PantherRob82
September 12th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Who is playing QB?

centennial
Oops just made a thread about this. 7-0 NDSU

SeattleGriz
Nice run by Wentz for the TD. Dude really has some speed and agility for his size.

27 yd TD run.

centennial
Who is playing QB?
Wentz. And he just ran for a touchdown.

PantherRob82
September 12th, 2015, 02:52 PM
Wentz. And he just ran for a touchdown.

Interesting

dewey
September 12th, 2015, 02:53 PM
A nice 3 and out series for the defense and then a nice 70+ yards drive for the offense ending with a 27 yard TD designed run for Carson Wentz. Wentz looked really good on the run.

Dewey

Drblankstare
September 12th, 2015, 02:53 PM
Mods. Please delete this duplicate thread

Drblankstare
September 12th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Either Wentz went to Lourdes on the off week or the sprain was not nearly as bad as reported

centennial
September 12th, 2015, 02:55 PM
3 and out. Weber punting. NDSU looking sharp.

dewey
September 12th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Nice job by the NDSU defense on Weber States first two drives. Offense in great field position starting at their own 42.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
September 12th, 2015, 02:57 PM
Offense is running like a well oiled machine

dewey
September 12th, 2015, 02:59 PM
The ground game is looking very good right now with the normal power football. The offense looks very sharp right now. Looks like there is a fumble by King Frazier and a holding on NDSU so WSU ball at their own 20 or so.

Dewey

centennial
September 12th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Wentz does not look like he has any problems.

Drblankstare
September 12th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Well that killed a lot of momentum

- - - Updated - - -

Just like that we are tied. Wow 70 yard TD pass foe Weber

centennial
September 12th, 2015, 03:02 PM
And turnover.

- - - Updated - - -

7-7. I spoke too soon.

RabidRabbit
September 12th, 2015, 03:03 PM
Mods. Please delete this duplicate thread

As requested.xthumbsupx

dewey
September 12th, 2015, 03:03 PM
And Weber State scores with a long pass in which they beat the true freshman DB Robbie Grimsley. Big turning point on the fumble.

7-7.

Dewey

SeattleGriz
September 12th, 2015, 03:04 PM
No kidding. NDSU rushing down the field and Frazier gets the balled ripped from his hands when he got stacked up.

Two plays later, Weber for the 70 yd TD.

Drblankstare
September 12th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Bison pass D is really bad right now.

dewey
September 12th, 2015, 03:07 PM
No kidding. NDSU rushing down the field and Frazier gets the balled ripped from his hands when he got stacked up.

Two plays later, Weber for the 70 yd TD.

What a turn of events! NDSU is about to go up 14-0 and is dominating but then a turnover and big TD pass swings the momentum and ties the game.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
September 12th, 2015, 03:07 PM
So is Frazier out for the game then with that wrist injury?

dewey
September 12th, 2015, 03:09 PM
9 guys in the box for WSU and NDSU is still running the ball at 5+ yards per play. Fresh tape on left wrist and nothing else. Sounds like he is ok.

Dewey

dewey
September 12th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Big blitz on 3rd and 8...NDSU punts the ball to the 3 yard line.

Dewey

dewey
September 12th, 2015, 03:14 PM
The pass coverage for NDSU is not looking very sharp right now. Strong start for NDSU but the turnover really changed things.

Dewey

centennial
September 12th, 2015, 03:25 PM
14-7 NDSU

Drblankstare
September 12th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Wentz to Morlock for a 50y TD. Bison up 14-7 2nd

centennial
September 12th, 2015, 03:29 PM
3 and out Weber.

centennial
September 12th, 2015, 03:34 PM
21-7 NDSU on 3rd and 17

Drblankstare
September 12th, 2015, 03:35 PM
21-7 Bison 2nd q

- - - Updated - - -

Morlock worked his ass off for that screen pass TD. Great run

dewey
September 12th, 2015, 03:40 PM
21-7 Bison 2nd q

- - - Updated - - -

Morlock worked his ass off for that screen pass TD. Great run

Good play call by Polasek calling the screen when Weber has consistently been brining pressure. Dang good run after the catch by Morlock on that TD pass. Good defensive stand by NDSU.

Dewey

dewey
September 12th, 2015, 03:42 PM
Morlock is having a MONSTER game catching the ball. 4 catches for 120 yards and 2 TD's in the 1st half.

Dewey

dewey
September 12th, 2015, 03:45 PM
3rd and 1 and NDSU can't get the 1st down. 4th and 1 NDSU will go for it after Weber decides to call timeout when NDSU had the punt team out.

1st down!

Dewey

dewey
September 12th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Great catch by Vraa on the out route. This review will stay.

Dewey

Drblankstare
September 12th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Great catch by Vraa on the out route. This review will stay.

