PDA

View Full Version : SLC Pick'em Week 4

BEAR
September 21st, 2015, 08:27 AM
This is an elimination week. The bottom player/players will be eliminated. There are 8 games left.

Current standings as of 9-21-15: Week 3

UCABEAR-5
REVSFA- 4
SAMMY94- 4
SKYHAWK- 3
EIU1999- 3
ROOMS- 2
DAYTRIPPER- 2
MCNEESE75- 2
CATATONIC- 1
SAMALUM-0

We've got 9 players and 8 weeks left... who's going home next week? xeyebrowx

Our winner this week: SAMALUM with 0 points after 3 weeks.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0a/c0/dd/0ac0ddb7fcca5e8812b9a38818ee2561.jpg

Next weeks games:

SFA at ACU
UCA at NWST
Mississippi College at McNeese
HBU at SHSU
UIW at UTEP
Nicholls at Colorado

ALL picks must be in by midnight Friday Sept. 18. First game is 1 p.m. Saturday. Any questions feel free to PM me. If you would like to donate an SLC memorabelia to the prize pot feel free to PM me.

Don't forget to pick the WINNER AND THE POINT SPREAD. Example: SAM by 45 or SAM +45. Any questions about previous weeks winners picks please PM me. Remember, I'm the only smuck working this contest...it's not easy.

Daytripper
September 21st, 2015, 08:54 AM
SFA at ACU by 10
UCA by 3 at NWST
Mississippi College at McNeese by 24
HBU at SHSU by 28
UIW at UTEP by 34
Nicholls at Colorado by 50

eiu1999
September 21st, 2015, 09:26 AM
SFA at ACU +3
UCA at NWST +7
Mississippi College at McNeese +14
HBU at SHSU +21
UIW at UTEP +30
Nicholls at Colorado +31

BEAR
September 21st, 2015, 09:54 AM
My thoughts on this weeks games without prediction:

SFA at ACU- This will be a close game. I think these are evenly matched teams and SFA has had it rough and will bounce back but not enough to defeat the Wildcats. ACU in a squeaker.
UCA at NWST- After a week off and more time to diagnose problems on offense, I think UCA is ready to get this team on track. A loss and the season is finished.
Mississippi College at McNeese- Bloodbath. McNeese in a route by large amounts.
HBU at SHSU- Bloodbath II- Sammy bounces back and takes its frustrations out on the Huskies.
UIW at UTEP- UTEP lets off the gas and wins by 5 TDs
Nicholls at Colorado- Same scenario as above. Colorado by 5 TDs.

Thoughts?

McNeese75
September 21st, 2015, 10:33 AM

SFA at ACU- This will be a close game. I think these are evenly matched teams and SFA has had it rough and will bounce back but not enough to defeat the Wildcats. ACU in a squeaker.
UCA at NWST- After a week off and more time to diagnose problems on offense, I think UCA is ready to get this team on track. A loss and the season is finished.
HBU at SHSU- Bloodbath II- Sammy bounces back and takes its frustrations out on the Huskies.

Thoughts?

I have not thought about spreads yet but I agree with your picks. I am a little cautious about the bloodbath pick for McNeese. Not sure what this d-II team is going to bring to town but they play a pretty salty schedule (Valdosta State, North Alabama, etc) and have a big QB that might be capable of carrying a team on his shoulders.

Daytripper
September 21st, 2015, 10:34 AM

Thoughts?

Pretty much agree with all except I think ACU beats SFA.

BEAR
September 21st, 2015, 10:51 AM
Pretty much agree with all except I think ACU beats SFA.

ACU in a squeaker.

More than a squeaker?

Daytripper
September 21st, 2015, 10:56 AM
ACU in a squeaker.

More than a squeaker?

By 3....I guess that would be a squeaker.

BEAR
September 21st, 2015, 03:14 PM
I just sent Ursus a Week 4 SLC preview to be put on TheWedge. I'm sure he'll post it later today if he has time.

