September 25th, 2015, 08:22 AM
Here's the slate of official games this week:

Duquesne @ Albany
Bryant @ Coastal Carolina
Lafayette @ Wagner
Robert Morris @ South Dakota State
Central Connecticut @ New Hampshire
Sacred Heart @ Dartmouth

Outside of Wagner, I'm not sure the NEC gets a win this weekend.

bonarae
September 25th, 2015, 08:38 AM
Albany
Coastal Carolina
Lafayette (toss-up)
S.D. STate
New Hampshire
Dartmouth

eiu1999
September 25th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Duquesne @ Albany
Lafayette @ Wagner
Central Connecticut @ New Hampshire
Sacred Heart @ Dartmouth

aceinthehole
September 25th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Wagner and SHU have good odds to win this week.

Duquesne likely doesn't win, but I'd give them at least a fighting chance.

Bryant, RMU, and CCSU are all very long-shot underdogs on the road - any win would be a HUGE upset.

KPSUL
September 25th, 2015, 09:39 AM
From most likely, to least likely, the chance for a NEC win:

Duquesne 51% (Albany got banged up bad at the JMU game, and had key players out even before)
Wagner 40%
SHU 35% (Last year I would have picked SHU)
CCSU 10% (UNH will be preparing for this game like it was W&M or Richmond; it's a can't lose)
Bryant 5%
Robert Morris 2% (Hey, Penn beat these kind of odds)

Why do NEC teams get stuck playing 5 of 6 of these games, and most other OOC games, on the road ?

RedFlash
September 25th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Why do NEC teams get stuck playing 5 of 6 of these games, and most other OOC games, on the road ?

Well when you need to find five OOC games each year, you can't really be dictating terms.

Wagner and SHU have good odds to win this week.

Not as bullish on SHU as I was coming into the season. That loss to Marist, who lost pretty convincingly to Georgetown the week before, sends up all kinds of red flags for me. Curious to see how Wagner and Duquesne play this week.

aceinthehole
September 25th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Not as bullish on SHU as I was coming into the season. That loss to Marist, who lost pretty convincingly to Georgetown the week before, sends up all kinds of red flags for me. Curious to see how Wagner and Duquesne play this week.

Agreed, but I'm hoping that was just a bad day. SHU did lose a lot to graduate, but they have a experienced QB and a very good coaching staff - I think they have a decent shot at a win, but overall they have taken a step back from the previous 2 seasons.

aceinthehole
September 25th, 2015, 10:32 AM

Well many of the road games are "payday games" - the NEC team is getting a check, if they don't get a return game. Teams like JMU and Delaware provide a nice subsidy to smaller budget NEC schools.

Now I wish a certain CAA team would trade a return game instead of a payment. xrolleyesx CCSU has played at New Hampshire 4 times (2003, 2010, 2012, and 2015) without the Wildcats agreeing to a game in New Britain. Back in 1975-78, the two teams did a 4-year home/home deal, so it has happened before.

Only Maine, Albany, and URI have agreed to play away games at NEC schools - it appears the rest of the CAA just isn't willing to give the NEC any return games.

And only within the past 5 years or so has the Patriot League and Ivy League agreed to giving NEC teams home games.

RabidRabbit
September 25th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Get winning in playoffs, and attract >10K fans to a game, and NEC teams may be able to buy some home games with other FCS schools. Being limited to 40 schollies puts a real damper on ability to match up with full 63 schollies FCS teams.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 25th, 2015, 10:58 AM
[QUOTE=RedFlash;2256212]Well when you need to find five OOC games each year, you can't really be dictating terms.

We need to dump the NEC.

RedFlash
September 25th, 2015, 11:20 AM
We need to dump the NEC.

Not sure what you're advocating. SFU leaving the NEC? Where would they go?

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 25th, 2015, 01:39 PM
Not sure what you're advocating. SFU leaving the NEC? Where would they go?

My dream league is the CAA. In reality, we aren't going anywhere.

RedFlash
September 25th, 2015, 01:56 PM
My dream league is the CAA. In reality, we aren't going anywhere.

