PDA

View Full Version : Portland State beats Idaho State

JALMOND
September 12th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Final from Pocatello, Portland State wins 34-14. Weird game as usual. Both radio broadcasts from both teams went out, PSU was broadcasting the game over a cellphone. First time I used the conference streaming. Portland State goes to 2-0, 1-0 in the conference and should move up in the rankings.

CopperCat
September 12th, 2015, 08:44 PM
PSU has certainly seized some momentum to start the year. I don't think anybody expected the vikes to start 2-0. Looks like the dark horse has already materialized in the Big Sky.

dudeitsaid
September 12th, 2015, 08:47 PM
PSU has certainly seized some momentum to start the year. I don't think anybody expected the vikes to start 2-0. Looks like the dark horse has already materialized in the Big Sky.

Agree, PSU looks legit. Good balance on offense, and a solid defense. They are going to be a very tough out this year for everyone!

MTfan4life
September 12th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Their defense has to be the most impressive for them so far. Wazzu put up 34 points today on the road after getting shut down last weekend.

JALMOND
September 12th, 2015, 08:58 PM

Starting off the year at Pullman and at Pocatello, with an interim coach and a quarterback who hadn't played DI ball? I've been a fan of PSU for 20 years, yet I would have thought it would be a stretch to think we could get one of these. Two, I would have thought would be wishful thinking (almost Disney-esque thinking).

clenz
September 12th, 2015, 09:49 PM
PSU looks good, but we definitely need to pump the breaks on ISU in general.

For the most part I've bitten my tongue on ISU but I feel it needs to be pointed out - ISU's record against FCS schools (so taking out losses to FBS programs and wins over D2 and NAIA) is 8-24 the last 4 years. 6 of those wins did come last year BUT look at who they were against

Sac State 7-5 (4-4) 7th place in the Big Sky
Southern Utah 3-9 (3-5) 9th place in the Big Sky
Northern Colorado 3-8 (2-6) 10th place in th Big Sky
Portland State 3-9 (2-6) 11th place in the Big Sky
Cal Poly 7-5 (5-3) 5th place in the Big Sky
Weber State 2-10 (2-6) 12th place in the Big Sky

So, they beat 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th place in the 13 team conference and then a 5th place team that didn't make the playoffs (whose only wins were also against 7th+ place Big Sky teams).

Kramer has things going the right way at Idaho State, but I think a nice big dose of e-brake is needed

ursus arctos horribilis
September 12th, 2015, 09:55 PM
brakes clenz, for the love of god man.

clenz
September 12th, 2015, 09:58 PM
brakes clenz, for the love of god man.
e-brake...like emergency brake...like not just a slow down brake, rather a we need to stop right now brake

I didn't type break

Also, if I did, I've slept about 4 hours since this second kid was born on Thursday afternoon. I get a tad bit of leeway on this

ursus arctos horribilis
September 12th, 2015, 10:11 PM
PSU looks good, but we definitely need to pump the breaks on ISU in general.

For the most part I've bitten my tongue on ISU but I feel it needs to be pointed out - ISU's record against FCS schools (so taking out losses to FBS programs and wins over D2 and NAIA) is 8-24 the last 4 years. 6 of those wins did come last year BUT look at who they were against

Sac State 7-5 (4-4) 7th place in the Big Sky
Southern Utah 3-9 (3-5) 9th place in the Big Sky
Northern Colorado 3-8 (2-6) 10th place in th Big Sky
Portland State 3-9 (2-6) 11th place in the Big Sky
Cal Poly 7-5 (5-3) 5th place in the Big Sky
Weber State 2-10 (2-6) 12th place in the Big Sky

So, they beat 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th place in the 13 team conference and then a 5th place team that didn't make the playoffs (whose only wins were also against 7th+ place Big Sky teams).

Kramer has things going the right way at Idaho State, but I think a nice big dose of e-brake is needed

4 hrs. or not that looks to be what I was pointing out. xlolx

clenz
September 12th, 2015, 10:14 PM
4 hrs. or not that looks to be what I was pointing out. xlolx
**** me

I got it right later though, so you know I know it

ursus arctos horribilis
September 12th, 2015, 10:22 PM
**** me

I got it right later though, so you know I know it

That was the best part of it for me. xlolx