PDA

View Full Version : FCS Television Ratings?

YSUPEN
December 3rd, 2006, 09:23 PM
Has anyone seen the television ratings for the two FCS games on ESPN2? FCS have been programmed against ND-USC and USC-UCLA. Hopefully will have very little competition this week.

FlyYtown
December 3rd, 2006, 10:01 PM
What games will YSU-APPY ST. Be competing with this week? I know that the ESPN Family of Networks will be covering the Division 2 Semi-Finals as well, but that shouldn't compete with this timewise I do not think?

Division 1 BS is all done until the bowl's now as well; so I guess Gameday will be covering the CS this weekend----always nice to see!

December 3rd, 2006, 10:03 PM
What games...Have you seen the television ratings for the two FCS games on ESPN2?

GRZZ
December 3rd, 2006, 10:31 PM
Have you seen the television ratings for the two FCS games on ESPN2?

Thats what he is asking for, isn't it? Have you seen them? Please post them if you have, I would be really curious.

ASU Kep
December 3rd, 2006, 11:17 PM
What games will YSU-APPY ST. Be competing with this week? I know that the ESPN Family of Networks will be covering the Division 2 Semi-Finals as well, but that shouldn't compete with this timewise I do not think?

Division 1 BS is all done until the bowl's now as well; so I guess Gameday will be covering the CS this weekend----always nice to see!

That'd be pretty damn awesome if they did a real Gameday broadcast from here. :bang:

putter
December 3rd, 2006, 11:21 PM
I don't know about this year but last years NC game got higher ratings than, I believe, 4-6 bowl games. Not bad. If Game Day covers the CS I will chug a 6 pac of Pig's Ass Porter..

thmst30
December 3rd, 2006, 11:50 PM
Gameday will never cover anything in CS. Its the sad truth.

ncguitarplyr
December 4th, 2006, 01:10 AM
keep checking here as soon as they update it we'll know where they're gonna be set up at...i don't think they'd come to app but at the same time i dunno where else they can go so who knows keep your fingers crossed:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnMicrosite?showID=FBCG

thmst30
December 4th, 2006, 01:14 AM
keep checking here as soon as they update it we'll know where they're gonna be set up at...i don't think they'd come to app but at the same time i dunno where else they can go so who knows keep your fingers crossed:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnMicrosite?showID=FBCG
It says Live from Bristol, was that this last week? If its for this coming week thats really lame. Staying at home in Bristol instead of going out and giving the CS the attention it deserves. If I knew a phone number for ESPN I would call them up and give it to them, and plead with them to come to Boone. They don't know what they are missing, if they were true College Football fans then they would understand that CS football is just as great and even better than the BS crap. They never care to give us respect and its ridiculous. They would have a great time in this beautiful little town, and would witness a great game. COME ON YOU FRAUDS, COME TO BOONE.

thmst30
December 4th, 2006, 01:29 AM
Actually now that I think about it, they probably won't even have a Gameday since the BS regular season is over.

TexasTerror
December 4th, 2006, 07:32 AM

2002...November 16: Harvard at Pennsylvania (this marked the first time GameDay was broadcast live from an Ivy League school)

They did show up at a CS game before...

chiapet9
December 4th, 2006, 07:42 AM

Gameday probably doesn't even know a thing about the CS. if they covered one of our games they'd probably trip up all over themselves.....and they'd probably call it I-AA :eek: :eek:

Cocky
December 4th, 2006, 07:43 AM
What is Gameday?

GannonFan
December 4th, 2006, 09:06 AM
2002...November 16: Harvard at Pennsylvania (this marked the first time GameDay was broadcast live from an Ivy League school)

They did show up at a CS game before...

Plus they did the SWAC last year too - Grambling and Southern I believe. They do come to CS schools, just not all that frequently.

bluehenbillk
December 4th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Guys let's face it, they'll do a 1-AA game but there has to be a compelling hook or storyline to get them there. If you try to go to the angle about the competition or how good the teams are you're just going to get a yawn in response because the public won't watch because of that.

putter
December 4th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Guys let's face it, they'll do a 1-AA game but there has to be a compelling hook or storyline to get them there. If you try to go to the angle about the competition or how good the teams are you're just going to get a yawn in response because the public won't watch because of that.

