PDA

View Full Version : SLC: How does YOUR team look/outlook

BEAR
September 28th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Alright SLC fans. Time to be honest with yourself. How does your team look so far and how do you see them doing the rest of the year.

I'll start with my UCA Bears.

Game 1- Samford. Got handled pretty easy by Samford. Poor defense and no offense. It looked like the team was trying to figure out how to run the new defense the coaches installed. But a team that averaged 41 ppg last year just didn't show up. Fans were left wondering.

Game 2- Oklahoma State. This FBS game was meant to be a loss according to most. However the defense got its feet under it and held the high flying Cowboy offense to just 10 points in the first half. Both lines blew away the OSU lines all game. Yet the offense still didn't show up. Fans were happy the defense showed up but still confused about the offense. 12 tackles for loss and only 8 points.

Game 3- Northwestern State. UCA has had a problem playing the Demons at Turpin but this game was really over by the second quarter. Offense scored 49 points and dropped 3 TDs on top of it. Defense was solid minus a few long plays. Fans happy both sides of the ball showed up.

Game 4- ACU at UCA. This game will give the Bears a true measure of where they are in the conference. Coach Ken will always have a great game plan of attack and coach Campbell will have to adjust. Bears don't lose much at home and revenge is on their mind. Here's two scenarios for this game. UCA shows up like it did against NWST and wins big. UCA shows up like it did vs. Samford and it gets ugly.

The rest of the year...who knows.

NWST- Bears won
ACU- Bears sneak by the Wildcats
HBU- Bears destroy the Huskies
McNeese- Cowboys slip by
Lamar- Cards win by 14
SLU- Bears find a way
SFA- Bears throttle Clamp Crank
Nicholls- Bears destroy Colonels
SHSU- Bearkats win in Conway

Grades:

Offense: C. Maybe they just realized its time to show up.
Defense: B. Best improvement came from the Oklahoma State game to the NWST game. Keep improving please!
Special Teams: A. solid kicking and punt teams. when your kickoff guy kicks 9 in one game and averages 63 each time...perfect.
Coaching: D. Too many sideline passes. But I'll go more toward a C if they implement the plan against ACU like they did NWST.

Predicted record: 6-5, 6-3 SLC

Now SLC fans..... what about your team?!

SFA 93
September 28th, 2015, 05:34 PM
Prediction - Bitter bear finally gets over Conque at some point and lets it go.

BEAR
September 28th, 2015, 09:27 PM
Prediction - Bitter bear finally gets over Conque at some point and lets it go.

Oh for what reason would I do that? See what I did there? This Bear is all hush hush about crunk... xlolx

McNeese72
September 28th, 2015, 10:06 PM
As far as the Cowboys, who knows????

Game 1: Offense starts slow but the defense holds LSU scoreless for four hours and Leonard Fournette to only 7 yards. ;)

Game 2: Offense starts slow but defense plays great most of the game. But the game is against Incarnate Word. ????

Game 3: Both offense and defense start slow. Defense plays great after the first quarter and offense manages enough offense to win. But it is against a now 0-4 SFA. ????

Game 4: Both the offense and defense have their way and look good. But it is against a Div II Mississippi College team. ????

Next game is against an 0-3 Nicholls team that even lost to Incarnate Word. So, unless we really lay a large egg, that game will not tell us much. ??????

So, who knows what our team looks like or the outlook. We are probably overrated right now.

Doc

Catatonic
September 29th, 2015, 06:58 AM
ACU. Significant losses due to injuries and academics before the season started-Preseason All-SLC tackle Riley Mayfield, Preseason all-conference Kicker Nic Grau, a juco transfer DT who was the starter coming off spring, starting CB Terry Ausborne who started 7 games as a freshman last year. This hurts a team still trying to transition from D2. Still, the Cats will have a decent season. Not spectacular, but ok.

Watch out for ACU in 2016 and especially 2017. We return a ton of talent.

