PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Power Rankings 9-21

JALMOND
September 21st, 2015, 11:25 PM
So here I am pondering about whether or not we as a conference got the number of that train that hit virtually every one playing a non conference opponent last week. Sadly, the only games we won were those that we played against each other (someone check quick, did BYE beat Portland State). Thank goodness conference play is soon to start. Here are this week's power rankings (last week's in parenthesis). The usual, all are my opinion only and all are open for discussion. I hope I didn't put Portland State too high.

1. Eastern Washington (4)---last week beat Montana State at home 55-50, this week at Sacramento State---Defenses may be coming around in the conference, but sometimes the best defense is a good offense. The Eagles outscored Montana State last week, but can they continue to win games like that?

2. Portland State (6)---last week, bye, this week Western Oregon (DII) at home---Maybe the best plan for the conference was simply not to play last week and the Vikings did just that. However, after passing a strong test of playing the hunter, this week they get to play the hunted.

3. Montana State (3)---last week lost at Eastern Washington 55-50, this week Cal Poly at home---The Bobcats showed they are willing to put up some big time points and statistics as well, but did not get a win for their efforts. They may need to find some defense soon.

4. Cal Poly (1)---last week, lost to Northern Iowa (Mo Valley) at home 34-20, this week at Montana State---The Mustangs had to be feeling pretty good, coming off a win at Montana and getting a strong team at home, yet they were blown back from the beginning. Now they need to recover back in the state of Montana.

5. Montana (2)---last week, lost at Liberty (Big South) 31-21, this week Northern Arizona at home---After going clear across the country, the Grizzlies found a more formidable opponent and could not get the win. They start conference play at home against an old foe.

6. Northern Arizona (5)---last week, lost at Arizona (Pac-12) 77-13, this week at Montana---Losing to a Pac-12 school should not be all bad, but given how other Big Sky schools have played against the Pac-12, the Lumberjacks should have been able to keep it relatively close. Now they need a win in a hostile place.

7. North Dakota (7)---last week, lost at North Dakota State (Mo Valley) 34-9, this week UC-Davis at home---In terms of how the losses looked, the Dakotans didn't look too bad against the defending champions. Their defense is still strong and the offense has shown some light. They open conference play at home.

8. Weber State (11)---last week, beat Sacramento State 32-14, this week at Northern Colorado---Somewhat overlooked in all the hype within the conference is that the Wildcats offense is coming to life to complement that potent defense. Another chance at a win this weekend.

9. Southern Utah (9)---last week, beat Northern Colorado 30-3 at home, this week Brevard (DII) at home---The Thunderbirds emerged with a win last week, finally getting some offensive punch going. They may get a chance to develop it more this weekend as they bring in a DII team.

10. Idaho State (8)---last week, lost at Boise State (Mountain West) 52-0, this week at Nevada-Las Vegas (Mountain West)---How the mighty have fallen. The Bengals looked terrible last week playing up a level. Sadly, they still have to play up at that level again this weekend.

11. Sacramento State (10)---last week, lost at Weber State 32-14, this week Eastern Washington at home---Strange that the Hornets could not get a win on the road last week. Strange that their offense has not been on track in two games now. And things are not getting any better.

12. UC-Davis (12)---last week, lost at Hawaii 47-27, this week at North Dakota---Right before halftime last week, the Aggies were up 10-6. Then there was a delay that woke up Hawaii and the Aggies were steamrolled. They start meaningful play this weekend, hoping to duplicate their first half, not the second half.

13. Northern Colorado (13)---last week, lost at Southern Utah 30-3, this week home against Weber State---The Bears glamorous season came crashing down last weekend on the road. They need to be on top of things this weekend at home to reclaim it.

RECAP: 1-2 ahead, 3-5 slightly behind, 6 on an island, 7-8 a bit behind, 9-12 lagging, 13 off the pace

BisonTru
September 22nd, 2015, 12:04 AM
WSU should be above UND. UND did NOT look good last week. Check their total yards gained.

RabidRabbit
September 22nd, 2015, 08:26 AM
WSU should be above UND. UND did NOT look good last week. Check their total yards gained.

UNDie went into Bison den, and fared much worse than Christians. But UNI made Poly look every bit as defensively incompetent. Rabbits thumped TBirds. only thing to take away, is that the top of MVFC appears to be better than middle bottom of BSC.

