PDA

View Full Version : SoCon Week #3 Pick 'em

The Cats
September 13th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Week two is in the books, no need crying over spilled milk, it's time to move on......

Create your own power rankings, and then pick your winners for week #3

This week's Power Rankings
#1. Samford - Playing in the first two weeks like we thought the Mocs would.
#2. Chattanooga - A big letdown after the loss to JSU, just a 10 point victory over Div. II Mars Hill
#3. The Citadel - The Dogs were seriously underrated in preseason, and may still be in this ranking
#4. Wofford - The pieces are falling into place for the Terriers, maybe a contender after all
#5. Western Carolina - Highly overrated in preseason, this may be too high as well
#6. Mercer - The Bears have taken care of bossiness so far, and willl continue to rise in the rankings
#7. Furman - Looking better than last season, but how will the Paladins play in conference?
#8. VMI - Definitely an improved team, unfortunately, so has everyone else besides the Catamounts

-------------------------------

Week #3 picks

Chattanooga at Samford - The Mocs have a big let down, while Samford continues playing at a high level and spoil Chattanooga's dream of another undefeated conference season. 35-31

Wofford at Idaho - The Vandals squeak out a win over the Terriers, 28-24

VMI at Richmond - The Keydets knock off the Spiders in an upset at Richmond - 38-21

Furman at UCF - The Knights escape with a close win - 35-28

The Citadel at Ga Southern - The Bulldogs stay close, but the Eagles have the numbers and win, 28-`7

Mercer at Tennessee Tech - The Bears pick up win #3 on the road, spoiling the home opener for the Golden Eagles, 35-28

Western Carolina at Tennessee - The losses continue for the Cats, as they are shell shocked in Knoxville, 56-14

CID1990
September 13th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Week two is in the books, no need crying over spilled milk, it's time to move on......

Create your own power rankings, and then pick your winners for week #3

This week's Power Rankings
#1. Samford - Playing in the first two weeks like we thought the Mocs would.
#2. Chattanooga - A big letdown after the loss to JSU, just a 10 point victory over Div. II Mars Hill
#3. The Citadel - The Dogs were seriously underrated in preseason, and may still be in this ranking
#4. Wofford - The pieces are falling into place for the Terriers, maybe a contender after all
#5. Western Carolina - Highly overrated in preseason, this may be too high as well
#6. Mercer - The Bears have taken care of bossiness so far, and willl continue to rise in the rankings
#7. Furman - Looking better than last season, but how will the Paladins play in conference?
#8. VMI - Definitely an improved team, unfortunately, so has everyone else besides the Catamounts

-------------------------------

Week #3 picks

Chattanooga at Samford - The Mocs have a big let down, while Samford continues playing at a high level and spoil Chattanooga's dream of another undefeated conference season. 35-31

Wofford at Idaho - The Vandals squeak out a win over the Terriers, 28-24

VMI at Richmond - The Keydets knock off the Spiders in an upset at Richmond - 38-21

Furman at UCF - The Knights escape with a close win - 35-28

The Citadel at Ga Southern - The Bulldogs stay close, but the Eagles have the numbers and win, 28-`7

Mercer at Tennessee Tech - The Bears pick up win #3 on the road, spoiling the home opener for the Golden Eagles, 35-28

Western Carolina at Tennessee - The losses continue for the Cats, as they are shell shocked in Knoxville, 56-14

I agree with your picks except Wofford. I think they will beat the Vandals.

Also, you bolded Richmond when it should have been VMI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElCid
September 13th, 2015, 01:45 PM
I think the best description of how the SOCON did overall is they were sluggish this week. UTC did not look serious, VMI was sloppy, even Samford got off to a slow start. Under rating your opponent is dangerous.

Power Rankings

1. Samford: took care of business, again, and in a convincing manner
2. UTC: they should be penalized for letting the planet school keep it close the entire game but I will give them a pass as they were emotionally drained from losing to the near giant killers last week
3. The Citadel: if anyone has any doubts that the Dogs are for real...they still had a lot of mistakes; coughed the ball up too many times even with the rain, but they caught some breaks and wore down the WCU D in the end; the Dogs D made some great stops as well and kept the Dogs in it long enough for the O to churn some yards
4. Wofford: performed some redemption
5. Mercer: handled Stetson with ease
6. WCU: dropped their SOCON opener, still better than some of their fans think they are
7. Furman: lost to a good FBS in what might be #2 of a 3 game skid to open the season, can they stay healthy?
8. VMI: Maybe Cobb has been reading too many articles about himself, way too many interceptions this week; he is still a great QB but the Keydet D is not helping; should have handled Morehead a lot easier

Predictions - going to be a tough week for the SOCON

Chattanooga at Samford - game of the week; have to go with the home team on this one - 27-23

Wofford at Idaho - best chance for a SOCON FBS scalp this year but it's a long way from Sparkle City - 28-24

VMI at Richmond - Richmond and VMI got scares this week but somehow pulled it out late, Richmond at home this week - 41-24

Furman at UCF - on the road again; while they have a better chance than against Va Tech, they come up well short - 37-17

The Citadel at Ga So - Dogs have usually played them tough but they are deeper now - 38 -13

Mercer at Tenn Tech- Mercer will find it a bit tougher on the road this week- 31-20

WCU at Tenn - While I like to think they can catch Tenn on an emotional low after the Tenn OT loss, they won't - 48-9

The Cats
September 13th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Also, you bolded Richmond when it should have been VMI.

Thanks, I fixed it....

kdinva
September 13th, 2015, 02:25 PM
Samford 31, UTC 21
Idaho 28, Wofford 24
Richmond 37, VMI 28
UCF 37, Furman 20
Ga. Southern 33; The Citadel 14.
Mercer 35, Tenn. Tech 24
Tennessee 38, WCU 18.

walliver
September 13th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Power Rankings:
1) Samford - taking care of business so far. Will meet their strongest opponent next week.
2) Chatty - A win is a win, but a tight game against a team WCU blew out last week is worrisome.
3) The Citadel - I really should rank them lower, but they are still undefeated.
4) Wofford - may be a homer pick, but 4-7 are really a toss-up. Offense finally awoke from a two year slumber.
5) Furman - The best 0-2 team in the country, soon to be the best 0-3 team in the country.
6) Mercer - still undefeated, but only because Reinhardt is no longer on the schedule.
7) WCU - It didn't surprise me they gave up 28 (or 21 earned) points, but only 10 on offense is worrisome.
8) VMI - May well be improved, but just about everybody else is too
9) Science Hill High School
10) ETSWho - the second best team to play on Steve Spurrier field.