1. Fresno State. Great 1st Quarter and a solid last half of the fourth Quarter. Seemed to fall apart in between. Fresno's implosion since we played them has made this loss look worse than it seemed at the time.

2. HBU. Fast start and a great second half. Unfortunately, Defense let them back in it for much of the first half. A dominating W, but its HBU.

3. SFA. Fast start and a good finish. In between, SFA ran through our D like sliced butter. Good thing for us their D isn't any better than ours. Nice to get a second W.

Looking ahead:

4. UCA. I am sure they have vengeance on their minds after the Cats humiliated the Bears last year. UCA catches us at home. ACU eeks out a W, but not as easily as last year.

Remaining season: W's against UIW, Northern Colorado and NWST unless the Demons discover that in addition to playing 4 other positions Mr Eagan is also a QB. Probable losses to Sam, McNeese, Lamar and SLU, unless we catch one of them napping.

6-5 or 7-4

Sammy94
September 29th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Game 1- L Texas Tech. Hung with a Big XII team that nearly beat the #3 team in the country TCU. Could have won but lost the turnover battle which cost us the game.

Game 2- L Lamar. Where did the team that played in Lubbock go? We were still enjoying our bye week until halftime. 35-14 is a huge hole to dig yourself out of but the last few minutes the Kats made it interesting. If the onside kick that was recovered by the Kats in the end would have went the full 10 yards first the outcome may have been different. Lamar is better than the normal Lamar team but not ready for the SLC crown yet.

Game 3- W HBU. Another lackluster defensive first half against one of the worst teams in the SLC. Halftime must have woke the unit up or Coach Collins got a shape up or ship out notice, whatever it was the defense gave up 15 yards and created 4 turnovers the 2nd half. It turned out to be the blowout I expected.

Rest of the year will depend on which defense shows up to play.
Games at ACU, McNeese, and UCA are concerns

Grades:

Offense: A . The best in the SLC and one of the best in the FCS.
Defense: D. Saw a great unit for a half so far, will it continue???
Special Teams: B. Punter is great, so is the kicker… the rest has not been very impressive.
Coaching: C. Out coached by Lamar, not sure there is a defensive coordinator on the sidelines and we supposedly have 2 of them.

Predicted record: 8-3, 7-2 in SLC

BEAR
September 29th, 2015, 09:00 AM
Grades:

Offense: A . The best in the SLC and one of the best in the FCS.

I second that! If your offense can keep that pace then any team that can't keep that pace will be a W for the Bearkats. The UCA game I'm not sure about because our offense has only shown up for one game and our defense looked pretty stout in two of those games. So who frickin knows. What happened to the days when a fan could be confident about their offense AND defense? Has college football gone that far toward the offense? I mean teams are racking up 500+ yards of offense a game..some like Sam are getting 600.

centexguy
September 29th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Too early to say how good LAMAR is until they play SLU this Thursday.

Game 1, Bacone. Really just a glorified scrimmage with 10 minute 3rd and 4th quarters.

Game 2, @ Baylor. Played against best offense in FBS at over 750 ypg so hard to judge the defense, but did cause TOs. In the past against good FBS teams LU couldn't even score a TD so scoring 31 was a positive sign. Offensive line seems to be playing well despite 3 new starters.

Game 3, @ SHSU. Outscored the 2nd best offense in the FCS. RB Kade Harrington is healthy again and is showing his potential. Special teams no longer a liability and the offense doesn't turn the ball over much. 2 of 3 starting defensive lineman were out so not surprising SHSU was successful in running the ball.

Game 4, @SLU. Both teams coming off a bye week. We'll see how well the offense can move the ball against their defense and find out if LAMAR's offense is for real. Can SLU wear down the Cardinal's defense and run away with a win like last year?