F'N Hawks
September 22nd, 2015, 08:27 AM

Bison fans talking UND again. We all appreciate it, thanks.

The Top 5 looks fine. 7-8-9 could be flipped around any which way.

cpalum
September 22nd, 2015, 09:28 AM
I can't make heads or tails of this yet....EWU is the best and Northern Colorado is the worst.....I could see any of the rest finishing the season anywhere between 2 and 12.

tomq04
September 22nd, 2015, 10:31 AM
I'm pretty sure EWU has the most favorable schedule, with the exception of having to play Montana in Missoula.

Week
4 - @ Sac St
5 - Cal Poly
6 - @ Idaho St
7 - @ No. Colorado
8 - Weber St
9 - No. Arizona
10 - @ Montana
11 - Portland St

It's reasonable to see EWU at 7-2 going into Week 10, with only real speed bump being Cal Poly if they decide to shape up for that game(6-3).

MTfan4life
September 22nd, 2015, 10:52 AM

What ever happened to bragging about how good your team's defense played? I've seen so many posts from Bison fans about how terrible the UND offense must be if NDSU can shut them down. If I saw a game like that, I'd be much more likely to laud my team's effort than drag the other team through the mud. Yes, UND has been nothing other than terrible the last two weeks on offense. However, I would much rather say that "my team is way better" instead of "gosh your team must suck if they couldn't gain yards against us!"

Nothing against you man, just with all the hubris in this city the last couple years, I'm surprised to hear so many people talking about how bad UND was rather than about how good NDSU played.

In the rankings, I think Southern Utah just simply forgot to bring a hose to a fire call when they played SDSU. They're a much better team than that and showed it against a very good quarterback from Utah State. They should be 7, followed closely by Idaho State and Weber State and UND. It's looking like any of the top 10 in the conference could have beaten Wyoming, with UC-Davis probably also making it a very close coin flip type of game. And the Big Sky isn't even looking like one of the top 2 conferences. That's how bad Wyoming has looked.

centennial
September 22nd, 2015, 11:05 AM
What ever happened to bragging about how good your team's defense played? I've seen so many posts from Bison fans about how terrible the UND offense must be if NDSU can shut them down. If I saw a game like that, I'd be much more likely to laud my team's effort than drag the other team through the mud. Yes, UND has been nothing other than terrible the last two weeks on offense. However, I would much rather say that "my team is way better" instead of "gosh your team must suck if they couldn't gain yards against us!"

Nothing against you man, just with all the hubris in this city the last couple years, I'm surprised to hear so many people talking about how bad UND was rather than about how good NDSU played.

In the rankings, I think Southern Utah just simply forgot to bring a hose to a fire call when they played SDSU. They're a much better team than that and showed it against a very good quarterback from Utah State. They should be 7, followed closely by Idaho State and Weber State and UND. It's looking like any of the top 10 in the conference could have beaten Wyoming, with UC-Davis probably also making it a very close coin flip type of game. And the Big Sky isn't even looking like one of the top 2 conferences. That's how bad Wyoming has looked.

Wyoming is about as good as Georgia State. Bottom 5 FBS easily. I would a expect 8+ from the Big Sky to beat them, and probably everyone but Missouri State from the MVFC to do the same.

Grizalltheway
September 22nd, 2015, 11:12 AM
I'm pretty sure EWU has the most favorable schedule, with the exception of having to play Montana in Missoula.

Week
4 - @ Sac St
5 - Cal Poly
6 - @ Idaho St
7 - @ No. Colorado
8 - Weber St
9 - No. Arizona
10 - @ Montana
11 - Portland St

It's reasonable to see EWU at 7-2 going into Week 10, with only real speed bump being Cal Poly if they decide to shape up for that game(6-3).

With the way things are going, that might not be that tall of an order.

F'N Hawks
September 22nd, 2015, 11:40 AM

Because they cannot stop talking about UND. They just can't.

First it was UND can't ever beat an FBS team. Then they do and now it's about how bad that FBS team was. It just never stops and they really can't help themselves. Ends up taking over damn never every related thread on here.

F'N Hawks
September 22nd, 2015, 11:41 AM
Wyoming is about as good as Georgia State. Bottom 5 FBS easily. I would a expect 8+ from the Big Sky to beat them, and probably everyone but Missouri State from the MVFC to do the same.

^^^^

Can you guys seriously grow up?

