PDA

View Full Version : Athletic Apparel Contracts for FCS Schools

Catatonic
September 11th, 2015, 03:34 PM
What does a typical Athletic Apparel Contract look like for an FCS school?

ACU just announced a 5 year deal with Nike, which our AD chose over offers from both Adidas and Under Armor.....but no mention of specifics. Out of curiousity, I looked on line to see what a contract might involve at our leve.

I found a data base that provides details of contracts between Nike, Under Armor and Adidas and FBS schools, but nothing for FCS schools.

The norm for P5 schools seems to be for money plus a dollar amount in product. FBS schools outside of P5 conferences receive little or no cash and a lesser amount of product than P5 schools. I assume the norm for FCS schools is less than for FBS....just curious to know how these contracts are typically structured. No money, no product but a reduced purchase price (wholesale, or a %).

Anyone know?

BEAR
September 11th, 2015, 03:41 PM
2013-Agreement between the University of Central Arkansas and Adidas forprocurement and sponsorship of athletic apparel, footwear, and uniforms for aperiod of five (5) years.

Doesn't appear to be any cash added.

http://www.ucasports.com/news/2013/7/15/GEN_0715135114.aspx

tomq04
September 11th, 2015, 04:07 PM
I don't know specifics here, but I was just talking to a manager at one of sports shops at the local mall. He got a call from a Nike rep asking about ability to move EWU stuff, and he said people had been requesting it. He then started started getting all sorts of new items recently from Nike, he went from literally having a single red EWU shirt to 4 shirt designs, a hat, 4 styles of sweatshirts, 2 golf polo's and a couple women's options all of which was nice high end items looking comparable to all of the WSU and UW gear in the shop.

Not sure what changed here in Cheney, but there is definitely more gear available for purchase.

PAllen
September 11th, 2015, 07:39 PM
I don't know specifics here, but I was just talking to a manager at one of sports shops at the local mall. He got a call from a Nike rep asking about ability to move EWU stuff, and he said people had been requesting it. He then started started getting all sorts of new items recently from Nike, he went from literally having a single red EWU shirt to 4 shirt designs, a hat, 4 styles of sweatshirts, 2 golf polo's and a couple women's options all of which was nice high end items looking comparable to all of the WSU and UW gear in the shop.

Not sure what changed here in Cheney, but there is definitely more gear available for purchase.

All of the ESPN coverage of a certain QB playing for Oregon.

Rabbit74
September 11th, 2015, 09:35 PM
http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15000&ATCLID=205394692

Above is a link to an article about the SDSU/Under Armour partnership. It indicates that Under Armour supplies all on field and training gear for all of SDSU's 21 sports as well as outfitting the coaches and athletic department staff. I don't know details on what "outfitting the coaches and the athletic department staff" means. For example, I know one head coach has a clothing deal of his own with a local men's wear store.

taper
September 11th, 2015, 09:36 PM
Adidas uniforms are really, really bad. No preference over Nike or UA.

bkrownd
September 12th, 2015, 12:47 AM
Real men don't pimp fashion logos.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7150/6817654327_60c371b033_b.jpg

dgtw
September 12th, 2015, 09:03 AM
My son is a college athlete at an Adidas school. He wore a Nike shirt to practice and they made him wear it inside out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twentysix
September 12th, 2015, 10:15 AM
My son is a college athlete at an Adidas school. He wore a Nike shirt to practice and they made him wear it inside out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it make him feel good to know he is nothing more than a walking billboard?

Tribal
September 13th, 2015, 11:23 AM
William & Mary Football has a great contract with Nike. We hold a Nike pro camp every year with a few of the biggest names in the NFL. Great exposure for the Tribe.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk