PDA

View Full Version : Semifinal Game Times

GSU Eagle
December 2nd, 2006, 08:29 PM
My guess would be the ASU-YSU game on Friday night and the Montana/UMass game on Saturday.

Is that what others would figure?

mschn99
December 2nd, 2006, 08:32 PM
i know one game will be 7:30EST friday and the other game will 4:00EST saterday......but i have not heard yet which game will be which

griz37
December 2nd, 2006, 08:36 PM
My guess would be the ASU-YSU game on Friday night and the Montana/UMass game on Saturday.

Is that what others would figure?

At the end of the Montana game our PA guy announced that the Montana game would be on Saturday afternoon. Don't know if he was right or not.

FlyYtown
December 2nd, 2006, 09:07 PM
I heard out in the lots after the game YSU will be on Friday Night on ESPN.... Donno if I heard right...

ysubigred
December 2nd, 2006, 09:15 PM
I heard out in the lots after the game YSU will be on Friday Night on ESPN.... Donno if I heard right...

Hannon and Hartzel said they heard it is Friday as well. Montana weather to play a late night game was a big factor. :eek:

maroon
December 2nd, 2006, 09:18 PM
i know one game will be 7:30EST friday and the other game will 4:00EST saterday......but i have not heard yet which game will be which

ESPN better have some lights. Sunset in Missoula on December 9th is 4:47.

FlyYtown
December 2nd, 2006, 09:18 PM
Hannon and Hartzel said they heard it is Friday as well. Montana weather to play a late night game was a big factor. :eek:
NO LIGHTS TOO!

CamelCityYosef
December 2nd, 2006, 09:34 PM
Heard in the Yosef Club before the game that if we won (which we did), next week we'd have the Friday game.

chiapet9
December 2nd, 2006, 09:36 PM
montana's stadium doesn't have lights? i thought they were the best stadium in the FCS....but no lights???

furpal87
December 2nd, 2006, 09:36 PM
I think upper bracket gets Friday, lower bracket Saturday, unless their are light issues.

placidlakegriz
December 2nd, 2006, 09:39 PM

I dont think the Griz game would start at 2PM MST as it would be dark before the game was over.

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2006, 09:39 PM
NO LIGHTS TOO!

Need lights for the saturday game anyway, sun sets early in these parts

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2006, 09:40 PM
montana's stadium doesn't have lights? i thought they were the best stadium in the FCS....but no lights???

Donation money is there, they're just sitting on it until after the expansion

bobbythekidd
December 2nd, 2006, 09:43 PM
If lights are needed, ESPN will bring them in order to broadcast the game.

tarmac
December 2nd, 2006, 10:12 PM
one extra set of lights was brought in for the APP game today.

GRZZ
December 2nd, 2006, 10:59 PM
At the end of the Montana game our PA guy announced that the Montana game would be on Saturday afternoon. Don't know if he was right or not.

No, he said the game may be on Friday, so stay tuned. He definately said it could be on Friday.

chiapet9
December 2nd, 2006, 11:11 PM
they had to bring in lights when JMU played @ William and Mary in '04. W&M now has their own lights...and they love the night games. maybe the griz will get some lights and get some night games going. i can only imagine the atmosphere at Wash/Griz stadium @ NIGHT. i bet it would be intense.

appfan2008
December 2nd, 2006, 11:24 PM
does anyone know anything for sure?

GoGuins
December 2nd, 2006, 11:37 PM
I really wanted to go to this game but if it's on Friday it will be hard for me. I might look to see if anyone has a bus package. Too hard of a drive by myself (& 14 yr old son)

I checked and it's not a bad drive from Ytown, about 8 hours

OSUPenguin
December 2nd, 2006, 11:45 PM
My sister and I are also looking into a bus trip since it's Friday, but it will be tough as well.

mountain man
December 3rd, 2006, 12:34 PM
I bought tix for the ASU/YSU game this morning and the eticket said Friday night. Two hours later the website lists the game at 4 on Saturday. Anyone know what's up?