BisonTru
September 22nd, 2015, 11:52 AM
Bison fans talking UND again. We all appreciate it, thanks.

The Top 5 looks fine. 7-8-9 could be flipped around any which way.

JFC... We just played a game. We're going to talk about it.

Lucky for you, we don't play again till 2019. And if you want, buy out of it. I could care less.

I guess I see no point in bragging up NDSU's defense in a Big Sky rankings thread.

7. North Dakota (7)---last week, lost at North Dakota State (Mo Valley) 34-9, this week UC-Davis at home---In terms of how the losses looked, the Dakotans didn't look too bad against the defending champions. Their defense is still strong and the offense has shown some light. They open conference play at home.

8. Weber State (11)---last week, beat Sacramento State 32-14, this week at Northern Colorado---Somewhat overlooked in all the hype within the conference is that the Wildcats offense is coming to life to complement that potent defense. Another chance at a win this weekend.

Maybe as a Bison fan I'm not allowed to talk about UND. If that's the case please remove this.

Jalmond does a great job with these, but I disagree with his thoughts on UND. That was arguably one of the worst performances I've seen at the dome. And statistically offensively that is the worst performance against the Bison since something like 1974. I've watched three Big Sky teams against the Bison the first two in person, and I would rank those teams Montana-Weber State-North Dakota.

I'm not ragging on UND. I have no hatred towards them. And to date myself I've only been to one UND/NDSU game in 2003 as a freshman. I'm just calling it as I see it. If UND had impressed me I would argue the other way.

This is JMO, if someone has an opposing view, I'm all ears.

MTfan4life
September 22nd, 2015, 12:55 PM
I'm not ragging on UND. I have no hatred towards them. And to date myself I've only been to one UND/NDSU game in 2003 as a freshman. I'm just calling it as I see it. If UND had impressed me I would argue the other way.

This is JMO, if someone has an opposing view, I'm all ears.

You always provide pretty good commentary on here and as we've found out, we go way back, so I didn't mean to rag on just you.

Crappy offense aside, wouldn't you say UND's defense played pretty well. I thought, as usual, they kept the rushing offense at bay, but showed a little weakness in defending the pass when they aren't able to get to the QB as quickly. It is noteworthy to point out that two of NDSU's TD drives started on the UND half of the field and another at the NDSU 46. Yes, Weber State did do much better on offense against NDSU than UND, but I'd say the Hawks (Off topic: I know this nickname has no chance, but I think it'd be by far the best choice for a team centered around hockey. The could be like the evil Hawks team and hire a guy named Riley. :P ) did much better on defense than the Wildcats. With the offense and defense differences, I'd call it a split between how each performed against you guys. From a fan's point of view, it's a lot easier to think a team has performed poorly if their offense is the problem rather than if it's the defense. NDSU ran all over Weber, but managed just 2.7 yards a carry against UND. Just my quick analysis.

Bisonator
September 22nd, 2015, 01:00 PM

Wow if that doesn't look too bad I'd hate to see what does in your eyes. xlolx

BisonTru
September 22nd, 2015, 01:40 PM
You always provide pretty good commentary on here and as we've found out, we go way back, so I didn't mean to rag on just you.

Crappy offense aside, wouldn't you say UND's defense played pretty well. I thought, as usual, they kept the rushing offense at bay, but showed a little weakness in defending the pass when they aren't able to get to the QB as quickly. It is noteworthy to point out that two of NDSU's TD drives started on the UND half of the field and another at the NDSU 46. Yes, Weber State did do much better on offense against NDSU than UND, but I'd say the Hawks (Off topic: I know this nickname has no chance, but I think it'd be by far the best choice for a team centered around hockey. The could be like the evil Hawks team and hire a guy named Riley. :P ) did much better on defense than the Wildcats. With the offense and defense differences, I'd call it a split between how each performed against you guys. From a fan's point of view, it's a lot easier to think a team has performed poorly if their offense is the problem rather than if it's the defense. NDSU ran all over Weber, but managed just 2.7 yards a carry against UND. Just my quick analysis.

UND has some impressive LBs notably Ratelle and Iduwo. The latter beat our All-American tackle badly on an early sack that single-handily ended that drive.
But UND is one dimensional. They have a good rush defense and they sell out to stop the run. With their LB core I'd suggest selling out on the pass.

