PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 9-26

JALMOND
September 23rd, 2015, 10:27 PM
More and more conference games makes it more and more difficult to pick the games correctly. This year, more parity in the conference makes it really hard. So far, with mostly non-conference games, I'm at 23-9. Now the games get tough. Here is my quest for perfection this weekend.

CP at MSU---Both teams have explosive offenses and both can score points in a hurry. However, the Mustangs have shown a defense to go with that offense. The Bobcats will try to outscore them. Sometimes it works, sometimes...CP 42, MSU 35.

EWU at SAC---Like the Bobcats, the Eagles have shown a potent offense, one that they will rely on to outscore the other team. Unlike the Mustangs, the Hornets do not have a strong offense, so the Eagles won't need to rely on defense...EWU 51, SAC 21.

ISU at Nevada-Las Vegas---The biggest question mark so far this season has got to be the Bengals. Last week's game against the Mountain West was ugly. This week's opponent is not the same caliber, but in the same conference. As if it matters...Nevada-Las Vegas 31, ISU 14.

NAU at UM---The Lumberjacks played well against Arizona for the first quarter, then completely fell apart the rest of the game. The Grizzlies never did quite catch up completely to Liberty last week. The Grizzlies may be fortunate this game is at home...UM 35, NAU 28.

Western Oregon at PSU---One could argue that last year's downfall for the Vikings started with lack of focus and discipline against Western Oregon, keeping the game closer than it should. This year's team should have learned a lot from that game...PSU 52, Western Oregon 7.

Brevard at SUU---The Thunderbirds are hoping that they may have found an offense last week to go with the defense that has been evident most of the season so far. This is a time to fine tune a few things before actual conference play...SUU 28, Brevard 7.

UCD at UND---Both the Aggies and the Dakotans played well enough last weekend against superior opponents to make the game look relatively close. Both hope the defenses keep things close before the offenses can win. Makes for an interesting game here...UND 24, UCD 21.

WSU at UNC---A lot of things to talk about in the conference, yet the play of the Wildcats does not seem to be generating much talk. The Bears get a chance to knock off a conference foe at home, but they may need help from the Wildcats to do it...WSU 30, UNC 10.

Two games I'll be at this weekend,

Stanford at Oregon State---Beavers don't quite have the firepower to play with the Cardinal...Stanford 34, Oregon State 13
Rocky Mountain at Eastern Oregon---Bears get a good road conference win over the reeling Mountaineers...Rocky Mountain 38, Eastern Oregon 33.

mvemjsunpx
September 23rd, 2015, 10:36 PM
EWU 45-24 Sac State — Looks like a definite rebuilding year for the Hornets

NAU 20-30 Montana — The Griz won't remind us of Dickenson & co. this Saturday, but they will win

Cal Poly 41-39 Montana St. — The Bobcat defense may as well not have been on the field last week

Weber 28-24 NoCo — The Wildcats have a reasonable chance of going 5-3 in conference

Davis 24-27 NoDak — Since the Wyoming upset, the No-Nicks have looked identical to last year

Woah-regon 14-42 Portland St. — If PSU's early wins were flukes, we won't know for a few weeks

Idaho St. 21-37 UNLV — The No-so-Runnin' Rebels get their first post-Hauck win

Brevard 6-55 Suutah — SUU feasts on a winless DII option team that averages 2.4 yards-per-carry

nevadagriz
September 24th, 2015, 11:11 AM
I agree with all of your predictions except Rocky at EOU. Eou will roll with Jace Billingsley leading the way!

tomq04
September 24th, 2015, 11:59 AM

NAU 20-30 Montana — The Griz better pull it together

Cal Poly 35-45 Montana St. — Cal Poly was exposed last week, and Mt St will be ready to capitalize at home.

Weber 28-24 NoCo — zzzzzzz

Davis 14-21 NoDak — Since the Wyoming upset, the No-Nicks have looked identical to last year

Woah-regon 14-42 Portland St. — If PSU's early wins were flukes, we won't know for a few weeks

Idaho St. 21-37 UNLV — Idaho St Collapse continues

Brevard 6-55 Suutah — SUU feasts on a winless DII option team that averages 2.4 yards-per-carry

Stole some ideas and change some flavor text, only pick I changed was Mt St and some scores.

wapiti
September 24th, 2015, 12:16 PM
For us with older eyes please use a larger font.

NAU 20-30 Montana — The Griz won't remind us of Dickenson & co. this Saturday, but they will win

Cal Poly 41-39 Montana St. — The Bobcat defense may as well not have been on the field last week

Weber 28-24 NoCo — The Wildcats have a reasonable chance of going 5-3 in conference

Davis 24-27 NoDak — Since the Wyoming upset, the No-Nicks have looked identical to last year

Idaho St. 21-37 UNLV — The No-so-Runnin' Rebels get their first post-Hauck win

NAU 20-30 Montana — The Griz better pull it together

Cal Poly 35-45 Montana St. — Cal Poly was exposed last week, and Mt St will be ready to capitalize at home.

