PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Southern Conference Power Rankings/Predictions - Week Five.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 27th, 2015, 10:39 AM
I was 4-2 last week. Samford gave Louisville their first win while ETSU has yet to win their first game. Here's where I have it this week:

1) Chattanooga - Hosed Presybterian.
2) Furman - Avenged last season's loss to VMI.
3) Samford - Got hammered by Louisville.
4) Wofford - Took care of business against Gardner-Webb.
5) The Citadel - Gave ETSU another reason why they should hire Jamey Chadwell as their next head coach.
6) Western Carolina - Healing up from the previous week's beatdown.
7) Mercer - Bears resting up for another run.
8) VMI - Could there be hope in Lexington?
East Tennessee State - Torbush had better find a way to win games or he will find himself out of a job.

Predictions
Bucknell @ VMI - Bison win in a close one.
Presbyterian @ Western Carolina - Catamounts avenge last season's loss.
Wofford @ Mercer (Game of the Week) - Terriers pickup a win on the road.
South Carolina State @ Furman - Paladins takedown Bulldogs at home
St. Francis (PA) @ ETSU - Bucs find a way to lose again.

The Cats
September 27th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Power ranking -
1) Chattanooga
2) Samford
3) Furman
4) The Citadel
5) Wofford
6) Western Carolina
7) VMI
8) Mercer

Predictions
Bucknell @ VMI - Keydets in a close on
Presbyterian @ Western Carolina - There is still hope in Cullowhee
Wofford @ Mercer - The Terriers ground out another win
South Carolina State @ Furman - Paladins win

Bonus -
St. Francis @ ETSU - I won't pick the Bucs anymore this season

kdinva
September 27th, 2015, 11:16 AM
Bucknell 26 @ VMI 34
Presbyterian 17 @ Western Carolina 33
Wofford 24 @ Mercer 21
South Carolina State 16 @ Furman 27
St. Francis (PA) 30 @ ETSU 20

LarryBoy
September 27th, 2015, 11:27 AM
1) Chattanooga - The unquestioned king of the hill.

2) Furman - Got a conference win and avenged last year's loss in less-than-ideal conditions. Defense played well, offense did not.
3) Samford - A little surprised this one got so far away from them. Defense looking like a fatal flaw.
4) Wofford - Got the Gardner-Webb monkey off their back.

5) The Citadel - Trending down, but CSU is no pushover. Still a chance to make some noise.
6) Western Carolina - In need of some momentum against PC.
7) Mercer - A sorely-needed off week to prepare for Wofford. But don't sleep on the Bears.
8) VMI - Up, and now down, as Cobb goes.
East Tennessee State - Nope.

Bucknell - 17
VMI - 38

PC - 9
Western Carolina - 21

Wofford - 30
Mercer - 24

SC State - 13
Furman - 24

CID1990
September 27th, 2015, 11:57 AM
1) Chattanooga - The unquestioned king of the hill.
–
–
–
–
–
–
2) Furman - Got a conference win and avenged last year's loss in less-than-ideal conditions. Defense played well, offense did not.
3) Samford - A little surprised this one got so far away from them. Defense looking like a fatal flaw.
4) Wofford - Got the Gardner-Webb monkey off their back.
–
–
5) The Citadel - Trending down, but CSU is no pushover. Still a chance to make some noise.
6) Western Carolina - In need of some momentum against PC.
7) Mercer - A sorely-needed off week to prepare for Wofford. But don't sleep on the Bears.
8) VMI - Up, and now down, as Cobb goes.
East Tennessee State - Nope.

Bucknell - 17
VMI - 38

PC - 9
Western Carolina - 21

Wofford - 30
Mercer - 24

SC State - 13
Furman - 24

We were a one trick pony and CSu exposed it. If we dont make some changes we wont win another game, and vmi gets the silver shako

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OL FU
September 27th, 2015, 12:36 PM
1. Chattanooga
2. Samford
3. Wofford
4. Furman
5. The Citadel
6. Western Carolina
7. Mercer
8. VMI

I only moved two teams Wofford up Furman down. I do like LarryBoy's groupings which probably make more sense at this point. But it may still be better to pick the masses and group 2-8 together.

Predictions
Bucknell @ VMI
Presbyterian @ Western Carolina
Wofford @ Mercer
South Carolina State @ Furman

PaladinFan
September 27th, 2015, 12:36 PM
(1) UTC: Has not looked as strong as expected, but still the top until they lose a conference game.
(2) Furman: Looking strong on defense and in the kicking game. Need the offense to catch up.
(3) Samford: Down a spot from last week. At the end of the day, Furman has played better against a tougher schedule.
(4) Wofford: Nice win over Gardner Webb. Have to deal with a Mercer team geared up to beat them.
(5) WCU: Coming off an offweek, time to get the ship heading in the right direction.
(6) VMI: Keydets are not a push over. The team I saw tackles well and has a QB that is arguably the best passer in the league.
(7) the Citadel: Has a key conference win, but cannot seem to get out of their own way.
(8) Mercer: Leads the conference in most statistical categories, but their best win this season is over a winless team that has been outscored 178-33.

VMI over Bucknell
Furman over SCSU
Wofford over Mercer
WCU over PC

ElCid
September 27th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Power Rankings
1. UTC: Quietly took care of business
2. Furman: Pulled it out and held on, might be coming into focus
3. Wofford: Nothing spectacular, but got it done
4. Samford: Got beat down 2 weeks in a row by good teams
5. WCU: Probably sat and wondered how they lost to the Dogs
6. VMI: Kudos to the Keydets even in the loss
7. Mercer: Sat and dreamed about beating Reinhardt
8. The Citadel: We suck; if we continue to play like we did this week, we will not win another game; execution was poor; play calling was sophmoric, penalties were untimely, turnovers are killing any moment we happen to eke out; and no I am not being overly harsh, go watch the replay and get a laugh

Predictions
Bucknell at VMI - VMI is hot and cold but they are hungry at home - 27-21
Presbyterian at WCU - Back at home, the Cats try to recover - 31-10
Wofford at Mercer - Still not entirely sure of them but they should win - 26-17
SC St at Furman - Which Furple team will show up? - 28-20

CSU18
September 27th, 2015, 03:15 PM
El Cid ain't that bad. People just need to give CSU and the Big South a little more credit than they get (especially the Big South - still need to see more out of CSU this year to make a determination on exactly how good they are). Top to bottom the Big South is not as awful as most think. PC vs Chatty (who's supposed to be the tops of the SoCon) wasn't a blowout. Not saying it wasn't a convincing win either. I'd love to see El Cid do some damage in the SoCon - it only helps CSU's win look that much better.

