PDA

View Full Version : Youngstown Montana final?

Griz40
December 2nd, 2006, 08:36 PM
Possible

lizrdgizrd
December 2nd, 2006, 08:37 PM
ASU - UMass final?

Possible

sdgriz24
December 2nd, 2006, 08:38 PM
pointless thread

mschn99
December 2nd, 2006, 08:39 PM
down to the best four teams in the nation.....proven by the playoffs and the polls......i would say anything is possible although if i had to pick one thing to give anyone an edge id say id go with both home teams........Appy/Montana is my pick

igo4uni
December 2nd, 2006, 08:40 PM
pointless thread

speculative, but not pointless.

Mountain Panther
December 2nd, 2006, 08:42 PM
YSU all the way. I wanna be able to say we beat the National Champion during the regular season...:hurray: (pointless, I know :nonono2: :bang: :bawling: )

lizrdgizrd
December 2nd, 2006, 08:44 PM
YSU all the way. I wanna be able to say we beat the National Champion during the regular season...:hurray: (pointless, I know :nonono2: :bang: :bawling: )
Course, when ASU wins you can say you lost to the 2X NC last year!

AppStateMan
December 2nd, 2006, 08:45 PM
What kind of thread is this? You Montana fans are REALLY confident. Better watch out, or you'll end up like the other school in your state...sitting at home on December 15.

mschn99
December 2nd, 2006, 08:46 PM
What kind of thread is this? You Montana fans are REALLY confident. Better watch out, or you'll end up like the other school in your state...sitting at home on December 15.
well....if your gonna talk like that....u might even want to heed your own advice:p

griz37
December 2nd, 2006, 08:47 PM
here are the possiblities:
Montana vs YSU
Montana vs App St.
YSU vs UMASS
App St. Vs UMASS

End of thread. :D

lizrdgizrd
December 2nd, 2006, 08:49 PM
here are the possiblities:
Montana vs YSU
Montana vs App St.
YSU vs UMASS
App St. Vs UMASS

End of thread. :D
I like either Montana v ASU or UMass v ASU. :twocents:

mschn99
December 2nd, 2006, 08:50 PM
I like either Montana v ASU or UMass v ASU. :twocents:
considering what the griz D has been like...you would probably rather play UMass......but im hoping for an ASU/UofM game.....i think it would be a knock down drag out brawl:D

ncguitarplyr
December 2nd, 2006, 08:51 PM
my pick is ASU vs UMASS

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2006, 08:53 PM
my pick is ASU vs UMASS

I sense fear in your voice, young padawon :nod:

ysubigred
December 2nd, 2006, 09:23 PM
Did not see UMASS or the Griz play today (all year) so I can't comment on what I've seen there.

I did watch most of the App St. game and WOW!! YSU will need an A++ game to be in the game in the end. Good luck to all the final four teams and may the best teams win :)

AppStateSVX
December 2nd, 2006, 09:25 PM
what is with all the Montana fans being so negative about us? I mean...geeze, we bested your archrival that all of you were predicting to upset us.....and now you are like "oh, well, we will get ready for YSU now"

Griz40
December 2nd, 2006, 09:38 PM
I didn't see UMass play today so I am sure we will have our hands full but your App State team feels a lot like Marshal of 95. Tough...helluva true frosh qb...and ready for someone to beat them. That I take out of watching today's game on espn2. It was a great scouting game for us. I have been trying to hold my tongue on that but there it is.

mtgrizfan4life
December 2nd, 2006, 09:39 PM
what is with all the Montana fans being so negative about us? I mean...geeze, we bested your archrival that all of you were predicting to upset us.....and now you are like "oh, well, we will get ready for YSU now"

Call it as you will. Right now the only team on Griznation mind is U Mass. Many Griz fans are pulling for YSU because of the long term success of the programs. Also YSU has been very supportive of us all year. Our QB, Josh Swogger is from that area. Swogger has been interviewed of late by YSU area radio stations. Swogger is a class act and he would love to meet YSU. That would be a great way to end his collegiate career.

Nothing against Applachian State, just there is a lot of history and mutual respect between YSU and UM. So App State fans, that is a little FYI for you as to why we may seem impartial to YSU. As for me, all I want is a GRIZ win next week. Sentimentally, I want YSU, yet ego wise I want App State, being they are the defending champions. It is like picking one's poison.

Grizo406
December 2nd, 2006, 10:04 PM

Not all Montana fans. At least not this one.

Happy Penguin
December 2nd, 2006, 10:05 PM
my pick is ASU vs UMASS

wow, you picked both games wrong...amazing!!!:hurray: :hurray:

grizfan86
December 2nd, 2006, 10:19 PM
I didn't see the cats and App. St. today, but any team that can make the Big Human (Kramer) get out of his game plan and press with the silly WR pass is going to be a very good team. He doesn't do that kind of thing. The Griz were tremendous on D today, like always, and I personally think it is inevitable that we meet App. in the final. I hate the Cats, but I respect them, and a team that beat them like App. did today is definatley the team to beat. Sorry YSU, but I think it is going to have to wait. HOLD ON!!! Griz have to beat UMASS first, and App. has to beat YSU!!! God I love playoffs!!!