Pretty favorable schedule after this game with home games against ACU, Central Arkansas and McNeese. As always, injuries can change the season. With Joe Minden out for at least a month and walk-on JUCO QB out for the season, an injury to Carson Earp would mean true freshman Bret Cox would takeover at QB.

BEAR
September 29th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Here's the standings so far for teams eligible for the conference title: ACU and UIW are not. Is HBU? They only have 8 conference games!

McNeese 2-0 SLU, NWST and SHSU at home. Nicholls, UCA, ACU, and Lamar on road.
Lamar 1-0 SLU, NWST, HBU, UIW on road, ACU, UCA, Nicholls, McNeese at home.
SLU 1-0 Lamar,SFA, UIW, Nicholls at home. McNeese, HBU, UCA, and ACU on road.
UCA 1-0 HBU, Lamar, and Nicholls on road. ACU, SLU, McNeese, SFA, and Sam Houston at home.
SAM 1-1 SFA, ACU, McNeese and UCA on road. UIW, NWST, and Nicholls at home.
Nicholls 0-1 McNeese, NWST, HBU and UCA at home. SFA, SAM, Lamar, and SLU on road.
NWST 0-2 Lamar, ACU, and SFA at home. UIW, Nicholls, McNeese and Sam on the road.
SFA 0-2 Sam, SLU, UCA, NWST on road. Nicholls, UIW, HBU at home
HBU 0-2 UCA, SLU, Lamar, IUW at home. Nicholls, SFA at home.

Will they count the losses to non-eligible teams toward the conference record for the eligible teams? Did they in 2008? They didn't even count the UCA record back then toward anything.

Of the remaining schedules above from what I can tell this year the order of finish may be:

Lamar- Won over SHSU. Playing strong. Winnable games on road and toughest games at home.
SHSU- Lost to Lamar. Still has UCA and Mcneese on road but can overcome that.
SLU, UCA, McNeese- 3 way tie here. UCA has the tough games at home. McNeese has tough road games. SLU tough lamar home game and UCA and McNeese on road.
SFA- Just too tough of road games looking at how they played at home for the season.
NWST- Home schedule is brutal and away schedule not much better.
Nicholls- Not good road or home.
HBU- whole schedule is a killer. Only 8 conference games.

Daytripper
September 29th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Here's the standings so far for teams eligible for the conference title: ACU and UIW are not. Is HBU? They only have 8 conference games!

UCA 1-0 HBU, Lamar, and Nicholls on road. ACU, SLU, McNeese, SFA, and Sam Houston at home.
Nicholls 0-1 McNeese, NWST, HBU and UCA at home. SFA, SAM, Lamar, and SLU on road.
NWST 0-2 Lamar, ACU, and SFA at home. UIW, Nicholls, McNeese and Sam on the road.

Will they count the losses to non-eligible teams toward the conference record for the eligible teams? Did they in 2008? They didn't even count the UCA record back then toward anything.

Of the remaining schedules above from what I can tell this year the order of finish may be:

Lamar- Won over SHSU. Playing strong. Winnable games on road and toughest games at home.
SLU, UCA, McNeese- 3 way tie here. UCA has the tough games at home. McNeese has tough road games. SLU tough lamar home game and UCA and McNeese on road.
SFA- Just too tough of road games looking at how they played at home for the season.

This really sets up nicely for Lamar. But can they take advantage? Big question, but the SELA game will be a good measuring stick.

Catatonic
September 29th, 2015, 11:33 AM

ACU and UIW will have to be content with playing the role of spoiler for the next two years. We can't go to the playoffs or win the SLC championship. About the best we can hope for is spoiling the chances of other schools. And, yes, I believe wins or losses vs UIW and ACU count toward the SLC standings. So there's that.

BEAR
September 29th, 2015, 11:35 AM
ACU and UIW will have to be content with playing the role of spoiler for the next two years. We can't go to the playoffs or win the SLC championship. About the best we can hope for is spoiling the chances of other schools. And, yes, I believe wins or losses vs UIW and ACU count toward the SLC standings. So there's that.