Mocs123
September 27th, 2015, 03:28 PM
The Big South isn't as bad as some people think.

The Chattanooga vs Presbyterian game wasn't near as close as the score though. They have a pretty good defense but there offense wasn't very strong.

Coastal is as strong as anyone in the SoCon (though I hope we get our chance to knock them off in the playoffs.).

I don't think El CID is that bad the best a WCU team that I think that the catamounts are a pretty talented team.

BearDownMU
September 27th, 2015, 03:32 PM
Power Rankings
7. Mercer: Sat and dreamed about beating Reinhardt
8. The Citadel: We suck; if we continue to play like we did this week, we will not win another game; execution was poor; play calling was sophmoric, penalties were untimely, turnovers are killing any moment we happen to eke out; and no I am not being overly harsh, go watch the replay and get a laugh

Predictions

Those Reinhardt W's were sweet.

chattanoogamocs
September 27th, 2015, 03:37 PM
El Cid ain't that bad. People just need to give CSU and the Big South a little more credit than they get (especially the Big South - still need to see more out of CSU this year to make a determination on exactly how good they are). Top to bottom the Big South is not as awful as most think. PC vs Chatty (who's supposed to be the tops of the SoCon) wasn't a blowout. Not saying it wasn't a convincing win either. I'd love to see El Cid do some damage in the SoCon - it only helps CSU's win look that much better.

I think a lot of SoCon fans still discount how much better the Big South is overall than in the past (I think part of that has to do with a lot of small stadiums in comparison)...I know a number of Chattanooga fans openly questioned why we would play Presbyterian at all, thinking the Mocs program is too good to be playing in Clinton. I do not subscribe to that point of view personally, though I will say, all things being equal, I would rather see the Mocs playing middle of the pack OVC teams that Chattanooga fans have heard of, instead of middle of the pack Big South teams. But it is what it is, both teams needed a series and the dates were open.

As for the game, last night had all the makings of an ugly game. Poor weather, a long drive for the Mocs, a late start time...not to mention playing in a stadium that feels like it is in the middle of nowhere in front of tepid crowd of 3,500. Bottom line is, Presbyterian only managed 117 yards of offense and zero points. It might have looked close on the scoreboard because Chattanooga only scored 21, but it wasn't really close.

FUBeAR
September 27th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Power Rankings
7. Mercer: Sat and dreamed about beating, currently undefeated (4-0) and nationally-ranked (19th last week), Reinhardt

Predictions

FIFY

CSU18
September 27th, 2015, 03:39 PM
This is why I'd love to see the SoCon and Big South combine (minus a few Big South teams). Geograp

PaladinFan
September 27th, 2015, 04:06 PM
This is why I'd love to see the SoCon and Big South combine (minus a few Big South teams). Geograp

the single reason that might happen is because the Big South is no longer awful as a football conference. There are probably 100 reasons why it won't happen.

The Cats
September 27th, 2015, 04:43 PM
the single reason that might happen is because the Big South is no longer awful as a football conference. There are probably 100 reasons why it won't happen.

The SoCon absorbing the football playing schools from the BS would never get the vote of The Citadel.

Were it to happen, the Bulldogs would have to play CSU every season, every other year at CSU. As it stands now, it might happen again in 20 or 30 years. xrotatehx

SCPALADIN
September 27th, 2015, 05:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IiHRSBAMwU

catamount man
September 27th, 2015, 05:24 PM
1) Chatt - until they get beat, they are still SoCon king
2) Wofford
3) Samford
4) Furman
5) Citadel
6) WCU
7) VMI
8) Mercer

ElCid
September 27th, 2015, 06:00 PM
My sentiments were not necessarily derived from the level of any other team other than my Bulldogs. CSU may be half way decent, but it does not matter. Our problems were internal. It did not matter if it was Ga So last week or CSU this week, we can't expect to win if we keep committing the same errors over and over again. Maybe we have a couple players slow on the uptake. The coach needs to cure it now or we will be in for a long season.

chattanoogamocs
September 27th, 2015, 11:10 PM
SATURDAY'S STAT

Presbyterian had 8 yards on 18 plays in the second half, netting one first down. Their six possessions ended in four three-and-outs, a pick-six and a five-play drive that ended in a punt.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/college/story/2015/sep/27/sunday-rewind-utc-21-presbyterian-0/327414/

bonarae
September 27th, 2015, 11:48 PM
VMI
WCU
Wofford
Furman
St. Francis PA

CID1990
September 28th, 2015, 01:59 AM
The SoCon absorbing the football playing schools from the BS would never get the vote of The Citadel.

Were it to happen, the Bulldogs would have to play CSU every season, every other year at CSU. As it stands now, it might happen again in 20 or 30 years. xrotatehx

Hey look! Another variation on the "The Citadel controls the SoCon" argument.

Use some common sense. OF COURSE El Cid would oppose a merger- WCU would oppose UNC-A coming to the SoCon for the same reasons so spare us the poormouthing.

The fact is that schools that give a damn about APR (that would be just about every school in the SoCon - with an ironic exception) would oppose a merger because APR in the BSC is a dumpster fire. Furman, Wofford, Mercer and the rest don't recruit retards and don't want to compete against schools that do. So save your "Citadel is the Borg" crap

PaladinFan
September 28th, 2015, 08:17 AM
Hey look! Another variation on the "The Citadel controls the SoCon" argument.

Use some common sense. OF COURSE El Cid would oppose a merger- WCU would oppose UNC-A coming to the SoCon for the same reasons so spare us the poormouthing.

The fact is that schools that give a damn about APR (that would be just about every school in the SoCon - with an ironic exception) would oppose a merger because APR in the BSC is a dumpster fire. Furman, Wofford, Mercer and the rest don't recruit retards and don't want to compete against schools that do. So save your "Citadel is the Borg" crap

Probably an exaggeration, but I doubt anything would happen in the SoCon without the Citadel and Furman first consenting to it.

I guess that's the sway you get when you've been in the conference since 1936.

*Had not realized that VMI joined the conference in 1924. I forget how long they left, but they may still be the longest tenured member.

CID1990
September 28th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Probably an exaggeration, but I doubt anything would happen in the SoCon without the Citadel and Furman first consenting to it.

I guess that's the sway you get when you've been in the conference since 1936.

*Had not realized that VMI joined the conference in 1924. I forget how long they left, but they may still be the longest tenured member.

