Bang in real time. Goal line official looks to side judge to see if went out. Side judge was out of frame. Goal line ref calls TD. This could have been reviewed, not sure they would have reversed it. This was the only angle shown on replay.

REALBird
October 11th, 2015, 03:06 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21458&stc=1
Close up of knee touching down a 2 1/2.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21459&stc=1

Wider shot. if that's across the goal line, I'm high right now.

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2015, 03:09 PM
That fake punt was gutsy and brilliant.

penguinpower
October 11th, 2015, 03:21 PM
Not directed at you REALBird

penguinpower
October 11th, 2015, 03:25 PM
That looks way clearer to me now. That snapshot was not isolated like that on replay. I swear I watched it and it looked like he was in. What a mistake. Why wouldn't he dive in?

penguinpower
October 11th, 2015, 03:27 PM
The ball was past the 2.5 yard line. It was much closer because the ball touched the goal line when he was fully down. At the 2.5 yard lime that is a difference of about 7 feet. It was much closer than that.

REALBird
October 11th, 2015, 03:28 PM
That looks way clearer to me now. That snapshot was not isolated like that on replay. I swear I watched it and it looked like he was in. What a mistake. Why wouldn't he dive in?

The difference in both was exactly that. Warrum laid out and extended his body parallel to the ground. Wells did a half slide/dive. On the replay when you see the rubber pellets come up as his knee dragged it was even more obvious on the first screenshot from the sideline.

REALBird
October 11th, 2015, 03:31 PM
The ball wan past the 2.5 yard line. It was much closer because the ball touched the goal line when he was fully down. At the 2.5 yard lime that is a difference of about 7 feet. It was much closer than that.

Ball was past the 2 1/2, relative to when he fully extends the ball and his body, with two hands it's still not across. It was so bang bang that as the two defenders hit Wells, he's reaching with one hand and the ball comes out. I can still capture it, but when the ball is crossing the goal line it's clearly on the way out. If Wells is 6'5" and he's balled up in the fetal position with his knee clearly touching the 2 1/2 yard line. And his arms not full extended at this point, he couldn't be across that line. Unless he's a member of the Fantastic 4.

penguinpower
October 11th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Ball was past the 2 1/2, relative to when he fully extends the ball with two hands it's still not across. It was so bang bang that as the two defenders hit Wells, he's reaching with one hand and the ball comes out. I can still capture it, but when the ball is crossing the goal line it's clearly on the way out.

Yes, I saw it bounce but I wasn't sure when it happened. I thought he was across so it is irrelevant now. They didn't show any replays in the stadium. And the coverage of the broadcast was bush-league.

Thank you for showing me that.

BisonTru
October 11th, 2015, 03:56 PM
I'm high right now.

We don't tolerate that behavior. You are suspended until the next practice.

#Spackbringingdnthehammer

REALBird
October 11th, 2015, 04:03 PM

Its for medical purposes....so my per diem for road trips will be reduced by 2.50.

Daved
October 11th, 2015, 05:07 PM

Yeah, OK.Only time would tell--neither team dominated and either team may win if they play again no matter where they play.If logic were the sure indicator of a winner they wouldn't have to play the game!

Daved
October 11th, 2015, 05:12 PM

2 point conversion looked like it was pretty clearly no good, and I was cheering for OTNot sure if they have it in your area but ECN carries them in this part of the U.S.(Eye Clenzing Network)xdrunkyx

DoubleE
October 11th, 2015, 09:40 PM

yeah thats not going to be leagal in ohio for another month