Dewey
One of the best I've ever seen him make

TheKingpin28
September 12th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Did they dip Morlock in a vat of butter before the game? He is so elusive right now and it's hard to take him down

Drblankstare
September 12th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Wentz is carving Weber up

- - - Updated - - -

256 passing at the half

Twentysix
September 12th, 2015, 04:14 PM
This is looking like a horrible mismatch. Nothing like last year.

PantherRob82
September 12th, 2015, 04:22 PM
Not much of a game

centennial
September 12th, 2015, 04:22 PM
Not much of a gane
Wrong thread Rob.

DaBizon
September 12th, 2015, 04:31 PM
Why is Wentz still out there. He has an obvious limp that shows itself occasionally.
Give Easton some needed reps.

centennial
September 12th, 2015, 04:44 PM
Why is Wentz still out there. He has an obvious limp that shows itself occasionally.
Agree

- - - Updated - - -

31-7

TheKingpin28
September 12th, 2015, 04:46 PM

If Weber St does not score, I think we see Stick for the rest of the game

Drblankstare
September 12th, 2015, 04:49 PM
Stick in. Runs for 20 on his 1st play

Drblankstare
September 12th, 2015, 04:52 PM
Bison O line is punishing Weber 4 yards at a time.

BisoNick
September 12th, 2015, 05:01 PM
And then Weber houses one. Horrible job by the special teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dewey
September 12th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Pick kickoff return TD by Wilkes. Dan nice return.

Dewey

centennial
September 12th, 2015, 05:03 PM
34-14 Weber scores a special teams touchdown.

dewey
September 12th, 2015, 05:07 PM
After a good drive by Stick why in the blue hell is Wentz back out there again? I think this is a bad decision by the coaches. The defense has been very solid today and you have a 3 TD lead.

After 2 hits on Wentz why in the hell is he still in there?

Dewey

Bisonator
September 12th, 2015, 05:12 PM
After a good drive by Stick why in the blue hell is Wentz back out there again? I think this is a bad decision by the coaches. The defense has been very solid today and you have a 3 TD lead.

After 2 hits on Wentz why in the hell is he still in there?

Dewey
Exactly. Not happy with the coaching staff today. They let Ben shank a FG in the first before finally allowing Cam to kick. Just stubbornness at times.xsmhx

dewey
September 12th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Dang DeLuca is a stud! Stick had better come out as the QB.

Dewey

dewey
September 12th, 2015, 05:22 PM
With a 27 point lead if NDSU doesn't come out the rest of the game with Stick the media should be asking g why after the game.

Dewey

Drblankstare
September 12th, 2015, 06:10 PM
Nice win for the NDSU. Weber looked overwhelmed most of the game. Wentz looked great, run game looked great, defense looked much better.

BisonTru
September 12th, 2015, 07:21 PM
Nice win for the NDSU. Weber looked overwhelmed most of the game. Wentz looked great, run game looked great, defense looked much better.

This.

I was impressed with their bowling ball of a RB. Defensive front also got some TFLs and pressure.

Their QB and most of the rest of the squad, not good.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 12th, 2015, 07:57 PM
Back from the game.

My thoughts:

Good game for the defense. CJ looked good. A lot of rotating which is good.
DeLuca is a stud! He is a very good MLB
Ziemer and Volson looked adequate filling in for ZJ at left guard.
Weber's defense played pretty well against Oregon State but were pushed around for most of the game today. Game was not close.

Good game for the Bison. Now on to UND.

Bisonwinagn
September 12th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Exactly. Not happy with the coaching staff today. They let Ben shank a FG in the first before finally allowing Cam to kick. Just stubbornness at times.xsmhx

This it was completely stupid by the coaching staff to play Wentz in the 4th Qtr especially when Stick needs quality playing time.

BisonTru
September 12th, 2015, 10:29 PM
This it was completely stupid by the coaching staff to play Wentz in the 4th Qtr especially when Stick needs quality playing time.

Hell, they ran a designed QB run in the fourth with Wentz.

I don't often question the coaches, but why not give Stick the whole fourth. We weren't going to lose the game and Stick is close if not as good of a running threat as Wentz.

dewey
September 12th, 2015, 10:34 PM
Hell, they ran a designed QB run in the fourth with Wentz.

I don't often question the coaches, but why not give Stick the whole fourth. We weren't going to lose the game and Stick is close if not as good of a running threat as Wentz.

Playing Wentz in the 4th quarter and not playing Stick was an incredibly poor decision on my part.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
September 13th, 2015, 07:24 AM
Playing Wentz in the 4th quarter and not playing Stick was an incredibly poor decision on my part.

Dewey
Well dammit Coach P.... I mean Dewey, why did you make such a boneheaded decision??? ;)

I was actually fine with Wentz coming in after the kick return made it a 3 score game with ~13 minutes left. It was clear that Wentz was, if not 100% healthy, then 90+% healthy and I like for the coaches to cultivate that killer instinct in a team. I wouldn't have minded seeing Stick stay in and throw a couple passes but I think him coming in before that was more of a change of pace special offensive package than it was putting in the backups to protect the starters. Pretty sure Stick was in there with a lot of the 1s on offense.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 13th, 2015, 09:29 AM
I'm still not sold on the 4 RBs by committee they are doing but maybe they still want to see someone rise up and take the #1 spot.