We scored on 6 of the first 8 drives and TDs on 4 of those. If we don't call off the dogs and we find someone to catch a punt this score could have been ugly.

UND will not fair well in the Big Sky until they find an offense and sure up their pass defense. Montana, if they can find a decent replacement for Gus, will have the ball in the air before the LBs can get into the backfield.

As always, time will tell and JMO.

centennial
September 22nd, 2015, 01:56 PM
UND has some impressive LBs notably Ratelle and Iduwo. The latter beat our All-American tackle badly on an early sack that single-handily ended that drive.
But UND is one dimensional. They have a good rush defense and they sell out to stop the run. With their LB core I'd suggest selling out on the pass.

We scored on 6 of the first 8 drives and TDs on 4 of those. If we don't call off the dogs and we find someone to catch a punt this score could have been ugly.

UND will not fair well in the Big Sky until they find an offense and sure up their pass defense. Montana, if they can find a decent replacement for Gus, will have the ball in the air before the LBs can get into the backfield.

As always, time will tell and JMO.

We called off the dogs in the middle of the 3rd. Went to a complete vanilla, pretty much wasting time and trading punts. Some people weren't happy but the game was firmly in NDSU hands. I got the feeling we were trying not to embarrass UND.

Between Weber and UND, I would give the edge to Weber on O. On D UND is better but not at defending the pass, they also run Soft coverages. Ironically, it was Weber last year that showed everyone that if you can prevent NDSU from running you have a chance. This year they didn't load the box quite so much.
IMO UND probably has more upside if they can fix the offense.. Right now I would give a slight edge to Weber but would not bet either way.

wapiti
September 23rd, 2015, 12:06 PM
JFC...
Lucky for you, we don't play again till 2019. And if you want, buy out of it. I could care less.

and it is statements like these that make me think that NDSU fans are chicken to play UND.
Are you afraid you might lose to UND? It has happened before and it will happen again if you keep playing them.

Come on, take off the Bizon glasses and see the benefits of playing UND.
It would big a huge rivalry game and would sell tickets at a higher price than other games and thus results in more revenue for both teams.
It has potential to be as big as Cat/griz, but you got to be playing each other every year.

wapiti
September 23rd, 2015, 12:23 PM
I am not sure if Montana State should be 3rd with the way their defense has struggled. I probably would have put MSU 5th and moved CP and UM up one.

6 through 9 could be put in almost any order.

So here I am pondering about whether or not we as a conference got the number of that train that hit virtually every one playing a non conference opponent last week. Sadly, the only games we won were those that we played against each other (someone check quick, did BYE beat Portland State). Thank goodness conference play is soon to start. Here are this week's power rankings (last week's in parenthesis). The usual, all are my opinion only and all are open for discussion. I hope I didn't put Portland State too high.

1. Eastern Washington (4)---last week beat Montana State at home 55-50, this week at Sacramento State---Defenses may be coming around in the conference, but sometimes the best defense is a good offense. The Eagles outscored Montana State last week, but can they continue to win games like that?

2. Portland State (6)---last week, bye, this week Western Oregon (DII) at home---Maybe the best plan for the conference was simply not to play last week and the Vikings did just that. However, after passing a strong test of playing the hunter, this week they get to play the hunted.

3. Montana State (3)---last week lost at Eastern Washington 55-50, this week Cal Poly at home---The Bobcats showed they are willing to put up some big time points and statistics as well, but did not get a win for their efforts. They may need to find some defense soon.

4. Cal Poly (1)---last week, lost to Northern Iowa (Mo Valley) at home 34-20, this week at Montana State---The Mustangs had to be feeling pretty good, coming off a win at Montana and getting a strong team at home, yet they were blown back from the beginning. Now they need to recover back in the state of Montana.

5. Montana (2)---last week, lost at Liberty (Big South) 31-21, this week Northern Arizona at home---After going clear across the country, the Grizzlies found a more formidable opponent and could not get the win. They start conference play at home against an old foe.

6. Northern Arizona (5)---last week, lost at Arizona (Pac-12) 77-13, this week at Montana---Losing to a Pac-12 school should not be all bad, but given how other Big Sky schools have played against the Pac-12, the Lumberjacks should have been able to keep it relatively close. Now they need a win in a hostile place.

9. Southern Utah (9)---last week, beat Northern Colorado 30-3 at home, this week Brevard (DII) at home---The Thunderbirds emerged with a win last week, finally getting some offensive punch going. They may get a chance to develop it more this weekend as they bring in a DII team.