Predictions:
Wofford at Idaho - The Ho's of Ida may be a bad FBS team, but they are still a FBS team. Wofford picks a QB using the I-Ching and wins inside for the first time since ETSU dropped football - 36-35
VMI at Richmond - This isn't the same Spider team that won a NC, and this isn't the same ol' VMI bottom feeder, but some things never change. Richmond 31-17
Furman at UCF - The Horsey People become the best 0-3 team in the country, losing 31-28
the Citadel at GSU - Even bad Citadel teams traditionally play great GSU teams very close. This is not a bad Bulldog team or great Igglet team, but the Holy City Pups come up short 17-14.
Mercer at Tennessee Tech - TTU has some offensive weapons, but problems on defense. Bears win a shootout 56-49.
Western Carolina at Tennessee - Vols coming off a loss will be pissed. Cants will struggle early and often. Orange Rednecks 56, Purple Pussycats 10
Chattanooga at Samford - Mocs will bounce back, but Bama Pups still score and pull out a 35-31 win.

And the Big Game of the week. The "Buc Bowl", ETSU at CSU. First, CSU should have its man card taken away for scheduling ETSU and Kennesaw this year.
The Buccaneers from the mountains leave the friendly confines of Science Hill High School and travel to an smaller stadium at CSU. ETSU has dominated the series with Charleston Southern with a 5-0 series record. Things go bad almost immediately after the coin flip and the Lowcountry Pirates beat the Mountain Pirates 56-3.

FUBeAR
September 13th, 2015, 06:36 PM
Power Rankings (derived by Win/Losses, Points For/Points Against, Yards For/Yards Against, and Level of Competition Formula (that I found on AGS)) after Week 2

Power Rank
Team
Week Total
Season Total

Samford

The Citadel

Mercer

Wofford

VMI

Chattanooga

WCU

Furman

I might do some picks later...need to watch some of last week's action 1st.

citdog
September 13th, 2015, 08:15 PM
Pig's Ass, Ga is going down and it is going to be GLORIOUS!

bonarae
September 13th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Samford
Idaho - but who knows? Can Wofford keep the game close or even do a Portland State? xchinscratchx
Richmond
UCF
Georgia Southern
Mercer - close one
Tennessee

OL FU
September 14th, 2015, 07:27 AM
Chat over Samford - although I think it could go either way. About as close to a toss up as you will see.
Wofford over Idaho. The away game and travel makes it a little more difficult but I am pretty darn sure WC is the better team.
Richmond over VMI - although I agree that VMI winning would not be a surprise
UCF over Furman - From what I hear UCF can't run the ball and has lots of injuries, but still.
GSU over the Citadel - The battle of the teams I most like to see lose ;)
Mercer over Tenn Tech
Tenn over WCU

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 14th, 2015, 07:47 AM
The Citadel at Ga So - Dogs have usually played them tough but they are deeper now - 38 -13

If we win in a rout it won't be because of depth. That FBS depth stuff is a bunch of crap and we're still not that far above the FCS scholarship cap because our coach isn't going to just bring in warm bodies to get to 83. I honestly don't see how this game won't be a lot like the recent games in the series.

This game would be really scary if our starting QB wasn't returning. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Also, I think Furman has a chance at UCF. Samford should have beaten them in 2008 so in a way this is a chance for some redemption against them.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 14th, 2015, 10:21 AM
I was 6-2 last week as Western Carolina and ETSU let me down xbawlingx. This is where I have it after this week.

1) Samford - Off to a good start at 2-0.
2) The Citadel - When you knock off one of last year's best conference teams, you have cause to celebrate.
3) Chattanooga - Was called by McKayla Maroney after the game, she said she's not impressed with their performance against Mars Hill.
4) Mercer - Hammered fellow third-year program Stetson.
5) Wofford - Terriers finding their rhythm early.
6) Western Carolina - Are Catamounts reverting back to their old ways?
7) VMI - Keydets hit the 500 mark early.
8) Furman - bit off more than they can chew against Va. Tech.
ETSU - Mike Rader and Scott Brummett found out the hard way that "Payback is a Butch."

Predictions:
Chattanooga @ Samford (Game of the Week) - Samford come out of this one as the Alpha Dog.
Wofford @ Idaho - Not sure if I could call this an upset or not since Idaho's been superbad.
VMI @ Richmond - Spiders bite the Keydets in this one.
The Citadel @ Georgia Southern - Eagles win in this matchup against their former conference foes.
Furman @ UCF - Paladins fail to catch a break.
Mercer @ Tennessee Tech - Bears go to 2-0 against the OVC
Western Carolina @ Tennessee (Beatdown of the Week) - I feel sorry for the Catamounts this week.
ETSU @ Charleston Southern - Noland/Sanders will soon be getting pressured to hire Jamey Chadwell from his frat brothers.

CID1990
September 14th, 2015, 11:04 AM
If we win in a rout it won't be because of depth. That FBS depth stuff is a bunch of crap and we're still not that far above the FCS scholarship cap because our coach isn't going to just bring in warm bodies to get to 83. I honestly don't see how this game won't be a lot like the recent games in the series.

This game would be really scary if our starting QB wasn't returning. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Also, I think Furman has a chance at UCF. Samford should have beaten them in 2008 so in a way this is a chance for some redemption against them.

let the notes show that the gentleman from Statesboro is sandbagging and its only Monday

citdog
September 14th, 2015, 11:05 AM
let the poormouthing from pig's ass commence

tenNesseeCat
September 14th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Current ranking:

1 - Samford - Wins again!
2 - UTC - Not sure if they belong here after MH.
3 - The Citadel - Played inspired ball. Still need to limit the fumbles.
4 - WCU - Needs to get the O in gear.
5 - Wofford - Good win.
6 - Furman - Didn't show as well as I wanted vs VT.
7 - Mercer - Another win. I think they are better than 7, but I'm not sure where they fit in yet.
8 - VMI - A win, but still not much D.

Predictions:

Chattanooga @ Samford - (31-24) - the MH game worries me for UTC. I think Samford is rolling right now.
Wofford @ Idaho - (34-31) - WC is warming up.
VMI @ Richmond - (27-14) Richmond is just too much for VMI, but their O keeps it somewhat interesting.
The Citadel @ Georgia Southern - (42-24) - I want The Citadel to win, but I think they will have a let down after their emotional win last week.
Furman @ UCF - (35-20) I like to think FU can have a shot in this one, but I don't think they can pull it out.
Mercer @ Tennessee Tech - (24-21) - Mercer's biggest test yet in '15.
Western Carolina @ Tennessee - (45-17) - I think The Cats find some O, but UT is just way too talented to let us hang around.
ETSU @ Charleston Southern - (45-6) - ETSU shows they aren't improving much in the blow out.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 14th, 2015, 11:32 AM
let the notes show that the gentleman from Statesboro is sandbagging and its only Monday

I'll see if I can find seantaylor (aka eagleskins) so we can get an opinion more well-informed than mine.

