PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire at Colgate

Go...gate
September 11th, 2015, 10:56 PM
Two clubs which were hammered in openers against I-A teams.

Teams generally improve the greatest between the first and second games.

I believe this might be a very competitive game.

Thoughts?

Go Green
September 12th, 2015, 06:42 AM
If you're competitive against UNH, then you've done more than Dartmouth has done.

Been a while since we've kept it close against the Wildcats.... Maybe next year will be different.

Good luck!

RichH2
September 12th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Good luck today. Do think Gate can be competitive with Melville for a while.

KPSUL
September 12th, 2015, 10:21 AM
It should be a close game. Even though the UNH SJSU score was a little closer than Gate-Navy, You guys played a better game. UNH showed nothing last week. Coach McDonnell has been very candid about that. How much of that will turn around remains to be seen. On the plus side, Dalton Crossan may be the best running back we've had in years. We do have young guys who can catch the ball, it just didn't happen in San Jose. Sean Goldrich is a solid FCS QB, but really not the kind of guy like Robertson who can carry a team almost on his own. I really hope it is a well played competitive game. Both teams need that going into the Conference games. I picked UNH by a field goal (one other plus over 2014, we may actually make a few this season) in the CAA pick-em thread. But it is a homer vote, I truly consider this game a toss-up.

Mattymc727
September 12th, 2015, 11:25 AM
I have no idea. In my head UNH has the talent and skill to win this by two scores. I haven't seen this year's team yet but they sounded awful last week. I wouldn't be surprised by a Colgate win either.

Gate83
September 12th, 2015, 12:02 PM
Forecast is for heavy rain & possible thunderstorms by kickoff. We're run heavy anyway, how will weather affect UNH?

ColgateTD
September 12th, 2015, 04:55 PM
Forecast is for heavy rain & possible thunderstorms by kickoff. We're run heavy anyway, how will weather affect UNH?

Four minutes 'til kickoff - raining hard up here.

Remise
September 12th, 2015, 05:36 PM
It would be nice if somebody at the Patriot League Network would have noticed by now -- with the first quarter almost over -- that the play-by-play guy's microphone does not appear to be turned on. The unprofessionalism of the these guys is somewhat mind-boggling!

dwtime
September 12th, 2015, 06:17 PM
UNH up 20-0 at the half. Why is Breda our kicker?

Gater
September 12th, 2015, 06:28 PM
UNH 20 Colgate 0 at half.

Colgate two plays that went for 50 or so yards both called back for penalties.
Colgate fumbles on UNH 18.
Colgate misses a 39 yard field goal.
Colgate loses arguable its best player (Steffen).

UNH missed a chip shot FG and an extra point.

Colgate is winning the mistakes battle and not much else.

Also, the video feed is horrible. Every time it freezes it starts again with a commercial--instead of going back to the game. I watched the same crappy commercials for the entire second quarter and very little actual game.

Not long until I start blaming the refs and yelling at my dog.

Go...gate
September 12th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Ouch.

dwtime
September 12th, 2015, 07:07 PM
Not sure why Colgate went for it there, I question the coaching on that one.

dwtime
September 12th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Wow that was a bogus call.

Go...gate
September 12th, 2015, 07:30 PM
23-8 UNH, Colgate at UNH 11, a little over eight minutes to go.

dwtime
September 12th, 2015, 07:56 PM
UNH wins 26-8

dwtime
September 12th, 2015, 07:59 PM
UNH still work in progress, offense played pretty well until Goldrich got hurt, hope he is ok. Defense was bend but don't break, they need to get better the Colgate offense wasn't very good.

Go...gate
September 12th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Colgate's offense needs some work, that is for certain.