Strange. Unless ACU has the best conference record and the second place team(s) get the title..then it doesn't count. Wonder why it works both ways. Math...it's not for all of us. xlolx

Catatonic
September 29th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Strange. Unless ACU has the best conference record and the second place team(s) get the title..then it doesn't count. Wonder why it works both ways. Math...it's not for all of us. xlolx

Wins or losses against us count for the rest of you but we could run the table and still wouldn't be eligible. Stats aren't counted on the NCAA FCS page either.....but they are on the SLC site. If either of us is good enough, we can be ranked in several polls.....but still would not be eligible for the playoffs or conference championship till 2017.

BEAR
September 29th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Wins or losses against us count for the rest of you but we could run the table and still wouldn't be eligible. Stats aren't counted on the NCAA FCS page either.....but they are on the SLC site. If either of us is good enough, we can be ranked in several polls.....but still would not be eligible for the playoffs or conference championship till 2017.

I think you are eligible for the conference championship but the SLC will lose its automatic bid into the playoffs..just like in 2008...unless they changed that rule since then.

FRISCO, Texas – The Southland Conference has been notified by the NCAA that the league cannot award its 2008 championship to its reclassifying member Central Arkansas as planned, should the Bears finish the season in the top position of the league’s standings.

By awarding a championship to UCA, or any declaration or reference by the Southland that the institution is the conference champion, the NCAA will revoke the league’s automatic qualification (AQ) into the Division I Football Championship.

Makes you wonder why they don't award it as co'champions AFTER the playoffs so no retribution by the NCAA can happen.

Hood
September 30th, 2015, 04:47 AM
This is not a good team. A lot of holdover from previous regime and still adjusting to the new regime. I'm hoping this 0-3 start is just a first year thing to work out the kinks and get the younger guys acclimated to how things are done.

I'm just exhausted with the whole thing. I've run out of reasons to give people other than "Alumni" as to why I even still bother. UIW loss is the only one that matters out of the 3 losses as the other 2 were FBS shut outs (though not scoring AT ALL is telling).

Home opener is homecoming against McNeese. The stands will be empty, as far as NSU fans go, after halftime. "Yay our person is Homecoming King/Queen lets go home..." while the cowbell racket echoes through Thibodaux.

BEAR
September 30th, 2015, 07:56 AM
This is not a good team. A lot of holdover from previous regime and still adjusting to the new regime. I'm hoping this 0-3 start is just a first year thing to work out the kinks and get the younger guys acclimated to how things are done.

I'm just exhausted with the whole thing. I've run out of reasons to give people other than "Alumni" as to why I even still bother. UIW loss is the only one that matters out of the 3 losses as the other 2 were FBS shut outs (though not scoring AT ALL is telling).

Home opener is homecoming against McNeese. The stands will be empty, as far as NSU fans go, after halftime. "Yay our person is Homecoming King/Queen lets go home..." while the cowbell racket echoes through Thibodaux.

Same here. Wait until Deer season starts. We'll be lucky to get 4k at our game even if its playing against Sam for the conference championship. Sad. Just sad. We usually get our best attendance when the school gives away money to one of the frats/sororities. After its given though they scatter. Plus our athletic admins haven't made tailgating that inviting for the public.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 30th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Even at JMU with an electric team on the field we are dealing with attendance issues. Rain hasn't helped and it won't this weekend either. Tons of students come for the 1st half, then leave to get their drink on I suppose or get ready for Sat. night parties. It's too bad and so difficult to change a culture. FBS teams are also dealing with bad attendance at many schools, so it is not like playing up a level grants your institution immunity from this disease. I do think the age of big screen high def TVs and wide coverage of teams across the country has contributed to a preference to stay home, throw a party and cheer from the comfort of your couch. Too bad...

