View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 3

carney2
September 13th, 2015, 08:39 AM
Thank you, Hoyas, for preventing the sweep. Am I the only one thinking that maybe, as a League, we were better without scholarships?

Oh well, here we go again. Take heart, only one CAA team this week.

Dartmouth @ GEORGETOWN
Penn @ LEHIGH
Columbia @ FORDHAM
Yale @ COLGATE
BUCKNELL @ Cornell
HOLY CROSS @ Towson
Princeton @ LAFAYETTE

GAME OF THE WEEK: Yale @ COLGATE – We finally get a chance to gauge if the ‘gaters have anything.

OOC:
Total: 5-8
vs. AAC: 0-1
vs. Big South: 1-0
vs. CAA: 0-5
vs. FBS Independent: 1-0
vs. NEC: 1-2
vs. Pioneer: 2-0

CFBfan
September 13th, 2015, 08:55 AM
[QUOTE=carney2;2250565]Thank you, Hoyas, for preventing the sweep. Am I the only one thinking that maybe, as a League, we were better without scholarships?

Oh well, here we go again. Take heart, only one CAA team this week.

Dartmouth @ GEORGETOWN
Penn @ LEHIGH
Columbia @ FORDHAM
Yale @ COLGATE
BUCKNELL @ Cornell
HOLY CROSS @ Towson
Princeton @ LAFAYETTE

GAME OF THE WEEK: Yale @ COLGATE – We finally get a chance to gauge if the ‘gaters have anything.

it's one thing to have the CAA sweep you out the door, it would be very alarming to NOT win against the Ivies and win all but 1 game
Gate has looked awful in their 2 losses

bulldog10jw
September 13th, 2015, 09:11 AM
Anyone ever hear what happened to Bogus Megapardus, or is he around and I just missed his posts?

RichH2
September 13th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Bogie posting on Pard board. Says he wont be back here. Someone hacked his acct here causing problems for him. Do miss his intelligence and humor here.

carney2
September 13th, 2015, 10:28 AM
it's one thing to have the CAA sweep you out the door, it would be very alarming to NOT win against the Ivies and win all but 1 game
Gate has looked awful in their 2 losses

One pretty certain loss to an Ivy opponent this week and one more with a high probability. Winning "all but one" doesn't look like a good bet.

- - - Updated - - -

Bogie posting on Pard board. Says he wont be back here. Someone hacked his acct here causing problems for him. Do miss his intelligence and humor here.

Well, the humor at least.

Ivytalk
September 13th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Dartmouth
Lehigh
Fordham
Yale
Bucknell
Towson
Princeton

ngineer
September 13th, 2015, 11:16 AM
PL should have a winning week, but won't.

Dartmouth should roll over Hoyas, but stranger things have happened. Big Green, 35-14
Lehigh better beat Penn or there will problems on the Mountain. Quackers to be a 'middling' IL this year. Lehigh needs to make a positive statement. Engineering Mountain Hawks, 27-17.
Rams should get to play everyone. Moorhead pulls off the pedal. Rams 45-10.
Best game of the week in Hamilton. Yale without Varga, but still formidable. Statement game for 'gate. Eli, but not in a Wallach, 28-21.
Bucknell should have a bision chip on its shoulder after last week. Must beat SUNY-Ithaca to continue progress. B'nell over C'nell, 31-17.
Holy Cross with a real challenge. Towson needs home win to gear up for CAA run. Too many guns for Cross. Tigers, 38-24.
Lafayette has a mind block with Princeton. Tigers should be one of the top ILs this year. Pards drop third in a row, 33-24.

RichH2
September 13th, 2015, 11:35 AM
Hopefully not as bad a week.
Lehigh should beat Penn at home in Penn's opener. Will give us a more accurate picture of Lehigh.
Dartmouth too much for Hoyas
Rams in a rout
Bucknell has shown little O so far but will beat a very bad Cornl program.
Towson in a shootout. Pujols will keep Cross close.
Princeton will edge Pards. Who will be Pards QB ?
Gate over Yale. Yale not Navy or UNH.Gate better thn they hve looked.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 13th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Drew Reed mysteriously had his four game "suspension" lifted in the second half of the Delaware game down 13-3. Discuss.

CHIP72
September 13th, 2015, 11:59 AM

Yeah, I saw Bogie's post on the Lafayette forum and will also miss him here.

RichH2
September 13th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Shows I should have read Pards box score. With Reed Pards have a decent shot to beat Tigers. Wait til Game notes up to decide.

carney2
September 13th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Drew Reed mysteriously had his four game "suspension" lifted in the second half of the Delaware game down 13-3. Discuss.

"4 games" was never official; never published. Only part of the never ending rumor mill. Frank kind of hinted this would happen sooner, rather than later, immediately after the W&M game.

Besides, the sooner the last set of suspensions are lifted, the sooner Frank can get on to the next.

carney2
September 13th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Dartmouth @ GEORGETOWN – Second best Ivy has way too many guns for a team that lost to St. Francis.

Penn @ LEHIGH – If the Squawks can’t make a laffer out of this, the season is over.

Columbia @ FORDHAM – Mayor’s Cup or not, this series needs to end before some powder blue lion gets hurt. Welcome to Morningside Heights, Al.

Yale @ COLGATE - Not a ‘gate believer before the season. Not a ‘gate believer now.

BUCKNELL @ Cornell – Duquesne proved that not all cupcakes are created equal. Oh well, let’s have another.

HOLY CROSS @ Towson – The Cross is another team that is hard to believe in. Certainly they are not the Patriot League stopper against the CAA.

Princeton @ LAFAYETTE – A wise man never picks against Princeton in this series. A wise man never picks Lafayette against anyone after last week’s D-3 performance.

Southsider
September 13th, 2015, 01:15 PM
PL should have a winning week, but won't.

Dartmouth should roll over Hoyas, but stranger things have happened. Big Green, 35-14
Lehigh better beat Penn or there will problems on the Mountain. Quackers to be a 'middling' IL this year. Lehigh needs to make a positive statement. Engineering Mountain Hawks, 27-17.
Rams should get to play everyone. Moorhead pulls off the pedal. Rams 45-10.
Best game of the week in Hamilton. Yale without Varga, but still formidable. Statement game for 'gate. Eli, but not in a Wallach, 28-21.
Bucknell should have a bision chip on its shoulder after last week. Must beat SUNY-Ithaca to continue progress. B'nell over C'nell, 31-17.
Holy Cross with a real challenge. Towson needs home win to gear up for CAA run. Too many guns for Cross. Tigers, 38-24.
Lafayette has a mind block with Princeton. Tigers should be one of the top ILs this year. Pards drop third in a row, 33-24.

Won't be enough for me. Must win in convincing fashion. Not sure they can with this staff.

Pards Rule
September 13th, 2015, 03:57 PM
I hope to see my first victory against Princeton in person this week. Carney, the Pard should be dried out by then after the what I will now coin the "Delaware deluge"...I do want to add roaming the UD tailgate area before the game I was invited into several tents so I accepted an invite as it started raining hard again and did have a good time visiting with the fine folk. Interestingly most of them were not aware this was a series and they would be playing in Easton next year. Also heard from a very reliable source before the game that a 4 gamer with the Tribe will be in the near future.

Go...gate
September 13th, 2015, 08:55 PM

Bogie is definitely missed. Hope he will reconsider.

ngineer
September 13th, 2015, 09:16 PM
"4 games" was never official; never published. Only part of the never ending rumor mill. Frank kind of hinted this would happen sooner, rather than later, immediately after the W&M game.

Besides, the sooner the last set of suspensions are lifted, the sooner Frank can get on to the next.

You are leaving me in "suspense"...(;-)

bonarae
September 13th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Dartmouth @ GEORGETOWN
Penn @ LEHIGH
Columbia @ FORDHAM
Yale @ COLGATE - toss-up
BUCKNELL @ Cornell
HOLY CROSS @ Towson
Princeton @ LAFAYETTE - less than 2 TD's margin

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2015, 10:37 PM
Toss up? Slight edge to Yale. Colgate has nothing doing.

