PDA

View Full Version : Howard embarrassed by Boston College

penguinpower
September 13th, 2015, 07:20 AM
Howard is giving FCS teams a bad wrap. They were so uncompetitive that they had to shorten the 3rd and 4th quarters. Wow. Never seen anything like it before.

CHIP72
September 13th, 2015, 07:46 AM
In general, the MEAC (and SWAC and Pioneer) teams are a step below much of the rest of Division I-AA/FCS. Additionally, Howard hasn't been good in football even within the MEAC in recent years.

tribe_pride
September 13th, 2015, 08:11 AM
ODU shortened their game against UNC by 5 minutes 2 years ago in an 80-20 loss.

PAllen
September 13th, 2015, 08:24 AM
They got their paycheck to help pay the budget. That's all that they hoped for and they got it. Move on.

PantherRob82
September 13th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Howard is giving FCS teams a bad wrap. They were so uncompetitive that they had to shorten the 3rd and 4th quarters. Wow. Never seen anything like it before.

Wow. Seriously? I didn't know they did that in NCAA games.

CHIP72
September 13th, 2015, 11:49 AM
It should be noted Howard gained 11 yards...for the game.

TennBison
September 13th, 2015, 11:54 AM
41-0 in the first quarter alone, the people from Howard who set up that game should be embarrassed and maybe even fired. Looking for a paycheck or not that is so bad it is not even funny. Talk about needing to put your head in the sand. And the Howard players and football staff, I feel sorry for them as they have to pretty much sit there and look like fools. Outside of a paycheck, what did any of them learn that will help their season or make them better as people. The only lesson learned here was that Howard is having money problems and needs to sell its honor to make a buck.

PAllen
September 13th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Outside of a paycheck, what did any of them learn that will help their season or make them better as people.

That sometimes you have to do things that aren't fun in order to support your family. Although, based on their student population, I'm guessing that most of them already know that. It shouldn't be a football team's job, but at a university where there is literally a weekly meeting to decide which overdue bills (they all are) get paid that week and which get pushed off further, everybody is pitching in.

Sader87
September 13th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Typical BC.....no class.

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Congratulations... at least it wasn't Rutgers for a change.

centennial
September 13th, 2015, 12:34 PM
How do you run out time against a team that would get beaten by a good HS team? Don't tell me a coach should tell their players to run 2 yards and take a knee.

JayJ79
September 13th, 2015, 12:54 PM
In general, the MEAC (and SWAC and Pioneer) teams are a step below much of the rest of Division I-AA/FCS. Additionally, Howard hasn't been good in football even within the MEAC in recent years.

the knowledgable FCS fanbase on here know that, but the general P5/BCS fanbase doesn't make that distinction (hell, most of them don't even know the difference between FCS and D2), even the casual FCS fans (outside of those conferences) probably don't know the difference. So the Jim Delaneys of the world just use this sort of thing as ammunition for their quest to avoid scheduling FCS games (since they are afraid of losing to the good FCS teams)

mmiller_34
September 13th, 2015, 01:16 PM
the knowledgable FCS fanbase on here know that, but the general P5/BCS fanbase doesn't make that distinction (hell, most of them don't even know the difference between FCS and D2), even the casual FCS fans (outside of those conferences) probably don't know the difference. So the Jim Delaneys of the world just use this sort of thing as ammunition for their quest to avoid scheduling FCS games (since they are afraid of losing to the good FCS teams)

This is why there needs to be some adjustments in D-I sports.

D-IA: Big Ten, ACC, SEC, PAC 12, Big 12,
D-IAA: Sun Belt, American, Conference USA, MAC, MWC, MVFC, CAA, Big Sky, SoCon, Southland, Patriot,
D-IAAA: Pioneer, NEC, SWAC, MEAC, Ivy, Big South

dgtw
September 13th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Typical BC.....no class.

What was unclassy? They threw 15 passes the entire game, taking a knee on every play would make the game more of a joke than it really was.

CID1990
September 13th, 2015, 02:35 PM

D-IAA: Sun Belt
D-IAAA: Big South

hee hee!

the troll is STRONG with this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superman7515
September 13th, 2015, 02:36 PM
41-0 in the first quarter alone, the people from Howard who set up that game should be embarrassed and maybe even fired...

Already happened, he's at Delaware State now. Just wait!

mmiller_34
September 13th, 2015, 02:44 PM
hee hee!

the troll is STRONG with this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My post was extremely general. Obviously in the above situation here would be teams moving around. CCU would be in the Sun Belt, Liberty would be somewhere else. Basic point being that there are 3-4 distinct levels of D-I football. Something needs to be sorted out.

JayJ79
September 14th, 2015, 03:17 AM

D-IAA: Sun Belt, American, Conference USA, MAC, MWC, MVFC, CAA, Big Sky, SoCon, Southland, Patriot,

more of a football distinction than something that applies to all D-I sports.
in other sports, the P5 do still have an edge, but it isn't as big of a divide as it is for football.

That being said, I think that would be a great arrangement, except that the Big South has become more competitive in recent years (but then some of those schools won't be in the Big South for much longer)

WileECoyote06
September 14th, 2015, 04:34 AM

Poor OVC. They don't even get to play. xeyebrowx

eaglesdare
September 14th, 2015, 06:17 AM
Howard is trying to replace a pretty good quarterback so this was to be expected. Last years team went up to Rutgers and lost 38-25.

Professor Chaos
September 14th, 2015, 07:32 AM
Howard is trying to replace a pretty good quarterback so this was to be expected. Last years team went up to Rutgers and lost 38-25.
That's a complete and utter BS excuse. Unless you're replacing Peyton Manning with a backup high school QB you shouldn't see that awful of a performance.

eaglesdare
September 14th, 2015, 07:41 AM
Believe me, Greg McGhee was all that team had. Did everything. Now he's with the BC Lions. The MEAC isn't going to bring about the downfall of pay games by themselves.

JayJ79
September 14th, 2015, 08:43 AM
it's just not a fair matchup to begin with.
a whole college against one guy named Howard.

Catsfan90
September 14th, 2015, 09:00 AM
I laughed way harder at this than I should have :p!

Ivytalk
September 14th, 2015, 09:14 AM

Howard Stern?

X-Factor
September 14th, 2015, 10:30 AM
That's a complete and utter BS excuse. Unless you're replacing Peyton Manning with a backup high school QB you shouldn't see that awful of a performance.
Agree. 11 total yards? 41-0 by end of 1st quarter, really? Just embarrassing to maintain associated with FCS.

Sader87
September 14th, 2015, 10:43 AM
BC must be so proud this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzHb3WwxGrY

Panther88
September 14th, 2015, 12:00 PM
There were a # of starters out for the game vs BC. That's all I'm going to say about it.

This is the 2nd time this season I've witnessed this phenomena.