By the way, there are very few tickets left in the sectional seating chart - just some in 1A and 6A and the East stands.

APPST '93
December 3rd, 2006, 12:37 PM
What website showed Saturday? Did you buy tickets for yesterday's game? Online tickets are not available right now.

Cincy App
December 3rd, 2006, 12:45 PM
The only official notice I've seen to date is from the UMass official website which reflect Griz-UMass on Friday. Nothing yet on ASU, YSU, or Montana sites.

mountain man
December 3rd, 2006, 12:47 PM
if you go online it says tix not available. But if you click on the button to buy tix right above it, it will let you buy the tix for third round playoff game. The tix say ASU / YSU Friday night.

APPST '93
December 3rd, 2006, 12:50 PM
if you go online it says tix not available. But if you click on the button to buy tix right above it, it will let you buy the tix for third round playoff game. The tix say ASU / YSU Friday night.

Tried it. No link available. Maybe changing dates???????

appheel
December 3rd, 2006, 12:52 PM
There's a link that says Buy Tickets on the left. You can select App playoff tickets. It says the game is Sat at 4.

Cincy App
December 3rd, 2006, 01:01 PM
Still no uniform announcements on next week's games. Good grief, Friday's game is just 5 days away and involves travel. NCAA - this is pathetic! Should have been thought out last week and announced last night.

appst97
December 3rd, 2006, 01:20 PM
sportsnetwork is showing App on Sat, and UM's on Fri

AppStateMan
December 3rd, 2006, 01:28 PM
Still no uniform announcements on next week's games. Good grief, Friday's game is just 5 days away and involves travel. NCAA - this is pathetic! Should have been thought out last week and announced last night.

Yep...why the wait??

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2006, 02:25 PM
Appears that we are the Saturday game according to the Sports Network Score board

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/scores/live/Top25.aspx?season=

ASUSoCon
December 3rd, 2006, 02:30 PM
Just got word from people from ASU that the YSU-ASU game will be on Saturday at 4pm.

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2006, 02:32 PM
That doesn't bode well for our crowd. 40% of it comes from outside of missoula, and many won't be able to attend. From a student's standpoint, however, this is the best case scenario :hurray:

AppState
December 3rd, 2006, 02:34 PM
I have heard conflicting statements, and have not seen an official release.

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2006, 02:36 PM
I have heard conflicting statements, and have not seen an official release.

Hey TSN is never wrong it's official LOL!! :D Just posting what I found. Friday is better for me.

December 3rd, 2006, 02:40 PM
CSN confirms game times:

SEMIFINALS (12/8-9)
12/8 7:30 p.m. No. 3 UMass @ No. 2 MONTANA
12/9 4:00 p.m. No. 4 Youngstown State @ No. 1 APPALACHIAN STATE

(Home Team in CAPS, times are EST)

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=82411

FlyYtown
December 3rd, 2006, 02:40 PM
Hey TSN is never wrong it's official LOL!! :D Just posting what I found. Friday is better for me.
I have heard from each side today that it was saturday and friday. I called the news stations in Ytown: One said Friday, the other Saturday..

LET'S JUST WAIT UNTIL IT'S OFFICIAL!

Peems
December 3rd, 2006, 02:46 PM
CSN confirms game times:

SEMIFINALS (12/8-9)
12/8 7:30 p.m. No. 3 UMass @ No. 2 MONTANA
12/9 4:00 p.m. No. 4 Youngstown State @ No. 1 APPALACHIAN STATE

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

AppStateMan
December 3rd, 2006, 02:59 PM
I bought tix for the ASU/YSU game this morning and the eticket said Friday night. Two hours later the website lists the game at 4 on Saturday. Anyone know what's up?

By the way, there are very few tickets left in the sectional seating chart - just some in 1A and 6A and the East stands.