Can't wait to see what buffonory will unfold in this edition of the Princeton series.

PS only wins are: 1909, 1982, 2000, 2003. Tavani is the winningest in our history.

jimbo65
September 14th, 2015, 06:43 AM
Dartmouth
Lehigh
Fordham Last game of Liberty Cup started in 2001 to honor those murdered on 9/11. Columbia bows out which is understandable since last two yrs. combined they lost by 100 points or so.
Yale
Bucknell
Towson
Lafayette

KillaBee
September 14th, 2015, 09:13 AM
LAFAYETTE LEOPARDS WILL BEAT THE TIGERS BY 21.

ITS A MUST WIN AND IT WILL HAPPEN.

Gangtackle11
September 14th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Dartmouth 20 @ GEORGETOWN 13 - Big Green start their season with close win in DC.
Penn 7 @ LEHIGH 38 - Scholarships make this a big edge for the Mountain Hawks
Columbia 14 @ FORDHAM 49 - Great game if played in the '30s.
Yale 16 @ COLGATE 20 -Coin flip.
BUCKNELL 28 @ Cornell 20 - Bisons get back back on track after loss to Duquesne, but it won't be easy.
HOLY CROSS 13 @ Towson 21 - Towson has looked good so far.
Princeton 10 @ LAFAYETTE 14- Another game that could go either way.

Last Week: 5-1 Season: 10-3

Andy
September 14th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Dartmouth @ GEORGETOWN - Green. Is Crouthamel still there?
Penn @ LEHIGH - I'll go with the Lehighs and their games under belt
Columbia @ FORDHAM - please....
Yale @ COLGATE - jeezuz, the conflict... Gate, but I'm also picking Yale, hedging a bit here. Go G'Eli's!
BUCKNELL @ Cornell - Bison
HOLY CROSS @ Towson - going with the X-Patriots
Princeton @ LAFAYETTE - guarantee game! If, with 3 weeks of camp and 2 games in the bank, we lose this one, start calling carney, p4l and me the 3-amigos. PARDS

carney2
September 14th, 2015, 11:12 AM

Disregard. This guy is off his meds.

Bill
September 14th, 2015, 11:35 AM
For those of you who missed it the first time, here is my (somewhat lame) tribute to Bogie:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21327&stc=1

Bill
September 14th, 2015, 11:42 AM
I got crushed last week. Now at 8-5 overall.

Dartmouth @ GEORGETOWN - Dartmouth, just because. 30-17
Penn @ LEHIGH - uh, oh, I am so down on LU right now....Penn, 25-19.
Columbia @ FORDHAM - The one game I feel really good about. Fordham, 38-6.
Yale @ COLGATE - an anti PL pick here, Yale 22-20.
BUCKNELL @ Cornell....Bison, In a definite maybe. Bucknell, 24-20
HOLY CROSS @ Towson Towson, because I may never pick the PL over the CAA again. xsmiley_wix Towson, 18-15
Princeton @ LAFAYETTE - uggh. If Carney won't do it, I will. LAFAYETTE 27, PRINCETON 26.

crusader11
September 14th, 2015, 12:03 PM
5-1 last week and 10-3 on the year...

Dartmouth @ GEORGETOWN -- Won't be close.
Penn @ LEHIGH -- Engineers get their first win, spoiling Ray Priore's first game as Penn head coach.
Columbia @ FORDHAM -- The Rams could name the score if they wanted.
Yale @ COLGATE -- Still don't believe in Dan Hunt.
BUCKNELL @ Cornell -- Bucknell has been disappointing, but Cornell is real bad. Hard to see the Bison losing.
HOLY CROSS @ Towson -- Really interesting game here. HC has had two weeks to prepare for this one. I think they find a way to win...someway, somehow.
Princeton @ LAFAYETTE -- This game is pretty much an auto L for Lafayette at this point, right?

eiu1999
September 14th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Dartmouth @ Georgetown
Penn @ Lehigh
Columbia @ Fordham
Yale @ Colgate
Bucknell @ Cornell
Holy Cross @ Towson
Princeton @ Layfaette

RichH2
September 14th, 2015, 01:04 PM
FWIW
MASSEY
Pards. 27-21
Bucknell. 31-14
Lehigh. 31-26
Towson. 28-$0
Yale. 31-28
Fordham. 47-7
Dartmouth 28-17
Bzssett
80-90%
Fordham. 49-14
60-70%
Yale. 38.5-20
Bucknell. 31.5-21
Dartmouth. 31.5-21
Princeton. 31.5-28
Lehigh. Tossup
Hloy Cross. Tossup

KillaBee
September 14th, 2015, 01:14 PM
Disregard. This guy is off his meds.

CARNEY,
I RESPECT YOUR LOYALTY, AND TRUST THAT YOU KNOW JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING CONCERNING LAFAYETTE LEOPARDS FOOTBALL. JUST ONE THING YOU ARE INCORRECT ABOUT AND THAT IS.. THE LEOPARDS WILL BEAT THE TIGERS BY 21....

CFBfan
September 14th, 2015, 01:24 PM
CARNEY,
I RESPECT YOUR LOYALTY, AND TRUST THAT YOU KNOW JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING CONCERNING LAFAYETTE LEOPARDS FOOTBALL. JUST ONE THING YOU ARE INCORRECT ABOUT AND THAT IS.. THE LEOPARDS WILL BEAT THE TIGERS BY 21....

Hallucinogens??
perhaps some purple haze?

van
September 14th, 2015, 01:31 PM
5-1 last week and 10-3 on the year...

Dartmouth @ GEORGETOWN -- Won't be close.
Penn @ LEHIGH -- Engineers get their first win, spoiling Ray Priore's first game as Penn head coach.
Columbia @ FORDHAM -- The Rams could name the score if they wanted.
Yale @ COLGATE -- Still don't believe in Dan Hunt.
BUCKNELL @ Cornell -- Bucknell has been disappointing, but Cornell is real bad. Hard to see the Bison losing.
HOLY CROSS @ Towson -- Really interesting game here. HC has had two weeks to prepare for this one. I think they find a way to win...someway, somehow.
Princeton @ LAFAYETTE -- This game is pretty much an auto L for Lafayette at this point, right?

ahem, CCSU in a NEC team but a win against them still counts does it not?

van
September 14th, 2015, 01:41 PM
Dartmouth @ GEORGETOWN, Hoyas already won once this year, that's enough
Penn @ LEHIGH, still smarting from JMU debacle but home cooking and first game for Penn should be more than enough
Columbia @ FORDHAM, yikes, show some mercy please
Yale @ COLGATE, Melville just not enough all by himself
BUCKNELL @ Cornell, Buffs did not look goon on O last week but the other nells are really bad
HOLY CROSS @ Towson, don't go with PL over CAA this year
Princeton @ LAFAYETTE, tigger on the road for game 1 might be just enough for pards to beat the curse

8-5 for the year after last weeks fiascos

Andy
September 14th, 2015, 01:53 PM
FWIW
MASSEY
Pards. 27-21
Bucknell. 31-14
Lehigh. 31-26
Towson. 28-$0
Yale. 31-28
Fordham. 47-7
Dartmouth 28-17
Bzssett
80-90%
Fordham. 49-14
60-70%
Yale. 38.5-20
Bucknell. 31.5-21
Dartmouth. 31.5-21
Princeton. 31.5-28
Lehigh. Tossup
Hloy Cross. Tossup

Pure genius from Professor Massey! Yessir, Pards roll!

Quintessential Lehigh look, but I like him anyway:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/39/KennethMasseyAug2014.png/220px-KennethMasseyAug2014.png

crusader11
September 14th, 2015, 01:53 PM

Oops! My bad. Yes, still counts.

bulldog10jw
September 14th, 2015, 01:59 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by van http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2251085#post2251085)

Oops! My bad. Yes, still counts.