Frankly, the only reason Furman consented to the Wofford addition was because of the academic standards. Furman knew they weren't going to be dealing with recruiting against a Valdosta State in their backyard.

Thats the easy and quick way to become the Vanderbilt or Wake Forest of your conference in football.

Catamount87
September 28th, 2015, 12:35 PM
Power Rankings
1. Chattanooga - still top dog but I think a bit vulnerable
2. Samford - hit a big bump last week but still tough
3.(tie) Furman, Wofford, The Citadel, WCU - once again a logjam here
7. Mercer - not to far from joining the logjam but still too far away
8. VMI - give that O a complimentary D and the logjam better watch out
9. ETSU - very disappointing so far given the coaching pedigree involved

PredictionsBucknell @ VMI - Air VMI goes for a bombing raid
Presbyterian @ Western Carolina - Payback time
Wofford @ Mercer (Game of the Week) - Terriers keep the bears out of the logjam
South Carolina State @ Furman - The Dins get it done
St. Francis (PA) @ ETSU - my SoCon homer pick

Mocs123
September 28th, 2015, 07:49 PM
Bucknell 31
VMI 35

Presbyterian 13
Western Carolina 24

Wofford 38 - Game of the Week
Mercer 28

South Carolina State 14
Furman 24

St. Francis 31
ETSU 21

This is another big week for OOC play and the SoCon needs to step up and take care of business.

1.) Chattanooga - Another strong game by the Defense. Offense moved the ball but left points on the table.
2.) Furman - Strange game for Furman. I didn’t expect them to struggle so much against the Keydets. Furman continues to have offensive woes, but anchored by a strong D.
3.) Samford - Beatdown by Louisville - I thought they would score some points against the Cardinals.
4.) Wofford - Pitched a shutout against a Big South team. Wofford D Showing some life
5.) Citadel - Killing themselves with mistakes and turnovers
6.) Western Carolina - Had a bye week to get ready for a revenge game against Presbyterian.
7.) Mercer - Had a bye to get ready for the triple option attack of the Terriers.
8.) VMI - Put up a great fight against a good Furman team.
9.) ETSU - Can the Bucs pick up their first win this week?

PaladinFan
September 29th, 2015, 07:00 AM
Bucknell 31
VMI 35

Presbyterian 13
Western Carolina 24

Wofford 38 - Game of the Week
Mercer 28

South Carolina State 14
Furman 24

St. Francis 31
ETSU 21

This is another big week for OOC play and the SoCon needs to step up and take care of business.

1.) Chattanooga - Another strong game by the Defense. Offense moved the ball but left points on the table.
2.) Furman - Strange game for Furman. I didn’t expect them to struggle so much against the Keydets. Furman continues to have offensive woes, but anchored by a strong D.
3.) Samford - Beatdown by Louisville - I thought they would score some points against the Cardinals.
4.) Wofford - Pitched a shutout against a Big South team. Wofford D Showing some life
5.) Citadel - Killing themselves with mistakes and turnovers
6.) Western Carolina - Had a bye week to get ready for a revenge game against Presbyterian.
7.) Mercer - Had a bye to get ready for the triple option attack of the Terriers.
8.) VMI - Put up a great fight against a good Furman team.
9.) ETSU - Can the Bucs pick up their first win this week?

VMI was better than anticipated. Furman has definitely got some issues on offense. Lot of dropped passes, drive killing penalties, stupid mistakes, predictable play calling. That has been a fairly consistent theme through the first four weeks, unfortunately.

Fortunately for Furman, our defense appears to be good enough to keep teams from scoring while our offense continues to "find itself." At least we are better than last year and can actually pick up a first down or two before punting it away.

CID1990
September 29th, 2015, 07:05 AM
VMI was better than anticipated. Furman has definitely got some issues on offense. Lot of dropped passes, drive killing penalties, stupid mistakes, predictable play calling. That has been a fairly consistent theme through the first four weeks, unfortunately.

Fortunately for Furman, our defense appears to be good enough to keep teams from scoring while our offense continues to "find itself." At least we are better than last year and can actually pick up a first down or two before punting it away.

If things stay typical for the SoCon we will get stuffed by teams with no defense, and then come furmen time we will run wild all over you for 700 yards and then we'll go into overtime tied at 54-54.

I am beginning to think that the one thing that characterizes FCS football is inconsistency and unpredictability.

PaladinFan
September 29th, 2015, 07:37 AM
If things stay typical for the SoCon we will get stuffed by teams with no defense, and then come furmen time we will run wild all over you for 700 yards and then we'll go into overtime tied at 54-54.

I am beginning to think that the one thing that characterizes FCS football is inconsistency and unpredictability.

I have stopped trying to predict Furman games against the Citadel.

The "new" SoCon has taken some getting used to for me. Conference used to be top heavy with teams that could play and beat any team, any time, anywhere. Now, the overall talent level is more evenly spread, and the conference has 8 competitive football teams. It really would not shock me to see anyone in this conference beat anybody else.

PaladinNation
September 29th, 2015, 08:15 AM
I have stopped trying to predict Furman games against the Citadel.

The "new" SoCon has taken some getting used to for me. Conference used to be top heavy with teams that could play and beat any team, any time, anywhere. Now, the overall talent level is more evenly spread, and the conference has 8 competitive football teams. It really would not shock me to see anyone in this conference beat anybody else.

Obviously were going to know the Furman story in the next two weeks… SCST and UTC are up next.

Not looking ahead but the UTC | FU matchup should be nasty. Gillenwater is a not a typically Furman DC, thank goodness.
I'm really looking forward to Huseman and the UTC o-line matchup against the FU d-line and the big three Furman linebackers.
With Rider (6-2 225) and Johnson (6-2 231) you have a great linebacking duo, and those two are playing really well.
The interesting piece is Magwood (6-2 232), it seems he has one side of the field to himself, and he lit Cobb up.
What has us Furman fans excited is finally we're seeing a defense that gets stronger in the fourth quarter.
We'll see come gameday with the Mocs, if that's real.

PaladinFan
September 29th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Obviously were going to know the Furman story in the next two weeks… SCST and UTC are up next.

Not looking ahead but the UTC | FU matchup should be nasty. Gillenwater is a not a typically Furman DC, thank goodness.
I'm really looking forward to Huseman and the UTC o-line matchup against the FU d-line and the big three Furman linebackers.
With Rider (6-2 225) and Johnson (6-2 231) you have a great linebacking duo, and those two are playing really well.
The interesting piece is Magwood (6-2 232), it seems he has one side of the field to himself, and he lit Cobb up.
What has us Furman fans excited is finally we're seeing a defense that gets stronger in the fourth quarter.
We'll see come gameday with the Mocs, if that's real.