10. Idaho State (8)---last week, lost at Boise State (Mountain West) 52-0, this week at Nevada-Las Vegas (Mountain West)---How the mighty have fallen. The Bengals looked terrible last week playing up a level. Sadly, they still have to play up at that level again this weekend.

11. Sacramento State (10)---last week, lost at Weber State 32-14, this week Eastern Washington at home---Strange that the Hornets could not get a win on the road last week. Strange that their offense has not been on track in two games now. And things are not getting any better.

12. UC-Davis (12)---last week, lost at Hawaii 47-27, this week at North Dakota---Right before halftime last week, the Aggies were up 10-6. Then there was a delay that woke up Hawaii and the Aggies were steamrolled. They start meaningful play this weekend, hoping to duplicate their first half, not the second half.

13. Northern Colorado (13)---last week, lost at Southern Utah 30-3, this week home against Weber State---The Bears glamorous season came crashing down last weekend on the road. They need to be on top of things this weekend at home to reclaim it.

RECAP: 1-2 ahead, 3-5 slightly behind, 6 on an island, 7-8 a bit behind, 9-12 lagging, 13 off the pace

BisonTru
September 23rd, 2015, 01:17 PM
and it is statements like these that make me think that NDSU fans are chicken to play UND.
Are you afraid you might lose to UND? It has happened before and it will happen again if you keep playing them.

Come on, take off the Bizon glasses and see the benefits of playing UND.
It would big a huge rivalry game and would sell tickets at a higher price than other games and thus results in more revenue for both teams.
It has potential to be as big as Cat/griz, but you got to be playing each other every year.

No it wouldn't.

We sold 1600 single game tickets for $50 for that game that are normally $25 (NDSU wildly undercharges for these tickets for any game.) That's an extra $40,000. That is not worth giving up a home game every other year.

UND ended the rivalry. After they moved up to DI, NDSU had an offer to play every other year alternating venues. They didn't like the deal so we didn't play. After 3 championships NDSU offered two games in Fargo for '15 and '17 for 170-190K guarantees. UND declined that offer. The only offer they would agree to was the '15 and '19 deal.

NDSU has never said they won't play the game it just has to work for us.

Bottom line this isn't going to be an every year game until one of the following happens:
1. We end up in the same conference.
2. UND becomes a perennial playoff team that would help our SOS.
3. NDSU ticket demand subsides and then there would be a financial incentive for NDSU to play the series.

UND on the other hand could come down here for a nice guarantee that would net more than they would net paying a guarantee to get a home OOC game. And the game would be on state-wide television.

F'N Hawks
September 23rd, 2015, 01:25 PM
No it wouldn't.

We sold 1600 single game tickets for $50 for that game that are normally $25 (NDSU wildly undercharges for these tickets for any game.) That's an extra $40,000. That is not worth giving up a home game every other year.

UND ended the rivalry. After they moved up to DI, NDSU had an offer to play every other year alternating venues. They didn't like the deal so we didn't play. After 3 championships NDSU offered two games in Fargo for '15 and '17 for 170-190K guarantees. UND declined that offer. The only offer they would agree to was the '15 and '19 deal.

Bottom line this isn't going to be an every year game until one of the following happens:
3. NDSU ticket demand subsides and then there would be a financial incentive for NDSU to play the series.

UND on the other hand could come down here for a nice guarantee that would net more than they would net paying a guarantee to get a home OOC game. And the game would be on state-wide television.

...however, you raised your season tickets $20 (some went from $185 to $205 I believe), which happens to be the difference between the UND ticket cost ($60) and the next highest game ($40) vs. UNI. So they basically built it into the season tickets.

BisonTru
September 23rd, 2015, 01:34 PM
...however, you raised your season tickets $20 (some went from $185 to $205 I believe), which happens to be the difference between the UND ticket cost ($60) and the next highest game ($40) vs. UNI. So they basically built it into the season tickets.

NDSU season tickets are under priced for the amount of demand minus maybe some of the crazy teammaker level seats around the fifty. They have been trying to up prices and teammaker donations for years without creating any sticker shock. So a little at a time. It has little to nothing to do with playing UND. They will not go down in price next year when UND isn't on the schedule.