Toby
September 14th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Sagarin rankings with National rank in ( )

1. UTC (10)
2. Samford (11)
3. Wofford (20)
4. Citadel (22)
5. Furman (37)
6. WCU (47)
7. Mercer (53)
8. VMI (85)
9. ETSU (110)

Four SoCon teams in the top 25.

eiu1999
September 14th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Chattanooga at Samford
Wofford at Idaho
VMI at Richmond
Furman at UCF
The Citadel at Ga Southern
Mercer at Tennessee Tech
Western Carolina at Tennessee

Baldy
September 14th, 2015, 12:42 PM
I'll see if I can find seantaylor (aka eagleskins) so we can get an opinion more well-informed than mine.
Look under citdog's skirt. :D

OrangeAndBlack
September 14th, 2015, 01:27 PM
My Power Rankings:

1) Chattanooga -- They took Jax State to the wire and dominated last season. One "bad win" against Mars Hill does not dethrone them.
2) Samford -- Looking good so far! No one is surprised about that though. Their chance to move up comes this week.
3) Furman -- They took a top FCS team (Coastal Carolina) to the wire. Getting blasted by Virginia Tech is not a major factor.
4) Wofford -- A dominating win over Tennessee Tech after taking it on the chin to Clemson.
5) The Citadel -- Everyone is ready to crown them a real contender... but when does beating Davidson mean anything? If beating WCU means so much, why is WCU ranked so low in everyones power ranks?
6) Western Carolina -- This is their 'placeholder' position. They beat Mercer and VMI last year, so that's why they are here.
7) Mercer -- Excellent start to the year with 2 big wins. However, they haven't defeated the teams above them in SoCon play yet. You have to earn it!
8) VMI -- Showed great promise at Ball State, and then almost lost to a Pioneer Football League member at home. Which one is it?

-------------------------

My Weekly Predictions:

Chattanooga @ Samford ... UTC had Samford crushed at the half last year. As mentioned above, the game with Mars Hill does not define them. They had J-State on the ropes just two weeks ago.
Wofford @ Idaho ... I simply cannot pick Idaho to beat anyone. No matter what.
VMI @ Richmond ... VMI still has a long way to go on defense. Playing on the road won't help.
The Citadel @ Georgia Southern ... No shame in losing on the road to GA Southern. Davidson they are not.
Furman @ UCF ... I still like Furman as a solid team, but these three tough games to open the season may wreck their confidence.
Mercer @ Tennessee Tech ... Mercer on the road at another OVC school. Tenn Tech showed little fight at Wofford.
Western Carolina @ Tennessee ... No contest here.

ETSU @ Charleston Southern ... Chartleston Southern beats ETSU by more than Tennessee beats WCU.

The Cats
September 14th, 2015, 03:01 PM
My Power Rankings:

6) Western Carolina -- This is their 'placeholder' position. They beat Mercer and VMI last year, so that's why they are here.

Based on your criteria above for placing Western in 6th place, Furman and Wofford should also be ranked below them, as Western beat both in 2014, along with the two you named.

CID1990
September 14th, 2015, 03:13 PM

That turd is your photonegative

cmon man- you were more confident in the outcome of this game when you guys were FCS!

blueballs
September 14th, 2015, 03:14 PM

I don't see what great difference one season and two weeks makes. Citadel will play GS tough just like they always have, regardless of records or perceived talent difference. I expect a dog (no pun intended) fight.

CID1990
September 14th, 2015, 03:16 PM
I don't see what great difference one season and two weeks makes. Citadel will play GS tough just like they always have, regardless of records or perceived talent difference. I expect a dog (no pun intended) fight.

Hopefully the defense that shut down WCU's QB will show up in Statesboro.

ElCid
September 14th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Chattanooga at Samford
Wofford at Idaho
VMI at Richmond
Furman at UCF
The Citadel at Ga Southernxthumbsupx
Mercer at Tennessee Tech
Western Carolina at Tennessee

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Possible, but it will all depend if our D shows up. Apparently, Ga So will also have their starting QB back which they did not have the first 2 games. At least that is what I have heard. That could be good or bad.

Baldy
September 14th, 2015, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Possible, but it will all depend if our D shows up. Apparently, Ga So will also have their starting QB back which they did not have the first 2 games. At least that is what I have heard. That could be good or bad.
It's very good. xnodx

As always, it's going to come down to the LOS. We were dominated by WV and we dominated WM. Having Ellison back will take a lot of pressure off our OL. Unlike our backup, he's a true dual threat. You won't be able to pack 8 or 9 into the box with him under center.

SU DOG
September 14th, 2015, 05:29 PM
The Way The Bookies See It:

For Entertainment Purposes ONLY!

ETSU @ Chas S. - Chas Southern by 44.5 points.
WCU @ Tenn. - Vols by 37 points.
VMI @ Richmond - Spiders by 18 points.
Mercer @ TN Tech - Tech by 3 points.
Wofford @ Idaho - Vandals by 3 points.
The Citadel @ GA. Southern - Eagles by 22 points.
Furman @ UCF - UCF by 25.5 points.
UTC @ SAMFORD - Mocs by 1 point.

FUBeAR
September 14th, 2015, 05:54 PM
The Way The Bookies See It:

For Entertainment Purposes ONLY!

ETSU @ Chas S. - Chas Southern by 44.5 points.
WCU @ Tenn. - Vols by 37 points.
VMI @ Richmond - Spiders by 18 points.
Mercer @ TN Tech - Tech by 3 points.
Wofford @ Idaho - Vandals by 3 points.
The Citadel @ GA. Southern - Eagles by 22 points.
Furman @ UCF - UCF by 25.5 points.
UTC @ SAMFORD - Mocs by 1 point.

So, a bad week for the SoCon or a bad week for those who bet against the SoCon, huh? I'd say VMI, Mercer, Wofford, The Citadel, and Furman all have a solid shot at pulling the upsets. So, based on the spreads, I think, if I were of a mind to, an investment in VMI, El Cid, and FU might be worth discussing with my broker. Also, 37 seems like a lot of points for a shaky Vols team to be giving based on the Catamounts outings vs. FBS Teams last year. Hmm....reckon what a successful SoCon Road Dog Sweep (vs. spread; not including ETSU or Mocs@Pups) Parlay could bring in ROI this week?

SU DOG
September 14th, 2015, 06:23 PM
I DO NOT encourage anyone to bet on any games. That is why I always state - For Entertainment Purposes ONLY!

BearDownMU
September 14th, 2015, 11:08 PM
I DO NOT encourage anyone to bet on any games. That is why I always state - For Entertainment Purposes ONLY!

I encourage everyone to bet on everything as often as possible.

FUBeAR
September 15th, 2015, 12:52 AM
I encourage everyone to bet on everything as often as possible.