Griz40
December 2nd, 2006, 10:22 PM
good grizfan86! I like that!

GrizDen
December 2nd, 2006, 11:47 PM
Call it as you will. Right now the only team on Griznation mind is U Mass. Many Griz fans are pulling for YSU because of the long term success of the programs. Also YSU has been very supportive of us all year. Our QB, Josh Swogger is from that area. Swogger has been interviewed of late by YSU area radio stations. Swogger is a class act and he would love to meet YSU. That would be a great way to end his collegiate career.

Nothing against Applachian State, just there is a lot of history and mutual respect between YSU and UM. So App State fans, that is a little FYI for you as to why we may seem impartial to YSU. As for me, all I want is a GRIZ win next week. Sentimentally, I want YSU, yet ego wise I want App State, being they are the defending champions. It is like picking one's poison.

Agreed. I believe YSU is 2-0 against us in the playoffs. I sure would like a crack at getting one in the Win column.

But as the saying goes...."one game at a time."

yosef1969
December 3rd, 2006, 12:13 AM
Have to worry about YSU first but would love to see the griz in chatty.
Either way, can't think of a better way to win an NC (if we are able to win out), with wins against 6 former national champs (JMU, GSU, FU, MSU, YSU??? and UM??? or UMASS???)
Good luck to everyone in the semis, ton of history in the final four. No offense to the UMASS or my Apps for that matter but YSU and UM have set the standard in FCS and beating them would be special.
Not to mention I really would like for ASU to have the opportunity to avenge that 2001 semifinal loss.

appman87
December 3rd, 2006, 01:03 AM
ASU vs Montana in the final.

Peems
December 3rd, 2006, 01:51 AM
Have to worry about YSU first but would love to see the griz in chatty.
Either way, can't think of a better way to win an NC (if we are able to win out), with wins against 6 former national champs (JMU, GSU, FU, MSU, YSU??? and UM??? or UMASS???)
Good luck to everyone in the semis, ton of history in the final four. No offense to the UMASS or my Apps for that matter but YSU and UM have set the standard in FCS and beating them would be special.
Not to mention I really would like for ASU to have the opportunity to avenge that 2001 semifinal loss.

i believe you mean 2000.

Johnny5
December 3rd, 2006, 02:54 AM
I was not impressed by YSU today. Honestly it was one of the worst games we have played outside of UNI and Slippery Rock (yeah we won but shouldn't have allowed 20 points)...I just wish we could put together an entire team...oh and stop being so damn conservative all the time.

yosef1969
December 3rd, 2006, 12:40 PM
i believe you mean 2000.

That's right, it's all a blur. I made it out to that game, even without the win it was one of the best game day experiences I have ever had. Great fans and very hospitable.
I honestly believe that game changed the way the ASU administration viewed I-AA (FCS). It took some personell changes and a few years but I think everyone from ASU that was able to be a part of that atmosphere changed their opinion of success in I-AA.

BillLuc1982
December 3rd, 2006, 12:41 PM
Even though I am a YSU fan, let's worry about this week's games before we worry about Chatty!

APPSTER
December 4th, 2006, 12:50 AM
Swogger, Baylark....this game is not going to be about them. I think that UMass is more balanced than Montana. But with the low scores of many of those A-10 games, UMass will be lucky to score at WaGriz on that defense. Montana isn't the most prolific scoring team either and UMass has good speed on defense. Could it be the first 0-0 tie after regulation in the playoffs? This one has the look of the ACC Championship game - an ugly 9-6 affair. Who's got the better kicker and punter ? This is going to be a field position game for sure.

thmst30
December 4th, 2006, 12:57 AM
Nothing against Umass, but if App makes it past YSU, I'd rather see them in Chatty. I'll admit Montana kind of scares me a bit.

Mr. C
December 4th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Swogger, Baylark....this game is not going to be about them. I think that UMass is more balanced than Montana. But with the low scores of many of those A-10 games, UMass will be lucky to score at WaGriz on that defense. Montana isn't the most prolific scoring team either and UMass has good speed on defense. Could it be the first 0-0 tie after regulation in the playoffs? This one has the look of the ACC Championship game - an ugly 9-6 affair. Who's got the better kicker and punter ? This is going to be a field position game for sure.
If it turns into a punting game, UMass has maybe the best punter in I-AA with Christian Koegel. He is a lefty with a big leg. He had a key 65-yard punt to change second half field position against New Hampshire. Koegel should get a look at the NFL next season from what I'm hearing.

penguin8797
December 4th, 2006, 09:11 AM
What if computers and polls decided the championship matchup, as they do in that other subdivision, then it would be Montana and Appalachian. while UMASS and YSU would be out, though UMASS would have good reason to argue. Aren't actual playoffs great! So far I have predicted every game correctly, not too hard since all the favorites have won, but I optimistically picked YSU to upset ASU then beat Montana in the final. If I put my YSU fandom aside I would pick ASU and Montana in the final. I think YSU is clearly the biggest underdog left, in agreement with the seeding. No matter who gets there, I will watch the championship game with interest, though I would love to see YSU and Montana due to the Swogger connection and history of YSU/Montana in the playoffs.