McNeese75
September 21st, 2015, 04:18 PM
SFA at ACU -7
UCA at NWST -3
Mississippi College at McNeese -43
HBU at SHSU -35
UIW at UTEP -38
Nicholls at Colorado -48

Catatonic
September 21st, 2015, 05:45 PM

Thoughts?

SFA at ACU and UCA at NWSTU are coin toss games. Especially the UCA game. UCA gets points for being rested...NWSTU gets points for home field.

The rest? just a matter of picking the margin.

SFA 93
September 21st, 2015, 06:59 PM
UNCHARTED TERRITORY
The loss to McNeese State Saturday night put head coach Clint Conque (http://www.sfajacks.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/clint_conque_879966.html) into uncharted territory as he now sits at 0-3 for the first time in his 16-year head coaching career. Conque started 0-2 in 2007 at Central Arkansas en route to a 6-5 season with the roughest start to his coaching career coming in a 1-5 clip after six games in 2000, his first season as head coach, as UCA finished 3-8 that season, one of only two seasons he has finished with a sub-.500 record.

Sammy94
September 22nd, 2015, 08:25 AM
ACU +10
NWST +7
McNeese +35
SHSU +28
UTEP +31
Colorado +35

BEAR
September 22nd, 2015, 10:02 AM
Are there any Demon fans on the board? If not, can any of you other SLC fans tell me where to stay, where to eat, and what to visit in Natchaville?

Sammy94
September 22nd, 2015, 10:34 AM
I've never stayed or hung out in Demon town but I always eat here.

http://lasyones.com/

McNeese75
September 22nd, 2015, 10:50 AM
Are there any Demon fans on the board? If not, can any of you other SLC fans tell me where to stay, where to eat, and what to visit in Natchaville?

There are plenty of hotels near 49 and 6. If you are looking for a bed and breakfast I imagine there are some there as well.

This is probably the best know meat pie restaurant there (which is what the area is known for)

http://lasyones.com/

Daytripper
September 22nd, 2015, 10:56 AM
I just love to say the words "meat pie!"

McNeese72
September 22nd, 2015, 01:16 PM
I've eaten both at The Landing and Mariner's Restaurants when we've played there in the past and both are decent.

Doc

Nickels
September 22nd, 2015, 03:07 PM
I went to Merci Beaucoup a couple of years ago and it was great.

TheRevSFA
September 22nd, 2015, 05:31 PM
SFA at ACU - ACU +7
UCA at NWST - NWST by 17
Mississippi College at McNeese - Mcneese by 49
HBU at SHSU - Sam by 59
UIW at UTEP - UTEP by 36
Nicholls at Colorado - Colorado by 49

BEAR
September 22nd, 2015, 06:05 PM
SFA at ACU - ACU +7
UCA at NWST - NWST by 17
Mississippi College at McNeese - Mcneese by 49
HBU at SHSU - Sam by 59
UIW at UTEP - UTEP by 36
Nicholls at Colorado - Colorado by 49

I don't know if I'm more amazed by the score spreads in bold or the Demon pick! xlolx

TheRevSFA
September 22nd, 2015, 07:23 PM
I don't know if I'm more amazed by the score spreads in bold or the Demon pick! xlolx

Silence. You are speaking of the defending champ

BEAR
September 22nd, 2015, 07:50 PM
Silence. You are speaking of the defending champ

xlolx
Those were words from the current leader. So silence yourself!

Catatonic
September 23rd, 2015, 06:43 AM
SFA at ACU +3
UCA at NWST +4
Mississippi College at McNeese +45
HBU at SHSU +46
UIW at UTEP +28
Nicholls at Colorado +48

katstrapper
September 23rd, 2015, 04:47 PM
Yall are either being generous or cautious on the HBU/ SHSU game. In the two games these two teams have played, the Kats have won 150-0 .

Catatonic
September 23rd, 2015, 04:55 PM
Yall are either being generous or cautious on the HBU/ SHSU game. In the two games these two teams have played, the Kats have won 150-0 .

That's an average of 75-0. They have virtually all their players back and have shown a little improvement. Hence my prediction of "only' a 49 point win.