I bet you don't do that.

CID1990
September 15th, 2015, 02:20 AM
So, a bad week for the SoCon or a bad week for those who bet against the SoCon, huh? I'd say VMI, Mercer, Wofford, The Citadel, and Furman all have a solid shot at pulling the upsets. So, based on the spreads, I think, if I were of a mind to, an investment in VMI, El Cid, and FU might be worth discussing with my broker. Also, 37 seems like a lot of points for a shaky Vols team to be giving based on the Catamounts outings vs. FBS Teams last year. Hmm....reckon what a successful SoCon Road Dog Sweep (vs. spread; not including ETSU or Mocs@Pups) Parlay could bring in ROI this week?

If you're looking for an upset this weekend your best bet is Wofford-Idaho.

In fact I don't even think it would be that much of an upset.

Apphole
September 15th, 2015, 06:27 AM
Wofford at Idaho -- 17-31
El Cid at Georgia Southern -- 14-38

CID1990
September 15th, 2015, 06:34 AM
Wofford at Idaho -- 17-31
El Cid at Georgia Southern -- 14-38

You had better hope so.

Apphole
September 15th, 2015, 06:51 AM
You had better hope so.
I do hope so.

I think Wofford might come closer to winning and The Citadel might fall my much more.

tigonian02
September 15th, 2015, 08:01 AM
Ga Southern wins big in this one.

Smitty
September 15th, 2015, 08:32 AM
1. Samford - head of the conference currently
2. Chattanooga - still won the game and still up here until they lose a SoCon game
3. The Citadel - big win
4. Furman - Still looking strong
5. Wofford - Probably could change places with 3 or 4
6. Mercer - To be honest not sure what I should put here
7. VMI - Looking to be competitive but the defense still needs work
8. WCU - Ugh

Chattanooga at Samford
Wofford at Idaho
VMI at Richmond
Furman at UCF
The Citadel at Georgia Southern
Mercer at Tennessee Tech
WCU at Tennessee

Mocs123
September 15th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Wow you WCU fans are down on your team this year. Is it really that bad? You have most all the pieces back from a very good squad last year and although I realize you lost a game you probably thought you could win I think you will still have a good season. I would be very surprised if your not in the top 3-4 and the end of the year.

At this point it may look like we (at least most people) has Citadel too low.

In Chattanooga we played perhaps the worst game of football defensively since Huesman has been coach but I trust him to get things sorted out. He called our defense "embarrassing" and said every defensive spot was up for grabs.

We played poorly but I don't think our season is over. We are however going to have to play at a much higher level to beat a fantastic Samford team this week.

SCPALADIN
September 15th, 2015, 09:01 AM
1. Samford - Most impressive team through two weeks
2. Chattanooga - Not a pretty performance against a DII team
3. The Citadel - Very big win and strong defensive effort
4. WCU - Tough loss...
4. Furman - Working out the kinks...needs a good showing against UCF
4. Wofford - Nice recovery after the Clemson drubbing
7. Mercer - Destroyed an AWFUL Stetson team
8. VMI - Offense looks good...defense has huge holes.

9. ETSU - A steeper uphill climb than originally anticipated

Chattanooga at Samford (21-24)
Wofford at Idaho (20-17)
VMI at Richmond (34-37)
Furman at UCF (17-13)
The Citadel at Georgia Southern (20-31)
Mercer at Tennessee Tech (28-31)
WCU at Tennessee (16-41)

ETSU at Chas. Southern (13-34)

BearDownMU
September 15th, 2015, 09:30 AM
I bet you don't do that.

Why does that matter? I also encourage everyone to work out as much as possible.

Toby
September 15th, 2015, 11:21 AM

1. UTC (10)
2. Samford (11)
3. Wofford (20)
4. Citadel (22)
5. Furman (37)
6. WCU (47)
7. Mercer (53)
8. VMI (85)
9. ETSU (110)

Massey FCS Composite (19 rankings as of now)

1. Samford (12)
2. UTC (16)
3. Citadel (26)
4. Wofford (28)
5. WCU (55)
6. Mercer (58)
7. Furman (63)
8. VMI (93)
9. ETSU (111)

You could probably bundle Samford and UTC as tied for 1st; Citadel and Wofford as tied for 3rd; WCU, Mercer and Furman as tied for 5th.

CID1990
September 15th, 2015, 11:34 AM
I do hope so.

I think Wofford might come closer to winning and The Citadel might fall my much more.

Coming from someone with your prognosticative prowess the casual observer might conclude that both SoCon teams would win these contests after viewing your last grand prediction (see my sig line).

BTW good job against clempson- almost the same as Wofford

citdog
September 15th, 2015, 11:44 AM
One of my best friends is a klempsin season ticket holder. His take was "At least Wofford puts up a fight. Appy lays down and just takes it."

Apphole
September 15th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Coming from someone with your prognosticative prowess the casual observer might conclude that both SoCon teams would win these contests after viewing your last grand prediction (see my sig line).

BTW good job against clempson- almost the same as Wofford

I've made many predictions since 2013.

And you didn't watch the App/Clem game, did you?

citdog
September 15th, 2015, 11:46 AM

How'd those last two against The Citadel go for you?

Apphole
September 15th, 2015, 11:49 AM
One of my best friends is a klempsin season ticket holder. His take was "At least Wofford puts up a fight. Appy lays down and just takes it."
The only thing thing that put up a fight on Woffy's behalf was the Tiger goal post. The Division 1 FBS App State Mountaineers had the the Tiger fans sweating. We held their offense the entire game and only yielded the points we did on account of Bobby Lamb's son throwing 3 picks in 6 passes.

Your friend must have been to busy dipping his knob in your Fort Sumter to catch the game.

Smitty
September 15th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Wow you WCU fans are down on your team this year. Is it really that bad? You have most all the pieces......... too long to finish quote

It is hard to rank Western anywhere else currently. We are already 1-3 for the year and can only afford one more loss. After Saturday's 10 point performance, I cannot see any game that we can consider being favorites in.

If we can't win or even score with returning most of our squad, what chances do we have against UTC, Samford, or even Furman?

CID1990
September 15th, 2015, 11:55 AM

And you didn't watch the App/Clem game, did you?

I certainly did. I watched clempson sub in their scrubs about the same time they did against Wofford

but yeah - you had a real powerhouse performance compared to Wofford

good luck with your predictions - if youre wrong we'll come troll all 10 posters on the sun blet bbs with a thread titled "socon > sun blet"

Apphole
September 15th, 2015, 12:17 PM
I certainly did. I watched clempson sub in their scrubs about the same time they did against Wofford

but yeah - you had a real powerhouse performance compared to Wofford

good luck with your predictions - if youre wrong we'll come troll all 10 posters on the sun blet bbs with a thread titled "socon > sun blet"

There is more activity on SunBeltBBS (merely one conference) than this board which supports an entire subdivision.