Daytripper
September 30th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Even at JMU with an electric team on the field we are dealing with attendance issues. Rain hasn't helped and it won't this weekend either. Tons of students come for the 1st half, then leave to get their drink on I suppose or get ready for Sat. night parties. It's too bad and so difficult to change a culture. FBS teams are also dealing with bad attendance at many schools, so it is not like playing up a level grants your institution immunity from this disease. I do think the age of big screen high def TVs and wide coverage of teams across the country has contributed to a preference to stay home, throw a party and cheer from the comfort of your couch. Too bad...

The attendance at SHSU games has been surprisingly good, especially the student turnout. I attribute this the later kickoffs. In the past most SHSU home game kickoffs were at 2 or 3 pm. Both home games this season have been 6 pm kickoffs. It's hot in East Texas in the afternoon. The AD finally figured that out.

katstrapper
October 2nd, 2015, 06:59 AM
The attendance at SHSU games has been surprisingly good, especially the student turnout. I attribute this the later kickoffs. In the past most SHSU home game kickoffs were at 2 or 3 pm. Both home games this season have been 6 pm kickoffs. It's hot in East Texas in the afternoon. The AD finally figured that out.

I have been a season ticket holder since I graduated in the late 80's and early season home games have always been 6pm kickoffs because of the heat for as long as I can remember. As the weather starts to cool, the games move to 2-3pm. Unfortunately, the last several years, the weather has been hot in October and early November.

IMO, I think KCK has pushed the marketing department to get up on campus and promote. Plus, there are over 20k students at SHSU this fall for the first time in its history. Throw in the success of the last 4 years and people start to gravitate to Bowers. The big new scoreboard helps as well.

As far as this season, I am left scratching my head. At worst, this team should be 2-1 and could very easily be 3-0.

Tx Tech -- Kats were in this ballgame the whole day. They had their chances, but 4 turnovers, a kick return for a touchdown and inability to get a stop when needed doomed the team that day. Defense was VERY lackluster, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt because it is hard for any team to stop that Red Raider offense. Kat O outgained Tech in total yards.

Lamar --I think SHSU needs to do away with open dates because this team seems to lose its moxy in a bye week. Lamar O played well, but Kat D was total dog crap ! I blame this loss on defensive coaches and their crappy scheme for this game, and Lamar took advantage . As was said earlier, Lamar is better than normal Lamar this year, but I am still not convinced.

HBU -- At some point, KCK is going to have to put his foot down on this defense. Defense walked around in a daze it appeared in the first half. I think HBU has finally found them a QB, but they are still terrible. Kat O didn't slow down. 727 yds of offense is pretty damn impressive , I don't care who the opponent is.

Remainder of season: I am not worried about the offense. Longo has this group going up and down the field at a sprinters pace. This team will go as the defense goes and this Collins scheme has to go. There is no way you can play man on man on the edges and let everyone else play zone. It blows me away !! Man I miss the days of Scott Stoker defense.

I think Kats will get on another roll and make the playoffs like last year, but they will have to do it with some tough games on the road. This year is shaping up like last year, but if that is the case, this team will only get better as the season goes. Keeler seems to have a way to get them to step up their game !!

Catatonic
October 2nd, 2015, 07:37 AM
Same here. Wait until Deer season starts. We'll be lucky to get 4k at our game even if its playing against Sam for the conference championship. Sad. Just sad. We usually get our best attendance when the school gives away money to one of the frats/sororities. After its given though they scatter. Plus our athletic admins haven't made tailgating that inviting for the public.

Deer season hasn't even started and we are already below 4,000. First home game vs Houston Baptist 7,300. Second game vs SFA 3,500. Fans probably thought, oh, another winless team comes to town. yawn.

On a serious note, the drop in attendance was very likely because of an 11AM start time due to TV, and a very hot day. TV probably hurt as well. Why go sit in a sweat bath when you can watch on TV?

