PDA

View Full Version : Delaware vs Lafayette - How Stella Brock Got Her Groove Back

superman7515
September 8th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Just wanted to say thank you in advance to the Patriot League slump busters. We got shot down pretty hard by the girl from Florida, and we're taking a road trip to see my buddy's hot friend Carolina next week, I hear she can be kind of a prude, but we always know we can call up one of the Patsy's when it's last call and we just need to bust one.

Delaware 49 - Lafayette 7

Gangtackle11
September 8th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Next week you will be @ Villanova high noon on Parent's Weekend not Carolina. I'll buy ya a pretzel.

BucBisonAtLarge
September 8th, 2015, 10:39 AM
Kinda climbing out on a limb there... carry on. I visit this site for entertainment purposes.

Mattymc727
September 8th, 2015, 10:39 AM
49 from a team that put up 14 against Jacksonville?

I like your style....

xpopcornx

Lehigh Football Nation
September 8th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Not a great idea to pick in anger at your own team. FWIW. New Hampshire fans might remember last season.

Gater
September 8th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Last season? If you are referring to Lafayette at UNH, it's ongoing.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?148314-Lafayette-at-New-Hampshire

superman7515
September 8th, 2015, 11:16 AM
Next week you will be @ Villanova high noon on Parent's Weekend not Carolina. I'll buy ya a pretzel.

What are you talking about, that's the JV game, they're more than capable of handling our light work. Everyone on the two-deep is heading down to Chapel Hill a week early to brush up on their academics, some of the guys in African American studies are going to get some tutoring. Which just goes to show how important Delaware is, our JV comes into town for a warm-up game against your college and the Pope flies in to watch such a blessed event. We're like the Jesus Christ of ECB, we resurrected your football team just to have someone to play at the end of each season. You're welcome.

Not a great idea to pick in anger at your own team. FWIW. New Hampshire fans might remember last season.

Pick in anger? I'm thrilled at what we were able to do for Jacksonville! They'll probably be able to raise tuition costs and fund a new science lab after all the publicity a win against the Blue Hens got them. At this point, Delaware is the only reason there is FCS football left on the East Coast. You get a win against Delaware, you call home and tell the Mrs. to put on the red panties. It's a celebration. Nine months from now, Kade Bell is going to have a little brother. Hell, they'll probably be able to get enough donors to go full scholarship and move to the SoCon. The worst UD football team in 126 years of football and a W against us was enough for them to start getting votes in the polls! I couldn't be happier for what we did for Jacksonville, it's what we've been doing the whole time.

Just look at Appalachian State, before 2007 no one had even heard of them, but they get into the 1AA National Championship Game and squeak out of Chattanooga with a W against the Blue Hens and suddenly they're big timers. I bet if you check the numbers, there is a massive difference in the popularity of AppState from 2006 to 2007, and that's a fact Jack. Now it's Lafayette's turn, and don't worry, this isn't DelState, we won't back out of the deal. We'll even leave the money on the bedside stand on our way out the door.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 8th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Pick in anger? I'm thrilled at what we were able to do for Jacksonville! They'll probably be able to raise tuition costs and fund a new science lab after all the publicity a win against the Blue Hens got them. At this point, Delaware is the only reason there is FCS football left on the East Coast. You get a win against Delaware, you call home and tell the Mrs. to put on the red panties. It's a celebration. Nine months from now, Kade Bell is going to have a little brother. Hell, they'll probably be able to get enough donors to go full scholarship and move to the Big South. I couldn't be happier for what we did for Jacksonville, it's what we've been doing the whole time.

Just look at Appalachian State, before 2007 no one had even heard of them, but they get into the 1AA National Championship Game and squeak out of Chattanooga with a W against the Blue Hens and suddenly they're big timers. I bet if you check the numbers, there is a massive difference in the popularity of AppState from 2006 to 2007, and that's a fact Jack. Now it's Lafayette's turn, and don't worry, this isn't DelState, we won't back out of the deal. We'll even leave the money on the bedside stand on our way out the door.

FIFY the only inaccurate statement in your response.

superman7515
September 8th, 2015, 11:22 AM
FIFY the only inaccurate statement in your resonse.

Hell no, they'll go to the SoCon to replace Georgia Southern. The Eagles were so tired of their futility against the Blue Hens in the playoffs that they packed their bags and jumped ship to an easier conference just to avoid us.

bluehenbillk
September 8th, 2015, 11:35 AM
Superman - that is an awesome Ziady graphic at the bottom of your posts!!

I don't know if UD can score 49 points in the next 3 games combined.

In short UD is challenged on the offensive side of the ball - you can put it on 4 areas:

QB - Played 2 of them (Rankin & Walker). Rankin didn't do much at all & Walker, while very athletic, was a deer in the headlights. Supposedly we'll only play 1 this week.

OL- was supposed to be better than last year but wasn't so vs Jax. Plenty of blame to go around on this unit - we knew pass blocking was an issue but they didn't run block all that great either.

WR - They graduated Johnson who went to Eagles camp, TE Boyle made the Ravens, top returnee Harrison is in jail for assaulting our top CB who is out for the year & you have multiple guys that shouldn't be on the field thrown into starting roles. Cherry was the only competent guy out there last week (but don't talk about his punt returning efforts)

Coaching - to say we ran a high school offense against Jax would be insulting to HS coaches across the country - Pop Warner is more accurate. We called a petrified game plan - zero confidence in the 11 we ran out there apparently. It's a mess.

UD opened as a 5 point favorite? Get your popcorn ready.

RichH2
September 8th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Always did like your style supe. :)

Lehigh Football Nation
September 8th, 2015, 11:44 AM
UD opened as a 5 point favorite? Get your popcorn ready.

I think they're factoring in Lafayette's typical September performances.

melloware13
September 8th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Sounds like I should spread the excitement around Stroudsburg to come see Blaine eat up a line as if he was back playing William Allen :D

2ram
September 8th, 2015, 12:25 PM
i think the most special thing about lafayette graduated last year.

this is going to be a delaware win imo.

Ivytalk
September 8th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Coach Crock's job may be on the line if the Hens lose this one.

Amirite, Supe?

bluehenbillk
September 8th, 2015, 01:10 PM
I don't think is job is anywhere near jeopardy. But, his approval rating is at an all-time low.

superman7515
September 8th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Superman - that is an awesome Ziady graphic at the bottom of your posts!!

Yeah, I was a little irritated Friday night when I made that. Feel free to share.

Coach Crock's job may be on the line if the Hens lose this one.

Amirite, Supe?

No University president right now, so no one to hold the AD accountable, if anyone has ever held an AD accountable at UD. Ziady and Brock are thick as thieves, so he's safe for probably another two seasons. The fans are voting with their wallets, but we'll see how it goes.

superman7515
September 8th, 2015, 02:03 PM
i think the most special thing about lafayette graduated last year.

this is going to be a delaware win imo.