It has been fun to watch. They do seem to amp up the pressure and the pace as the game goes along.

This is not a "soft zone" bend and don't break defense. They come after you from every direction, have two corners that can cover anyone's best receiver man to man and three linebackers that are all over the field. I was a bit concerned about the DL coming into the season, but those guys play like they have been shot out of a cannon.

That said, Furman needs to take care of the Orangeburg Bulldogs first. UTC can wait.

kdinva
September 29th, 2015, 09:04 AM
....This is not a "soft zone" bend and don't break defense. They come after you from every direction, have two corners that can cover anyone's best receiver man to man and three linebackers that are all over the field.

I noticed that this past Saturday......Furman's back seven gave Cobb fits most of the game...

tenNesseeCat
September 29th, 2015, 09:14 AM
1) Chattanooga - Still on top
2) Samford - Until 3-8 change that
3) Furman - The squeaker over VMI still makes me wonder about their O.
4) Wofford - I wonder how much the injury bug will influence them?
5) The Citadel - Are here because they beat WCU.
6) Western Carolina - Are here because they lost to The Citadel.
7) VMI - Stayed close vs Furman
8) Mercer - Haven't been as solid as I thought they would be.
East Tennessee State - sad

Predictions
Bucknell @ VMI - Go get that W!!! 27-24
Presbyterian @ Western Carolina - The Cats offense plays better against a solid PC defense. 24-16
Wofford @ Mercer - Mercer will hate the option as much as I do. 31-17
South Carolina State @ Furman - Furman wins another close one. 20-14
St. Francis (PA) @ ETSU - I'm not picking ETSU anymore.

PaladinFan
September 29th, 2015, 09:27 AM
I noticed that this past Saturday......Furman's back seven gave Cobb fits most of the game...

I was surprised at how well they were able to affect the VMI passing game. Outside of one 50/50 ball in the first half, Furman held an explosive passing game in check all afternoon by and large.

The Cats
September 29th, 2015, 04:31 PM
bump

PaladinFan
September 30th, 2015, 06:11 AM
Game notes for the Furman/SCSU game indicates over the last two games (UCF and VMI) Furman's defense has allowed an average of 274 ypg, 47.9% completion, 5 interceptions, forced 6 turnovers, and allowed only 10 second half points.

That'll do.

PaladinNation
September 30th, 2015, 06:18 AM
Game notes for the Furman/SCSU game indicates over the last two games (UCF and VMI) Furman's defense has allowed an average of 274 ypg, 47.9% completion, 5 interceptions, forced 6 turnovers, and allowed only 10 second half points.

That'll do.

I'm lazy but curious Paladin Fan… I can't find the game notes posted for the SCST game.
How many yards has Furman given up in the second half (UCF and VMI)?

PaladinFan
September 30th, 2015, 06:57 AM
I'm lazy but curious Paladin Fan… I can't find the game notes posted for the SCST game.
How many yards has Furman given up in the second half (UCF and VMI)?

Good question.

Game recap says they surrendered 112 to UCF and my math suggests 185 to VMI. Both VMI and UCF managed one scoring drive in the second half which accounted for much of their team's yardage.

Milktruck74
September 30th, 2015, 07:10 AM
Furman scares me. I'm glad we have an extra week to prepare for this one. The Defense is starting to click and our O is finding itself. It's time to be in mid-season form!!! No more excuses, just play and win!!!!

PaladinFan
September 30th, 2015, 07:58 AM
Furman scares me. I'm glad we have an extra week to prepare for this one. The Defense is starting to click and our O is finding itself. It's time to be in mid-season form!!! No more excuses, just play and win!!!!

Furman will have back to back games against teams coming off bye weeks. Yet to be determined what sort of difference that makes.

I'm not sure having two weeks to prepare for Furman will be a significant advantage. Furman does not do anything unorthodox on either side of the ball. They are a bit like UTC, defense is keeping things manageable while the offense finds itself.

I am hopefully optimistic that UTC will actually see Furman's starting quarterback for the first time since 2012. The Mocs only saw Hannon once--when he a true freshman.

PaladinNation
September 30th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Furman will have back to back games against teams coming off bye weeks. Yet to be determined what sort of difference that makes.

I'm not sure having two weeks to prepare for Furman will be a significant advantage. Furman does not do anything unorthodox on either side of the ball. They are a bit like UTC, defense is keeping things manageable while the offense finds itself.

I am hopefully optimistic that UTC will actually see Furman's starting quarterback for the first time since 2012. The Mocs only saw Hannon once--when he a true freshman.

Furman has to take care of Business against the Dogs. Then let's get it on…

Have a ton of respect for UTC and Huseman… helluva QB fits the Furman mold IMO.

Like Paladin Fan said… I hope this game is played by both teams at full strength.
I think this could be the most physical game played in the SOCON this year.

Toby
September 30th, 2015, 03:37 PM
Current Massey Composite Rankings comparing last week to this week and delta.

1. UTC 7, 10, -3
2. Wofford 36, 32, +4
3. Samford 17, 35, -18
4. Furman 34, 37, -3
5. Citadel 31, 53, -22
6. Mercer 64, 66, -2
7. WCU 59, 72, -13
8. VMI 96, 88, +8
9. ETSU 119, 119, 0

Milktruck74
September 30th, 2015, 04:14 PM

I always appreciate the way FU plays...as I told Jimmy Lindsey at the begining of the season, I hope you win all but one!!!!!

FUBeAR
September 30th, 2015, 04:54 PM
I always appreciate the way FU plays

Yep - I just hope that Hannon's shoulder is not going to be as sore on Saturday as PaladinFan's and PaladinNation's must be by now.

https://purabuenaondablog.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/pat-300x228.gif

PaladinNation
September 30th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Yep - I just hope that Hannon's shoulder is not going to be as sore on Saturday as PaladinFan's and PaladinNation's must be by now.

https://purabuenaondablog.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/pat-300x228.gif

Ahh!! FUBeAR sorry we didn't include you… in the Furman love festxdrunkyx

jsnow84
September 30th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Go Keydets.

citdog
September 30th, 2015, 09:57 PM

That'll do.