I was logged in to buy single game tickets the second they went on sale. I first tried for UNI, could only get SRO. Then I got a couple seats for WIU, and then a couple more for MSU. Lastly I tried for UND tickets and I got them, kinda shocked I did considering UNI by that point was soldout. I tried for a few more after that everything was soldout.

F'N Hawks
September 23rd, 2015, 01:39 PM
NDSU season tickets are under priced for the amount of demand minus maybe some of the crazy teammaker level seats around the fifty. They have been trying to up prices and teammaker donations for years without creating any sticker shock. So a little at a time. It has little to nothing to do with playing UND. They will not go down in price next year when UND isn't on the schedule.

I was logged in to buy single game tickets the second they went on sale. I first tried for UNI, could only get SRO. Then I got a couple seats for WIU, and then a couple more for MSU. Lastly I tried for UND tickets and I got them, kinda shocked I did considering UNI by that point was soldout. I tried for a few more after that everything was soldout.

So you're telling us that everyone was logged in and ready to roll to get UNI tickets the day single-gamers went on sale? You guys just can't help yourselves. It's truly remarkable.

wapiti
September 23rd, 2015, 01:43 PM
Hmm I do see your point there. The Alerus center only seats around 12,200 and not much room for an affordable expansion. Fargodome seats at least 6,000 more, but it too does not have room for affordable expansion.
So games at the Alerus would have to charge about a 1/3 more to bring in the same revenue as a game in the Fargodome. That probably could be done and still sell out.

How much revenue does State Wide TV coverage bring in? In addition to the marketing for each school.

It does make sense geographically for UND to be in the MVFC.
We just need Idaho to drop back down. (or for Wyoming to drop down.)

No it wouldn't.

UNIFanSince1983
September 23rd, 2015, 01:54 PM
So you're telling us that everyone was logged in and ready to roll to get UNI tickets the day single-gamers went on sale? You guys just can't help yourselves. It's truly remarkable.

I can completely believe everyone wanted UNI tickets over UND tickets this year. One team is a conference mate, one team was in the playoffs last year, one team was the only one to beat them last year. Yeah hard to believe people would rather see a game that should be good over what everyone expected (and was) a blowout.

BisonTru
September 23rd, 2015, 02:55 PM
Hmm I do see your point there. The Alerus center only seats around 12,200 and not much room for an affordable expansion. Fargodome seats at least 6,000 more, but it too does not have room for affordable expansion.
So games at the Alerus would have to charge about a 1/3 more to bring in the same revenue as a game in the Fargodome. That probably could be done and still sell out.

How much revenue does State Wide TV coverage bring in? In addition to the marketing for each school.

I'm not sure I'm following why NDSU would care how much revenue UND/Alerus Center could make off a home and home. But yes, UND would make a ton of money doing a home and home with NDSU. One of the SD schools gets a sellout once a year because of our fans. It's a really, really good deal for one party and a bad deal for the other.

Like I said this game is played every year if UND had moved up with us or had got into the same conference. This game probably would be played every other year if UND had taken the deal offered several years ago. And there would be a game scheduled for '17 if their AD had taken the deal we offered before our former AD had left.

UND fans want to scream "they won't play us" because we won't sign off on a home and home, but there have been plenty of opportunities to get some of these games scheduled. UND just can't get out of their own way.

Then outsiders badger us, "why won't you play them?"

We will. But were not going to take a bad deal.

MTfan4life
September 23rd, 2015, 03:04 PM

Why would the Sky need to get back to 13 in that scenario? Twelve is much better, imo.

tomq04
September 23rd, 2015, 03:19 PM
Why would the Sky need to get back to 13 in that scenario? Twelve is much better, imo.

When are we going to do a Big Sky North/South like the Pac 12?

EWU
MT
MT St
Portland St
UND
Idaho St

Everyone else down south? We could pick up an Idaho/Wyoming and let UND go to where they belong easily enough.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2015, 06:59 PM
There was an article in the forum that said the Fargodome could be expanded to 25000 iirc

No_Skill
September 23rd, 2015, 08:39 PM
There was an article in the forum that said the Fargodome could be expanded to 25000 iirc

Nope. The max number with the current proposals was around 20k. 25k would be a major renovation that would be cost prohibitive.

mvemjsunpx
September 23rd, 2015, 10:47 PM
When are we going to do a Big Sky North/South like the Pac 12?