Of course it's going to be a Delaware win, but don't act all high and mighty Ram fan. The most special thing about Lafayette is that they have the honor of stepping on the field at Delaware Stadium, just like everyone else on the East Coast. You can trot out all the pre-World War 2 history you want, at the end of the day, if Delaware called, you'd take the game with no return or a 2-for-1 just like anyone else. Ya know why? Because we're the only heavyweight fight left over here. You can ring up New Hampshire and their thirteen straight 4th Place trophies look good on the mantle, but the 82 butts they put in the seats, including the team bus driver, won't make your team enough money for you to take the coach and his wife to Sizzler after the game. Your AD looks down at that caller ID and sees "Newark, Delaware" and he gets a partial chub because he knows that his program is about to experience a life changing moment that could reap rewards for decades.

Just look at what we did for Sacred Heart. Two years ago someone would have thought that was a cheap Blue Cross/Blue Shield knock-off insurance company, but they got to make the trip to Newark baby and we made them famous. The money started pouring in and all of a sudden they're building left and right.

Martire Business & Communications Center - Opened March 20, 2015 after they saw the need for an entire building to respond to all the global communications that came on the heels of a 3-point victory in Newark.
http://www.sacredheart.edu/media/sacredheart/pressroom2015/Martire_675.jpg

Then they break ground on the Center For Healthcare Education on June 18 in an effort to study the long-term health effects to a human body after stepping onto Tubby Raymond Field.
http://c1.staticflickr.com/1/494/19985566940_dc92f0a313_b.jpg

All paid for with the increased tuition and sudden flood of college applicants that come with the notoriety of playing in Newark.

So sit back there on the remnants of Fordham Wall and cast aspersions at Lafayette, but you don't see the Green unless you play the Blue & Gold, so stop letting your jealousy cloud this otherwise sensible thread.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 8th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Supe, you forgot how Delaware made Albany, in more ways than one.

CasualFan
September 8th, 2015, 02:39 PM
Supe, CCU needs to pay for a stadium. Got any open dates? :D

superman7515
September 8th, 2015, 02:41 PM
Supe, you forgot how Delaware made Albany, in more ways than one.

I didn't want Ursus to have to pay for extra bandwidth by going line by line through all the teams we've made, just wanted to remind that Ram that any time he's feeling a little big for his britches, they can go back to D3 and play someone a little more their size. I hear Rensselaer has an opening.

superman7515
September 8th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Supe, CCU needs to pay for a stadium. Got any open dates? :D

Careful what you wish for. In 1995, we announced we had an opening in 1999 and would be playing at The Citadel. Shannon Faulkner became so moist, she sued to get into the school.

Unfortunately, we're playing in North Carolina soon, which will probably take a bump out of your attendance. I'd say the attendance that week will be lower than the game before or after, my apologies.

CasualFan
September 8th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Careful what you wish for. In 1995, we announced we had an opening in 1999 and would be playing at The Citadel. Shannon Faulkner became so moist, she sued to get into the school.

Unfortunately, we're playing in North Carolina soon, which will probably take a bump out of your attendance. I'd say the attendance that week will be lower than the game before or after, my apologies.
Darn. I figured that plan would be good enough to satisfy LFN. I guess we will have to go back to the original one.

Pard4Life
September 8th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Where can I park?

Is traffic a problem in the area prior to the game?

Sammy94
September 8th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Delaware 49 - Lafayette 7

Is KC visiting during our bye week?

melloware13
September 8th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Where can I park?

Depends on how you come in. Assuming you're coming from the Valley, you can get off Exit 3 off 95 to 273 N and take 4 W to gate G, grass parking. Other option is take Exit 1B to 896 N to gate D, which leads to both paved and grass parking. HC parking is gate F from 4 (so take exit 3). Here's the parking map:
http://www.bluehens.com/fls/29100/pdf/ticketoffice/AthleticsParkingMap-rev5.pdf?&SPSID=670302&SPID=110418&DB_OEM_ID=29100

AshevilleApp2
September 8th, 2015, 03:16 PM
What are you talking about, that's the JV game, they're more than capable of handling our light work. Everyone on the two-deep is heading down to Chapel Hill a week early to brush up on their academics, some of the guys in African American studies are going to get some tutoring. Which just goes to show how important Delaware is, our JV comes into town for a warm-up game against your college and the Pope flies in to watch such a blessed event. We're like the Jesus Christ of ECB, we resurrected your football team just to have someone to play at the end of each season. You're welcome.

Pick in anger? I'm thrilled at what we were able to do for Jacksonville! They'll probably be able to raise tuition costs and fund a new science lab after all the publicity a win against the Blue Hens got them. At this point, Delaware is the only reason there is FCS football left on the East Coast. You get a win against Delaware, you call home and tell the Mrs. to put on the red panties. It's a celebration. Nine months from now, Kade Bell is going to have a little brother. Hell, they'll probably be able to get enough donors to go full scholarship and move to the SoCon. The worst UD football team in 126 years of football and a W against us was enough for them to start getting votes in the polls! I couldn't be happier for what we did for Jacksonville, it's what we've been doing the whole time.

Truth! I always figured it was beating Delaware and your awesome helmets. xnodx

LC1142
September 8th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Where can I park?

Parking is simple, even as a guest. Most students walk to the game. I usually park across from the stadium for 10 bucks. Stadium is a true dump, as is most of the school and the town for that matter.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 8th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Darn. I figured that plan would be good enough to satisfy LFN. I guess we will have to go back to the original one.

I thought this WAS the plan.

Ivytalk
September 8th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Of course it's going to be a Delaware win, but don't act all high and mighty Ram fan. The most special thing about Lafayette is that they have the honor of stepping on the field at Delaware Stadium, just like everyone else on the East Coast. You can trot out all the pre-World War 2 history you want, at the end of the day, if Delaware called, you'd take the game with no return or a 2-for-1 just like anyone else. Ya know why? Because we're the only heavyweight fight left over here. You can ring up New Hampshire and their thirteen straight 4th Place trophies look good on the mantle, but the 82 butts they put in the seats, including the team bus driver, won't make your team enough money for you to take the coach and his wife to Sizzler after the game. Your AD looks down at that caller ID and sees "Newark, Delaware" and he gets a partial chub because he knows that his program is about to experience a life changing moment that could reap rewards for decades.

Just look at what we did for Sacred Heart. Two years ago someone would have thought that was a cheap Blue Cross/Blue Shield knock-off insurance company, but they got to make the trip to Newark baby and we made them famous. The money started pouring in and all of a sudden they're building left and right.

Martire Business & Communications Center - Opened March 20, 2015 after they saw the need for an entire building to respond to all the global communications that came on the heels of a 3-point victory in Newark.

Then they break ground on the Center For Healthcare Education on June 18 in an effort to study the long-term health effects to a human body after stepping onto Tubby Raymond Field.

All paid for with the increased tuition and sudden flood of college applicants that come with the notoriety of playing in Newark.

So sit back there on the remnants of Fordham Wall and cast aspersions at Lafayette, but you don't see the Green unless you play the Blue & Gold, so stop letting your jealousy cloud this otherwise sensible thread.
Supe is the Stradivarius of Blue Hen posters!xbowxxthumbsupx

Ivytalk
September 8th, 2015, 04:05 PM

Brilliant! Simply brilliant! Where's citdog?

superman7515
September 8th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Where can I park?