Impressive sucking by your defense.

woffordgrad94
October 1st, 2015, 06:21 AM
1. Chattanooga: #1 until they lose
2. Furman: underrated; will challenge Mocs
3. Samford: appears to be best of the rest
4. Wofford: inconsistencies and injuries hurting
5. The Citadel: again, inconsistencies
6. VMI: not a doormat; Cobb is real deal
7. WCU: most disappointing team so far
8. Mercer: still yet to really prove anything
9. ETSU: long long way to go here

chattownmocs
October 1st, 2015, 07:31 AM
I would love to say we wont be hearing how great Furman is in 10 days, but no matter how badly chattnooga bludgeons them, they won't stfu.

The Cats
October 1st, 2015, 07:39 AM
7. WCU: most disappointing team so far

It's actually worse than that.......

SCPALADIN
October 1st, 2015, 07:52 AM
I would love to say we wont be hearing how great Furman is in 10 days, but no matter how badly chattnooga bludgeons them, they won't stfu.

Says the guy who hasn't shut up about his own team's apparent awesomeness over the past 5 years...

OL FU
October 1st, 2015, 08:20 AM
Bruce Fowler is 21-30 at Furman. Your program sucks! Your team sucks! You just beat VMI by a fg at home. Why are you guys trying to hype up a beatdown at Chattanooga?

I am thinking you might be a little delusional about Furman fan's delusionsxeyebrowx

chattownmocs
October 1st, 2015, 08:30 AM
Bruce Fowler is 22-30 at Furman. Your program sucks! You just beat VMI by a fg at home. Why are you guys trying to hype up a beatdown at Chattanooga?

SCPALADIN
October 1st, 2015, 09:08 AM
Bruce Fowler is 22-30 at Furman. Your program sucks! You just beat VMI by a fg at home. Why are you guys trying to hype up a beatdown at Chattanooga?

Crawl back into your hole chattown...or your mom's basement. True, we've had a rough past four years. I'll take that over Chattanooga's cumulative history of mediocrity, or worse. When you've sniffed a National Championship you'll have earned the right to call out an entire program.

PaladinFan
October 1st, 2015, 09:10 AM
Read what was said, not what you think was said.

Furman has objectively had really strong games on defense the last two weeks. Most fans concede that Furman's offense is struggling, but the defense has been really good. Those are pretty objective statements that I think virtually anyone without an axe to grind would make. You can watch a game and see that.

Every team has "closer than expected" games at home. Perhaps you forgot about UTC's 7 point win over Mercer last season?

I will put Furman's program up against UTC's program every single day of the week and twice on Saturday.

- - - Updated - - -

Crawl back into your hole chattown...or your mom's basement. True, we've had a rough past four years. I'll take that over Chattanooga's cumulative history of mediocrity, or worse.

village idiot gonna village idiot.

chattownmocs
October 1st, 2015, 09:36 AM
Furmans program is historically stronger. Currently its reversed, and there is no sign its changing. But apparently it doesn't take much to convince yourselves or a few other desperate fan bases that you are primed to go into Finley and win. But coming from people who think the UTC-Presbyterian game was close, it will probably be a real nail biter.

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2015, 09:36 AM
Hopefully the Paladins can take care of business this week to set up what should be a really good SoCon heavyweight matchup next week in Nooga

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2015, 09:55 AM
FU all the time!!

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2015, 09:56 AM

You guys barely beat Mars Hill this year, give it a rest, this thing will be decided on the field

Mocs123
October 1st, 2015, 10:00 AM
Furman has a good team and a terrific defense. You could make the argument they have 3 all conference linebackers. Their back 7 are as good as anyone in the league and that includes Chattanooga.

Hannon seems like he has been there for 10 years. He has experience. I keep waiting for the Paladin offense to get it together.

I had Furman second in the conference preseason (and do currently). I picked a close game prior to the season starting and had Chattanooga winning 24-21.

Hopefully Furman wins for the SoCon this week and then we take some of the win out of your sails the following week.

PaladinFan
October 1st, 2015, 02:21 PM
Furman has a good team and a terrific defense. You could make the argument they have 3 all conference linebackers. Their back 7 are as good as anyone in the league and that includes Chattanooga.

Hannon seems like he has been there for 10 years. He has experience. I keep waiting for the Paladin offense to get it together.

I had Furman second in the conference preseason (and do currently). I picked a close game prior to the season starting and had Chattanooga winning 24-21.

Hopefully Furman wins for the SoCon this week and then we take some of the win out of your sails the following week.

I said this going into the season, but UTC is the team to beat. I do not think the gap is as wide this year between UTC and "the pack" as it was last season. Still, they have the best defense and a potentially strong offense.

I'm just glad to see Furman healthy and playing well.

walliver
October 1st, 2015, 09:40 PM
Somewhat late this week, but here it is.

1) Chattanooga - may not be as dominant as before, but they stay here until someone beats them.
2) Furman - undefeated in conference, but still need to prove themselves
3) Samford - I don't have a good feel for this team, but they were solidly beaten by Chattanooga
4) Wofford - Defense improving, but offensive needs to be more consistent to move up.
5) VMI - played Furman close
6) Western Carolina - Disappointing so far, but I only had them pegged at #3 to start the year
7) Mercer - team likely improved, but still has to win conference games to move up
8) The Citadel - probably not the bottom dweller, but losing three in a row to BCC places them here this week.
9)
10) ETSU - I didn't expect a Mercer type first year, but I expected more. On the other hand, ETSU is playing at a high school stadium (not a good recruiting tool) and has a bad history to overcome.

This week:
Bucknell at VMI - I know very little about Bucknell, so I'll pick VMI 31-28
PC at WCU - A low scoring game. PC has a good defense, but there team aspires to 0-0 OT games as they have no offense. Cants struggle some, but leave with a 16-7 win. If the heavy rain arrives as predicted, Cants win 6-3.
Wofford at Mercer - Wofford again uses the I-Ching to pick the starting QB. Games is closer than last years, but T-Dogs poll out a 31-24 win.
SC State at Furman - FU bounces back from sluggish game against VMI, but O'burg Pups put up a fight. Horse People win 27-20

BYE at Samford - B'ham Pups run wild over BYE
BYE at The Citadel - Chucktown Pups trying to avoid 17 in a row next week overlook a much improved BYE team but escape without a loss.

St Francis at ETSU - Maybe the bucs get it together, but I wouldn't put any money on it. St Francis 35 ETSU 31

APaladindad
October 1st, 2015, 11:47 PM
I always appreciate the way FU plays...as I told Jimmy Lindsey at the begining of the season, I hope you win all but one!!!!!

I am sure when you told CJL that he thought "I hope we win them all especially the one you want us to lose" no matter what he said to you!