Should have quot while you were ahead with the Clemson game smack.

CID1990
September 15th, 2015, 12:25 PM
There is more activity on SunBeltBBS (merely one conference) than this board which supports an entire subdivision.

yeah theyre overflowing over there - so much that you're slumming over here where nobody likes you

come december the convos all turn to which bcs games they'll be watching on tv

blueballs
September 15th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Wofford at Idaho, Furman at UCF, and Citadel at GS are all on ESPN 3 Saturday. WCU at Tennessee is on ESPNU.

kdinva
September 15th, 2015, 03:02 PM
His take was "At least Wofford puts up a fight. Appy lays down and just takes it."

you forgot to paste the Ned Beatty/ASU photo!

chattanoogamocs
September 15th, 2015, 06:28 PM

There are almost as many posts in just the "AGS Lounge" board as there are on the Sunbeltbbs.

- - - Updated - - -

Wofford at Idaho, Furman at UCF, and Citadel at GS are all on ESPN 3 Saturday. WCU at Tennessee is on ESPNU.

And UTC @ Samford is on ASN

http://americansportsnet.com/

CID1990
September 16th, 2015, 02:56 AM
Like I said, they had better pray to whatever God holds sway over college football that Wofford or El Cid don't pull an upset. I think Wofford actually will win.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 16th, 2015, 07:54 AM
Like I said, they had better pray to whatever God holds sway over college football that Wofford or El Cid don't pull an upset. I think Wofford actually will win.

Well, at least if we lose we will still have a 26-point win over one of the better teams in the mighty MAC, a legitimate non-power FBS league whose awesomeness the Slum Belch is aspiring to emulate but will probably never attain. At least that's what I've learned about them from this board.

CID1990
September 16th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Well, at least if we lose we will still have a 26-point win over one of the better teams in the mighty MAC, a legitimate non-power FBS league whose awesomeness the Slum Belch is aspiring to emulate but will probably never attain. At least that's what I've learned about them from this board.

I don't think there is a realistic chance we win this game

GSU is certainly the one grain of sugar in the fly ***** that is the sun blet

Now if we were playing Idaho or NMSU.....

Baldy
September 16th, 2015, 09:22 AM
I don't think there is a realistic chance we win this game

GSU is certainly the one grain of sugar in the fly ***** that is the sun blet

Now if we were playing Idaho or NMSU.....
...or Georgia State.

I think it was Phil Steele who said that the top of the Sun Belt is as competitive as the top of the other G5 conferences, it's just that the bad Sun Belt teams are much worse than the bad teams in the other G5 conferences.

He makes a good point.

blueballs
September 16th, 2015, 10:23 AM
I don't think there is a realistic chance we win this game....

Who really knows? i'm kinda curious as to which GS team shows up... the one from last week that looked like last year's team or the one from week one that looked like 2009. If the one from last week/year shows up your fears are well founded. However, if the one from week one shows up you have a very good chance of walking out with a big win... or if it is somewhere in between we have a dog fight.

Nevertheless, I'm kinda thinking this is the last time the two programs will ever play so let's all enjoy it one more time. Folks around the country just don't understand how tough Citadel has been on GS through the years. There have been games where real bad Citadel teams gave championship GS teams all they wanted and then some... never an easy out, always tough, playing well above the obvious talent differences. When I think of the GS/Citadel series, I think of guys like Travis Stephens... one tough MF that got every ounce out of his talent and caused real problems for what at the time was championship GS offenses; and which GS fan doesn't have recurring nightmares of Neamiah Broughton and Willie Simmons pizzing on GS's homecoming in 2003? And on the other side of the ball who can forget Adrian Peterson's second half performance in 1998? Jayson Foster's second half in 2007? Good times but things have changed........

parr90
September 16th, 2015, 10:56 AM

The militia will return home badly battered and bruised!!

gsu2583
September 16th, 2015, 11:00 AM
yeah theyre overflowing over there - so much that you're slumming over here where nobody likes you

come december the convos all turn to which bcs games they'll be watching on tv

Apphole is my n***a.

And nobody like powder-blue-pussies.

CID1990
September 16th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Apphole is my n***a.

And nobody like powder-blue-pussies.

likes*

ElCid
September 18th, 2015, 06:09 AM

1. UTC (10)
2. Samford (11)
3. Wofford (20)
4. Citadel (22)
5. Furman (37)
6. WCU (47)
7. Mercer (53)
8. VMI (85)
9. ETSU (110)

1. Samford (12)
2. UTC (16)
3. Citadel (26)
4. Wofford (28)
5. WCU (55)
6. Mercer (58)
7. Furman (63)
8. VMI (93)
9. ETSU (111)

You could probably bundle Samford and UTC as tied for 1st; Citadel and Wofford as tied for 3rd; WCU, Mercer and Furman as tied for 5th.

Just FYI, one of the main differences between these computer ratings is that Sagarin does not take into account lower division games and Massey does. I think that is why there is a difference in where UTC is.

FUBeAR
September 18th, 2015, 10:43 AM

1. Samford (12)
2. UTC (16)
3. Citadel (26)
4. Wofford (28)
5. WCU (55)
6. Mercer (58)
7. Furman (63)
8. VMI (93)
9. ETSU (111)

Just noticed something interesting about these 2 different rankings - absolute value of the differences in ranking from one to the other...

Sammy = 1
UTC = 6
El Cid = 4
Woffy = 8
WCU = 8
Mercer = 5
FU = 26
VMI = 8
ETSU = 1

"1 of these things is not like the others"...Seems that nobody really has 'a handle' on how good the 'Dins are this season. Probably still take at least 3 more games by them to have a good feel for that, I would guess.

Toby
September 18th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Just noticed something interesting about these 2 different rankings - absolute value of the differences in ranking from one to the other...

Sammy = 1
UTC = 6
El Cid = 4
Woffy = 8
WCU = 8
Mercer = 5
FU = 26
VMI = 8
ETSU = 1

"1 of these things is not like the others"...Seems that nobody really has 'a handle' on how good the 'Dins are this season. Probably still take at least 3 more games by them to have a good feel for that, I would guess.

At the risk of getting too nerdy, that is what the Standard Deviation calculates for (what is now) all 20 of the composite rankings. The higher the Standard Deviation the bigger the spread in the different computer rankings. Here are the current Massey rankings and Standard Deviation:

Samford (12) 6.46
UTC (15) 13.6
Citadel (25) 17.79
Wofford (53) 10.13
Mercer (58) 16.70
Furman (60) 18.59
VMI (92) 12.16

So this shows statistically exactly your point. Forman's rankings are more spread out, followed by Citadel and Mercer. Which means that there is less agreement among the computer rankings on these.