Set your GPS/phone/whatever for 57 Sanford Drive, Newark DE 19713. You'll be in Robscott Manor, directly across the street from the stadium, and it won't cost you $10 to park.

Parking is simple, even as a guest. Most students walk to the game. I usually park across from the stadium for 10 bucks. Stadium is a true dump, as is most of the school and the town for that matter.

Pard, since I just saved you $10, I'm going to have to request you drive for LC. After years of riding the bus, he suddenly feels qualified to drive it, and the last thing we need is LC pulling a repeat of Rev. Lazor at Villanova and running over a bunch of Blue Hens players because he's too feeble to control the gas pedal and his bowels at the same time. Here's his ride, shouldn't be hard to find him.

http://www.imcdb.org/i082757.jpg

superman7515
September 8th, 2015, 04:48 PM
Is KC visiting during our bye week?

Speaking of schools we put on the map, you should start working right now to build a YoUDee statue on campus. SHSU was all set to step back into the Stone Age era of 1990's Bearkat football until we decided to take mercy and allow you to replace that little Willie with the CAA's biggest dick... At least, according to Rob Ambrose. Every night when you go to bed, just remember:

Hail Keeler, full of grace,
Tubby is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst Ray Bans,
and blessed is the fruit of thy touchdowns, Victory.
Holy Camp, Father of Football,
Pray for time of possession,
And prevailing winds at kickoff.
Amen.

Go...gate
September 8th, 2015, 06:35 PM
Time for UD to bring back the Wing-T.

bluehenbillk
September 8th, 2015, 08:02 PM

Dude we have the best men's room in all of FCS. Make sure to visit the west wall.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 8th, 2015, 10:09 PM
Dude we have the best men's room in all of FCS. Make sure to visit the west wall.

Wasn't that redubbed the "Wailing Wall" after this past week's game?

blackbeard
September 8th, 2015, 11:07 PM

And we thank you!

Model Citizen
September 9th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Hell no, they'll go to the SoCon to replace Georgia Southern.

No doubt they would like to join. Would the SoCon want them?

superman7515
September 9th, 2015, 08:11 AM
Who's going to turn them down, the ghost of Furman? The last time they mattered, LFN was on his way to prom.

http://www.top10films.co.uk/img/breaking-the-fourth-wall-duckie_pretty-in-pink.jpg

BisonFan02
September 9th, 2015, 08:30 AM
Supe is absolutely murdering this thread.... xlolx :D

BisonFan02
September 9th, 2015, 08:32 AM
When does Delaware's "Manifest Destiny" start by playing a team west of the Mississippi?

Lehigh Football Nation
September 9th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Who's going to turn them down, the ghost of Furman? The last time they mattered, LFN was on his way to prom.

http://www.top10films.co.uk/img/breaking-the-fourth-wall-duckie_pretty-in-pink.jpg

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to superman7515 again.

superman7515
September 9th, 2015, 08:58 AM
When does Delaware's "Manifest Destiny" start by playing a team west of the Mississippi?

We gave that a try...

3-1 vs the Big Sky (and the 1 was thanks to a very questionable chain crew in a certain season finale, but hey, glad we could give the state of Washington something to be proud of for a while. How about we run the ball from the 2-yard line next time Carroll, the Mariners had Rodriguez, Griffey, Johnson, etc and the Royals have made more World Series appearances, heck the smartest people in Washington were the SuperSonics... They left.)

13-1 vs the Missouri Valley (and the 1 is on the wrong side of the Mississippi and the team was very cold because all of our sweater vests had mysteriously disappeared the night before.)

We got so bored, we decided to just stay home. Why play cupcakes 1000 miles away when Lafayette is right down the road, ya know?

2ram
September 9th, 2015, 09:31 AM

don't you post to me like that superbloated! the most special thing the leopards will do this season, or any other season, is taking a trip to da bronx to play the storied rams of current relevance, not to that stained armpit of america known as newark, most noted for it's airport.

and speaking of heavyweights, you might want to tune in saturday to see us play against villanova.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 9th, 2015, 09:37 AM
don't you post to me like that superbloated! the most special thing the leopards will do this season, or any other season, is taking a trip to da bronx to play the storied rams of current relevance, not to that stained armpit of america known as newark, most noted for it's airport.

and speaking of heavyweights, you might want to tune in saturday to see us play against villanova.

This post is so wrong on so many levels I'm not going to bother to count them

superman7515
September 9th, 2015, 09:44 AM

Fordham? Isn't that a brewery? No wonder you don't know the difference between Newark, New Jersey and Newark, Delaware. Go home Ram, you're drunk. Taking on Villanova in a heavyweight matchup? Basketball season isn't for a few months bub. Johnny Druze isn't walking out of that tunnel... Wait, you don't have a tunnel, you have an 85-year-old one-sided high school stadium with a baseball diamond sharing the sideline... Ya know what, maybe you should have your AD call us after all, we'll help you finally afford some bleachers on the other side. You can upgrade it and call it "Ferraro Field at Jack Coffey Stadium." Wait, who am I kidding, we all know that a Roach in New York runs and hides, why should your bum athletic director be any different? Pick up the phone David Roach, we'll make you famous.

MR. CHICKEN
September 9th, 2015, 09:45 AM

........AIRPORT...IS IN DUH ONE........IN JERSEY....NEW-IRK........BROCK!

2ram
September 9th, 2015, 09:55 AM
........AIRPORT...IS IN DUH ONE........IN JERSEY....NEW-IRK........BROCK!

that was supposed to be a joke... guess that sailed right over...

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1332443281716_9734108.png (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCJaWm9qa6scCFQKnHgodDm0Nvw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.someecards.com%2Fusercards%2F viewcard%2FMjAxMi05YjZiYzM2MDFjNGIxOTBm&psig=AFQjCNFe8wK52gd6cZSA4afKny0i7apxmA&ust=1441896895371848)

GannonFan
September 9th, 2015, 11:13 AM
that was supposed to be a joke... guess that sailed right over...

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1332443281716_9734108.png (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCJaWm9qa6scCFQKnHgodDm0Nvw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.someecards.com%2Fusercards%2F viewcard%2FMjAxMi05YjZiYzM2MDFjNGIxOTBm&psig=AFQjCNFe8wK52gd6cZSA4afKny0i7apxmA&ust=1441896895371848)

Well, the same thing happens when the joke just really isn't all that funny to begin with.

superman7515
September 9th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Easy fellas, easy. The Rams are still exuberantly imbibing in celebration of their victory over a football team that gave us this...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/05/us/west-point-pillow-fight/index.html

That's right, 30 people injured in a pillow fight at West Point, 24 suffering concussions... That's the creampuff that Fordham played in Week 1.

Mr. C
September 9th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Hate seeing the Delaware-Villanova game moved away from its traditional regular-season-ending slot. My favorite rivalry games over the past 20-plus years have been Delaware-Villanova and Furman-Appalachian State (which the move to FBS ruined).

Daytripper
September 9th, 2015, 12:50 PM
Could you use your obvious influence with UD to schedule a home and home with SHSU?

BisonFan02
September 9th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Could you use your obvious influence with UD to schedule a home and home with SHSU?