APaladindad
October 2nd, 2015, 02:02 AM
Furmans program is historically stronger. Currently its reversed, and there is no sign its changing. But apparently it doesn't take much to convince yourselves or a few other desperate fan bases that you are primed to go into Finley and win. But coming from people who think the UTC-Presbyterian game was close, it will probably be a real nail biter.

Hey chat town get somebody to read this and explain it to you! When you figure it out and get your side of the ledger caught up let's talk!

UT- Chattanooga
League NCAA Division I (FCS)
Southern Conference titles 6
All-time record 512–511–35 (.500)
Playoff appearances 2 first 1984 last 2014
Playoff record 1 W 2 L tot 3 (.333)
National titles 0
National Championship game appearances 0
Furman
Southern Conference titles 13
All-time record 573–432–38 (.568)
Playoff appearances 16 first 1982 last 2013
Playoff record 18 W 15 L 33 tot (.545)
National titles 1 1988
National Championship game appearances 3
Series record Furman 27 Chattanooga 17

chattownmocs
October 2nd, 2015, 02:22 AM
Hey chat town get somebody to read this and explain it to you! When you figure it out and get your side of the ledger caught up let's talk!

UT- Chattanooga
Southern Conference titles 6
All-time record 512–511–35 (.500)
Playoff appearances 2 first 1984 last 2014
Playoff record 1 W 2 L tot 3 (.333)
National titles 0
National Championship game appearances 0
Furman
Southern Conference titles 13
All-time record 573–432–38 (.568)
Playoff appearances 16 first 1982 last 2013
Playoff record 18 W 15 L 33 tot (.545)
National titles 1 1988
National Championship game appearances 3
Series record Furman 27 Chattanooga 17

Congratulations. I couldn't care less. Under the current leadership chattanoogas program is better. Our team is better this year as well. Take your loss and celebrate your program history.

PaladinFan
October 2nd, 2015, 06:27 AM
Looking at the weather forecast. 3-5 inches of rain and 20 mph winds expected in Greenville this weekend.

Makes me a little uneasy about the South Carolina State game. SCSU runs the ball well, and Furman's advantages in the passing and kicking games are likely to be mitigated significantly. Hollingsworth is a good kicker, but I'm not sure even he can consistently make field goals in a deluge with howling winds.

Smitty
October 2nd, 2015, 07:56 AM
1) Chattanooga
2) Furman
3) Samford
4) Wofford
5) The Citadel
6) Mercer
7) VMI
8) Western Carolina

Predictions
Bucknell @ VMI
Presbyterian @ WCU - I hope but don't have much faith
Wofford @ Mercer

catamount man
October 2nd, 2015, 03:29 PM
1) Chattanooga
2) Furman
3) Samford
4) Wofford
5) The Citadel
6) Mercer
7) VMI
8) Western Carolina

Predictions
Bucknell @ VMI
Presbyterian @ WCU - I hope but don't have much faith
Wofford @ Mercer

Cmitty, losing faith bro? Tennessee game was about what I've come to expect. Had we beaten Citadel, tomorrow's game wouldn't be as urgent. As it is, we almost always crapped the bed in Charleston. I'm saying 4-7 this season but still not a time to panic. We caught a LOT of teams last year by surprise and I still fear Speir is the right man for the right job. All I want to do is continue to get better so I can come up for a game. I'll be watching on the tube tomorrow. GO CATS!

FUGameBreaker
October 2nd, 2015, 09:35 PM
Looking forward to football Saturday tomorrow, rain or not, just hope all the games get played somehow xnodx

Smitty
October 2nd, 2015, 11:55 PM
Cmitty, losing faith bro? Tennessee game was about what I've come to expect. Had we beaten Citadel, tomorrow's game wouldn't be as urgent. As it is, we almost always crapped the bed in Charleston. I'm saying 4-7 this season but still not a time to panic. We caught a LOT of teams last year by surprise and I still fear Speir is the right man for the right job. All I want to do is continue to get better so I can come up for a game. I'll be watching on the tube tomorrow. GO CATS!

I think that Speir is the right guy for our program that is not in question at all. We just haven't shown much yet this year so I have us at the bottom until we prove otherwise.

catamount man
October 3rd, 2015, 07:56 AM
I think that Speir is the right guy for our program that is not in question at all. We just haven't shown much yet this year so I have us at the bottom until we prove otherwise. Yeah I hope the offense OPENS UP today. Played way too close to the vest this season so far and not sure why. Hoping Speir gets a new OC after this season. GO CATS!

OrangeAndBlack
October 3rd, 2015, 01:39 PM
VMI in a fight with Bucknell, 7-7 4:12 2ndQ
ETSU getting smacked by the Red Flash 38-2 HALF

I'm excited to see Mercer vs. Wofford, after the big loss to them last year. I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere, but Alex Lakes (starting RB) is out for Mercer with a punctured lung. Tee Mitchell is starting RB quality and will get the nod moving forward.

PaladinFan
October 3rd, 2015, 01:44 PM
VMI in a fight with Bucknell, 7-7 4:12 2ndQ
ETSU getting smacked by the Red Flash 38-2 HALF

I'm excited to see Mercer vs. Wofford, after the big loss to them last year. I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere, but Alex Lakes (starting RB) is out for Mercer with a punctured lung. Tee Mitchell is starting RB quality and will get the nod moving forward.

As I've noted several times, this season is going to test Mercer's depth in a way the prior seasons did not. Already had their offweek, have fewer home games, and face 7 conference teams in 8 weeks. No small task.

OrangeAndBlack
October 3rd, 2015, 01:48 PM
As I've noted several times, this season is going to test Mercer's depth in a way the prior seasons did not. Already had their offweek, have fewer home games, and face 7 conference teams in 8 weeks. No small task.

Without a doubt! This schedule is much more demanding than the first two seasons. Only ETSU provides a break on the rest of the schedule.

edit -- I love the schedule though! No teams below the FCS level for the first time. That's how it should be.

PaladinFan
October 3rd, 2015, 02:06 PM
Without a doubt! This schedule is much more demanding than the first two seasons. Only ETSU provides a break on the rest of the schedule.

edit -- I love the schedule though! No teams below the FCS level for the first time. That's how it should be.

Truthfully, there's nothing inherently wrong with scheduling below the FCS level. You just don't want to schedule multiple ones in the same season.

Just my opinion, but SoCon schools really don't have any business playing Pioneer League teams. They are FCS in name only and largely non-competitive at this level. I'd much rather see Mars Hill, West Georgia, or decent NAIA schools.

citdog
October 3rd, 2015, 02:21 PM
Truthfully, there's nothing inherently wrong with scheduling below the FCS level. You just don't want to schedule multiple ones in the same season.