SCPALADIN
September 18th, 2015, 12:57 PM
NERD xrotatehx

blueballs
September 18th, 2015, 01:33 PM

Sammy = 1
UTC = 6
El Cid = 4
Woffy = 8
WCU = 8
Mercer = 5
FU = 26
VMI = 8
ETSU = 1

Great point... I was listening to Marc Daniels' radio show (Voice of UCF) this morning and he made that exact point, that you had lost @ VT and to CCU, who is ranked #1 in FCS. He was warning the UCF faithful to not think that just because an 0-2 FCS team was showing up tomorrow that the game won't be competitive.

SCPALADIN
September 18th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Great point... I was listening to Marc Daniels' radio show (Voice of UCF) this morning and he made that exact point, that you had lost @ VT and to CCU, who is ranked #1 in FCS. He was warning the UCF faithful to not think that just because an 0-2 FCS team was showing up tomorrow that the game won't be competitive.

The Orlando sports blogs seem to think UCF is a lock to blow Furman out...

Eddie: The Knights will be ticked about their loss to Stanford and will be looking for blood. Furman will enter this game having been beaten up by Virginia Tech the week before and will have to come down to the sauna that is Brighthouse Network Stadium in September. The talent discrepancy would have made this a mismatch to begin with, but the circumstances will only intensify the bloodbath. UCF will click on all cylinders and blow out the Paladins 52-0 to improve their record to 2-1.

Jason: Furman finished last in the Southern Conference last year and doesn’t look very much improved this year. Hopefully they will visit Mickey Mouse before coming to campus because if they don’t their visitor to Orlando is going to be one to forget. The injury bug bit Furman hard in 2014 and some of those players will be back this year. By the end of the game all of the Furman players will be wishing they were on the IR list because this will get ugly fast. Look for UCF to win 49-0. I would be surprised if Furman’s wimpy wall of an offensive line can muster more than 5 first downs the entire game. PS. God help this team if UCF somehow pulls off the upset at Stanford the week before. #ChargeOn 2-1

citdog
September 18th, 2015, 03:22 PM
By Jeff Davis' Nutsack even I will be rooting for furman after reading that!

They still suck

blackbeard
September 18th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Samford
Idaho
Richmond
UCF
Ga. Southern
Tenn. Tech
Tennessee

ElCid
September 18th, 2015, 08:02 PM
At the risk of getting too nerdy, that is what the Standard Deviation calculates for (what is now) all 20 of the composite rankings. The higher the Standard Deviation the bigger the spread in the different computer rankings. Here are the current Massey rankings and Standard Deviation:

Samford (12) 6.46
UTC (15) 13.6
Citadel (25) 17.79
Wofford (53) 10.13
Mercer (58) 16.70
Furman (60) 18.59
VMI (92) 12.16

So this shows statistically exactly your point. Forman's rankings are more spread out, followed by Citadel and Mercer. Which means that there is less agreement among the computer rankings on these.

That is true but some of the rankings used in Massey's composite are seriously flighty. In one of them Mercer, VMI and The Citadel are actually ranked behind.....wait for it.....ETSU! Portland State is ranked behind Bucknell. And Eastern Illinois is ranked ahead of.....Oregon State. Oh yeah, in the same poll, WCU is ranked at 106 in Div I and The Citadel is ranked 205????? And UTC is ahead of JSU. How Massey can even take some of these polls into account is beyond me. So this one poll has obviously skewed the standard dev big time.

chattanoogamocs
September 19th, 2015, 12:12 AM
That is true but some of the rankings used in Massey's composite are seriously flighty. In one of them Mercer, VMI and The Citadel are actually ranked behind.....wait for it.....ETSU! Portland State is ranked behind Bucknell. And Eastern Illinois is ranked ahead of.....Oregon State. Oh yeah, in the same poll, WCU is ranked at 106 in Div I and The Citadel is ranked 205????? And UTC is ahead of JSU. How Massey can even take some of these polls into account is beyond me. So this one poll has obviously skewed the standard dev big time.

Doesn't he drop the highest and lowest to weed out any really odd results?

CID1990
September 19th, 2015, 04:06 AM
One thing is for sure-

El Cid is getting a lot of play around here (some say #3 on this very forum) and it's all based on a win over WCU and a curb stomping of Davidson

This game with GSU won't tell us anything unless it's close, or we win. Right now there is no way to know if we belong in the SoCon conversation. The preseason pick could still turn out to be true.

It was only a short while ago that we beat GSU, then slammed ASU, and didn't even sniff the playoffs.

ElCid
September 19th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Doesn't he drop the highest and lowest to weed out any really odd results?

Actually, not that I can see. He gives his methodology and did not see it mentioned. Also, I computed some of the standard devs and they are exact for all of the ratings given with none missing. So it appears that he does not.

He states:

Consensus Average
The "average" or "consensus" ranking for each team is determined using a least squares fit based on paired comparisons between teams for each of the listed ranking systems. If a team is ranked by all systems, the consensus is equal to the arithmetic average ranking. When a team is not ranked by a particular system, its consensus will be lowered accordingly.

Mocs123
September 19th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Chattanooga 31- Game of the Week
Samford 28

Wofford 24
Idaho 27

VMI 17
Richmond 35

Furman 17
UCF 42

Citadel 21
GSU 31

Mercer 24
Tennessee Tech 17

Western Carolina 3 - Beatdown of the week
Tennessee 49

1.) Samford - Hatcher has the dogs continuing to roll
2.) Chattanooga - Played very poorly in a win against Mars Hill
3.) Furman - We still wont have a chance to see if they are for real again this week, but I think they are
4.) Wofford - Won a much needed OOC game for the SoCon
5.) Citadel - Rising in the rankings, should be an interesting game against GSU this week
6.) Western Carolina - Lost, but are still talented. How do they respond?
7.) Mercer - Really a better team than 7th, but I think there are a lot of good teams in the SoCon this year.
8.) VMI - I asked last week if they should be moved up, they answered, and that answer is no.
9.) ETSU - I am 0-2 picking ETSU to win. I thought they could handle DIII Maryville.

ButlerGSU
September 19th, 2015, 06:34 PM

I don't think you'll hear much smack from us tonight...

tigonian02
September 19th, 2015, 06:37 PM
I don't think you'll hear much smack from us tonight...