Thats because the ticket office has put a hold on the season ticket holder ticekts. They have untill Wednesday I think to reserve these seats. Then those seats that have not sold will be put on sale.

appmountaineermaniac
December 3rd, 2006, 03:07 PM
there better be way more people here for the semifinal than yesterday that was pathetic and im tired of students not going because its on tv if you cant handle the cold you are a pansy

BDK@YSU
December 3rd, 2006, 03:13 PM
That's what I'm talkin' about! Saturday football, baby!

AppStateMan
December 3rd, 2006, 03:14 PM
there better be way more people here for the semifinal than yesterday that was pathetic and im tired of students not going because its on tv if you cant handle the cold you are a pansy

Amen.

FlyYtown
December 3rd, 2006, 03:33 PM
ESPN2 for Montana-UMASS
ESPN for YSU-APPY

I assume???
Semifinal Game, Live on ESPN2
Friday, December 8 at 7:30 p.m. ET

Semifinal Game, Live on ESPN
Saturday, December 9 at 4:00 p.m. ET

December 3rd, 2006, 03:45 PM
SEMIFINALS (12/8-9)
12/8 7:30 p.m. No. 3 UMass @ No. 2 MONTANA ESPN2
12/9 4:00 p.m. No. 4 Youngstown State @ No. 1 APPALACHIAN STATE ESPN

#1appfanatic
December 3rd, 2006, 04:19 PM
appmountaineermaniac, I think you weren't paying attention at the game. The student section was at double or triple capacity. From what I saw just walking to the stadium is that there were barely any Yosef members parked in Stadium Lot. Many of the students were talking about how it was pathetic how there were not more alumni at the game. So you may what to rethink what you said, and start paying attention. The Students will never fail, they come out full force

ncguitarplyr
December 3rd, 2006, 04:23 PM
yeah thats very true...more students than ever and less alumni than ever at the last game....sure that won't be true for the semifinals though...biggest attendance ever maybe

mistersykes
December 3rd, 2006, 04:27 PM
appmountaineermaniac, I think you weren't paying attention at the game. The student section was at double or triple capacity. From what I saw just walking to the stadium is that there were barely any Yosef members parked in Stadium Lot. Many of the students were talking about how it was pathetic how there were not more alumni at the game. So you may what to rethink what you said, and start paying attention. The Students will never fail, they come out full force

Yeah, it was pretty loud. I didn't know any students who were going to watch the game on tv instead of going to the on-campus stadium. In fact, if I did, I would ask whether they just couldn't afford the 5 bucks or were plain stupid.

Last home game, it'll probably be a good number of people. Hopefully more than this past Saturday even.

BeauFoster
December 3rd, 2006, 04:50 PM
Sykes, check your PM

appsfan
December 3rd, 2006, 04:54 PM
IMO, the students were at the game in force and they were loud. It looked like a lot of season ticket holders were missing: smh : based on where the parking lots were not full.

FunkyV
December 3rd, 2006, 05:19 PM
Old people can't take the cold.

tralfangar
December 3rd, 2006, 06:50 PM
Old people can't take the cold.

I'm a student, but I really don't see how this contributes to the discussion....delete?

SoCon48
December 3rd, 2006, 08:19 PM
one extra set of lights was brought in for the APP game today.

I didn't notice them.

AppGuy04
December 3rd, 2006, 08:24 PM
Yahoo has the Montana game scheduled for Friday and App for Saturday

Peems
December 3rd, 2006, 08:57 PM
its pretty much official that we are on friday and you guys are on saturday.

Good Luck to all(except UMass:smiley_wi )

majorbta
December 3rd, 2006, 08:58 PM
Goasu has the App/YSU game Sat. @ 4pm

appfan2008
December 3rd, 2006, 09:36 PM
i am really happy our game is saturday... i have a serious final on friday from 3 to 530 so tailgating would be out of the question

appfan2008
December 3rd, 2006, 09:44 PM
definately saturday... thank God!