How much OOC opportunity is there really for Southland schools? With your conference games and FBS games, how much can you guys even do anymore? (yes, I remember the EWU game)

Daytripper
September 9th, 2015, 12:59 PM
How much OOC opportunity is there really for Southland schools? With your conference games and FBS games, how much can you guys even do anymore? (yes, I remember the EWU game)

Not really expecting it to happen. Just poking the UD bear to see if they might want their wayward son, KC Keeler, to return for an encore.

superman7515
September 9th, 2015, 01:35 PM

Hahaha. That's a good one. I wouldn't do that to you bud. Right now, Sam Houston State has a chance. They could be something special. But this isn't one of KC's Kupcakes, we're talking about the Mother Fightin' Blue Hens here pal. You think he really wants to walk out that tunnel and stand on the 50-yard line in front of the dozens of remaining season ticket holders and face down a team he himself called the LSU, the Georgia, the Florida of FCS football? And that was before the team was led by "The Legend Killer" Dave Brock Lesnar. Just look at what happened to Mickey Matthews, he was so emasculated, eviscerated, excoriated, and the fanbase infuriated that he was unable to return to coaching. This is a man that won national championships, but when Brock stepped on the field, he threw down his visor, turned tail, and ran back to Andrews, Texas. You think KC Keeler wants any part of that? You must have gotten too much sun the last time it was your turn to patrol the border.

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/surely-you-cant-be-serious.gif

Andy
September 9th, 2015, 01:38 PM
Trap game for Pards. Princeton on deck. Don't look ahead guys. Bidness at hand.

bluehenbillk
September 9th, 2015, 01:45 PM
I don't think the powers to be would want anything to do with SHSU playing UD. After watching the replay of the Sam game on Fox last night it's be a massacre anyway.

Daytripper
September 9th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Hahaha. That's a good one. I wouldn't do that to you bud. Right now, Sam Houston State has a chance. They could be something special. But this isn't one of KC's Kupcakes, we're talking about the Mother Fightin' Blue Hens here pal. You think he really wants to walk out that tunnel and stand on the 50-yard line in front of the dozens of remaining season ticket holders and face down a team he himself called the LSU, the Georgia, the Florida of FCS football? And that was before the team was led by "The Legend Killer" Dave Brock Lesnar. Just look at what happened to Mickey Matthews, he was so emasculated, eviscerated, excoriated, and the fanbase infuriated that he was unable to return to coaching. This is a man that won national championships, but when Brock stepped on the field, he threw down his visor, turned tail, and ran back to Andrews, Texas. You think KC Keeler wants any part of that? You must have gotten too much sun the last time it was your turn to patrol the border.

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/surely-you-cant-be-serious.gif

You are on fire, sir!

https://media4.giphy.com/media/6PopYBwOlKS8o/200.gif

Andy
September 9th, 2015, 02:24 PM

I'd like to ditto but my recollections are a little outdated, haven't been there since our last regular season game 42 years ago.

superman7515
September 9th, 2015, 02:37 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/43/fc/e8/43fce8b456b1c34f4a3021bf6b3e361a.jpg

melloware13
September 9th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Hate seeing the Delaware-Villanova game moved away from its traditional regular-season-ending slot. My favorite rivalry games over the past 20-plus years have been Delaware-Villanova and Furman-Appalachian State (which the move to FBS ruined).
Blame the Main Line Money and the Holy See

ngineer
September 9th, 2015, 09:55 PM
From my perch here outside of Easton, I heard some comments that all my not be well in Pardville. Beside the suspension of QB Reed (for reasons unknown), there was a reported fight (alcohol involved) among a number of football players (as opposed with another student or 'townie'). Not good when stuff happens among teammates. I would suspect Frank will take the right steps (he has always seemed to be a fair, but no nonsense guy), but even so, it does not sound good.

superman7515
September 10th, 2015, 04:27 AM
From my perch here outside of Easton, I heard some comments that all my not be well in Pardville. Beside the suspension of QB Reed (for reasons unknown), there was a reported fight (alcohol involved) among a number of football players (as opposed with another student or 'townie'). Not good when stuff happens among teammates. I would suspect Frank will take the right steps (he has always seemed to be a fair, but no nonsense guy), but even so, it does not sound good.

See, just one more example of how Delaware does it bigger and better than anyone else around... Lafayette suspends their QB? We don't even have a QB! Lafayette players get into an alcohol fueled fight? Delaware has a player take off his helmet and beat a teammate with it to the point he goes to prison and the teammate is lost for the year, no alcohol needed! Come on Leopards, I know imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but really, knock off the two-bit sideshow. You're supposed to be Leopards, not copycats.

bluehenbillk
September 10th, 2015, 07:38 AM
Delaware announced last night their best remaining offensive star RB Wes Hills is out for the season with a broken foot.

LC1142
September 10th, 2015, 08:02 AM

Now there's something to be proud of. All the academic schools in the CAA and then there is JMU and Delaware.

LC1142
September 10th, 2015, 08:05 AM

Not true, but sure makes for a good rumor. There was a scuffle between a few linemen in practice one day. Very normal. the kids were suspended for something else.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Delaware announced last night their best remaining offensive star RB Wes Hills is out for the season with a broken foot.

Ouch....

Lafayette was without some key guys against the Tribe. I'm not sure how things are shaping up this week. Given the troubles at UD, this is a game where Lafayette needs to notch a CAA win. LC has their own hurdles but I don't think they're as large as UD's.

Colgate had them dead to rights last year.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 10th, 2015, 09:10 AM
You're supposed to be Leopards, not copycats.

Thanks for articulating what I've been trying to articulate for several decades!

Andy
September 10th, 2015, 09:26 AM

Now the lehighs are posting rumors about the rival team. An all time low. Desperate times, eh?

Andy
September 10th, 2015, 11:40 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/43/fc/e8/43fce8b456b1c34f4a3021bf6b3e361a.jpg

Replay shows clearly out of bounds, Sid, er, Supe :)

superman7515
September 10th, 2015, 02:05 PM
Now there's something to be proud of. All the academic schools in the CAA and then there is JMU and Delaware.

You're damn right it's something to be proud of. Anyone who spent significant time in Easton should just be happy to even have an indoor bathroom facility!

Visit the historic Hooper House!
http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/easton_impact/photo/hooper-house-dd44ec87e102b76b.jpg

See the abandoned Exxon!
http://imgick.lehighvalleylive.com/home/lvlive-media/width960/img/express-times/photo/2014/01/-8059dd47a5777463.JPG

Rabies and rape all in one convenient location!
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/72/69/b3/7269b379d209eb142e8776fd08e8d170.jpg

Get all your cocaine and cocaine accessories at Skid Row!
http://www.drug-rehab-pennsylvania.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/clairtonpa.jpg

Harken back to the olden days of yore when something of value was actually produced in this town at the old Simon Silk Mill!
http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/easton_impact/photo/silk-mill-demo-39f22245bdf9ab0a.jpg

Disparaging the academics of others when you are a representative of a poor man's IUP... For shame.

Go...gate
September 10th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Easy fellas, easy. The Rams are still exuberantly imbibing in celebration of their victory over a football team that gave us this...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/05/us/west-point-pillow-fight/index.html

That's right, 30 people injured in a pillow fight at West Point, 24 suffering concussions... That's the creampuff that Fordham played in Week 1.