Morlock is a huge weapon for the offense. Run and catch the ball. He is also very hard to bring down and he loves to initiate contact. He is going to be a headache for Valley DCs.

King runs hard and sees the field pretty well. IMO, he could consistently be a 100+ game back if he had more carries but I'm not the coach.

BisonBacker
September 13th, 2015, 09:31 AM

This X10

SeattleGriz
September 13th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Do you NDSU guys think any of the Wentz playing time has to do with Wentz himself? Asking to play?

centennial
September 13th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Do you NDSU guys think any of the Wentz playing time has to do with Wentz himself? Asking to play?
Wouldn't surprise me. However, leading by 20 points, there was no reason to put him back. Add to that I don't think the backup QB (Easton Stick) threw once. Let the dude call the plays, or at least allow him to throw, even if short passes/ slants.

BisonTru
September 13th, 2015, 11:24 AM
I'm still not sold on the 4 RBs by committee they are doing but maybe they still want to see someone rise up and take the #1 spot.

Morlock is a huge weapon for the offense. Run and catch the ball. He is also very hard to bring down and he loves to initiate contact. He is going to be a headache for Valley DCs.

King runs hard and sees the field pretty well. IMO, he could consistently be a 100+ game back if he had more carries but I'm not the coach.

I'm not sold on pulling Bruce's redshirt. He certainly doesn't seem better than Frazier, Morlock, or Dunn. I'd rather we left the red jersey on him.

gumby013
September 13th, 2015, 12:27 PM
I'm not sold on pulling Bruce's redshirt. He certainly doesn't seem better than Frazier, Morlock, or Dunn. I'd rather we left the red jersey on him.

But we get to say BRUUUUUUUUCE!

SeattleGriz
September 13th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Wouldn't surprise me. However, leading by 20 points, there was no reason to put him back. Add to that I don't think the backup QB (Easton Stick) threw once. Let the dude call the plays, or at least allow him to throw, even if short passes/ slants.
Was wondering if Wentz was looking to boost his draft status. Not too many guys his size move like he does.

BisonFan02
September 13th, 2015, 01:16 PM
Was wondering if Wentz was looking to boost his draft status. Not too many guys his size move like he does.

No, probably not. He's an extremely competitive guy, but also kinda insanely humble...maybe even to a fault at times. xlolx

Drblankstare
September 13th, 2015, 01:24 PM
I don't mind Wentz playing the whole game as much as some. I really don't understand putting Wentz back in, after Stick came in. I'm sure their is a logical reason, but I can't think of what it is.

Professor Chaos
September 13th, 2015, 01:45 PM
I don't mind Wentz playing the whole game as much as some. I really don't understand putting Wentz back in, after Stick came in. I'm sure their is a logical reason, but I can't think of what it is.
When Stick first came in it was the middle of a drive and he played with most on the other 1s on offense. I don't think it was as much as a sub in to protect Wentz as it was to experiment with a new offensive package that features Stick as a read option QB. I may be wrong but with as healthy as Carson looked and the fact that Stick's insertion into the game didn't come with other mass subs made me think that.

Bisonwinagn
September 13th, 2015, 05:05 PM
When Stick first came in it was the middle of a drive and he played with most on the other 1s on offense. I don't think it was as much as a sub in to protect Wentz as it was to experiment with a new offensive package that features Stick as a read option QB. I may be wrong but with as healthy as Carson looked and the fact that Stick's insertion into the game didn't come with other mass subs made me think that.

Yes and I would of liked to see Stick with the full playbook with the number ones, not some foolish mop up time.

Bisonoline
September 13th, 2015, 07:17 PM

You cant be serious.

Bisonoline
September 13th, 2015, 07:18 PM

What was the deal with the alternating QB thing? Plus there were times Wentz was limping. Made no sense to keep him in the game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 13th, 2015, 07:42 PM

Really?

xthumbsdownx

BisonTru
September 13th, 2015, 07:50 PM

From all reports, Wentz is pretty humble and is focused on winning games for the Bison. He'll worry about the NFL after the season.

Also, the NFL doesn't care if Wentz plays in garbage time. They'll have plenty of tape to make an evaluation. Probably the most detrimental situation to his draft stock would be a season ending injury. So if he was worried about his draft stock, which he isn't, he may be asking to get pulled from the game to prevent injury.

BisonTru
September 13th, 2015, 07:52 PM
What was the deal with the alternating QB thing? Plus there were times Wentz was limping. Made no sense to keep him in the game.

CK said they had a package with Stick they wanted to use regardless. They put him in for a few plays and then decided to just give him the whole series.

But I agree, Wentz should have been pulled earlier.

SeattleGriz
September 13th, 2015, 07:56 PM
I suppose my interest for "more" came from not seeing him play much in the past - just really impressed.