PDA

View Full Version : Furman 16, UCF 15 - FINAL

Sir William
September 19th, 2015, 08:21 PM
Yes!!!!!

rokamortis
September 19th, 2015, 08:22 PM
Thanks, we need to count you guys as a good win :)

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Fantastic game by the purple and white. Pretty much dominated UCF's offense in the second half.

Big night for Furman.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Congrats Furman! The AAC board must be alive after this one....

PaladinNation
September 19th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Gutsy win… proud of the DINS!!!

citdog
September 19th, 2015, 08:26 PM
furman sucks less today

ElCid
September 19th, 2015, 08:27 PM
Absolutely amazing. Congrats! But you kinda still suck. I guess you are back.

thirdgendin
September 19th, 2015, 08:32 PM
Great, gutsy effort! There were some "perfect storm" elements, much like the North Carolina win in 1999, but we did exactly what needed to be done.

It feels good to finally win a close game, regardless of the opponent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2015, 08:33 PM
Great, gutsy effort! There were some "perfect storm" elements, much like the North Carolina win in 1999, but we did exactly what needed to be done.

It feels good to finally win a close game, regardless of the opponent.

I don't feel one ounce more empathy playing against a team without their starting quarterback than those teams that played us without ours for the better part of the last two seasons.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 19th, 2015, 08:34 PM
Great job Furman! Stomped on the throat of UCF twice to seal the win.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 19th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Roland is celebrating tonight!

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2015, 08:36 PM
Great job Furman! Stomped on the throat of UCF twice to seal the win.

After the long field goal, Furman just kept punting them deep daring them to try to move the ball. They couldn't.

thirdgendin
September 19th, 2015, 08:36 PM
I don't feel one ounce more empathy playing against a team without their starting quarterback than those teams that played us without ours for the better part of the last two seasons.

Absolutely. It's only one of dozens of factors in a game.

We could've folded after getting down 12-0 and having a 50-plus yard INT return and a 70-yard fumble return for a TD overturned by replay.

Like you said, we finally caught a break after years of playing a true freshman and/or backup quarterback for most of the season due to injuries.

nick9c
September 19th, 2015, 08:37 PM
Not to take anything away from the Dins' win, but UCF may have a long season based on their level of play.

The Eagle's Cliff
September 19th, 2015, 08:38 PM
furman sucks less today

And yet much, much less than the Charleston Bonnie Blue Bellhops! Too bad that's probably the last time we get the Charleston Cupcake for Family Weekend. I heard they want a bigger check if they're going to get steamrolled.

Congrats to Furman on a quality win and to Wofford on their effort against the horrible Vandals!

I wonder if Houston has enough to guts to go on camera and talk about the reaming he just got! Keep your signature Citdog, it stands as one of the great moments in Bellhop football history!

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Absolutely. It's only one of dozens of factors in a game.

We could've folded after getting down 12-0 and having a 50-plus yard INT return and a 70-yard fumble return for a TD overturned by replay.

Like you said, we finally caught a break after years of playing a true freshman and/or backup quarterback for most of the season due to injuries.

Last year's team would have been routed. UCF ran about 20 more offensive plays. Our defense was on the field forever tonight, and they just kept getting stronger as the game wore on.

This team looks like 2013's group. Force turnovers, stout defense, and a kicker that can hit field goals from Berea.

PaladinNation
September 19th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Last year's team would have been routed. UCF ran about 20 more offensive plays. Our defense was on the field forever tonight, and they just kept getting stronger as the game wore on.

This team looks like 2013's group. Force turnovers, stout defense, and a kicker that can hit field goals from Berea.

Proud to say I went to Berea HS

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 19th, 2015, 08:41 PM
I love it. xthumbsupx Samford so should've had them in 2008 so this is a sort of redemption for the SoCon.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2015, 08:43 PM
I love it. xthumbsupx Samford so should've had them in 2008 so this is a sort of redemption for the SoCon.