Expect aceinthehole to be listing every NEC OOC win in the last decade soon :D

carney2
September 14th, 2015, 06:42 PM
For those of you who missed it the first time, here is my (somewhat lame) tribute to Bogie:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21327&stc=1

Old news. This was posted before the Pards showed 8 quarters of No O.

carney2
September 14th, 2015, 06:44 PM
CARNEY,
I RESPECT YOUR LOYALTY, AND TRUST THAT YOU KNOW JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING

Apology accepted.

carney2
September 14th, 2015, 06:46 PM
Princeton @ LAFAYETTE, tigger on the road for game 1 might be just enough for pards to beat the curse

That's The Curse. Proper respect for tradition, please.

van
September 14th, 2015, 08:37 PM
That's The Curse. Proper respect for tradition, please.

my bad, it will be THE CURSE from now on

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Are we completely sure that Penn is devoid of talent and hope right now? I haven't followed Quaker football much lately so I don't know the details. The obviously stunk last year, like Lehigh, and are are breaking in a new coach. I'm so use to Penn having good talent that I can't help but be a little nervous about this one.

I've had Towson in my Top 25 to start the year. I think Ambrose has assembled a very underappreciated team. I watched most of their game against ECU and came away extremely impressed. The Tigers stood up physically to the Pirates for 60 minutes. HC needs to play a whale of a game to have chance imo. I can't help but think the 0-fer against the CAA is going to continue....xembarrassedx

KPSUL
September 14th, 2015, 09:35 PM

QUIT SHOUTING! We can hear you just fine.

DFW HOYA
September 14th, 2015, 09:54 PM
Week 3 on the calendar:

Dartmouth over Georgetown: The Indians will challenge for a title. Georgetown will not, as it doesn't have the offense to stay close.
Lehigh over Pennsylvania: Engineers are due for a bounce-back game.
Fordham over Columbia: The Liberty Cup ends with bad blood. This could be a 50 point game.
Yale over Colgate: Toss-up.
Bucknell over Cornell: Still more talent with the Bison.
Towson over Holy Cross: Tigers underrated this season, continue the CAA recent mastery over the PL-6.
Lafayette over Princeton: Following the win, Lafayette officials sign Frank Tavani to a lifetime contract, LC message boards erupt.

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2015, 10:04 PM
QUIT SHOUTING! We can hear you just fine.

He is in a state of delierium. It will pass by 9pm this Saturday.

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2015, 10:06 PM
Hey wait a minute here: isn't Penn Lehigh's curse? I recall a #1 Lehigh team losing on a FG at Franklin 13 years ago.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2015, 10:12 PM
Hey wait a minute here: isn't Penn Lehigh's curse? I recall a #1 Lehigh team losing on a FG at Franklin 13 years ago.

#2 Lehigh on a Saturday night in front of 25k plus at Franklin Field. I was there since I was a student at Temple then. Marshall Faulk's cousin had the play of the game. He scored on a hook and lateral right before half to give Penn momentum.

Interesting trivia about that game, due to a scheduling quirk, Temple-Cincinnati played earlier that day at Franklin Field making it, to my knowledge, the only FBS/FCS double header in college football history....

Penn also came back to beat a highly ranked Lehigh team the next year at Goodman. Lehigh was in control of the game before a lightning delay completely changed things. Penn had a wr, Castle? who killed Lehigh.....

ngineer
September 14th, 2015, 10:46 PM
Historically, Penn has been a problem for us. I don't think we got our first win against them until the late 70's. However in the past few decades I think it has been fairly even. The game at Franklin Field mentioned above was a great ball game and one of the best FCS atmospheres I've been in outside of The Rivalry. Great crowd under the lights about split evenly between the two schools. Coen was Penn OC then.

Sader87
September 14th, 2015, 10:54 PM
I'll say this....a blow-out loss would be very detrimental to Gilmore imo. He has to make some strides this year and I'm tired of hearing he has to have time....he's coached longer at HC than anyone not named Dr Eddie Anderson.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2015, 11:00 PM
Historically, Penn has been a problem for us. I don't think we got our first win against them until the late 70's. However in the past few decades I think it has been fairly even. The game at Franklin Field mentioned above was a great ball game and one of the best FCS atmospheres I've been in outside of The Rivalry. Great crowd under the lights about split evenly between the two schools. Coen was Penn OC then.

Lehigh did not beat Penn until 1975. Since then the Mountain Hawks are 13-4 against the Quakers but lost the last two, 2002 and 2003. To be fair, those were two Top 25 Penn teams. The 2003 team finished undefeated and ranked #10.

I remember the 1991 and 2000 games. Lehigh came from behind in 1991 in a really great game. In 2000 Lehigh smothered highly touted Northwestern transfer Gavin Hoffman en-route to a 17-10 win. The 2001 game was canceled due to 9/11.

Penn was legitimately one of the better programs in 1AA/FCS for about a 10 year period, 1993-2004. Bags had some nasty teams.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2015, 11:03 PM
I'll say this....a blow-out loss would be very detrimental to Gilmore imo. He has to make some strides this year and I'm tired of hearing he has to have time....he's coached longer at HC than anyone not named Dr Eddie Anderson.

Gilmore and Tavani should be on short leashes. I get the sense that pressure will be mounting on Coen if things don't turn around. The natives are definitely growing increasingly wrestles.

Bottom line, before the season started it was obvious that Lehigh, Colgate, Holy Cross and Lafayette needed to get things headed in the right direction for their own sake and the sake of the league. As the leaves begin to change, things are still pretty dicey....

HC is not going to have fun against Towson. They are big and talented. The Tigers will finish the plays that Monmouth couldn't. HC will have to play their best game in 3-4 years to win. If they keep it within 2 TD's I'll be pleasantly surprised.

RichH2
September 15th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Are we completely sure that Penn is devoid of talent and hope right now? I haven't followed Quaker football much lately so I don't know the details. The obviously stunk last year, like Lehigh, and are are breaking in a new coach. I'm so use to Penn having good talent that I can't help but be a little nervous about this one.

I've had Towson in my Top 25 to start the year. I think Ambrose has assembled a very underappreciated team. I watched most of their game against ECU and came away extremely impressed. The Tigers stood up physically to the Pirates for 60 minutes. HC needs to play a whale of a game to have chance imo. I can't help but think the 0-fer against the CAA is going to continue....xembarrassedx
Penn picked 6 in IL. Return a good QB in Torgeson and a sold DL,not much else.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 15th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Tavani won the game that counted last November. He's merely in his 10 game preseason before his real season starts, the one-game playoff vs. Lehigh. He knows that no result in those other games matters one whit to his job security.

carney2
September 15th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Lafayette over Princeton: Following the win, Lafayette officials sign Frank Tavani to a lifetime contract, LC message boards erupt.

Tavani already has a lifetime contract. It just isn't in writing.

Note to owl: No short leash. Tavani leaves when he's ready and not before. I know it's hard to believe. This could be his 6th losing season in a row. There may be other D-1 football programs where a football coach with 6 consecutive losing seasons is guaranteed lifetime employment, but I can't name one.

bulldog10jw
September 15th, 2015, 10:20 AM
Tavani already has a lifetime contract. It just isn't in writing.

Note to owl: No short leash. Tavani leaves when he's ready and not before. I know it's hard to believe. This could be his 6th losing season in a row. There may be other D-1 football programs where a football coach with 6 consecutive losing seasons is guaranteed lifetime employment, but I can't name one.

If, a big if of course, a Columbia football coach went 4-6 six years in a row, they would build a statue honoring him and give him a lifetime contract and a parade.

Southsider
September 15th, 2015, 11:35 AM
Lehigh did not beat Penn until 1975. Since then the Mountain Hawks are 13-4 against the Quakers but lost the last two, 2002 and 2003. To be fair, those were two Top 25 Penn teams. The 2003 team finished undefeated and ranked #10.

