PDA

View Full Version : SFA

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2015, 11:42 AM
I am now convinced SFA is not a good win. I thought they were a good team with a tough schedule, but now they are down to Abeliene Christian.

That will causes some shifts in my poll.

SFA 71
September 26th, 2015, 01:28 PM
Phtttttttt! :(

McNeese75
September 26th, 2015, 10:05 PM
I am now convinced SFA is not a good win. I thought they were a good team with a tough schedule, but now they are down to Abeliene Christian.

Kinda like Nova huh????

clenz
September 26th, 2015, 10:24 PM

Told ya so earlier this week...;)

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2015, 11:46 PM
Told ya so earlier this week...;)

Yup

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda like Nova huh????

At least Nova without their QB.

MTfan4life
September 27th, 2015, 12:27 AM

What is it about abilene that makes it such a bad loss compared to their other losses? SFA lost to ACU last season as well.

BucBisonAtLarge
September 27th, 2015, 12:39 AM
SFA is 0-4. They could be among the first eliminated from contention for the playoffs. They even have two conference losses, making the auto-bid unlikely. SHSU could bury them next week, leaving SFA as dangerous spoilers later in the season. Really tough start...

Catatonic
September 27th, 2015, 12:53 AM
What is it about abilene that makes it such a bad loss compared to their other losses? SFA lost to ACU last season as well.

Panther Rob is probably dissin Abilene 'cause he can't spell it.

PantherRob82
September 27th, 2015, 07:17 AM

Nothing. But they haven't won a game. If they aren't better than any of those teams,they arent a good win.

- - - Updated - - -

Panther Rob is probably dissin Abilene 'cause he can't spell it.

It is pretty stupid to name a school something that the average person somewhere else in the country has no idea how to spell. Theres a reason they use ACU. ;)

CHIP72
September 27th, 2015, 07:27 AM
Kinda like Nova huh????

Villanova has beaten Fordham and Delaware, both decent teams. SFA has beaten...no one. Literally.

McNeese75
September 27th, 2015, 07:29 AM
Still taking a big hit this week after that last loss in my vote

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

TheRevSFA
September 27th, 2015, 07:54 AM
I guess losing to TCU really hurt our credibility right? What about mcnesse?

PantherRob82
September 27th, 2015, 07:59 AM
I guess losing to TCU really hurt our credibility right? What about mcnesse?

If you lose to everyone, at one point can you become a good loss. You have to prove your worth at some point. It's nothing personal against SFA or their fans.

McNeese72
September 27th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Haven't you heard, we don't have any good wins yet! ;-)

PantherRob82
September 27th, 2015, 08:13 AM
Haven't you heard, we don't have any good wins yet! ;-)

I'm glad you agree. ;)

McNeese75
September 27th, 2015, 09:36 AM
I'm glad you agree. ;)

Typical UNI fan (but I don't disagree)

SFA 93
September 27th, 2015, 09:41 AM
No, not a great team by far, I agree but we are not as bad as our record shows, at least not on offense. With the exception of TCU we have been in every game with the opportunity to win it.

Poor offensive execution in the red zone, kicking game, and the defense giving up big plays are the negatives.

What has been really disappointing is our defensive front, which was suppose to be one of our strengths as we returned all but one from a front line that led the SLC last season in sacks, but for some reason this season can't seem to find the QB or stop the run.

We only have 4 experienced linebackers with two of those being JUCO players new to the team. In the secondary rotation we are playing with 3 FR., 1 SO and 1 JUCO. One of our starting CB has been out since game one and one of our starting FS has been limited due to injury.

Now for the positive our offensive line where we returned everyone from last season including 3 SRs. We have a running back by committee with Jr. West/ Sr. Ford/ Fr. Easly who just ran all over ACU.

RB:#23
Joshawa West
5-10
Jr.
ATT:37;YDS:278;AVG:7.5;TD:1/REC:13;YDS:114;TD:0

RB:#12
Fred Ford
6-0
Sr.
ATT:25;YDS:171;AVG:6.8;TD:1/REC:3;YDS:10;TD:0

RB:#32
Loren Easly
5-11
Fr.
ATT:19;YDS:151;AVG:7.9;TD:1/REC:0;YDS:0;TD:0

all of who are averaging over 6 yards per carry behind this OL. but again, unfortunately we can't seem to execute when we get into the red zone.

SFA: AVG:4.0 per rush (ATT:42; 185 gained) against NAU

SFA: AVG:5.0 per rush (ATT:29; 177 gained) against TCU

SFA: AVG:7.6 per rush (ATT:21; 170 gained) against McNeese State

SFA: AVG:6.5 per rush (ATT:47; 349 gained) against ACU

It will be interesting to see how we do again Sam Houston as their defense is giving up a lot in the running game as well.