Our next home game is vs Sam Houston. It's Homecoming so attendance will probably be back up. An aside: Who in their right mind schedules the strongest team in the conference for Homecoming?

BEAR
October 2nd, 2015, 07:58 AM
2014- Game before deer season started 11,163
2014- Game after deer season started 5600

2013- Game before deer season started 10,627
2013- Games after deer season started 5427, 4427

SLC Championship year
2012- Game before deer season started 11579
2012- Game after deer season started 6754

2011- Game before deer season started 10,524
2011- Game after deer season started 6500

2010- Game before deer season started 10110
2010- Game after deer season started 5400, 6200

DEER win. xrolleyesx

Nickels
October 2nd, 2015, 01:00 PM
Man I miss the days of Scott Stoker defense.
Me too. Stack the box, bring the heat and play press man on the outside. You couldn't run on us. The only way to beat us is the deep ball. We had one of the best Ds in the FCS for a couple of years doing that. I'm very far from a football guru but our crrent scheme doesn't make much sense to me.

lionsrking2
October 2nd, 2015, 01:31 PM
Me too. Stack the box, bring the heat and play press man on the outside. You couldn't run on us. The only way to beat us is the deep ball. We had one of the best Ds in the FCS for a couple of years doing that. I'm very far from a football guru but our crrent scheme doesn't make much sense to me.

Sam Houston doesn't have the personnel to run that style of defense. You need better players. Your offensive style doesn't help matters either.

McNeese72
October 2nd, 2015, 05:17 PM

That sounds like a Lance Guidry type of defense. We've been upgrading our players on defense, hopefully we can run it without getting burned too often. It's worked so far but we haven't played anybody good, yet.

Doc

Nickels
October 2nd, 2015, 07:16 PM
Sam Houston doesn't have the personnel to run that style of defense. You need better players. Your offensive style doesn't help matters either.
Our personnel now is ahead of what it was in 2011-2012 but I could see why an outsider would think otherwise.

McNeese75
October 2nd, 2015, 07:46 PM
Yall need to send #80 back to ULL

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Hood
October 2nd, 2015, 08:21 PM
Hope all of your McNeese fans traveling to Thibodaux have a safe trip.

lionsrking2
October 2nd, 2015, 08:30 PM
Yall need to send #80 back to ULL

We'll keep him, thanks.

McNeese75
October 2nd, 2015, 08:44 PM
Great i look forward to more of those outstanding near catches next week

lionsrking2
October 2nd, 2015, 09:27 PM
Great i look forward to more of those outstanding near catches next week

Be careful what you wish for. xeyebrowx

McNeese75
October 2nd, 2015, 09:53 PM
Hope all of your McNeese fans traveling to Thibodaux have a safe trip.
In N.O. now and will drive in tomorrow

McNeese75
October 4th, 2015, 06:19 PM
Be careful what you wish for. xeyebrowx

If he catches like he did against Lamar I will be quite content. The Lions won't get a no call on a targeting hit (like against the Larmar RB) at the end of the game in Lake Charles.

lionsrking2
October 4th, 2015, 06:29 PM
If he catches like he did against Lamar I will be quite content. The Lions won't get a no call on a targeting hit (like against the Larmar RB) at the end of the game in Lake Charles.

It wasn't targeting, that's why there was no call.

McNeese75
October 4th, 2015, 07:30 PM
It wasn't targeting, that's why there was no call.

xthumbsupx You are correct, it wasn't called. Fine example of swallowing a whistle xcoffeex

lionsrking2
October 4th, 2015, 07:37 PM
xthumbsupx You are correct, it wasn't called. Fine example of swallowing a whistle xcoffeex

You may wanna brush up on the targeting rules. xcoffeex

Samalum'10
October 4th, 2015, 07:38 PM
That sounds like a Lance Guidry type of defense. We've been upgrading our players on defense, hopefully we can run it without getting burned too often. It's worked so far but we haven't played anybody good, yet.