EWU
MT
MT St
Portland St
UND
Idaho St

Everyone else down south? We could pick up an Idaho/Wyoming and let UND go to where they belong easily enough.

There's really no point in having divisions since the league couldn't do a conference championship game anyway.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2015, 11:53 PM
Nope. The max number with the current proposals was around 20k. 25k would be a major renovation that would be cost prohibitive.

I thought they considered moving the press box to the other side and creating a new "party" deck and club seating to get around 25k with a new awning of sorts above the west side and moving Albrecht over. Too bad that would probably cut into the tailgating area

MSUBobcat
September 24th, 2015, 12:30 AM

I thought they considered moving the press box to the other side and creating a new "party" deck and club seating to get around 25k with a new awning of sorts above the west side and moving Albrecht over. Too bad that would probably cut into the tailgating area

I'll concede that some of the banter by NDSU fans is in response to a UND fan or fans. But seriously, this is not the place for Fargodome expansion talk, which has been done ad nauseam in other forums in conjunction with the discussion of NDSU jumping to FBS. Please find your way to the door. Thanks.

JALMOND
September 24th, 2015, 09:18 AM
I'll concede that some of the banter by NDSU fans is in response to a UND fan or fans. But seriously, this is not the place for Fargodome expansion talk, which has been done ad nauseam in other forums in conjunction with the discussion of NDSU jumping to FBS. Please find your way to the door. Thanks.

I would say, being that NDSU has played their three games all against the Big Sky, that makes them honorary members as of now. But beating a couple mid-pack teams and losing to #5, I don't think they would like where I would put them. We have been getting ours handed to us by the Valley, but NDSU has not been the one doing the handling.

tomq04
September 24th, 2015, 03:47 PM
I would say, being that NDSU has played their three games all against the Big Sky, that makes them honorary members as of now. But beating a couple mid-pack teams and losing to #5, I don't think they would like where I would put them. We have been getting ours handed to us by the Valley, but NDSU has not been the one doing the handling.

Maybe we can play along?
0. Lehigh
1. UNI
2. EWU
3. NDSU
4. PSU
5. Montana !?1

BisonTru
September 24th, 2015, 05:38 PM
Maybe we can play along?
0. Lehigh
1. UNI
2. EWU
3. NDSU
4. PSU
5. Montana !?1

Pretty generous spot for NDSU considering how close that team that shall remain nameless, not so much because they literally don't have a name, but because we aren't suppose to speak of them, played us.

1. UNI
2. EWU
3. PSU
4. UM
5. SDSU
6. MSU
7. Team that shall remain nameless
8. NDSU

Purplish, maybe, who knows maybe I'm spot on.

tomq04
September 24th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Pretty generous spot for NDSU considering how close that team that shall remain nameless, not so much because they literally don't have a name, but because we aren't suppose to speak of them, played us.

1. UNI
2. EWU
3. PSU
4. UM
5. SDSU
6. MSU
7. Team that shall remain nameless
8. NDSU

Purplish, maybe, who knows maybe I'm spot on.

I laughed, I cried, and I kissed 5 bucks good bye.

No_Skill
September 24th, 2015, 06:39 PM

Just correcting some info, no harm intended. Go Bobcats! :)

Catbooster
September 24th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Just correcting some info, no harm intended. Go Bobcats! :)
Well, now, that's more like it ;)xnodx

Bisonwinagn
September 24th, 2015, 10:01 PM
EWU is clearly the team to beat. They've already beat Montana St and I don't see anyone else beating them. Although it would be hilarious if they lost a game and Montana ST still won the conference....hhahahah

MSUBobcat
September 25th, 2015, 01:06 AM
EWU is clearly the team to beat. They've already beat Montana St and I don't see anyone else beating them. Although it would be hilarious if they lost a game and Montana ST still won the conference....hhahahah

EWU is definitely the team to beat, and it's easily possible that MSU can still win the conference since the game was OOC. What would be even more... hilarious?, is if MSU won the conference and EWU got the higher seed for playoffs due to the head to head win.

kalm
September 25th, 2015, 08:14 AM
EWU is definitely the team to beat, and it's easily possible that MSU can still win the conference since the game was OOC. What would be even more... hilarious?, is if MSU won the conference and EWU got the higher seed for playoffs due to the head to head win.

That's almost a lock if we were to finish with the same record, based as much on SOS as H2H. A 5 point loss @ EWU is practically a push.