I remember the 1991 and 2000 games. Lehigh came from behind in 1991 in a really great game. In 2000 Lehigh smothered highly touted Northwestern transfer Gavin Hoffman en-route to a 17-10 win. The 2001 game was canceled due to 9/11.

Penn was legitimately one of the better programs in 1AA/FCS for about a 10 year period, 1993-2004. Bags had some nasty teams.

I also remember losing to them in 1978 in Philly. IIRC, it was Lehigh's first loss following 1977 National Championship. Weird stuff happened at the game, lights went out, flare thrown on the field. Wow, didn't realize I was that old!

RichH2
September 15th, 2015, 11:53 AM
I also remember losing to them in 1978 in Philly. IIRC, it was Lehigh's first loss following 1977 National Championship. Weird stuff happened at the game, lights went out, flare thrown on the field. Wow, didn't realize I was that old!
:) Also there. Odd night for sure. My hatred of Penn goes back some 15 years earlier. Dont sweat it Southsider,old age not real til they throw dirt on your face :). Everything else is increasingly achy middle age.

Southsider
September 15th, 2015, 12:55 PM
:) Also there. Odd night for sure. My hatred of Penn goes back some 15 years earlier. Dont sweat it Southsider,old age not real til they throw dirt on your face :). Everything else is increasingly achy middle age.

I can vouch for that, get my 6th epidural in a few weeks. Have another 5 to 8 years until retirement, at which time I'll consider the knife. BTW, can't believe nobody used this one to describe last Saturday's woopin............xasswhipx

LC1142
September 15th, 2015, 01:31 PM

who ever said it was 4 games? You will not find that anywhere because it was not the case.

some of you boys need to get some facts and stop running with rumor.

RichH2
September 15th, 2015, 02:23 PM

I can vouch for that, get my 6th epidural in a few weeks. Have another 5 to 8 years until retirement, at which time I'll consider the knife. BTW, can't believe nobody used this one to describe last Saturday's woopin............xasswhipx
LOL would have been perfect. Know what you mean. I have become an expert on arthoscopy. An upside ,I can tell you a day in advance if it will rain.:)

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 15th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Some real intriguing games. I'm not even a "real" PL guy but I love the PL-IL games....

Dartmouth 38 Georgetown 20 - Dartmouth is a legit Top 40 team. I think the Hoya's put up a fight at home but DC pulls away in the 4th....

Fordham 45 Columbia 13 - Bags gets tough assignment in his Columbia debut. The Rams could use a cupcake after a tough two games to open.

Yale 28 Colgate 24 - This basically a toss-up. If Yale had a game under their belt I'm feel more comfortable with this pick.

Bucknell 31 Cornell 13 - The Bison need to bounce back with a convincing win over a program that's really struggling....

Towson 34 Holy Cross 21 - I think the Tigers one of the most underrated teams in the country. HC puts up a good fight on the road but Towson is too beastly....

Princeton 27 Lafayette 17 - These two teams are both tough to figure. There's talent, there's facilities but a lot of head scratching seasons. Despite the ups and downs, Princeton always seems to find a way to be the 'Pards...

Lehigh 31 Penn 20 - I really have no idea. Lehigh is without Cavenas so the DL is once again small. The offense will rack up yards but will they result in points? If Penn's QB has some weapons and time this could be scary. A loss here and things get even more messy on South Mountain....

Pard4Life
September 15th, 2015, 07:45 PM
Over/under 50 for Fordham this weekend. I'd go over.

Dartmouth, Harvard, Yale are all top 25 teams. I voted them as such on my AGS ballot.

ngineer
September 15th, 2015, 10:42 PM
Gilmore and Tavani should be on short leashes. I get the sense that pressure will be mounting on Coen if things don't turn around. The natives are definitely growing increasingly wrestles.

Bottom line, before the season started it was obvious that Lehigh, Colgate, Holy Cross and Lafayette needed to get things headed in the right direction for their own sake and the sake of the league. As the leaves begin to change, things are still pretty dicey....

HC is not going to have fun against Towson. They are big and talented. The Tigers will finish the plays that Monmouth couldn't. HC will have to play their best game in 3-4 years to win. If they keep it within 2 TD's I'll be pleasantly surprised.

The Frankasaurus has a museum for life. LC is happy as long as he runs a clean program and the kids 'compete'. I don't sense any real pressure on Tavani to win...other than against Lehigh and the last two years has brought more security. Coen's great four year run from 2010-14 has given him some capital. Last year viewed as aberration right now. If matters don't improve, there will be some disgruntled alumni--about 50--and that won't mean diddly to the administration. Those of us on this Board are the aberration. We do not reflect our alumni base when it comes to the importance of athletics. Most alums follow the programs 'casually' and are not fanatical about their success. While your last word in my highlighted sentence is a typo, it can also be seen as Freudian slip--wrestling season begins in six weeks with the flagship sport of the University. That is where the pressure to win resides

Go...gate
September 16th, 2015, 01:04 AM
Nary a peep out of Princeton camp as to this season. None of the woofing which took place last Spring and Summer.

Classes start tomorrow in Tigertown (very late this year owing to late Labor Day and High Holy Days) and I think Bob Surace has embargoed nearly all interviews, excepting those which can be sanitized by the Princeton Sports Information Director. In looking at some drills, it is pretty much business as usual, but there seems to be a sense of resolve in the air.

Lafayette may very well win the game - they are at home and have game action under their belt - but they should not take Princeton lightly.

Go...gate
September 16th, 2015, 01:12 AM
Georgetown 23, Dartmouth 21

Lehigh 20, Pennsylvania 16

Fordham 40, Columbia 6

Colgate 16, Yale 14

Bucknell 13, Cornell 10

Towson 35, Holy Cross 24

Lafayette 24, Princeton 22

bulldog10jw
September 16th, 2015, 05:49 AM
Over/under 50 for Fordham this weekend. I'd go over.

Dartmouth, Harvard, Yale are all top 25 teams. I voted them as such on my AGS ballot.

Dartmouth and Harvard, yes. Yale has much to prove. They lost their best player from last year on offense and the defense has to prove they can actually make a stop when it counts.

aceinthehole
September 16th, 2015, 06:31 AM

Huh? They haven't played a game yet.

bulldog10jw
September 16th, 2015, 07:44 AM
Huh? They haven't played a game yet.

Anticipation

Franks Tanks
September 16th, 2015, 08:07 AM
The Frankasaurus has a museum for life. LC is happy as long as he runs a clean program and the kids 'compete'. I don't sense any real pressure on Tavani to win...other than against Lehigh and the last two years has brought more security. Coen's great four year run from 2010-14 has given him some capital. Last year viewed as aberration right now. If matters don't improve, there will be some disgruntled alumni--about 50--and that won't mean diddly to the administration. Those of us on this Board are the aberration. We do not reflect our alumni base when it comes to the importance of athletics. Most alums follow the programs 'casually' and are not fanatical about their success. While your last word in my highlighted sentence is a typo, it can also be seen as Freudian slip--wrestling season begins in six weeks with the flagship sport of the University. That is where the pressure to win resides

Frank has this year and next on his contract. I can't imagine him staying on after that. The championship in 2013, and the win at 150, pretty much ensured that Frank will be allowed to run out his contract with out worry. However his teams have underperformed since 2009 ( I count that year as well as he pissed away the best offense he ever had, and no AD is his right mind would extend Frank past 2016.

carney2
September 16th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Frank has this year and next on his contract. I can't imagine him staying on after that. The championship in 2013, and the win at 150, pretty much ensured that Frank will be allowed to run out his contract with out worry. However his teams have underperformed since 2009 ( I count that year as well as he pissed away the best offense he ever had, and no AD is his right mind would extend Frank past 2016.