You guys took our moment in the sun against Florida :)

citdog
September 19th, 2015, 08:45 PM
And yet much, much less than the Charleston Bonnie Blue Bellhops! Too bad that's probably the last time we get the Charleston Cupcake for Family Weekend. I heard they want a bigger check if they're going to get steamrolled.

Congrats to Furman on a quality win and to Wofford on their effort against the horrible Vandals!

I wonder if Houston has enough to guts to go on camera and talk about the reaming he just got! Keep your signature Citdog, it stands as one of the great moments in Bellhop football history!

The sun belt board must be hopping tonight! You are much better than when we last played. You might go all the way to a bowl game ten days before Christmas. Hooray!

longtimemocfan
September 19th, 2015, 08:51 PM
Don't let anyone take anything away from you guys. Good Win !!!

Bisonator
September 19th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Congrats Paladins!

Cleets
September 19th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Where's OL FU...?
I've been talking up Furman all season

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 19th, 2015, 09:26 PM
Congrats Paladins! Very impressive.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2015, 09:38 PM
Post game write up says Hollingsworth's 55 yard game winner was a school record.

downbythebeach
September 20th, 2015, 08:03 AM
I was surprised this was so far down on AGS. I figured FU lost cause I did not see much about it. Congrats

The Cats
September 20th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Congrats Paladins, good win for Furman, good win for the SoCon !!!!

RootinFerDukes
September 20th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Congrats to furman on the fifth fbs upset of 2015. Ucf has really fallen far from a few seasons ago after their star QB was drafted. I guess the cupboard was bare after he left.

PaladinNation
September 20th, 2015, 08:37 AM
I was surprised this was so far down on AGS. I figured FU lost cause I did not see much about it. Congrats

I guess this isn't a sexy win for a FCS team over an FBS team. I understand for many reasons, but this is a game that based on tradition, what people write, computer models, and stars on player's bios Furman was a 21 point underdog.

Furman started out 12 points down… and then Furman willed themselves back in the game. In the second half, the Furman D played fast, hit'em hard and created turnovers over and over.

Furman has some tough conference games ahead… maybe the most good that came out of this game (besides the paycheck) it gives the DINS confidence.

OL FU
September 20th, 2015, 08:39 AM
I guess this isn't a sexy win for a FCS team over an FBS team. I understand for many reasons, but this is a game that based on tradition, what people write, computer models, and stars on player's bios Furman was a 21 point underdog.

Furman started out 12 points down… and then Furman willed themselves back in the game. In the second half, the Furman D played fast, hit'em hard and created turnovers over and over.

Furman has some tough conference games ahead… maybe the most good that came out of this game (besides the paycheck) it gives the DINS confidence.

It may sound strange but being 1-2 with a win instead of 0-3 and headed into the conference fight is a big deal (for lots of reasons)

Ivytalk
September 20th, 2015, 08:46 AM
Where's OL FU...?
I've been talking up Furman all season
Silly Cleets! OL FU was indulging in his wine and cheese!:pxnodx

UNHWildcat18
September 20th, 2015, 09:47 AM
furman sucks less today

hahaa

2ram
September 20th, 2015, 09:53 AM
congrats paladins. great win.

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2015, 09:19 AM
FU!

FUGameBreaker
October 2nd, 2015, 09:37 PM
http://www.trbimg.com/img-55fe244d/turbine/os-pictures-ucf-knights-vs-furman-paladins-201-045/1050/1050x591

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.furmanpaladins.com/sports/m-footbl/2015-16/photos/0010/Football_UCF-215.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPUSIQWUwAAAAFa.png

- - - Updated - - -

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPd9hTSUwAAivLc.jpg

citdog
October 2nd, 2015, 10:07 PM
furman sucks

IBleedYellow
October 3rd, 2015, 01:20 AM
furman sucks

Furman fans knowing Citdog:

https://i.imgur.com/9ReRvb8.png