Deciding a NC on the field would be hook enough for me!

penguin8797
December 4th, 2006, 12:01 PM
It seems to me there has been more TV coverage of the FCS playoffs this year than before. I don't ever remember first round games being broadcast nationally, and quarter final rounds too. A gameday type broadcast from the NC game would be cool, but I'm not holding my breath, and the problem is that there are few if any other games going on the weekend of the FCS NC game, and none the day of the game if on a Friday as it has been in recent years. The ESPN and other network coverage this year is a step in the right direction.

bluehenbillk
December 4th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Deciding a NC on the field would be hook enough for me!

Hey you don't have to sell me on that versus the way stupid 3-letter systems work. Having the game on a Friday night minimizes the game as is. It's all a moot point Gameday is done until New Years', the crew is in Orlando this week for the College Football Awards show.

GoGuins
December 4th, 2006, 05:03 PM
What games will YSU-APPY ST. Be competing with this week?

Here's what is up against ASU-YSU on ESPN @ 4-7 pm EST timeframe

ESPN2 3-5 pm - Dick's Sporting Goods Spartan Clash - Brigham Young vs. Michigan State

ESPN2 5-7 pm - Southeastern Conference Basketball - Georgia Tech vs. Vanderbilt

ESPN Classic 2-5 pm - ESPN2 College Football Primetime - Notre Dame vs. Michigan State

ESPN Classic 5-8 pm - College Football presented by Best Buy - Michigan vs. Ohio State

ESPN Deportes 4-7 pm - Liga Dominicana de Béisbol - Juego de Estrellas Interligas - Puerto Rico vs. Republica Dominicana

ESPNU 4-6 pm - 2006 NCAA Women's Volleyball Championship Presented On ESPNU By Enterprise

YSUalum
December 4th, 2006, 05:09 PM
It seems to me there has been more TV coverage of the FCS playoffs this year than before. I don't ever remember first round games being broadcast nationally, and quarter final rounds too. A gameday type broadcast from the NC game would be cool, but I'm not holding my breath, and the problem is that there are few if any other games going on the weekend of the FCS NC game, and none the day of the game if on a Friday as it has been in recent years. The ESPN and other network coverage this year is a step in the right direction.

ah.... short Memory????

Air McNair vs YSU... Friday after Thanksgiving... 1997.... First round of playoffs.... ESPN!!!!

YSUalum

penguin8797
December 4th, 2006, 05:21 PM
There are no pro football games next Saturday and only one at 8:00 pm on Saturday the 16th. Both FCS semifinal games could have been featured this Saturday back to back with little football competiton except for DII and III playoffs. I suppose Montana-Umass on a Friday night is OK, but the championship could have been played on Saturday the 16th. We have a chance to capture a national audience with FCS football and we're burying the NC game on Friday night again. I wonder how the Friday night ratings have been. If they are that good I'll convert, but until then my Saturday afternoons were made for college football.

penguin8797
December 4th, 2006, 05:24 PM
YSUalum
Not so short a memory my fellow alumni! Better check your memory, that was 12 years ago in '94 when McNair played his final college game. You are correct though, it was a national broadcast. That game was braodcast only due to McNair. No other FCS/D1-AA playoff games were broadcast, unlike this year where I watched ASU/CCU at a bar before the YSU/JMU game, and I do not believe a single first round FCS playoff game was broadcast nationally since then.

YSUalum
December 4th, 2006, 05:28 PM
oops... Pen8797... your so right... 1994....

YSUalum

Grizalltheway
December 4th, 2006, 05:32 PM
The UM-UM game will have very little sports competition on friday, plus most sports bars always have at least one tv on ESPN2. The UMass name will also grab a lot of attention. Hopefully we can get a decent size crowd at wa-griz and show the nation what we've got. :nod:

Peems
December 4th, 2006, 07:26 PM
YSUalum
Not so short a memory my fellow alumni! Better check your memory, that was 12 years ago in '94 when McNair played his final college game. You are correct though, it was a national broadcast. That game was braodcast only due to McNair. No other FCS/D1-AA playoff games were broadcast, unlike this year where I watched ASU/CCU at a bar before the YSU/JMU game, and I do not believe a single first round FCS playoff game was broadcast nationally since then.

last year on ESPN2 they broadcasted Texas St v. Cal Poly in the quarterfinal.

GaSouthern
December 4th, 2006, 07:30 PM
It seems to me there has been more TV coverage of the FCS playoffs this year than before. I don't ever remember first round games being broadcast nationally...

In 2004 and 2005 GSU's first round games/loses were televised nationally :)

YSUalum
December 4th, 2006, 08:16 PM
GaSouthern

I don't know if you know this, but when Tressel took over YSU he used GSU as the model 1AA program. I was sorry to see Erk's passing. He was truly special....

YSUalum