From your keyboard to God's ears. Unfortunately, Frank will only be 63 when the current contract expires. I see him getting "4 more years," and Bruce McCutcheon has never demonstrated that he is in his right mind. This will continue if Frank wants it to.

carney2
September 16th, 2015, 09:30 AM
QB controversy at Lafayette. Tavani alternated Searfoss and Reed on Saturday at Delaware. He says that will end tomorrow (Thursday) when he gives the ball to one or the other. Debate on the Lafayette board as to which it should be.

Franks Tanks
September 16th, 2015, 09:40 AM
From your keyboard to God's ears. Unfortunately, Frank will only be 63 when the current contract expires. I see him getting "4 more years," and Bruce McCutcheon has never demonstrated that he is in his right mind. This will continue if Frank wants it to.

I am hopeful that if Frank wanted and was receiving an extension, it would've been announced already.

Frank was signed up until 2015, and I believe he was extended to 2016 before the 13 season. Maybe Frank wanted 2016 as it would be a full 4 scholarship class team, and he would be playing Army and have his last game at home against Lehigh. That is my hope anyway, and we can then give Frank a deal like Bagnoli if he wants to work a few more years.

carney2
September 16th, 2015, 09:45 AM
I am hopeful that if Frank wanted and was receiving an extension, it would've been announced already.

Frank was signed up until 2015, and I believe he was extended to 2016 before the 13 season. Maybe Frank wanted 2016 as it would be a full 4 scholarship class team, and he would be playing Army and have his last game at home against Lehigh. That is my hope anyway, and we can then give Frank a deal like Bagnoli if he wants to work a few more years.

"A deal like Bagnoli" means that he would leave and coach somewhere else. I'd be all for that if I had even one little bit of confidence in McCutcheon's ability to hire "the right guy."

Franks Tanks
September 16th, 2015, 10:53 AM
"A deal like Bagnoli" means that he would leave and coach somewhere else. I'd be all for that if I had even one little bit of confidence in McCutcheon's ability to hire "the right guy."

Penn gave Al an assistant AD role, which would be good for Frank. Since Bruce is Bruce he would probably just promote someone in house, but we could do better. I agree however that Bruce would be tragic in the hiring process, and any success would be incidental.

LeopardBall10
September 16th, 2015, 12:37 PM
" I'd be all for that if I had even one little bit of confidence in McCutcheon's ability to hire "the right guy."

You're right Bruce has never shown that he is in his right mind, neither has the administration that fired him, completed a national search, and the rehired him. But, I think if Frank were to be done after '16 they just might luck into a good one. Sure, there would be a ton of speculation about Hefner, Faragali, Troxell, maybe even Loose but between the current staff (I think there are at least 3 coaches already at Lafayette who would make excellent HCs) and the Lafayette Coaching Tree (including the likes of Marvin Clecedor, who has quickly moved up the coaching ranks after graduating from LC in '08 I think) they would have a good shot at getting it right.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 16th, 2015, 12:50 PM
I hear Charlie Weis is available.

Southsider
September 16th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Penn gave Al an assistant AD role, which would be good for Frank. Since Bruce is Bruce he would probably just promote someone in house, but we could do better. I agree however that Bruce would be tragic in the hiring process, and any success would be incidental.

Well, Andy Coen s/b available, and I 'm sure they know one another. So, that should make the process rather smoothxlolx

blackbeard
September 16th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Dartmouth
LEHIGH
FORDHAM
COLGATE
BUCKNELL
HOLY CROSS
LAFAYETTE

Fordhamanhattan
September 16th, 2015, 04:27 PM
The Hoyas make a statement for the Patriot League with a 28-17 upset over the erstwnile Indians
The erstwhile Engineers drub the Quakers 35-10
The Eli over the Colgaters 23-10
Bison over the cliff dwellers 20-7
Towson too much for the Cross 35-25
Leopards over Tigers 21-20
The Rams over the Lions in their last fray 54-10

3 and 3 last week, 8 and 5 overall

Leopard Loyalist
September 17th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Dartmouth @ GEORGETOWN
Penn @ LEHIGH
Columbia @ FORDHAM
Yale @ COLGATE
BUCKNELL @ Cornell
HOLY CROSS @ Towson
Princeton @ LAFAYETTE

ColgateTD
September 17th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Dartmouth - G'town winning streak comes to an end.
Lehigh - Engineers time to show what they've got.
Fordham - why do the Lions keep fielding a team in this sport?
Colgate - alma mater has not given me much hope; two studs out for season, doesn't look good. Basically a toss-up, but I'll take the home field advantage.
Bucknell - Bison should win this battle of the 'Nells
Towson - Just don't think Puhols can hit a home run against this team.
Princeton - the hex continues.

PAllen
September 17th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Dartmouth - G'town winning streak comes to an end.
Lehigh - Engineers time to show what they've got.
Fordham - why do the Lions keep fielding a team in this sport?
Colgate - alma mater has not given me much hope; two studs out for season, doesn't look good. Basically a toss-up, but I'll take the home field advantage.
Bucknell - Bison should win this battle of the 'Nells
Towson - Just don't think Puhols can hit a home run against this team.
Princeton - the hex continues.

+1

Ken_Z
September 17th, 2015, 01:01 PM
you week 3 Patriot League picks are brought to you by the Ivy League worshipping presidents of the Patriot League schools:

Dartmouth > Georgetown : Hoyas continue to curry favor with the IL in hopes of a football admit or at least continuing to add future games to their schedule.

Lehigh > Penn : battle of teams not playing up to their customary standards. Lehigh attempts to be a gracious host, but Penn futility thwarts their best efforts.

Fordham >>>>>> Columbia : the Rams who started the PL scholarship arms race, say eff the Ivies and unceremoniously kick Columbia to the curb in a big way. if only the rest of the PL would emulate the Rams (in football only that is).

Yale > Colgate : Gaters are the properly obsequious PL hosts Lehigh and Fordham were not.

Bucknell > Cornell : as penance for the modest improvement in the Bison program, they have agreed to a slight upgrade in their Ivy opponent to Penn in 2018 so that the appropriate beatings may resume.

Towson > Holy Cross : Crossports all abuzz about how they take on the the mighty CAA while the rest of the league only plays the Ivies, until Sader87 takes them to task stating "we should play BC all eleven games with the winner of the series declared national champion, anything less is a letdown."

Princeton > Lafayette : number one criterion in the Lafayette Presidential search is Ivy Envy. Tavani knows his job security is inversely related to his record agains the Ivies, and the related good or ill will he creates for his president at those all important Presidential mixers.

BucBisonAtLarge
September 17th, 2015, 01:54 PM
My selection mojo has vanished and I am looking for a muse. No one's picked this combo.
Dartmouth
Lehigh
Fordham
Colgate
Bucknell
Holy Cross
Lafayette

Next week I will pick based on complementing my fall wardrobe colors.

Sandlapper Spike
September 17th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Dartmouth @ GEORGETOWN
Penn @ LEHIGH
Columbia @ FORDHAM
Yale @ COLGATE
BUCKNELL @ Cornell
HOLY CROSS @ Towson
Princeton @ LAFAYETTE

carney2
September 17th, 2015, 03:10 PM
LOTS of folks picking Lafayette over Princeton.

"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
Churchill, Santayana, and many others

"The Curse lives."
carney2

KillaBee
September 17th, 2015, 03:37 PM

"The Curse lives."
carney2

Lafayette Leopards by 21. I've done my research, statistical driven research!!!!! Don't worry about where I get my stats!!! lol You can have the curse, and I'll take the money!!! GO LEOPARDS!!!!!!

Leopard Loyalist
September 17th, 2015, 05:46 PM

"The Curse lives."
carney2

It's time for our infamous inconsistency to rear its head. Won't be surprising at all if we turn in a stellar performance after last week's dog. Then of course we can look for a relapse into normalcy.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 17th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Some folks forget that this is what happens to Princeton when they play the Leopards:

http://www.clipartsupply.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/6da9ce8dbc7c5c2d8d17692c03fd4140/T/I/TIGER-FULL0502.png

http://www.clipartsupply.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/6da9ce8dbc7c5c2d8d17692c03fd4140/T/I/TIGER-FULL0519.png

It's times like these where I miss Bogie the most.