Has citdog seen this one? I can't wait for his take on it!

Andy
September 10th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Ah, Easton. Gettin' hungry:

http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/food_impact/photo/sette-luna-070d93e0498071a7_large.jpghttp://assets3.thrillist.com/v1/image/1256059/size/tl-horizontal_main/pennsylvania-s-10-best-restaurants-outside-of-philadelphia

LC1142
September 10th, 2015, 03:04 PM

Ram, I'm sorry but I have been to Fordham. I thought I was in a mexican border town. Absolutely the scariet place i hjave ever seen in this country. I thought I was in Juarez. I agree Newark is nothing to look at but the airport you refer to is in ne Jersey, not Delaware.
BTW, LC doesn't go to the Bronx this year (thank God). Fordham goes to Easton. All the trouble to get concealed carry and the one place you may really need it, you can't take it.

LC1142
September 10th, 2015, 03:08 PM
Ah, Easton. Gettin' hungry:

http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/food_impact/photo/sette-luna-070d93e0498071a7_large.jpghttp://assets3.thrillist.com/v1/image/1256059/size/tl-horizontal_main/pennsylvania-s-10-best-restaurants-outside-of-philadelphia

Great restaurant. Never thought I would say this but downtown Easton is pretty cool. Sette Luna, Fish market, Porters, River Grill, DeLorenzo's.. places just keep opening up.

ngineer
September 10th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Great restaurant. Never thought I would say this but downtown Easton is pretty cool. Sette Luna, Fish market, Porters, River Grill, DeLorenzo's.. places just keep opening up.

That we can agree upon. Other restaurants of note: Cherubina, Maxim's 22, Pearly Baker's , ..plus a Chee Burger, Chee Burger on Northampton St.

ngineer
September 10th, 2015, 07:10 PM
Not true, but sure makes for a good rumor. There was a scuffle between a few linemen in practice one day. Very normal. the kids were suspended for something else.

Fight was not in practice. Info from someone very close to "The Hill". I actually hope matters are taken care of. We had a problem a couple years ago with a couple players getting into a fight with a student outside of a bar. Coen dealt with it quite quickly, but it still had to have an impact in the room.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 10th, 2015, 08:11 PM
That we can agree upon. Other restaurants of note: Cherubina, Maxim's 22, Pearly Baker's , ..plus a Chee Burger, Chee Burger on Northampton St.

Cheeburger Cheeburger is the best. Better than anything Delaware has to offer.

melloware13
September 10th, 2015, 08:23 PM
Too bad we have one in Newark...

Go...gate
September 10th, 2015, 08:27 PM

The one in Princeton closed. Hoagie Haven triumphs again!

Lehigh Football Nation
September 10th, 2015, 08:33 PM
Too bad we have one in Newark...

Next to the airport? xlolx

superman7515
September 10th, 2015, 09:24 PM
Next to the airport? xlolx

If I was downwind of Carteret, Linden, and Tremley Point, like Fordham, I would probably be delusional about my football team also.

Fordham
September 10th, 2015, 09:42 PM
If I was downwind of Carteret, Linden, and Tremley Point, like Fordham, I would probably be delusional about my football team also.
Wow, you mean we're better than we think?

YoUDeeMan
September 10th, 2015, 09:55 PM

xeyebrowx

if CC is your idea of a good burger...

xflaggedx

Good grief...at least the airport guy admitted he tried to make a funny.

OK, back to Supe killin' this thread. xlolx

LC1142
September 10th, 2015, 09:56 PM
Fight was not in practice. Info from someone very close to "The Hill". I actually hope matters are taken care of. We had a problem a couple years ago with a couple players getting into a fight with a student outside of a bar. Coen dealt with it quite quickly, but it still had to have an impact in the room.
Did not happen, per my on "The Hill" source, and he would know.

superman7515
September 11th, 2015, 04:45 AM
Per a source that was once on "The Hill", it never happened.

http://a3.files.biography.com/image/upload/c_fill,cs_srgb,dpr_1.0,g_face,h_300,q_80,w_300/MTE5NTU2MzE2Mzg3MTgyMDkx.jpg

Tribe4SF
September 11th, 2015, 05:20 AM
You're damn right it's something to be proud of. Anyone who spent significant time in Easton should just be happy to even have an indoor bathroom facility!

Easton has some new development, and is a full service town now. I was there last week, and all my needs were met.

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r798/Tribe4SF/easton_zpspmiqbwpq.jpg

superman7515
September 11th, 2015, 07:13 AM
Easton has some new development, and is a full service town now. I was there last week, and all my needs were met.

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r798/Tribe4SF/easton_zpspmiqbwpq.jpg

Ya see, that's the thing... You'd think that they are trying to promote safe sex, but actually, they're just trying to prevent the further spread of the disease that is Easton. And who can blame them when you have this walking around town...

http://cdn2.list25.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Slide2210.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9ls4WECIAAa-99.jpg

http://jeffcity.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2013/05/02/Missing_Woman_Found_Dure_t670.jpg

And speaking of people being wanted by the police, no wonder the population is down about 10,000 people from what it used to be!

Violent crime rate in 2013

Easton:

U.S. Average:

http://s2.postimg.org/66n4gyh2h/Easton_PA.jpg

Do you want to become Detroit? Because that's how you become Detroit.

LC1142
September 11th, 2015, 07:56 AM
I think Joe Biden will take care of that for Newark. Much like other Democratic leaders have in other failing US cities. Joe Biden, the "pride" of U of Delaware. Geez. I feel safer staying in Baltimore than Newark.

As to Easton and the Lehigh Valley, you are welcome next year. Mountains, streams, revived downtown, resorts within an hour. Sometimes you dont know what you dont know.

Andy
September 11th, 2015, 08:49 AM

Yeah, I've heard good things about Cherubina. Supe's Easton barbs really sting because he's spent time there and left his mark: having posed as a youngin' for the statue in front of Cherubina (caution anatomically correct:

http://www.cherubinaristorante.com/images/cherubina%202015-3.jpg

superman7515
September 11th, 2015, 09:01 AM
I think Joe Biden will take care of that for Newark. Much like other Democratic leaders have in other failing US cities. Joe Biden, the "pride" of U of Delaware. Geez. I feel safer staying in Baltimore than Newark.

Remember, as soon as he's in a national election, he forgets all about Delaware and he's good ol' Blue Collar Joe from PA because he knows Pennsylvania voters are easily confused and will immediately think he's been a Senator from PA for the last 30 years.

Yeah, I've heard good things about Cherubina. Supe's Easton barbs really sting because he's spent time there and left his mark: having posed as a youngin' for the statue in front of Cherubina (caution anatomically correct:

http://www.cherubinaristorante.com/images/cherubina%202015-3.jpg

I would feign indignation and insult if it wasn't already perfectly obvious to everyone on here that what you have pictured is a lifesize statue of Grizo from a couple of months ago. If you're going to try to lob grenades, at least pull the pin first.

superman7515
September 11th, 2015, 09:03 AM
Look, I don't even know how this thread reached 10 pages. Especially now that we know LaffyTaffy is falling apart at the seams up there, fighting amongst themselves, trying to deflect their issues on to the innocent Lehigh bystanders. This game is going to be so one-sided, even PantherRob is thinking about placing a bet.