Nah...smack isn't fun if it's a known projected easy win ;). I kid, I kid.

tigonian02
September 19th, 2015, 06:51 PM
This Woffy-Idaho game is ridiculous. Game could end with 100 points across the board.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Chattanooga 31- Game of the Week
Samford 28

Wofford 24
Idaho 27

VMI 17
Richmond 35

Furman 17
UCF 42

Citadel 21
GSU 31

Mercer 24
Tennessee Tech 17

Western Carolina 3 - Beatdown of the week
Tennessee 49

1.) Samford - Hatcher has the dogs continuing to roll
2.) Chattanooga - Played very poorly in a win against Mars Hill
3.) Furman - We still wont have a chance to see if they are for real again this week, but I think they are
4.) Wofford - Won a much needed OOC game for the SoCon
5.) Citadel - Rising in the rankings, should be an interesting game against GSU this week
6.) Western Carolina - Lost, but are still talented. How do they respond?
7.) Mercer - Really a better team than 7th, but I think there are a lot of good teams in the SoCon this year.
8.) VMI - I asked last week if they should be moved up, they answered, and that answer is no.
9.) ETSU - I am 0-2 picking ETSU to win. I thought they could handle DIII Maryville.

UCF was lucky to get 7, much less 42.

ElCid
September 19th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Nah...smack isn't fun if it's a known projected easy win ;). I kid, I kid.

Yeah, yeah, kind of hard to stay close when you turn it over 5 times! But I figured it would be about this score, see page one of thread. It probably should have been worse with those turnovers. You guys will run wild again in the Sun Belch and finally get your Bowl game. Doubt we will ever play again.

SCPALADIN
September 19th, 2015, 08:36 PM
Furman at UCF (17-13)

Not bad

Mocs123
September 19th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Nice win by Furman!!!!!!

Too bad Wofford couldn't pull off the win

Hoping Mercer pulls their game out - the SoCon needs the OOC win

tigonian02
September 19th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Yeah, yeah, kind of hard to stay close when you turn it over 5 times! But I figured it would be about this score, see page one of thread. It probably should have been worse with those turnovers. You guys will run wild again in the Sun Belch and finally get your Bowl game. Doubt we will ever play again.

Much respect for the Citadel. We may not meet again, but in case we do, until next time, give the rest of the Socon hell! xthumbsupx

chattanoogamocs
September 19th, 2015, 10:30 PM
Thursday
East Tennessee State 7
Charleston Southern 47

Saturday
Chattanooga 31
Samford 21
(A: 9,088)

Wofford 38
Idaho 41

VMI 10
Richmond 42

Furman 16
UCF 15

The Citadel 13
Georgia Southern 48

Mercer 22
Tennessee Tech 29

Western Carolina 10
Tennessee-Knoxville 55

chattanoogamocs
September 19th, 2015, 10:48 PM
1. Chattanooga 12,652
Jacksonville State 15,812
Mars Hill 9,491

2. Western Carolina 12,348
Mars Hill 12,338

3. Mercer 11,267
Stetson 11,267

4. The Citadel 8,357
Davidson 8,665
Western Carolina 8,048

East Tennessee State 7,787
Kennesaw State 8,217
Maryville 7,357

5. Wofford 6,843
Tennessee Tech 6,834

6. Samford 6,687
Central Arkansas 6,259
Florida A&M 4,714
Chattanooga 9,088

7. Furman 6,563
Coastal Carolina 6,563

8. VMI 5,016
Morehead State 5,016

eaglewraith
September 20th, 2015, 12:02 AM

Money's on the counter. Be quiet on your way out.

citdog
September 20th, 2015, 02:44 AM
Money's on the counter. Be quiet on your way out.

Things said on the night eaglewraith was conceived?

Baldy
September 20th, 2015, 06:30 AM
Things said on the night eaglewraith was conceived?
What the General told the knob...he took it like a man.

OL FU
September 20th, 2015, 06:40 AM
Well I missed wc beating Idaho and furman losing to cf. I will take that swap. Missed mercer also. Need to study that one to figure out what happened.

PaladinFan
September 20th, 2015, 06:44 AM
Mercy. Charleston Southern hung 34 points on ETSU in the second quarter. Did not know that was possible.

PaladinFan
September 20th, 2015, 06:49 AM
Well I missed wc beating Idaho and furman losing to cf. I will take that swap. Missed mercer also. Need to study that one to figure out what happened.

Interesting note. That was Mercer's first non-conference loss in Bobby Lamb's tenure.

OL FU
September 20th, 2015, 06:55 AM
The other good news for me any way. I think I will be ready to rate the teams in the conference from 1 to 8. Thought I would have to wait for the vmi game. Somebody put that thread up.xthumbsupx

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 20th, 2015, 08:02 AM

I have one extra large serving of crow with an extra large crowshake. Would you like some fries with that?

OL FU
September 20th, 2015, 08:25 AM
I have one extra large serving of crow with an extra large crowshake. Would you like some fries with that?

The one thing I have learned about citdog is his motto is offend early and often and then not apologize later:)

Milktruck74
September 20th, 2015, 08:49 AM
The one thing I have learned about citdog is his motto is offend early and often and then not apologize later:)

And whenever anyone mentions Furman.... (wait for it, wait for it)

chattanoogamocs
September 20th, 2015, 09:00 AM
Interesting note. That was Mercer's first non-conference loss in Bobby Lamb's tenure.

Mercer is slowly removing the safety net of playing really terrible non-conference games.

Ivytalk
September 20th, 2015, 09:03 AM
Bad year for citdog. First the Confederate flag comes down everywhere but his bathroom, now GSU whips Citadel's fannies.

OL FU
September 20th, 2015, 09:27 AM
And whenever anyone mentions Furman.... (wait for it, wait for it)

That is true but that motto is reserved for certain very specified recipients.xnodx

And we are very happy to remind him that he will live long enough to see the Citadel catch Furman in the series record:p 58-33-3xpeacex

citdog
September 20th, 2015, 09:57 PM

You should be telling jokes on the stage! Funny stuff bro!

lame

citdog
September 20th, 2015, 10:02 PM
Bad year for citdog. First the Confederate flag comes down everywhere but his bathroom, now GSU whips Citadel's fannies.

Funny how the sacred symbol our gallant lads in gray struggled under for rights guaranteed to their States under the late constitution is more highly visible now that the SC Gop finally received confirmation of Marse Robert's capitulation.

CID1990
September 21st, 2015, 06:06 AM
Did anyone say furmen sux yet?

Jeesh do I have to do everyone else's job around here?

Furmen sux

PaladinFan
September 21st, 2015, 06:23 AM
Did anyone say furmen sux yet?

Jeesh do I have to do everyone else's job around here?

Furmen sux

Doesn't flow as easily off the tongue when Furman beats an FBS school and the Citadel gets their butts handed to them by a former SoCon team.

CID1990
September 21st, 2015, 09:12 AM
Doesn't flow as easily off the tongue when Furman beats an FBS school and the Citadel gets their butts handed to them by a former SoCon team.

Sure it does

Furmen could beat Alabama 50-0 and they would still suck

citdog
September 21st, 2015, 09:53 AM

Y'all beat the Davidson of the FBS! Congrats!