RichH2
September 17th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Nice LFN. :) Agree Bogie would have photoshopped the hell out of this thread with his acerbic wit.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 17th, 2015, 06:59 PM
I almost forgot, Lafayette transforms into this when playing Princeton:

http://cute-n-tiny.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/cute-baby-leopard-400x309.jpg

http://blogs.sandiegozoo.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/CloudedLeopardDebut_Riki_12.06.12_Web.jpg

Note to self: Meme generator.

Pards Rule
September 17th, 2015, 07:35 PM

http://blogs.sandiegozoo.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/CloudedLeopardDebut_Riki_12.06.12_Web.jpg

How could you vote against these leopards???

RichH2
September 17th, 2015, 07:46 PM

Dagnabit,they are adorable. So unPardlike :)

carney2
September 17th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Word on the Lafayette board is that Reed won the week's "competition" and will get the start on Saturday. He also overwhelmingly won Bogie's straw poll of Lafayette posters as to who should start.

ngineer
September 18th, 2015, 12:07 AM
That Board must be a 'good Reed'...(;-)

Sader87
September 18th, 2015, 10:28 AM
The HAL-9000 chimes in:

Indians 27 Hoyas 13 Big Green a little too much for GTown, though they sputter out of the gate in their openah.

Lehigh 24 Penn 16 Engineers get a W in their home debut.

Fordham 105 Columbia 2 No words.

Colgate 32 Yale 29 Even tilt on papah...HAL goes with the home-team.

Bucknell 20 Cornell 13 HAL was tempted to go with Ed Marinaro's alma mater here, but the two week jump the Bison have on their Ivy Nell counterpart is the difference.

Princeton 30 Lafayette 27 HAL believes in the Curse.

Towson 34 HC 24 HAL feels the Saders will battle but Towson looking much more like their 2013 edition than the lost TU squad of last year.

Andy
September 18th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Princeton starts a 4 star QB. The stuff a curse is made of.

FordhamFan
September 18th, 2015, 07:34 PM
Dartmouth @ GEORGETOWN - Said last week I wouldn't pick GTown until they proved something, they did. So I'm going with them here
Penn @ LEHIGH - Lehigh gets an easy win me thinks
Columbia @ FORDHAM - Homecoming weekend, excited to be up there tomorrow..expecting an easy and dominant from da Rams
Yale @ COLGATE -Colgate has been disappointing thus far...tough schedule they've played but I had decent hopes...Yale wins a game that's close thru one half but the Dogs pull away
BUCKNELL @ Cornell - Bucknell responds from their loss in a big way with a dominant win up in Ithaca.
HOLY CROSS @ Towson - Towson wins a close one
Princeton @ LAFAYETTE - Princeton goes in and grinds out a tough win

FordhamFan
September 18th, 2015, 07:38 PM
Also don't know if you all saw, Fordham will be rocking these Liberty Cup uniforms honoring the first responders on 9/11

http://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/644869985853145088/photo/1
https://40.media.tumblr.com/2e3287bca3e90f54030d4f8d664f7391/tumblr_nuvqofq1cI1uso5gio1_1280.png
https://40.media.tumblr.com/cb57f378fc17881eac8226b19e37d14a/tumblr_nuvtbiJC6H1uso5gio1_1280.png

Pard4Life
September 18th, 2015, 08:30 PM

Perhaps... I think our best offense ever was 2003... Glavic, Weyrauch, McCourt, Burkes, good OL...

We did put up 56 on Colgate in 2009... but he got way to conservative in that loss to Liberty and it nearly cost us Penn (and even Columbia! when they looked good)

Pard4Life
September 18th, 2015, 08:33 PM
You're right Bruce has never shown that he is in his right mind, neither has the administration that fired him, completed a national search, and the rehired him. But, I think if Frank were to be done after '16 they just might luck into a good one. Sure, there would be a ton of speculation about Hefner, Faragali, Troxell, maybe even Loose but between the current staff (I think there are at least 3 coaches already at Lafayette who would make excellent HCs) and the Lafayette Coaching Tree (including the likes of Marvin Clecedor, who has quickly moved up the coaching ranks after graduating from LC in '08 I think) they would have a good shot at getting it right.

He wasn't fired. Bruce resigned to take a development and some sort of overseer position. One month into the search he reneged and the search for a new AD ended. Don't worry... it wasn't a Dick Cheney a-la the 2000 RNC move.

Pard4Life
September 18th, 2015, 08:38 PM

No, Lafayette transforms into this:

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/01483/Dumb-_-Dumber-532_1483250a.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ae/Healthywealthy.jpg

(From left to right: OC Mickey Fein, HC Frank Tavani, former DC John Loose)

Pard4Life
September 18th, 2015, 08:39 PM
That Board must be a 'good Reed'...(;-)

Your humor is as bad as LFN's... I sense a theme...

Pard4Life
September 18th, 2015, 08:42 PM
Little Leopards are SOOOOOOOOO adorable.

Nobody ever finds this adorable:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/221/490672284_dc75d1d9d0.jpg

Pard4Life
September 18th, 2015, 08:48 PM
You people picking Georgetown over Dartmouth must be getting a whiff of that Purple Haze emanating from the Sader camp. Lay off the stuff. That Dartmouth team is going to be good. Meanwhile:

Dartmouth 35, Georgetown 14

Lehigh 21, Penn 14

Fordham 56, Columbia 14

Yale 35, Colgate 30 - these games usually have bizarre twists and are high scoring, it seems

Bucknell 24, SUNY-Ithaca 7

Towson 21, Holy Cross 20 - Saders close to a breakthrough

Princeton 28, Lafayette 17... not sure how I feel about nearly nailing the past two Lafayette scores... play the odds at Vegas, or cry in my maroon hoodie... Princeton has enough returning on defense to make Lafayette's 'three stooges' offense bumble their way to 17 points.

Pard4Life
September 18th, 2015, 09:03 PM
Princeton starts a 4 star QB. The stuff a curse is made of.

Wish we had a scholarship to land that guy... no, wait a minute... xconfusedx

Southsider
September 19th, 2015, 07:26 AM
Man P4L, you are on a roll................

bison137
September 19th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Dartmouth @ Georgetown - Dartmouth by 9
Penn @ Lehigh - Lehigh by 3
Yale @ Colgate - Yale by 3
Bucknell @ Cornell - Bucknell by 6
Holy Cross @ Towson - Towson by 10
Princeton @ Lafayette - Princeton by 3 in OT

DFW HOYA
September 19th, 2015, 11:55 AM
Wish we had a scholarship to land that guy... no, wait a minute... xconfusedx

At least you can offer a scholarship. Good seats for parents at Multi-Sport Field doesn't go very far.

carney2
September 19th, 2015, 01:48 PM
At least you can offer a scholarship. Good seats for parents at Multi-Sport Field doesn't go very far.

All Patriot League coaches, save one, need to learn how to recruit with scholarships.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2015, 01:55 PM
Lehigh doing their best to make the league look good. Penn is struggling but Lehigh is completely dominating. Shaf 5 total TD's, 3 passing, 2 rushing.....

DFW HOYA
September 19th, 2015, 02:16 PM
If Al Bagoli hasn't circled Sep. 26 to end the streak, he has now-- two Georgetown INT's converted into easy touchdowns, and the Georgetown QB fumbles on the Dartmouth goal line.

Final: Indians 31, Hoyas 10.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 19th, 2015, 02:33 PM
Dumbass me forgot to get my picks in. FWIW I would have had Dartmouth, Yale, Lehigh, Bucknell, Fordham, Princeton, Towson.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2015, 03:03 PM
Dartmouth 31 Georgetown 10 F
Lehigh 42 Penn 21 F
Yale 29 Colgate 28 F

CFBfan
September 19th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Dartmouth 31 Georgetown 10 F
Lehigh 42 Penn 21 F
Yale 29 Colgate 28 F

Gate is one of the WORST coached teams I've seen in MANY years.
D is poorly coached as is the O, Hunt is 5 - 10 to date and lost today to a not very good Yale team.
trouble is a brewing in Hamilton

Gtown, what everyone thought

LU: thank God!!!

bulldog10jw
September 19th, 2015, 03:13 PM
lost today to a not very good Yale team.