Delaware 56 - Lafayette 7

blackbeard
September 11th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Ya see, that's the thing... You'd think that they are trying to promote safe sex, but actually, they're just trying to prevent the further spread of the disease that is Easton. And who can blame them when you have this walking around town...

http://cdn2.list25.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Slide2210.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9ls4WECIAAa-99.jpg

http://jeffcity.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2013/05/02/Missing_Woman_Found_Dure_t670.jpg

And speaking of people being wanted by the police, no wonder the population is down about 10,000 people from what it used to be!

Violent crime rate in 2013

Easton:

U.S. Average:

http://s2.postimg.org/66n4gyh2h/Easton_PA.jpg

Do you want to become Detroit? Because that's how you become Detroit.

All that is needed now is a place for drive through organ donations

GannonFan
September 11th, 2015, 09:53 AM
This thread is a tour de force for supe. If there's ever a HOF ceremony for message board posting, they will rerun this thread prior to having supe come up to the podium. We are all just witnesses.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 11th, 2015, 10:25 AM
I have found epic threads involving Lafayette usually trend to epic Lafayette losses.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?148314-Lafayette-at-New-Hampshire

Andy
September 11th, 2015, 11:23 AM
The fact that Jacksonville was surely looking ahead to their match with Newberry and yet still got by Hens buoys my expectations.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 11th, 2015, 11:27 AM
The fact that Jacksonville was surely looking ahead to their match with Newberry and yet still got by Hens buoys my expectations.

However, Lafayette may be looking ahead to how they're going to pull defeat out of the jaws of victory vs. Princeton yet again.

Andy
September 11th, 2015, 11:44 AM
However, Lafayette may be looking ahead to how they're going to pull defeat out of the jaws of victory vs. Princeton yet again.

Absolutely, the Dolphs' win has taken a lot of steam out of this game; Pards susceptible to trap game scenario. LFN, you're an authority on this type stuff: could Pards Sagarin actually drop with a close win over UD?

Lehigh Football Nation
September 11th, 2015, 12:12 PM
Absolutely, the Dolphs' win has taken a lot of steam out of this game; Pards susceptible to trap game scenario. LFN, you're an authority on this type stuff: could Pards Sagarin actually drop with a close win over UD?

Pretty sure it depends on Newberry's strength of schedule. They have some very tough road games ahead against Carson-Newman and Catawba, so in some mathematical respects they might end up above Delaware in the Simple Ratings System if they come out ahead and upset Jacksonville.

superman7515
September 11th, 2015, 12:32 PM

Please! No one looks ahead when they have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to step onto Tubby Raymond Field and bask in radiant glow of "The Legend Killer" Dave Brock Lesnar. If it wasn't for Dave sleeping in until the fourth quarter because he had been out late the night before "entertaining" the mothers of the Jacksonville players, sometimes three or four times in a row, then Delaware wins that game handily. I told you earlier, you get the call to come play at Delaware Stadium, that's a red panty night. You know you've hit the big time and your program has finally arrived. That's a get the Brazilian wax, find the warming or tingling lotion of your choice, put on a Miracle Bra, and hold on for the Cowtown Rodeo ride kinda night.

I'll give Andy this much, he tries... He doesn't catch up, but he tries. If Lafayette even gets on the bus to make the trip to Delaware (and let's be honest, there's no guarantee that they will, the emusculating hit to their pride will probably cost 3x more in long-term erectile dysfunction treatment and medication than they will possibly make from the game) they will shoot up the Sagarin ratings faster than NoDak4Ever's blood pressure at a Tea Party rally on a Halliburton oil field to support UND keeping the Fighting Sioux nickname.

Andy
September 11th, 2015, 12:36 PM
This thread is a tour de force for supe. If there's ever a HOF ceremony for message board posting, they will rerun this thread prior to having supe come up to the podium. We are all just witnesses.

Amen and LC fans get to suffer the wit and wisdom 2 more times!

Andy
September 11th, 2015, 01:27 PM
I'll give Andy this much, he tries... He doesn't catch up, but he tries. If Lafayette even gets on the bus to make the trip to Delaware (and let's be honest, there's no guarantee that they will, the emusculating hit to their pride will probably cost 3x more in long-term erectile dysfunction treatment and medication than they will possibly make from the game) they will shoot up the Sagarin ratings faster than NoDak4Ever's blood pressure at a Tea Party rally on a Halliburton oil field to support UND keeping the Fighting Sioux nickname.

I think this has to be said with humble sincerity on this open forum: the Leopards thought they were fulfilling their Patriot League obligation to "schedule up" when they agreed to this series. Apologies, gentlemen, apologies...

melloware13
September 11th, 2015, 01:43 PM

As to Easton and the Lehigh Valley, you are welcome next year. Mountains, streams, revived downtown, resorts within an hour. Sometimes you dont know what you dont know.

Do not invite more tourists to Monroe County, that's my territory. That being said, Blue Hens are welcome up in the real mountains of eastern PA.

superman7515
September 11th, 2015, 01:56 PM
I think this has to be said with humble sincerity on this open forum: the Leopards thought they were fulfilling their Patriot League obligation to "schedule up" when they agreed to this series. Apologies, gentlemen, apologies...

Please, Laffy schedules up if they get lucky enough to have Millersville on the schedule. Any team with a losing record against Rhode Island, VMI, and Moravian should give serious consideration to leaving the Patriot League for the Heritage Conference and see if they have better luck squaring off against Saltsburg and Blairsville.

melloware13
September 11th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Please, Laffy schedules up if they get lucky enough to have Millersville on the schedule. Any team with a losing record against Rhode Island, VMI, and Moravian should give serious consideration to leaving the Patriot League for the Heritage Conference and see if they have better luck squaring off against Saltsburg and Blairsville.
Cheyney might be scheduling up for the Leopards

BisonFan02
September 11th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Please! No one looks ahead when they have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to step onto Tubby Raymond Field and bask in radiant glow of "The Legend Killer" Dave Brock Lesnar. If it wasn't for Dave sleeping in until the fourth quarter because he had been out late the night before "entertaining" the mothers of the Jacksonville players, sometimes three or four times in a row, then Delaware wins that game handily. I told you earlier, you get the call to come play at Delaware Stadium, that's a red panty night. You know you've hit the big time and your program has finally arrived. That's a get the Brazilian wax, find the warming or tingling lotion of your choice, put on a Miracle Bra, and hold on for the Cowtown Rodeo ride kinda night.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2871481/lamont-spit-o.gif

KillaBee
September 11th, 2015, 02:26 PM
All Chickens,
I hope you are on here after the chickens lose Saturday!!!!!!!

superman7515
September 11th, 2015, 03:11 PM
All Chickens,
I hope you are on here after the chickens lose Saturday!!!!!!!