Doc
I'd be more than happy to help the defense out and send Collins back to y'all ;)

McNeese75
October 4th, 2015, 07:38 PM
I'm good, thanks for your concern.

BEAR
October 4th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Why the SLC didn't pick the SLU and McNeese game to televise is beyond me.

UCA at HBU....really?

They usually get it right. Now McNeese at UCA the next week would be stellar.

lionsrking2
October 4th, 2015, 08:31 PM

UCA at HBU....really?

It was picked for Cox Sports TV before the season.

McNeese75
October 5th, 2015, 09:01 AM
I'd be more than happy to help the defense out and send Collins back to y'all ;)

Y'all keep saying that. We told ya when you stole him (xlolx) no indian giving :D

Obviously Senor Sunglasses thinks he is a gem cause he is still the DC xeyebrowx

SFA 93
October 5th, 2015, 05:31 PM
SFA has at least found their RB for the next 3 seasons.

We were really lucky to get Loren Easly who was an unanimous 6A First Team All-District selection from football powerhouse Westside in Houston.

FBS schools including SFA were calling on him (Conque didn't think we could get him) but he had a bad knee injury (thus the reason for the knee brace) his senior season and SFA stayed with him when the others walked away.

RB:#32
Loren Easly
5-11
Fr.
ATT:40;YDS:364;AVG:9.1;TD:2/REC:1;YDS:1;TD:0

n

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQk4SsYVEAAHguP.jpg:large

SFA 93
October 5th, 2015, 06:03 PM
SFA @ Southeastern Louisiana will be broadcasted on Fox College Sports

McTailGator
October 5th, 2015, 07:04 PM

UCA at HBU....really?

McNeese would not have changed the start time to 3:pm anyway.

Cox will gladly televise it at 6.

Samalum'10
October 5th, 2015, 07:46 PM
Y'all keep saying that. We told ya when you stole him (xlolx) no indian giving :D

Obviously Senor Sunglasses thinks he is a gem cause he is still the DC xeyebrowx
Yeah yeah.... If he's the DC come next year, I'll be at a loss for words.

I'm almost certain Todd Whitten could do better, it's that bad.

McNeese75
October 5th, 2015, 07:50 PM
You are preachin to the Choir 10

BEAR
October 5th, 2015, 08:56 PM
I'm writing the SLC review/ preview and the SLC pickem tonight. Been busy beyond belief baby!

BEAR
October 5th, 2015, 09:16 PM
So how is Sam Denmark of ACU NOT the SLC defensive player of the week? 21 total tackles. He wasn't even considered. Shame.

Nickels
October 6th, 2015, 02:03 AM
Yeah yeah.... If he's the DC come next year, I'll be at a loss for words.

I'm almost certain Todd Whitten could do better, it's that bad.
It was pretty telling when Fritz tried to take everyone when he left except Collins.

Catatonic
October 6th, 2015, 06:08 AM
So how is Sam Denmark of ACU NOT the SLC defensive player of the week? 21 total tackles. He wasn't even considered. Shame.

Thanks, but I don't think any player on our team deserved consideration this week. Denmark was D player of the week the previous week and rightly so. Not so much vs UCA. Our d is set up for linebackers to make tackles. Our D tackle Bloom drew double teams all day long, which should have freed Denmark to move up and make tackles in the gaps. That didn't happen. 21 tackles after your backs had gained huge chunks of yardage didn't help us much.

Sammy94
October 6th, 2015, 06:38 AM
SFA has at least found their RB for the next 3 seasons.

Don't get to excited. Sam's defense makes every back look like a Payton Award candidate. Who runs the rock for IWU? They are next in line.

Samalum'10
October 6th, 2015, 03:23 PM
It was pretty telling when Fritz tried to take everyone when he left except Collins.
True story

SFA 93
October 6th, 2015, 06:19 PM
Easly was doing it before Sam.