That's why we bribe the refs. xpeacex

carney2
September 19th, 2015, 03:21 PM
Dumbass me forgot to get my picks in. FWIW I would have had Dartmouth, Yale, Lehigh, Bucknell, Fordham, Princeton, Towson.

Me too. I would have picked Fordham by 20, Dartmouth and Lehigh by 21, and Yale by 1 as the gaters snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I'll get back to you on the others.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Bucknell with a meh performance against Cornell so far, 10-7 in the 3Q....

CFBfan
September 19th, 2015, 03:56 PM
That's why we bribe the refs. xpeacex

ha!! bulldog how are you?!! you did not need to bribe them today. 1st game looked a little out of sync 1st 1/2 obviously 2nd 1/2 looked much better....please not I said TODAY! game 1 against a team with 2 games under their belts, you will take positive strides going forward....best of luck; beat H !!!

Southsider
September 19th, 2015, 04:03 PM
D is poorly coached as is the O, Hunt is 5 - 10 to date and lost today to a not very good Yale team.

LU "D" just not very good. A good passing team will rip them apart. "O" still pisses me off. Their numbers look great, but not sure they will get it done against some better teams. I know, should just be happy to get the win.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2015, 04:11 PM

LU "D" just not very good. A good passing team will rip them apart. "O" still pisses me off. Their numbers look great, but not sure they will get it done against some better teams. I know, should just be happy to get the win.....

They really don't face any daunting opponents the rest of the year. Outside of Anderson and perhaps Pujals there isn't a QB that can truly torch them. The next two weeks are very winnable with Lehigh's offense. There is a lot of talent even if it is a bit disjointed at times. 42 points is darn good....

JMU is has gone up and down the field on Albany but has 5, yes FIVE turnovers. Tied at 14 at half....

Bucknell is now losing to Cornell. Is ol Bucky back?

Gater
September 19th, 2015, 04:23 PM
Assuming Yale bribed the refs with booze. Pretty clueless on calls--getting downs confused and wandering around by the Yale bench for awhile and calling two fouls against Colgate on one play and not realizing the Yale player had caught the ball for more yardage than either of the fouls (and awarding a penalty and costing Yale the yards gained by the catch). Colgate needs to lean how to win. Too many double digit leads lost in second half.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2015, 04:34 PM
Bucknell survives Cornell 19-14 in Ithaca....

crusader11
September 19th, 2015, 04:36 PM
Bucknell survives Cornell 19-14 in Ithaca....

A pretty unimpressive 2-1 team.

CFBfan
September 19th, 2015, 04:45 PM
A pretty unimpressive 2-1 team.

a rather unimpressive PL

Lehigh Football Nation
September 19th, 2015, 05:06 PM
In my defense Colgate was up 21-7 when I "picked" Yale, so.... hoping I get some slack.

I had Lehigh by 14 so that was legit.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 19th, 2015, 05:45 PM
Lafayette 0, Princeton 7, early 2Q

http://www.clipartsupply.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/6da9ce8dbc7c5c2d8d17692c03fd4140/T/I/TIGER-FULL0502.png

van
September 19th, 2015, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=Southsider;2253079]

They really don't face any daunting opponents the rest of the year. Outside of Anderson and perhaps Pujals there isn't a QB that can truly torch them. The next two weeks are very winnable with Lehigh's offense. There is a lot of talent even if it is a bit disjointed at times. 42 points is darn good....

JMU is has gone up and down the field on Albany but has 5, yes FIVE turnovers. Tied at 14 at half....

Bucknell is now losing to Cornell. Is ol Bucky back?

watching the Princeton QB dissect pards, so you may be a bit too secure

Southsider
September 19th, 2015, 06:35 PM
[QUOTE=Go Lehigh TU owl;2253092]

watching the Princeton QB dissect pards, so you may be a bit too secure

Yes. LU could be in big trouble next week. Princeton looks VERY GOOD!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2015, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=van;2253209]

Yes. LU could be in big trouble next week. Princeton looks VERY GOOD!

I did say that before Princeton played a game. He was the only qb i did not see. I watched part of the yale gate game...

Lehigh Football Nation
September 19th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Princeton 23, Lafayette 0, halftime

World
September 19th, 2015, 08:09 PM
final
Princeton - 40
Lafayette - 7

Princeton's first game of its 2015 undefeated season

crusader11
September 19th, 2015, 08:44 PM
So, I guess that Fordham is the clear favorite after week three. But, who comes next?

Bucknell hasn't been impressive at all, despite being 2-1. Lehigh looks okay, but their wins have come against two bad teams. Colgate hasn't been good under Dan Hunt, and they gave away their game today against Yale. Lafayette sucks. Georgetown sucks.

I like Holy Cross!

carney2
September 19th, 2015, 08:45 PM
Just in:

Lafayette starting offense went to an Easton brothel after the game. They didn't score there either.

RichH2
September 19th, 2015, 08:48 PM
Interesting day
Gate gave Yale a game but lost
Cross gave Towson a game but lost
Pards got destroyed in a non contest.
Fordham walloped a game Columbia
Lehigh doubled up a bad Penn team.
A game Hoya squad outmanned by Dartmouth.

Schollies are nice but think we have a ways to go yet.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2015, 08:56 PM
I'd rank the league as follows as of now
1. Fordham
2. Holy Cross
3. Lehigh
4. Bucknell
5. Colgate
6. Lafayette
7. Georgetown

After watching JMU today there's no shame in Lehigh's performance last week. The Dukes had 625 yards and 40 first downs against Albany with 6 yes SIX turnovers. Think about that for a second....

Lehigh at Princeton next week will be interesting. It won't be 40-7. LU-PU games are always battles. I really look forward to these games. I might drive down next Saturday night. I haven't been there since 2003....

There's something going on at Lafayette with tonight's performance and the suspensions.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 19th, 2015, 08:56 PM
Lafayette plays Wagner next weekend. A loss there would be devastating.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 19th, 2015, 09:04 PM

NM

bulldog10jw
September 19th, 2015, 09:06 PM

Hey, if you're going to fantasize, you may as well shoot for the stars. No matter how unrealistic.xthumbsupx

carney2
September 19th, 2015, 09:55 PM
Lafayette plays Wagner next weekend. A loss there would be devastating.

A loss there looks like a given. 0-5 going to Georgetown which is never a given for the Pards.

DFW HOYA
September 19th, 2015, 10:07 PM
The bottom three of the PL are a combined 1-9, and each is no better than a toss-up pick next weekend:

Colgate at Holy Cross
Georgetown at Columbia
Lafayette at Wagner

ngineer
September 19th, 2015, 10:10 PM
How did Colgate lose that lead? Could't believe the final score after hearing Raiders were up several scores.

Go...gate
September 19th, 2015, 10:14 PM
Colgate clearly has a lot of work to do.

Listened to Princeton - Lafayette and it was an unexpected mismatch.

As tough a situation as is going on in Hamilton, what is the story in Easton?

Go...gate
September 19th, 2015, 10:15 PM
final
Princeton - 40
Lafayette - 7

You mean like the undefeated season they guaranteed in 2014?

ngineer
September 19th, 2015, 10:18 PM
This makes next week's game in Princeton very interesting. Tigers were supposed to be improved this year with 10 starters on D returning, but their QB looked very good, as well. 5 p.m kickoff in Old Nassau next week--very odd time.