Stick to music videos Bee, football just ain't your thing.

http://theprowlingkind.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/blind-melon-bee-girl.jpg

caribbeanhen
September 11th, 2015, 04:46 PM
wow Superman Dawned his cape for this thread

CHIP72
September 11th, 2015, 04:55 PM

On a slightly related side note, Millersville (D2 PSAC school) lost to D3 Ursinus last week. (The guys on the PSAC board at the Division II football message boards were apoplectic about that.)

I may be the only person on here besides superman715 who knows where Blairsville and Saltsburg are located (and in my case, have been in both towns). I still think Lafayette would take IUP though but it would probably be a good battle.

Engineer86
September 11th, 2015, 04:58 PM
Look, I don't even know how this thread reached 10 pages. Especially now that we know LaffyTaffy is falling apart at the seams up there, fighting amongst themselves, trying to deflect their issues on to the innocent Lehigh bystanders. This game is going to be so one-sided, even PantherRob is thinking about placing a bet.

Delaware 56 - Lafayette 7

Really? It is Lafayette! How quickly you forget the LC UNH thread

ngineer
September 11th, 2015, 06:57 PM
Supe is always on the menu..

superman7515
September 11th, 2015, 09:50 PM
Supe is always on the menu..

And don't you ladies forget it.

Pard4Life
September 11th, 2015, 09:55 PM
Ram, I'm sorry but I have been to Fordham. I thought I was in a mexican border town. Absolutely the scariet place i hjave ever seen in this country. I thought I was in Juarez. I agree Newark is nothing to look at but the airport you refer to is in ne Jersey, not Delaware.
BTW, LC doesn't go to the Bronx this year (thank God). Fordham goes to Easton. All the trouble to get concealed carry and the one place you may really need it, you can't take it.

Found Lafayette's Trump supporter.

The Bronx is fine... unless you come from Mountain Top or north of Route 80... then it's scary.

Downtown is Easton is also fine. All the kids used to be scared of downtown Easton... remember, these were white suburban kids who had never heard of or been to Camden or the other Newark.

Pard4Life
September 11th, 2015, 09:57 PM
Delaware 69, Lafayette 7

... Frank suspends ten guys en route to the game for not wearing the proper tie.

superman7515
September 11th, 2015, 10:20 PM
Delaware 69, Lafayette 7

... Frank suspends ten guys en route to the game for not wearing the proper tie.

It's about damn time someone from the other side started making some sense in here and bringing some thoughtful and rational points to the conversation. I've been trying to explain things in as monosyllabic a manner as possible so that any Bucknell fans who ventured in by accident while attempting to enter their electronic time cards at Domino's could follow along, but you can only walk them so far down the path before you have to see if they can manage to stay balanced on the tricycle on their own without impaling themselves on a fence post.

BucBisonAtLarge
September 12th, 2015, 12:36 AM
A brief review of the CAA pickem thread has the Pards winning at the Tub. Your league peers have lost faith-- dark days in the shire with a guano-based economy. Bring back those West Chester games.

superman7515
September 12th, 2015, 06:42 AM
Oh, speak of the Devil and he shall appear, look what we have here. BucBison was up late, he couldn't sleep because he wandered down to the Old Town Salsa Fiesta yesterday and he's now experiencing, in the word's of Johnny Cash, the burning ring of fire. Don't worry BB, it's nothing compared to shaft we're about to give LaffyTaffy. No spit, no lube, just cold-rolled steel. Take it easy at the Chris Brown concert tonight, I know you think he's singing just to you and it gets you a little "AtLarge", but it's not healthy to keep sending him the letters you've been writing, you're starting to sound like "Stan" on Eminem's Marshall Mathers LP.

At least in Albuquerque you don't ever have to worry about LC visiting.

Pard4Life
September 12th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Oh, speak of the Devil and he shall appear, look what we have here. BucBison was up late, he couldn't sleep because he wandered down to the Old Town Salsa Fiesta yesterday and he's now experiencing, in the word's of Johnny Cash, the burning ring of fire. Don't worry BB, it's nothing compared to shaft we're about to give LaffyTaffy. No spit, no lube, just cold-rolled steel. Take it easy at the Chris Brown concert tonight, I know you think he's singing just to you and it gets you a little "AtLarge", but it's not healthy to keep sending him the letters you've been writing, you're starting to sound like "Stan" on Eminem's Marshall Mathers LP.

At least in Albuquerque you don't ever have to worry about LC visiting.

LaffyTaffy? Now I'm offended. There is no sweetness to be had in Sleazston. The PC police taking over the curriculum... Greek houses being confiscated for red solo cups on the ground and mentioning inviting 'females' to hosted events... football players being suspended for acting like college students. You are athletes, not students! WE ARE... LAUGHEYETTE! WE ARE...!!

Pard4Life
September 12th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Newsflash: Delaware's starting offense tonight... the short blonde has a better arm than Joe Walker... and I revise my score... Delaware 84, Lafayette 21

https://givecorps.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/redactor_rails/picture/data/1148/team_1.jpg

Pard4Life
September 12th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Depends on how you come in. Assuming you're coming from the Valley, you can get off Exit 3 off 95 to 273 N and take 4 W to gate G, grass parking. Other option is take Exit 1B to 896 N to gate D, which leads to both paved and grass parking. HC parking is gate F from 4 (so take exit 3). Here's the parking map:
http://www.bluehens.com/fls/29100/pdf/ticketoffice/AthleticsParkingMap-rev5.pdf?&SPSID=670302&SPID=110418&DB_OEM_ID=29100

Do all of the single game parking cost anything?

Pards Rule
September 12th, 2015, 12:14 PM
I will be going! Charcoal Pit after the game!

superman7515
September 12th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Newsflash: Delaware's starting offense tonight... the short blonde has a better arm than Joe Walker... and I revise my score... Delaware 84, Lafayette 21

https://givecorps.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/redactor_rails/picture/data/1148/team_1.jpg

Better arm... yes... exactly what I was thinking...

Andy
September 12th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Sensing a touch of nervous desperation underlying these posts from the Supester...welcome to the new normal, baby! Pards Roll!

(either way I get a new building, right?)

superman7515
September 12th, 2015, 12:27 PM
Do all of the single game parking cost anything?

Yes, better off just parking a block away and walking over.

I will be going! Charcoal Pit after the game!

Jesus Christ man, I thought you guys were kidding when you bragged about Cheeburger Cheeburger. If you'll eat that slop at Charcoal Pit, save yourself the time of backtracking up Kirkwood Highway and just stop at the Fuddruckers at I-95 & Churchmans near the mall.

Sensing a touch of nervous desperation underlying these posts from the Supester...welcome to the new normal, baby! Pards Roll!

(either way I get a new building, right?)

Nothing nervous about it my man, it will be nice to get that first W in over 10 months. Just hoping the weather holds, thunderstorms are in the forecast starting around 4 pm with a 90% chance at 6 pm, some possibly severe. You guys must have been talking to your Villanova friends and asking for prayers from the Pope to have this game cancelled. You're not getting out of it that easily Lepers.

Andy
September 12th, 2015, 12:29 PM

i've been wondering about the threshold violation for Frank suspending/not suspending. Kind of settled on not covering the mouth when coughing. We're in the same ballpark.

Pards Rule
September 12th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Yes, better off just parking a block away and walking over.