Just my opinion, but SoCon schools really don't have any business playing Pioneer League teams. They are FCS in name only and largely non-competitive at this level. I'd much rather see Mars Hill, West Georgia, or decent NAIA schools.

Why not just admit we are smarter than you for doing so? A win over the pioneer counts as an win for playoffs.

OrangeAndBlack
October 3rd, 2015, 02:24 PM

I'd agree with one non-FCS game. Especially using the logic that I enjoy having 1 FBS game on the schedule. We should offer a similar opportunity to lower divisions to play up to the FCS level.

Pioneer League games are perfect though -- A game that counts and you get the same result. Stetson and Mercer go so far back in history I'd imagine it continues.

OrangeAndBlack
October 3rd, 2015, 03:48 PM
VMI falls in overtime to Bucknell, 28-22. VMI hit a game tying FG to end regulation, but could not score on the opening possession of OT with a missed FG.

chattanoogamocs
October 3rd, 2015, 03:55 PM
St. Francis 58
East Tennessee State 9

Buckell 28
VMI 22 1OT

Presbyterian 14
Western Carolina 17
2nd / Online: ESPN3

Wofford
Mercer
6:00pm / Online: ESPN3

South Carolina State
Furman
7:00pm / Online: ESPN3

kdinva
October 3rd, 2015, 04:03 PM
VMI falls in overtime to Bucknell, 28-22. VMI hit a game tying FG to end regulation, but could not score on the opening possession of OT with a missed FG.

should not have ever gotten to OT.........was up by 12, and let Bucknell right back in it with a KO return for a TD......the little things again cost VMI a win....

chattanoogamocs
October 3rd, 2015, 04:11 PM
should not have ever gotten to OT.........was up by 12, and let Bucknell right back in it with a KO return for a TD......the little things again cost VMI a win....

Frustrating to watch a team lead the game so long and lose it at the end.

CID1990
October 3rd, 2015, 04:28 PM

unless its Davidson

SoCon schools should schedule Davidson whenever possible and curb stomp a mudhole in their a$$es

chattanoogamocs
October 3rd, 2015, 05:58 PM
St. Francis 58
East Tennessee State 9

Buckell 28
VMI 22 1OT

Presbyterian 21
Western Carolina 33

Wofford 13
Mercer 10
2nd / Online: ESPN3

South Carolina State 0
Furman 10
1st / Online: ESPN3

OrangeAndBlack
October 3rd, 2015, 06:40 PM
Mercer trailing 13-10 at the half to Wofford. Mercer missed a chip shot FG. Wofford followed that up by having an extra point blocked and their own chip shot FG blocked. Should be a fun 2nd half!

chattanoogamocs
October 3rd, 2015, 07:29 PM
St. Francis 58
East Tennessee State 9
(A: 6,000)

Buckell 28
VMI 22 1OT(A; 3,713)

Presbyterian 21
Western Carolina 33
(A: 9,191)

Wofford 20
Mercer 10
3rd / Online: ESPN3

South Carolina State 0
Furman 10
Half / Online: ESPN3

OrangeAndBlack
October 3rd, 2015, 07:35 PM
The entire Wofford sideline just did a squat as an EASY pick-6 was dropped. Mercer still has life, trailing 20-10 late in the 3rd quarter.

OrangeAndBlack
October 3rd, 2015, 07:41 PM
Wofford fans are pretty upset, and I think they have a strong case. A couple of BIG calls have gone in Mercer's favor this game. I'd be furious, but I'll take them!

chattanoogamocs
October 3rd, 2015, 08:20 PM
St. Francis 58
East Tennessee State 9

Buckell 28
VMI 22 1OT(A; 3,713)

Presbyterian 21
Western Carolina 33

Wofford 27
Mercer 24
4th / Online: ESPN3

South Carolina State 0
Furman 10
3rd / Online: ESPN3

chattanoogamocs
October 3rd, 2015, 08:37 PM
St. Francis 58
East Tennessee State 9

Buckell 28
VMI 22 1OT(A; 3,713)

Presbyterian 21
Western Carolina 33

Wofford 27
Mercer 27

South Carolina State 3
Furman 10

- - - Updated - - -

Unless Wofford runs the kickoff back, they're headed to OT.

chattanoogamocs
October 3rd, 2015, 08:49 PM
Wow...Mercer scores on one play (wide open receiver in the end zone) and then misses the extra point.

Wofford just scored...Mercer takes timeout to try and ice the extra point.

- - - Updated - - -

Wofford wins

- - - Updated - - -

St. Francis 58
East Tennessee State 9

Buckell 28
VMI 22 1OT(A; 3,713)

Presbyterian 21
Western Carolina 33

Wofford 34
Mercer 33 1OT

South Carolina State 3
Furman 17

catamount man
October 3rd, 2015, 08:50 PM
Wild ending to Wofford-Mercer.

OrangeAndBlack
October 3rd, 2015, 09:07 PM
We have to keep recruiting kickers. We won't contend for a championship until we fill that void.

chattanoogamocs
October 3rd, 2015, 09:12 PM
St. Francis 58
East Tennessee State 9

Buckell 28
VMI 22 1OT(A; 3,713)

Presbyterian 21
Western Carolina 33

Wofford 34
Mercer 331OT(A: 10,489)

South Carolina State 3
Furman 17
(A: 1,002)

chattanoogamocs
October 3rd, 2015, 09:13 PM
Considering the weather at most of these games (and the fact that I watched all of them)...I am going to go ahead and declare now that all attendance for this Saturday are "paid" and not actual butts in (very wet) seats.

OrangeAndBlack
October 3rd, 2015, 09:16 PM
Considering the weather at most of these games (and the fact that I watched all of them)...I am going to go ahead and declare now that all attendance for this Saturday are "paid" and not actual butts in (very wet) seats.

That was my first thought when I saw your attendance numbers posted!

kdinva
October 3rd, 2015, 09:20 PM
We have to keep recruiting kickers. We won't contend for a championship until we fill that void.

ditto, Keydet's kicker had a bad day.....and he missed an OT kick last year vs. Gar-Webb.....and he missed two OT FG's in '13 vs. Robert Morris.

catamount man
October 3rd, 2015, 09:24 PM

Was thinking the exact same thing. GO CATS!

chattanoogamocs
October 3rd, 2015, 09:27 PM
Was thinking the exact same thing. GO CATS!