Weber 28-24 NoCo — zzzzzzz

Davis 14-21 NoDak — Since the Wyoming upset, the No-Nicks have looked identical to last year

Idaho St. 21-37 UNLV — Idaho St Collapse continues

Stole some ideas and change some flavor text, only pick I changed was Mt St and some scores.

Thundar
September 24th, 2015, 12:18 PM
UCD at UND---Both the Aggies and the Dakotans played well enough last weekend against superior opponents to make the game look relatively close. Both hope the defenses keep things close before the offenses can win. Makes for an interesting game here...UND 24, UCD 21.

you serious clark??

wapiti
September 24th, 2015, 12:39 PM
CP at MSU---CP is good at running the ball. MSU has struggled to stop the run....CP 45, MSU 42.

EWU at SAC---EWU offense should do well. SAC seems to be in a rebuilding year...EWU 48, SAC 27.

ISU at Nevada-Las Vegas---Hauck left UNLV in shambles, but ISU has been struggling this year. This game could be a yawner....Nevada-Las Vegas 28, ISU 13.

NAU at UM---UM will most likely be refocused after two losses and they do not want to lose twice in a row in wagriz....UM 31, NAU 27.

Western Oregon at PSU---Based on what PSU has already done this year, this should be a cupcake and give PSU a chance to play the 2's and 3's...PSU 48, Western Oregon 10.

Brevard at SUU---SUU seems to be a bit inconsistent this year, but this game should give SUU a chance to work on some issues...SUU 32, Brevard 13.

UCD at UND---I will go with the home team here in a defensive battle...UND 16, UCD 13.

WSU at UNC---Despite being 1-2 the BBQ seems to have played ok thus far and may potentially sneak up on a few teams this year....WSU 28, UNC 20.

UNDColorado
September 24th, 2015, 12:51 PM
you serious clark??

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21388&stc=1

Seriously though, game is over. NDSU is clearly the better team. Time to move one.

THE HERD
September 24th, 2015, 01:45 PM
More and more conference games makes it more and more difficult to pick the games correctly. This year, more parity in the conference makes it really hard. So far, with mostly non-conference games, I'm at 23-9. Now the games get tough. Here is my quest for perfection this weekend.

CP at MSU---Both teams have explosive offenses and both can score points in a hurry. However, the Mustangs have shown a defense to go with that offense. The Bobcats will try to outscore them. Sometimes it works, sometimes...CP 42, MSU 35.

EWU at SAC---Like the Bobcats, the Eagles have shown a potent offense, one that they will rely on to outscore the other team. Unlike the Mustangs, the Hornets do not have a strong offense, so the Eagles won't need to rely on defense...EWU 51, SAC 21.

ISU at Nevada-Las Vegas---The biggest question mark so far this season has got to be the Bengals. Last week's game against the Mountain West was ugly. This week's opponent is not the same caliber, but in the same conference. As if it matters...Nevada-Las Vegas 31, ISU 14.

NAU at UM---The Lumberjacks played well against Arizona for the first quarter, then completely fell apart the rest of the game. The Grizzlies never did quite catch up completely to Liberty last week. The Grizzlies may be fortunate this game is at home...UM 35, NAU 28.

Western Oregon at PSU---One could argue that last year's downfall for the Vikings started with lack of focus and discipline against Western Oregon, keeping the game closer than it should. This year's team should have learned a lot from that game...PSU 52, Western Oregon 7.

Brevard at SUU---The Thunderbirds are hoping that they may have found an offense last week to go with the defense that has been evident most of the season so far. This is a time to fine tune a few things before actual conference play...SUU 28, Brevard 7.

WSU at UNC---A lot of things to talk about in the conference, yet the play of the Wildcats does not seem to be generating much talk. The Bears get a chance to knock off a conference foe at home, but they may need help from the Wildcats to do it...WSU 30, UNC 10.

Stanford at Oregon State---Beavers don't quite have the firepower to play with the Cardinal...Stanford 34, Oregon State 13
Rocky Mountain at Eastern Oregon---Bears get a good road conference win over the reeling Mountaineers...Rocky Mountain 38, Eastern Oregon 33.

UND did not play well enough last week to make the game look relatively close........they had 61 total yards of offense for the game and a whopping 5 of them were on the ground! They did not get a first down until the third quarter was almost over and they had 3 total first downs in the entire game........if that is keeping it relatively close I would hate to see your definition of an ass whooping. UND defense is solid, but their offense is pathetic! They will be lucky to get two more wins all year.

Grizalltheway
September 24th, 2015, 02:02 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21388&stc=1

Seriously though, game is over. NDSU is clearly the better team. Time to move one.

No kidding. I see Bison fans are back to their old ways after a rare humbling to start the season.