BEAR
September 23rd, 2015, 07:07 PM

I don't know....I mean if the Bearkats lost to Lamar it will be hard to give them much more than 50 to HBU

BEAR
September 24th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Looks like the UCA turf made the NY Times this week:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/23/upshot/the-nfl-extra-point-has-changed-but-deuces-still-arent-wild.html?rref=upshot&_r=0

About five years ago, there was a fad for not-green turf. Some colleges went blue (http://www.newhavenchargers.com/sports/2010/2/11/dellacamerastadium.aspx) or fire-engine red (http://www.goeags.com/facilities/ewas-roos.html). Central Arkansas topped them all (http://www.ucasports.com/sports/2010/8/9/FB_0809101221.aspx). Even some high schools now sport turf (http://www.olsmathletics.com/sports/football) that’s visible from orbit. Perhaps if the Longhorns hope to rise to being the fourth-best college football program in Texas, switching to burnt orange turf would help.

http://static01.nyt.com/images/2015/09/22/upshot/23UP-TMQ-f/23UP-TMQ-f-articleLarge.jpg

McNeese72
September 24th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Looks like the UCA turf made the NY Times this week:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/23/upshot/the-nfl-extra-point-has-changed-but-deuces-still-arent-wild.html?rref=upshot&_r=0

http://static01.nyt.com/images/2015/09/22/upshot/23UP-TMQ-f/23UP-TMQ-f-articleLarge.jpg

Still love my friend, Cbuck's, comment when he first saw the stripes. He said it made him feel like lighting candles and singing Happy Birthday. ;)

Doc

BEAR
September 24th, 2015, 03:55 PM
SFA at ACU +10
UCA at NWST +28
Mississippi College at McNeese +35
HBU at SHSU +49
UIW at UTEP +49
Nicholls at Colorado +49

Rooms
September 24th, 2015, 06:37 PM
SFA at ACU +10
UCA at NWST +14
Mississippi College at McNeese +21
HBU at SHSU +24
UIW at UTEP +30
Nicholls at Colorado +30

Catatonic
September 25th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Lumberjack fans starting to roll into town for the big game tomorrow. Is this Rev or 93?

http://orig14.deviantart.net/299f/f/2013/110/e/1/i_m_a_lumberjack_and_i_m_okay__by_deidarags-d62cr7v.jpg

BEAR
September 25th, 2015, 08:01 PM
I ate at The Landing here in Natcha. They brought out this MASSIVE bowl of shrimp and crab pasta and said only 2 people have finished a bowl of it. I ate it in 8 minutes and also got a bowl of gumbo. They took my pic and said they are putting it on Facebook. xlolx Photo to follow soon. Nice town too! Meat pies everywhere!

Catatonic
September 27th, 2015, 01:05 AM
Pretty good weekend so far. ACU Picks up W. Looks like I may pick up 3 points in the pick em contest this week? No shrimp and crab pasta. Had to settle for carnitas street tacos, but all in all a decent Saturday.

BEAR
September 27th, 2015, 06:28 AM
NWST offered zero on defense and Ed Eagen on offense. It was over by second quarter.

Finally our first home game next week! Win or lose it will be nice to tailgate!

Catatonic
September 28th, 2015, 07:05 AM
NWST offered zero on defense and Ed Eagen on offense. It was over by second quarter.

Finally our first home game next week! Win or lose it will be nice to tailgate!

Last year UCA blew out NWST a week before a lopsided loss to ACU. I am hoping past is prologue.

BEAR
September 28th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Last year UCA blew out NWST a week before a lopsided loss to ACU. I am hoping past is prologue.

Yeah I bet you are. But I see a different mindset with the kids this year. Last year they were playing but it was only because it was a game under a new coach. This year its kind of personal for them. I think they have adjusted. Not saying they will win but the defense that held Oklahoma State to 10 points in a half and minus a couple of long plays nullified NWST, pretty much are ready. Offense might have found its feet too but still not sure since coach played backups in the second quarter on saturday. I think these guys know with 2 losses the only way they can go post season is to run the conference ..well most of it. Gotta take care of business at home though..