PDA

View Full Version : John Robertson injured

Nova09
September 19th, 2015, 02:38 PM
This is mentioned in nova-ud game thread but figured it deserved its own thread so those of you not on east coast bias time could get up to speed. JR went down on a hit in red zone, seemed to be leg, walked off on own power, but after one play backup stayed in (and three td). Next drive, down one in 4th, still no JR, backup drove for game winning td. I have no further info at this time what diagnosis might be/JR prospect of starting next game

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2015, 02:42 PM
The way he walked off was some what hopeful. He looked gimpy but all and all he was doing ok. Hopefully it's nothing serious and he was more scared than anything. A lot of times people who come off serious knee injuries get wigged out by slight sprains and tweaks.

melloware13
September 19th, 2015, 04:55 PM
I hope it's something minor, when he was down I saw him clenching his knee. Despite being on my rival and giving me 4 years of problems, he's a heck of a player and fun to watch.

smilo
September 19th, 2015, 05:03 PM
He was on crutches for the post-game celebration. Did not look good. He's gonna miss a few weeks in the best case scenario. If he's back for Maine on 10/31, I'd consider that a massive success, but I'm not counting on it - even with someone as tough as him. Zach Bednarczyk looks more than ready to step up though. He looked as good as Robertson ever has tbh. What an arm! Boy, those throws were pretty! Decent runner too despite not being a pinball like Johnny.

superman7515
September 19th, 2015, 07:58 PM
So what was the injury?

Nova09
September 19th, 2015, 08:50 PM
Hearing PCL, MRI will tell severity. Apparently 1 or 2 can definitely be played through, 3 would ultimately require surgery but could possibly be played through pending pain tolerance. Obviously JR is I've tough SOB and there are things fb training staff can do to mitigate pain, but the question will be if lateral moves are too painful does that take away what makes JR so good.

Bisonator
September 19th, 2015, 09:07 PM
That sucks. Hate seeing guys get hurt. Wish him well and a speedy recovery.

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 19th, 2015, 09:43 PM
Tough kid. He's taken so many hits over the years that you had to wonder if he was due, unfortunately.

HailSzczur
September 19th, 2015, 11:36 PM
Anxiously awaiting the MRI result. I knew it was bad watching him clutch his face mask as the worked on him while he was still on the field. He stayed of the sidelines and had decent mobility for a guy with a huge ass ice bag taped to his knee, but obviously running and cutting is more the problem....

At least we proved today that we have a more than competent back up