I must retract my statement a bit...all are "paid" except for Furman.

Their box score listed tonight's attendance as: 1,002.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Chattanooga 12,652
Jacksonville State 15,812
Mars Hill 9,491

2. Mercer 10,878
Stetson 11,267
Wofford 10,489

3. Western Carolina 10,770
Mars Hill 12,348
Presbyterian 9,191

4. The Citadel 9,570
Davidson 8,665
Western Carolina 8,048
Charleston Southern 11,998

East Tennessee State 7,497
Kennesaw State 8,217
Maryville 7,357
Emory & Henry 8,413
St. Francis 6,000

5. Samford 6,887
Central Arkansas 6,259
Florida A&M 4,714
Chattanooga 9,088

6. Wofford 6,883
Tennessee Tech 6,834
Gardner-Webb 6,932

7. VMI 4,365
Morehead State 5,016
Bucknell 3,713

8. Furman 3,783
Coastal Carolina 6,563
South Carolina State 1,002

LarryBoy
October 3rd, 2015, 09:40 PM

Save for Furman's. 1002 seems pretty spot on. Furman has more than 1000 season ticket holders (much more, I'd imagine). I'm surprised even that many made it out there. The state of South Carolina is a mess. When you consider that it was cold, pouring, 30 mph winds, and the Clemson/Notre Dame game happening simultaneously— you probably couldn't pay most people to show up at Paladin Stadium tonight.

PaladinFan
October 3rd, 2015, 09:47 PM
Furman's attendance hasn't been helped by two rainy home games the last two weeks (and playing the same time as Clemson tonight).

Mercer's attendance figure for tonight is laughable.

OrangeAndBlack
October 3rd, 2015, 09:49 PM
Furman's attendance hasn't been helped by two rainy home games the last two weeks (and playing the same time as Clemson tonight).

Mercer's attendance figure for tonight is laughable.

I can't argue there. I'd trade attendance for the win!

PaladinFan
October 3rd, 2015, 09:52 PM

Mercer played a heckuva game. I will say this, I have been impressed the last two seasons with Mercer's tenacity out there. They are undersized at most positions, and usually are down double digits as some point, but they keep fighting to make these games uncomfortably close. Lot of credit due to the coaches and players.

woffordgrad94
October 3rd, 2015, 10:56 PM
Congrats to Mercer on the quick progress they have made in their program. Pretty soon no one will want to play them. Admittedly we didn't play our best football tonight. But we were extremely lucky to escape with a win tonight. Mercer is tough.

FUGameBreaker
October 3rd, 2015, 11:00 PM
I must retract my statement a bit...all are "paid" except for Furman.

Their box score listed tonight's attendance as: 1,002.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Chattanooga 12,652
Mars Hill 9,491

2. Mercer 10,878
Stetson 11,267
Wofford 10,489

Mars Hill 12,348
Presbyterian 9,191

4. The Citadel 9,570
Davidson 8,665
Western Carolina 8,048

Kennesaw State 8,217
Maryville 7,357
Emory & Henry 8,413
St. Francis 6,000

5. Samford 6,887
Central Arkansas 6,259
Florida A&M 4,714
Chattanooga 9,088

6. Wofford 6,883
Tennessee Tech 6,834
Gardner-Webb 6,932

7. VMI 4,365
Morehead State 5,016
Bucknell 3,713

8. Furman 3,783
Coastal Carolina 6,563

Just pointing out you are missing FU's game last weekend against VMI, attendance was 7,915

- - - Updated - - -

Bring on Nooga!

chattanoogamocs
October 3rd, 2015, 11:49 PM
Just pointing out you are missing FU's game last weekend against VMI, attendance was 7,915

- - - Updated - - -

Bring on Nooga!

Thanks, I will update it.

chattanoogamocs
October 3rd, 2015, 11:51 PM
1. Chattanooga 12,652
Mars Hill 9,491

2. Mercer 10,878
Stetson 11,267
Wofford 10,489

Mars Hill 12,348
Presbyterian 9,191

4. The Citadel 9,570
Davidson 8,665
Western Carolina 8,048

Kennesaw State 8,217
Maryville 7,357
Emory & Henry 8,413
St. Francis 6,000

5. Samford 6,887
Central Arkansas 6,259
Florida A&M 4,714
Chattanooga 9,088

6. Wofford 6,883
Tennessee Tech 6,834
Gardner-Webb 6,932

7. Furman 5,160
Coastal Carolina 6,563
VMI 7,915

8. VMI 4,365
Morehead State 5,016
Bucknell 3,713

BearDownMU
October 4th, 2015, 12:38 AM
Not sure why the attendance number is laughable. It never rained significantly. Just misty/spitty at times, and it felt and looked about like it normally does. It got a little cold and we lost people at half time (always because so many season ticket holder bring kids under 10 years old to the tailgates all day and then the game), but seemed like a regular week. And a regular week for us is crowded.

PaladinFan
October 4th, 2015, 06:29 AM
Not sure why the attendance number is laughable. It never rained significantly. Just misty/spitty at times, and it felt and looked about like it normally does. It got a little cold and we lost people at half time (always because so many season ticket holder bring kids under 10 years old to the tailgates all day and then the game), but seemed like a regular week. And a regular week for us is crowded.

I guess. I watched much of the game, and there were rows on rows of empty seats even at kickoff.

I wasn't there, if you say it was a max capacity game, then I've got no argument against it. It certainly didn't look like it on TV.

woffordgrad94
October 4th, 2015, 07:16 AM
I guess. I watched much of the game, and there were rows on rows of empty seats even at kickoff.

I wasn't there, if you say it was a max capacity game, then I've got no argument against it. It certainly didn't look like it on TV.
I agree. On TV it looked half empty. If this game was max capacity, a lot of fans must have been walking around the stadium or hanging around the concession stands.

APaladindad
October 4th, 2015, 02:39 PM
Well you would be wrong because Furman sold a lot more tickets that 1002 if you only count season ticket holders! I would tell you the 1002 number was correct for butts in seats at Furman not tickets sold!

APaladindad
October 4th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Sorry, I did not see your retraction before I posted!

Toby
October 4th, 2015, 07:10 PM
I agree. On TV it looked half empty. If this game was max capacity, a lot of fans must have been walking around the stadium or hanging around the concession stands.

There were a lot of fans on the berms and standing and some left at halftime due to rain and threat of rain, but the numbers probably reflect paid attendance and not actual. I'm sure a lot stayed home due to the weather, but I was actually surprised by how many were there at the start of the game given the weather and that UGA was playing.