PDA

View Full Version : Rain cancellations this weekend?

jmrepak
October 1st, 2015, 07:38 PM
This year has been so weird for weather. A number of games cancelled all across the board. I've seen Coastal play in some nasty weather before, but our area has been drenched with 15-20 inches of rain in the last 30 days and we are expected to get another 8-12 inches over the next 3 days as a low pressure system and offshore hurricane descend upon us. It would suck for Homecoming to get cancelled, but the reality is that Coastal's game is at-risk this weekend. However, this cloud does have a silver lining. Cancelling the 'Bama A&M game would actually help our SoS.

Anyone else at-risk this weekend?

jmrepak
October 2nd, 2015, 12:39 PM
They just bumped our game to 2 PM to avoid the heaviest part of the current rain forecast.

veinup
October 2nd, 2015, 12:43 PM
hope not. stay as safe and dry as you can out there, east coasters. i cant imagine the pain of having a saturday football game cancelled. xsmhx

PaladinFan
October 2nd, 2015, 01:42 PM
Both Clemson and Furman look like they are going to be playing in a maelstrom.

jmrepak
October 2nd, 2015, 01:59 PM
Both Clemson and Furman look like they are going to be playing in a maelstrom.
Yep. Gameday should be interesting.

eiu1999
October 2nd, 2015, 02:09 PM
Hope the fields are safe for the players.

catamount man
October 2nd, 2015, 02:46 PM
Gonna be a rainy one in Cullowhee between my Cats and PC. It's on TV so I'll be able to watch. Still on the shelf from surgery in August followed by another procedure in September. Did I mention I have lost 55 pounds. Proud spokesman for the SURGERY diet. Ooh. Sore. Good luck to all your teams, except you PC fans. LOL! GO CATS!

bonarae
October 2nd, 2015, 05:51 PM
So far, the Ivy games tonight are going to be played. Harvard FB team's Twitter doesn't show any sign of weather-related events.

Go...gate
October 2nd, 2015, 06:19 PM
Columbia-Princeton and Colgate-Cornell are going forward as scheduled.

Pard4Life
October 2nd, 2015, 08:05 PM
Cancellations?

This isn't baseball you namby pamby ladies!

Welcome to Obama's A-murica!!

Cocky
October 3rd, 2015, 07:47 AM
Sons baseball is cancelled today but he played football last night.

Pards Rule
October 3rd, 2015, 09:40 AM
I am going to Monmouth to visit my frosh nephew today (aka per Carney "the Curse") and he txt me the game for today (Family Weekend) has been cancelled. Still going to visit though.

PaladinFan
October 3rd, 2015, 10:20 AM
Well, Jim Cantori is in Greenville. That's rarely good news. https://twitter.com/FurmanPaladins/status/650297706787786752

PAllen
October 3rd, 2015, 11:10 AM
I am going to Monmouth to visit my frosh nephew today (aka per Carney "the Curse") and he txt me the game for today (Family Weekend) has been cancelled. Still going to visit though.

Odd since the school tweeted about wearing pink to the game around 9AM.

citdog
October 3rd, 2015, 01:40 PM
Well, Jim Cantori is in Greenville. That's rarely good news. https://twitter.com/FurmanPaladins/status/650297706787786752

furman sucks

Pards Rule
October 3rd, 2015, 03:58 PM
Odd since the school tweeted about wearing pink to the game around 9AM.

My error. My nephew reported it and it was wrong. We went to game. Chilly overcast and windy with smattering of rain driven drizzle at times. Monmouth wins over Bryant 31-24.

jmrepak
October 3rd, 2015, 05:51 PM
Not a drop of rain during our game. A lot of peoplestayed home because of the forecast, but it ended up being a nice day for football. Bad weather supposed to be moving in any time.