Gater
September 19th, 2015, 10:44 PM
Colgate had a 34 and 36 yard field goal blocked. Controlled the line of scrimmage for the middle part of the game and then let the Yale QB go 8 for 8 in the 4th--had almost no pass rush. Had a ton of penalties in the second half (11 total) and just got beat. When the second kick was blocked--that would have made it 24-7--you felt the momentum shift. They gave up an easy two point conversion that allowed Yale to close the gap to 6 and couldn't stop anything in the 4th. If they could have made a single play at the end of the game they would have been fine. Colgate's been inside the other team's 22 yard line eleven times in the past two games and scored four times.

Frustrating times in Hamilton.

Pard4Life
September 19th, 2015, 11:01 PM
You Colgate people are complaining about being poorly coached? Take a number!

I called the bizarreness of today's Yale Gate game in my picks. That game always has something happen.

CHIP72
September 19th, 2015, 11:04 PM
I attended Princeton/Lafayette (and also Penn/Lehigh earlier in the day), and as bad as the Leopards' offense was for most of the game (and most of the season; Lafayette has scored a total of 23 points in 3 games), to me the defense was even more disappointing. There were MANY plays, probably as many as 10-12 plays, where Princeton completed a short pass, a Lafayette defender had the receiver in his grasp, and the Tigers' player was able to break the tackle to set up a 2nd and short/manageable, a 3rd and short/manageable, or get a 1st down outright. Not coincidentally, Princeton had a great 3rd down conversion rate.

If anything, Princeton/Lafayette was even more lopsided than the final score; about midway through the 3rd quarter the Tigers had outgained the Leopards yardage-wise 442 to 130 and led 33-0. Princeton also had a 98 yard TD drive after stopping Lafayette on downs when the Tigers were just trying to run out the clock in the 4th quarter. It was UGLY with all capital letters for the home team (and obviously the opposite for the team from central Jersey).

With Penn/Lehigh both teams moved the both well for most of the game, but the Mountain Hawks were better, especially in the 1st half. Lehigh's defense also came up with a couple 4th down stops in the 4th quarter after the Quakers had moved the ball into Lehigh territory. Mountain Hawks QB Nick Shafnisky was REALLY good on his options and fakes and often confused Penn defenders about who had the ball.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 19th, 2015, 11:18 PM
Colgate had a 34 and 36 yard field goal blocked. Controlled the line of scrimmage for the middle part of the game and then let the Yale QB go 8 for 8 in the 4th--had almost no pass rush. Had a ton of penalties in the second half (11 total) and just got beat. When the second kick was blocked--that would have made it 24-7--you felt the momentum shift. They gave up an easy two point conversion that allowed Yale to close the gap to 6 and couldn't stop anything in the 4th. If they could have made a single play at the end of the game they would have been fine. Colgate's been inside the other team's 22 yard line eleven times in the past two games and scored four times.

Frustrating times in Hamilton.

It sounds similar to last season when Yale played Lehigh in the respect that Yale outlasted them and came back from a big deficit. They have endurance and a lot of belief that they can come back. Unfortunately for you guys it happened to you, too, it sounds like.

Go...gate
September 20th, 2015, 12:27 AM
Colgate has always had trouble with Yale.

Eleven wins and three ties in forty-one games since 1909.

Lehigh'98
September 20th, 2015, 05:45 AM
I'd rank the league as follows as of now
1. Fordham
2. Holy Cross
3. Lehigh
4. Bucknell
5. Colgate
6. Lafayette
7. Georgetown

After watching JMU today there's no shame in Lehigh's performance last week. The Dukes had 625 yards and 40 first downs against Albany with 6 yes SIX turnovers. Think about that for a second....

Lehigh at Princeton next week will be interesting. It won't be 40-7. LU-PU games are always battles. I really look forward to these games. I might drive down next Saturday night. I haven't been there since 2003....

There's something going on at Lafayette with tonight's performance and the suspensions.

Lets not try an sugarcoat a 55-14 loss. That should never happen. Lehigh looked better today, but they played a team who got beat by a Pioneer squad last year. No way they deserve to be ahead of Bucknell at this point. Princeton is a much better measuring stick than Penn.

CFBfan
September 20th, 2015, 06:41 AM

KillaBee you look more like a moth today
so now that you lost your MUST WIN....IT DID NOT HPPPEN, what's next?

van
September 20th, 2015, 07:04 AM
Lets not try an sugarcoat a 55-14 loss. That should never happen. Lehigh looked better today, but they played a team who got beat by a Pioneer squad last year. No way they deserve to be ahead of Bucknell at this point. Princeton is a much better measuring stick than Penn.

not so sure about the Buffs, they have looked very pedestrian on O, not sure what's going on there but starting to look like the old buffalo chips

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 20th, 2015, 07:08 AM
I agree. The league has been meh at best so far. Lehigh at 3 is a reflection of that. LU has looked better than Bucknell to this point.

Princeton is the perfect team to close out the month. Hopefully Cavenas and Dom are ready to go....

CHIP72
September 20th, 2015, 07:11 AM
RE: Lehigh's season so far, it should be noted Central Connecticut State barely beat Bowie State, a so-so Division II team in the CIAA, yesterday.

ngineer
September 20th, 2015, 10:12 AM
I attended Princeton/Lafayette (and also Penn/Lehigh earlier in the day), and as bad as the Leopards' offense was for most of the game (and most of the season; Lafayette has scored a total of 23 points in 3 games), to me the defense was even more disappointing. There were MANY plays, probably as many as 10-12 plays, where Princeton completed a short pass, a Lafayette defender had the receiver in his grasp, and the Tigers' player was able to break the tackle to set up a 2nd and short/manageable, a 3rd and short/manageable, or get a 1st down outright. Not coincidentally, Princeton had a great 3rd down conversion rate.

If anything, Princeton/Lafayette was even more lopsided than the final score; about midway through the 3rd quarter the Tigers had outgained the Leopards yardage-wise 442 to 130 and led 33-0. Princeton also had a 98 yard TD drive after stopping Lafayette on downs when the Tigers were just trying to run out the clock in the 4th quarter. It was UGLY with all capital letters for the home team (and obviously the opposite for the team from central Jersey).

With Penn/Lehigh both teams moved the both well for most of the game, but the Mountain Hawks were better, especially in the 1st half. Lehigh's defense also came up with a couple 4th down stops in the 4th quarter after the Quakers had moved the ball into Lehigh territory. Mountain Hawks QB Nick Shafnisky was REALLY good on his options and fakes and often confused Penn defenders about who had the ball.

Though worse at JMU, this had been a large part of Lehigh's problem. Bad tackling. No wrapping up with initial contact in the backfield or at the LOS.

CHIP72
September 20th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Though worse at JMU, this had been a large part of Lehigh's problem. Bad tackling. No wrapping up with initial contact in the backfield or at the LOS.

Lehigh has had those problems for about the last 3 years to be honest.

Lafayette took poor tackling to a hard-to-attain level last night. It was the worst I've seen in any football game, in-person or on TV.

World
September 20th, 2015, 01:41 PM
This makes next week's game in Princeton very interesting. Tigers were supposed to be improved this year with 10 starters on D returning, but their QB looked very good, as well. 5 p.m kickoff in Old Nassau next week--very odd time.

and the Princeton running game was unstoppable

Andy
September 20th, 2015, 09:15 PM
As tough a situation as is going on in Hamilton, what is the story in Easton?

Well at least part of the problem is injuries:

Brockman - starting "strike" best defender has not played, foot injury
Wright - starting DE has not played foot surgery
Parham - starting CB out with hamstring
Draeland James - starting S out with broken bone in leg
Vickers, Labudev - 2-deep DL out with foot, leg injuries
Keller - starting TE, captain lost in tragic car accident in June
Vangelas - starting WR has not played , hamstring (?)
Zateveski - starting RT out shoulder and broken hand
Hoffman starting RG out with concussions
Brown - starting TB and a good one, out with foot suffered in Friday's walk through
Butler - freshman started at SS vs P, out early in game shoulder
Powe - freshman started at FS vs P suffered concussion in first half