Yeah, never going to happen. My preference would be for the PL based primarily on location but again, never going to happen.

downbythebeach
September 25th, 2015, 03:54 PM
I think they are looking. Big South

UAalum72
September 25th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Get winning in playoffs, and attract >10K fans to a game, and NEC teams may be able to buy some home games with other FCS schools.No NEC stadium holds even as many as 5K fans, except for CCSU's 7K

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 25th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Rooney Field is one of the more ridiculous "stadiums' in FCS. I've always been amazed how they're able to produce solid teams on a consistent basis. Duquesne's academics do have some draw for sure....

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7223/7332452310_120a1c6143_z.jpg

http://image1.stadiumjourney.com/images/stadiums/1324_Kickoff_at_Rooney_Field.jpg

dgreco
September 26th, 2015, 07:10 AM
Duquesne @ Albany
Lafayette @ Wagner
Central Connecticut @ New HampshireSacred Heart @ Dartmouth

downbythebeach
September 26th, 2015, 12:19 PM
It appears sfu is up 22-0 with 10 minutes left in the first against joes plumbing.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 27th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Yeah, never going to happen. My preference would be for the PL based primarily on location but again, never going to happen.

The Patriot League would be fine. Anything but the crippled NEC.

I think they are looking. Big South

The Big South? Eh, but still superior to a weak NEC.

blackbeard
September 28th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Agreed, but I'm hoping that was just a bad day. SHU did lose a lot to graduate, but they have a experienced QB and a very good coaching staff - I think they have a decent shot at a win, but overall they have taken a step back from the previous 2 seasons.

I wish it was a step back, looks like we fell off a cliff. The graduation losses on the OL and DBs were a huge hit to SHU, tremendous number of snaps from last couple of seasons graduated including the top 5 DBs who had 3+ years of starts together.

Dartmouth had 400+ yards of offense at halftime. In 2011 SHU went 5-6 with a win over Dartmouth. In 2012 SHU went 2-9 but one of those wins was over Dartmouth. I know Dartmouth is a much better team this year than during those years but we have fallen pretty hard.

blackbeard
September 28th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Rooney Field is one of the more ridiculous "stadiums' in FCS. I've always been amazed how they're able to produce solid teams on a consistent basis. Duquesne's academics do have some draw for sure....

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7223/7332452310_120a1c6143_z.jpg

http://image1.stadiumjourney.com/images/stadiums/1324_Kickoff_at_Rooney_Field.jpg

Agreed, I don't know what you call this place but its not a stadium. Almost like a practice field that had a tower and stuff was just added around it. Very awkward place for fans to try to watch a game. I'm not throwing stones, SHU's Campus Field is nothing to brag about but it does have traditional seating and bleachers on both sides. In recent years the larger crowds have caused many SHU fans and the band to have to move to the visitors side.

DetroitFlyer
September 28th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Sitting on the visitor's side at Rooney is almost like sitting on your team's bench. I think that is really cool. Maybe the best place to watch a game in all of FCS. You can't get any closer to the action unless you are on the field.

RedFlash
September 28th, 2015, 03:13 PM
A really depressing week for the NEC. Can't say I'm shocked that SHU lost, but I did not expect them to lose quite like that. Looks like the 10/17 game in Smithfield will be a big game.

RabidRabbit
September 28th, 2015, 04:22 PM
RMU played well early but wore out vs SDSU. Hopefully, RMU QB Barr was held out 2nd half in an effort to avoid a injury in a non conference game, rather because injured. Rmu should be a force if starters stay healthy. Thanks for coming to Brookings!

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 28th, 2015, 08:31 PM
A really depressing week for the NEC. Can't say I'm shocked that SHU lost, but I did not expect them to lose quite like that. Looks like the 10/17 game in Smithfield will be a big game.

Cannot say I am surprised.

Original_RMC
September 29th, 2015, 08:00 AM
RMU played well early but wore out vs SDSU. Hopefully, RMU QB Barr was held out 2nd half in an effort to avoid a injury in a non conference game, rather because injured. Rmu should be a force if starters stay healthy. Thanks for coming to Brookings!

Thank you. I was happy that they hung well against SDSU but still, this team should be 3-1 heading into the game at Wagner but instead they are 1-3.
@Wagner is going to be a tough game now that they have an injury at the QB position. Not sure if Barr will start or if another QB will get the call at Wagner.