PDA

View Full Version : Round 1, Group D - AGS Unique Mascot Poll

CasualFan
September 29th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Choose your favorite unique mascot. The top 2 will go on to the semifinal round.

Honor System Request - please do not vote for your team!

Method of mascots chosen:
Started with a list of all Division 1 mascots. Removed duplicate mascots, including spelling variations (sorry Bearkats!). Then removed all non-FCS schools. I may have screwed up when selecting mascots, if so I apologize and it wasn't intentional. If your unique mascot isn't on here, see if there is another D-1 team (possibly a non-football school) with the same mascot.

BisonFan02
September 29th, 2015, 12:34 PM
LOL at the University of North Dakota Nulls

wapiti
September 29th, 2015, 01:12 PM
I wanted to vote for NAU Lumberjacks, but that was not an option.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 29th, 2015, 01:22 PM

...on this thread. There are several others though so they may be on those lists. This is a tourney style thing so the winner will move on to face other winners.

UNDBIZ
September 29th, 2015, 01:25 PM
To those who voted for UND, how did you define "best?"

iowastatebison
September 29th, 2015, 01:32 PM

Northern Arizona doesn't have a unique mascot, not even in only considering FCS. Stephen F Austin is also the Lumberjacks.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 29th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Northern Arizona doesn't have a unique mascot, not even in only considering FCS. Stephen F Austin is also the Lumberjacks.

Ahh, I wasn't taking "unique" literally enough. xlolx

CasualFan
September 29th, 2015, 01:44 PM
To those who voted for UND, how did you define "best?"
I kind of like the attitude. I always pictured it as, "If we can't have our mascot, then we don't want one." I know you guys are looking at five choices now, but I kind of like not having one over the choices you've got.

chattanoogamocs
September 29th, 2015, 02:13 PM
Go NULLS!

superman7515
September 29th, 2015, 04:35 PM
I kind of like the attitude. I always pictured it as, "If we can't have our mascot, then we don't want one."

But that's not an attitude, they were forced by the state to not adopt a new mascot until this year.

CasualFan
September 29th, 2015, 04:42 PM
But that's not an attitude, they were forced by the state to not adopt a new mascot until this year.
According to some of the NDSU posters, UND controls the state. ;)

BisonFan02
September 29th, 2015, 05:58 PM

........and that "cooling period" had NO pushback by their fans....and that "cooling period" expired last January...did you not read the wager thread I had with Darell? xlolx This next voting period of 5 names needs one of the 5 to have a 51% total vote before it is selected....if not reached, the top two then go to a re-vote.....there is plenty of time for this to get ****ed up again. :D

ElCid
September 29th, 2015, 06:38 PM
I don't know, with all the politically correct madness that goes on lately I am surprised that the Quakers are not beating down Penn stadium in protest over the use of their.....oh wait they are Quakers, never mind.

UAalum72
September 29th, 2015, 09:54 PM
University of Alaska Anchorage, which is D-I in ice hockey, is also named Seawolves, and has been since 1977, much longer than Stony Brook University, SUNY

Bisonoline
September 29th, 2015, 11:40 PM
No Banana Slugs?

ST_Lawson
September 30th, 2015, 08:10 AM
No Banana Slugs?

I think we're just going with unique nicknames for FCS football teams.

If you're including all schools with unique nicknames, then you'd have a lot more...Illini, Crimson Tide, Banana Slugs, Prairie Fire, etc.

Bisonoline
October 2nd, 2015, 09:06 PM
I think we're just going with unique nicknames for FCS football teams.

If you're including all schools with unique nicknames, then you'd have a lot more...Illini, Crimson Tide, Banana Slugs, Prairie Fire, etc.

Well ok.

ngineer
October 2nd, 2015, 11:11 PM
I don't know, with all the politically correct madness that goes on lately I am surprised that the Quakers are not beating down Penn stadium in protest over the use of their.....oh wait they are Quakers, never mind.

The founder, Ben Franklin, was a Quaker.