SCPALADIN
September 21st, 2015, 10:32 AM

Thanks! Feels a heck of a lot better than beating the actual Davidson. xthumbsupx
Anyone with a basic knowledge of FBS football should be able to name 12-15 teams from the MAC, Sun-Belt and Mountain West who are as bad or worse than UCF. We'll find out who the worst team in DI is when Davidson plays Valpo in a few weeks.

citdog
September 21st, 2015, 10:36 AM
Thanks! Feels a heck of a lot better than beating the actual Davidson. xthumbsupx
Anyone with a basic knowledge of FBS football should be able to name 12-15 teams from the MAC, Sun-Belt and Mountain West who are as bad or worse than UCF. We'll find out who the worst team in DI is when Davidson plays Valpo in a few weeks.

Thanks for admitting that ucf a'int the Packers.

ButlerGSU
September 21st, 2015, 10:45 AM

This makes no sense.

Davidson is a private, liberal arts school with no scholarships. UCF is a public, research university (the second largest in the country) with scholarships...not to mention just a few years removed from winning the Fiesta Bowl.

citdog
September 21st, 2015, 10:55 AM
This makes no sense.

Davidson is a private, liberal arts school with no scholarships. UCF is a public, research university (the second largest in the country) with scholarships...not to mention just a few years removed from winning the Fiesta Bowl.

As usual most everything is over the head of the intellectual nitwits that pour out of pig's ass, Georgia each year. UCF is a bad football team THIS year. Feel the need to take up for your fellow irrelevents in the FBS?

BearDownMU
September 21st, 2015, 10:56 AM

I can fill you in. 5 red zone trips. 2 TD's. It's one of the ways you out-gain someone on offense and lose. We just couldn't get it clicking in the scoring area.

ButlerGSU
September 21st, 2015, 11:11 AM
As usual most everything is over the head of the intellectual nitwits that pour out of pig's ass, Georgia each year. UCF is a bad football team THIS year. Feel the need to take up for your fellow irrelevents in the FBS?

If UCF is bad...you guys are terrible. At least they put up a fight.

Baldy
September 21st, 2015, 11:14 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17c7fsli3fc3gjpg/original.jpg

xlolx

OL FU
September 21st, 2015, 11:18 AM

Kev, this is one of the reasons that I love you. You spend last week telling all the GSU fans how THE Citadel is going to send them home crying, then THE Citadel gets the sheet beat out of them by said GSU and all of a sudden the FBS team that loses to a fellow SoCon school might just be able to beat Davidson:)

Can't wait until we have that drink in a monthxdrunkyx

citdog
September 21st, 2015, 11:19 AM
If UCF is bad...you guys are terrible. At least they put up a fight.

You'll still count that win in order to be eligible for the poulan weedeater bowl in Shreveport ten days before christmas though won't ya!

OL FU
September 21st, 2015, 11:19 AM
I can fill you in. 5 red zone trips. 2 TD's. It's one of the ways you out-gain someone on offense and lose. We just couldn't get it clicking in the scoring area.

That will do it. One of our problems last year (among many others)

citdog
September 21st, 2015, 11:21 AM
Kev, this is one of the reasons that I love you. You spend last week telling all the GSU fans how THE Citadel is going to send them home crying, then THE Citadel gets the sheet beat out of them by said GSU and all of a sudden the FBS team that loses to a fellow SoCon school might just be able to beat Davidson:)

Can't wait until we have that drink in a monthxdrunkyx

You know i can talk myself into just about ANYTHING!

OL FU
September 21st, 2015, 11:22 AM
You know i can talk myself into just about ANYTHING!

I do know you DO talk yourself into a lot of things. Mostly things you have decided way before presented with the factsxthumbsupx

citdog
September 21st, 2015, 11:28 AM
I do know you DO talk yourself into a lot of things. Mostly things you have decided way before presented with the factsxthumbsupx

I come from a long line of people who would rather lose the war than admit to the mistake!

ButlerGSU
September 21st, 2015, 03:22 PM
You'll still count that win in order to be eligible for the poulan weedeater bowl in Shreveport ten days before christmas though won't ya!

We got what we paid for...a scrub team to come in and take a beating in front of 24,500.

citdog
September 21st, 2015, 03:23 PM
We got what we paid for...a scrub team to come in and take a beating in front of 24,500.

You don't pay enough. how's that home and home scheduling with Ga and Ga Tech coming???

ButlerGSU
September 21st, 2015, 03:29 PM
You don't pay enough. how's that home and home scheduling with Ga and Ga Tech coming???

Of course we won't pay wanna be West Point to come in...you won't bring 50 people. Look at your home attendance...what is it? About 8,000 per game? You're an irrelevant scrub.

Anyhoo, just came over to congratulate Furman on a great win! We were pulling for y'all here in Orlando on Saturday night.

CID1990
September 21st, 2015, 03:31 PM
Of course we won't pay wanna be West Point to come in...you won't bring 50 people. Look at your home attendance...what is it? About 8,000 per game? You're an irrevalent scrub.

Anyhoo, just came over to congratulate Furman on a great win! We were pulling for y'all here in Orlando on Saturday night.

*irrelevant

Baldy
September 21st, 2015, 03:50 PM
Home and home ain't gonna happen, but they pay enough. xnodx

Hey citdog, Clemson paid $275K to put you to bed without dinner in 2013. They're paying us $1.1 Million in 2018. xlolx

citdog
September 21st, 2015, 04:11 PM
Of course we won't pay wanna be West Point to come in...you won't bring 50 people. Look at your home attendance...what is it? About 8,000 per game? You're an irrelevant scrub.

I'd rather be a 'wanna be west point" than a wanna be Georgia State. GSU is in Atlanta.

ButlerGSU
September 21st, 2015, 04:29 PM
I'd rather be a 'wanna be west point" than a wanna be Georgia State. GSU is in Atlanta.

Come on Citdog, this comeback is as weak as your defense on Saturday night. It's almost as sad as the gif in your signature...guess you guys don't have too many big wins to hang your hats on though.

eaglewraith
September 21st, 2015, 09:18 PM

That's Yiddish for:
http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif

CID1990
September 22nd, 2015, 04:28 AM
That's Yiddish for:
http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif

Yes they did!

TBH, I'm not happy with our performance, but if we were destined to have a fumblepalooza I'm glad it happened against you guys and not a SoCon team

Baldy
September 22nd, 2015, 04:57 AM
Yes they did!

TBH, I'm not happy with our performance, but if we were destined to have a fumblepalooza I'm glad it happened against you guys and not a SoCon team
You guys will be fine, especially on defense. Your QB still has that new car smell and will take some time to adjust to the speed and make the correct reads. McField is a load at B-back. Keep him healthy and he is going to wreak havoc in conference play. I see the 'hops being in the playoff picture all the way until the end.