SHSU Defense: TEXAS TECH: 180 AVG: 5.6 per rush

SHSU Defense: LAMAR: 328 AVG: 8.0 per rush

SHSU Defense: HOUSTON BAPTIST: 208 AVG: 5.2 per rush

0-4 against 1-2 makes for a lack luster BOTPW

PantherRob82
September 27th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Typical UNI fan (but I don't disagree)

What's the typical UNI fan? Driving out of your way to attend a Quarterback Club lunch in Lake Charles? Going to see other FCS teams play when UNI isn't involved? Is that typical? ;)

PantherRob82
September 27th, 2015, 10:09 AM
I'm not saying SFA is no good, or McNeese for that matter, hist saying that for voting purposes, I don't think SFA can be considered a good win.

Daytripper
September 27th, 2015, 10:17 AM
No, not a great team by far, I agree but we are not as bad as our record shows, at least not on offense. With the exception of TCU we have been in every game with the opportunity to win it.

Poor offensive execution in the red zone, kicking game, and the defense giving up big plays are the negatives.

What has been really disappointing is our defensive front, which was suppose to be one of our strengths as we returned all but one from a front line that led the SLC last season in sacks, but for some reason this season can't seem to find the QB or stop the run.

We only have 4 experienced linebackers with two of those being JUCO players new to the team. In the secondary rotation we are playing with 3 FR., 1 SO and 1 JUCO. One of our starting CB has been out since game one and one of our starting FS has been limited due to injury.

Now for the positive our offensive line where we returned everyone from last season including 3 SRs. We have a running back by committee with Jr. West/ Sr. Ford/ Fr. Easly who just ran all over ACU.

RB:#23
Joshawa West
5-10
Jr.
ATT:37;YDS:278;AVG:7.5;TD:1/REC:13;YDS:114;TD:0

RB:#12
Fred Ford
6-0
Sr.
ATT:25;YDS:171;AVG:6.8;TD:1/REC:3;YDS:10;TD:0

RB:#32
Loren Easly
5-11
Fr.
ATT:19;YDS:151;AVG:7.9;TD:1/REC:0;YDS:0;TD:0

all of who are averaging over 6 yards per carry behind this OL. but again, unfortunately we can't seem to execute when we get into the red zone.

SFA: AVG:4.0 per rush (ATT:42; 185 gained) against NAU

SFA: AVG:5.0 per rush (ATT:29; 177 gained) against TCU

SFA: AVG:7.6 per rush (ATT:21; 170 gained) against McNeese State

SFA: AVG:6.5 per rush (ATT:47; 349 gained) against ACU

It will be interesting to see how we do again Sam Houston as their defense is giving up a lot in the running game as well.

SHSU Defense: TEXAS TECH: 180 AVG: 5.6 per rush

SHSU Defense: LAMAR: 328 AVG: 8.0 per rush

SHSU Defense: HOUSTON BAPTIST: 208 AVG: 5.2 per rush

0-4 against 1-2 makes for a lack luster BOTPW

I wouldn't be surprised at all if SFA gets their first win next weekend at the BOTPW. Even though the score shows Sam blasting HBU, it was uncomfortably close in the first half.

TheRevSFA
September 27th, 2015, 10:28 AM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if SFA gets their first win next weekend at the BOTPW. Even though the score shows Sam blasting HBU, it was uncomfortably close in the first half.

I won't be at BOTPW due to currently being in Makati, Philippines.

Last time I missed BOTPW due to being out of the country, SFA won

McNeese75
September 27th, 2015, 10:32 AM
I'm not saying SFA is no good, or McNeese for that matter, hist saying that for voting purposes, I don't think SFA can be considered a good win.

But..But..But Rob, That's all we got!!!!! NO wait, Incarnate Word had the FCS powerhouse UTEP up against the wall until the 4th quarter last night :D

I do not remember seeing you introduced at the QB Club meeting, although I did miss a couple when out of town.

McNeese75
September 27th, 2015, 10:33 AM
I won't be at BOTPW due to currently being in Makati, Philippines.

Last time I missed BOTPW due to being out of the country, SFA won

There is NO telling how that game is going to go. Glad I am not a bookie taking action on it, xnodx

PantherRob82
September 27th, 2015, 11:27 AM
But..But..But Rob, That's all we got!!!!! NO wait, Incarnate Word had the FCS powerhouse UTEP up against the wall until the 4th quarter last night :D

I do not remember seeing you introduced at the QB Club meeting, although I did miss a couple when out of town.

It was before the Sam Houston game last year. I love McNeese. ;)

McNeeserocket
September 27th, 2015, 11:28 AM

Rob was my guest for the QB club meeting last year I believe. I met him at the Northern Iowa/McNeese game a couple of years ago. He is a nice young man and he did make an effort to come Lake Charles and go to QB meeting.

PantherRob82
September 27th, 2015, 11:29 AM
I just wanted to clarify I am a huge FCS fan, and this thread was not meant as a knock on either program. Just a statement that as of today, everyone has beat SFA so it's hard to call it a good win.

McNeese75
September 27th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Sorry I missed you

McNeese72
September 27th, 2015, 01:42 PM
My comment was meant as a joke. We really suck. :-)

PantherRob82
September 27th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Sorry I missed you

I'll be back.