PDA

View Full Version : Western Illinois getting drubbed by Illinois

PantherRob82
September 12th, 2015, 12:05 PM
After the Leathernecks performance last week I thought this game might be a little more competitive. It's always difficult to gauge a team's merit when they play FBS teams, but this is embarrassing.

It's already 17-0 and Illinois is inside the WIU 10.

Not sure how to read this game when it comes to Top 25 voting.

eiu1999
September 12th, 2015, 12:11 PM
20-0 now.

leatherneck177
September 12th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Said a fan of the team that got beat by Iowa State in convincing fashion.

leatherneck177
September 12th, 2015, 12:15 PM
But yes, not a good performance at all. What does this say about EIU?

PantherRob82
September 12th, 2015, 12:17 PM

and I dropped us out of the poll. We also weren't down 27 in the first half. Don't be so sensitive. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

27-0 Illinois with 2:57 left.

centennial
September 12th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Leathernecks should be better than this.

PantherRob82
September 12th, 2015, 12:31 PM
Illinois in WIU territory with 1:39 left in the half.

PantherRob82
September 12th, 2015, 12:38 PM
30-0 in Champaign xdrunkyx

centennial
September 12th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Most inconsistent team in the MVFC. Getting blown out here, 2 weeks later will go and upset someone.

PantherRob82
September 12th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Man, 44-0

eiu1999
September 12th, 2015, 04:08 PM
But yes, not a good performance at all. What does this say about EIU?

And Northwestern is better than Illinois....

Redbird Ray
September 12th, 2015, 05:39 PM
Not a great game by Western but this is probably the best Illinois team since the one that went to the Rose bowl in 07. Illinois is going to be a factor in a wide open big ten west. Eastern looks awful right now. I hope they don't figure things out vs ISU next week.

ST_Lawson
September 12th, 2015, 08:34 PM
Very disappointing. I thought the defense did ok considering what they were asked to do but when you have to spend 2/3 of the game on the field against a halfway decent Big 10 offense, you're gonna give up some points.

Offense couldn't do anything. Running...passing...nothing was working. Sloppy like last week vs Eastern, but IL was able to take advantage of the mistakes.

Defense forced 4 turnovers and a bunch of guys had career tackling games...but with the rest of our season against Coastal Carolina and the MVFC, if we can't figure out how to score some points, we're not going to win many games.

Pretty demoralizing...not so much the defeat itself, but how bad of one it was.

eiupantherfan94
September 13th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Hard to say how good the Illini will be. Beckman was notorious for not preparing his teams thus leading to close victories over the likes of Youngstown State (not to say they're bad, but it didn't help Beckman's image at the time), Texas State, and Western Kentucky. Under Cubit they seem to at least play aggressively and start fast out of the gate. As for Redbird's comment about this being the best team since 2007, that's up for grabs. Right now, I'd say 2010 and 2011 were the best since then considering they sent a decent amount of people from that team to the NFL. Anyway, I wouldn't worry yet, Western fans. Hard to judge how good an FCS team will be vs. decent FBS competition most of the time (and no, Indiana is not decent competition xlolx).

EIU, on the other hand, has no discipline. Dameron seems like a good guy, but he also seems to be too much of a player's coach (Like Schwartz was with the Lions). Our current AD didn't hire him so unless he turns something around when conference play rolls around we'll probably finish with 3-5 wins again. xdrunkyx

clenz
September 13th, 2015, 08:38 PM
Now that UNI beat a top 10 ranked EWU team do we get to comment, or are we still banned?