F'N Hawks
September 24th, 2015, 02:07 PM
UND did not play well enough last week to make the game look relatively close........they had 61 total yards of offense for the game and a whopping 5 of them were on the ground! They did not get a first down until the third quarter was almost over and they had 3 total first downs in the entire game........if that is keeping it relatively close I would hate to see your definition of an ass whooping. UND defense is solid, but their offense is pathetic! They will be lucky to get two more wins all year.

Yah Jalmond, how could you possibly type that? The gang has come to correct you. xsmhx

centennial
September 24th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Yah Jalmond, how could you possibly type that? The gang has come to correct you. xsmhx

Stop being so sensitive. This is a FCS football message board, you cannot stop people from sharing their opinions.

Thundar
September 24th, 2015, 04:12 PM
No kidding. I see Bison fans are back to their old ways after a rare humbling to start the season.

why cant we question an inaccuracy?? its inaccurate to say it was close it was a blowout, not one stat in that game was close like the OP stated..not 1

Thundar
September 24th, 2015, 04:14 PM

yep...we will correct any inaccuracy....everyone else does, truth hurts, UND wanted the game and got the outcome everyone but UND expected

UNDColorado
September 24th, 2015, 04:21 PM
Cool story bro. Wins one of two coming this Saturday.

JALMOND
September 24th, 2015, 11:35 PM
Stop being so sensitive. This is a FCS football message board, you cannot stop people from sharing their opinions.

I just find it amusing that the NDSU posters enjoy commenting on every Big Sky thread. Good opinions and great comments. You all should join, you can spend all your time here.xnodxxlolx

MSUBobcat
September 25th, 2015, 12:16 AM

+1. At least they haven't brought up expanding the Fargodome in this thread... yet.

MTfan4life
September 25th, 2015, 12:44 AM
why cant we question an inaccuracy?? its inaccurate to say it was close it was a blowout, not one stat in that game was close like the OP stated..not 1

Well considering you said you should be allowed to question an inaccuracy no matter how many damn threads that same inaccuracy is corrected by 10+ posters, I figured I'd jump on the train and correct your inaccuracy.

You state that NOT ONE stat in that game was close NOT ONE. North Dakota won the turnover battle. They also had better yardage on their punts. They also had a better average on punt returns. Both teams had the SAME amount of sacks for the same amount of yards. Both teams were 100% in the red zone. Yes, we know, the game was a blowout, and you can go on and crap on every Big Sky thread that dare mentions anything false about that NDSU/UND game, but get ready to get the same done to yourself for posting your own inaccuracies. You bitch about other people over-exaggerating about how close they assumed the game was, but decided to falsely over-exaggerate yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjz30i-Ax2k

MSUBobcat
September 25th, 2015, 12:50 AM

Why the uproar on a different conference's pick em thread about an ambiguous comment about a game in the past? So many panties in a bunch. Maybe he meant relatively close on the scoreboard, since most of us didn't watch the game.

Relatively close: I was browsing ESPN's FCS scoreboard, and saw UND (a mid-level Big Sky, non-playoff team) only lost by 25 to the 4x defending champs in their own barn... Damn, UND kept it RELATIVELY CLOSE. Did I look to see how many first downs they had? No, I've got better things to do than look at every games' stats.

Or... Relative to what NDSU did in the national semifinal game against SHSU, surprisingly, UND kept the score close.

I would wager many FCS fans were expecting more than a 25 point win. NDSU won 5 games last year by a larger margin (a 6th was by 24 over YSU). Given the expected results, the actual results were closer than I expected.

Plenty of ways to look at it and not have a problem with a qualitative term, unless it's about the Bison beating the Sioux, of course.

JALMOND
September 25th, 2015, 01:41 AM
"Blowout" wins over Weber and UND have to be duly noted when one is trying to show a loss to Montana was a fluke.

JALMOND
September 27th, 2015, 06:56 PM

7-1 for the week, 30-10 for the season. Also got my two wild card games right.

tomq04
September 28th, 2015, 11:15 AM

Which one did you miss?

UNDBIZ
September 28th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Which one did you miss?

Cal Poly vs MSU

BisonTru
September 28th, 2015, 11:33 AM

How did RMC look? My brother played for the bears. So always a fan.

bobcathpdevil56
September 28th, 2015, 12:38 PM
How did RMC look? My brother played for the bears. So always a fan.

They won in double OT. They have looked good this year, at times. They had Carroll beat, but gave up a Hail Mary.

deez_na
September 28th, 2015, 12:57 PM
you serious clark??

lmao, that was obviously a sentence trolling bison fans. Not 1 person on this planet thought the UND NDSU game was even in the ball park figure of close lol.

UNDColorado
October 5th, 2015, 08:13 AM

Remember how you said we would be lucky to get two more wins the entire year? :D

Nodak78
October 5th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Yep we are damn lucky. xnodx