Jesus Christ man, I thought you guys were kidding when you bragged about Cheeburger Cheeburger. If you'll eat that slop at Charcoal Pit, save yourself the time of backtracking up Kirkwood Highway and just stop at the Fuddruckers at I-95 & Churchmans near the mall.

Nothing nervous about it my man, it will be nice to get that first W in over 10 months. Just hoping the weather holds, thunderstorms are in the forecast starting around 4 pm with a 90% chance at 6 pm, some possibly severe. You guys must have been talking to your Villanova friends and asking for prayers from the Pope to have this game cancelled. You're not getting out of it that easily Lepers.

A friend just called me from Macys and said that people there were getting txt that games are being cancelled in advance of the forecast. What do you hear?

Andy
September 12th, 2015, 12:33 PM
Yeah the weather forecast was my deciding factor on not making the trip. ESPN3

sorry PR, that was in response to supe's post. Might it be cancelled?

superman7515
September 12th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Not getting anything about the game being cancelled or delayed as of this time, but they are planning for thunderstorms. The Richmond/Hampton game is about to go into a weather emergency alert themselves. Hopefully the game isn't moved to tomorrow. At least there isn't an Eagles home game this weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

A friend just called me from Macys and said that people there were getting txt that games are being cancelled in advance of the forecast. What do you hear?

Could be high school. I have no idea why, but there are high schools in northern Delaware that play on Saturdays. Never heard of that until I moved up here, haha.

Pards Rule
September 12th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Not getting anything about the game being cancelled or delayed as of this time, but they are planning for thunderstorms. The Richmond/Hampton game is about to go into a weather emergency alert themselves. Hopefully the game isn't moved to tomorrow. At least there isn't an Eagles home game this weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Could be high school. I have no idea why, but there are high schools in northern Delaware that play on Saturdays. Never heard of that until I moved up here, haha.

Yeah I asked and it was not known. I recall the Pard win at William and Mary was delayed at half for quite some time due to weather. I wasn't there but watched on internet. Last time I was at UD was the fantastic 2004 playoff game.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 12th, 2015, 12:50 PM
This weather thing has really killed supe's momentum, but I'm confident that he can finish strong and bring the heat the rest of the way.

superman7515
September 12th, 2015, 01:08 PM
This weather thing has really killed supe's momentum, but I'm confident that he can finish strong and bring the heat the rest of the way.

Haha, it's hard to be semi-informative and not a total douche while still maintaining my heel streak here. There's a delicate balance. Much like the delicate situation the Lafayette football team now finds themselves. They're scared of this game. They know it. Delaware knows it. The fans know it. They've been doing rain dances, investing heavily in cloud seeding technology, and working hand-in-hand with the Chinese government in an attempt to learn some weather control tactics. They've pulled out all the stops in an attempt to get the game cancelled or at least slow down the Fightin' Blue Hens ground game, but to no avail. They're too close to get out of this game, they'll just end up coming back tomorrow, and while it won't be the ass-whipping they need, it will be the ass-whipping they deserve Lieutenant Gordon. We've done everything we can to get those cowards to come down to Newark; we refused to take a transfer quarterback, or any quarterback, with any modicum of football knowledge in the least; we had our star wide receiver arrested; we leaked the schedule of our star runningback to Frank Tavani so he could do his best Tonya Harding impression and disable him for the season with a leg injury; we're playing 10 freshmen... And still Lafayette's players and fans are shaking like a B-list actress trying to steady a spoonful of quaalude Jello at Bill Cosby's house. Well swallow now or swallow later Leopards, you're still going to wake up tomorrow with no idea what happened, a queasy feeling in your stomach, and no movie contract.

Thunderstorm warning? You're about to get a baby shower!
http://hugelolcdn.com/i/247472.gif

Lehigh Football Nation
September 12th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Haha, it's hard to be semi-informative and not a total douche while still maintaining my heel streak here. There's a delicate balance. Much like the delicate situation the Lafayette football team now finds themselves. They're scared of this game. They know it. Delaware knows it. The fans know it. They've been doing rain dances, investing heavily in cloud seeding technology, and working hand-in-hand with the Chinese government in an attempt to learn some weather control tactics. They've pulled out all the stops in an attempt to get the game cancelled or at least slow down the Fightin' Blue Hens ground game, but to no avail. They're too close to get out of this game, they'll just end up coming back tomorrow, and while it won't be the ass-whipping they need, it will be the ass-whipping they deserve Lieutenant Gordon. We've done everything we can to get those cowards to come down to Newark; we refused to take a transfer quarterback, or any quarterback, with any modicum of football knowledge in the least; we had our star wide receiver arrested; we leaked the schedule of our star runningback to Frank Tavani so he could do his best Tonya Harding impression and disable him for the season with a leg injury; we're playing 10 freshmen... And still Lafayette's players and fans are shaking like a B-list actress trying to steady a spoonful of quaalude Jello at Bill Cosby's house. Well swallow now or swallow later Leopards, you're still going to wake up tomorrow with no idea what happened, a queasy feeling in your stomach, and no movie contract.

And to think I doubted you, supe.... Never again.

carney2
September 12th, 2015, 03:06 PM
No cancellation at this time. The worst part of a severe storm moving into the area is forecast for 6:00-7:00.

Pard4Life
September 12th, 2015, 04:38 PM
This is comical... not raining on 95, exit the highway and drive a mile: downpour

Model Citizen
September 13th, 2015, 01:10 AM
This means Lafayette will be getting votes in the next poll, doesn't it?

AshevilleApp2
September 13th, 2015, 01:28 AM

Cap'n Cat'esque!

caribbeanhen
September 13th, 2015, 09:15 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to superman7515 again.

You dont miss nothing, thanks for catching my big day! haha

superman7515
September 13th, 2015, 10:44 AM
So after the lightning delays, we come back out for some more football, and I would be willing to make a very very large wager that there were probably 700 or fewer fans left in the entire stadium. I would like to give a special shout out to Frank Tavani for having security and the police called on the fans in our section because the cheering was upsetting to his players. After security talked to the first fan and he insisted that since he wasn't using foul language, threats, or throwing anything they either needed to arrest him or get out of his way because he wasn't going to stop cheering, security was put in a bit of a pickle. Officer Saville, who had stayed at the bottom of the steps, laughed and said he didn't even understand why Tavani had called him there and they weren't going to do anything, at which point they left and the fans went back to getting on Tavani's nerves.

So thanks Lafayette, that was a first for me, haha.

http://s26.postimg.org/twnzaafpk/IMG_4619.jpg

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2015, 12:32 PM
This means Lafayette will be getting votes in the next poll, doesn't it?

No, but Lehigh will continue to get votes this week.

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2015, 12:40 PM
So after the lightning delays, we come back out for some more football, and I would be willing to make a very very large wager that there were probably 700 or fewer fans left in the entire stadium. I would like to give a special shout out to Frank Tavani for having security and the police called on the fans in our section because the cheering was upsetting to his players. After security talked to the first fan and he insisted that since he wasn't using foul language, threats, or throwing anything they either needed to arrest him or get out of his way because he wasn't going to stop cheering, security was put in a bit of a pickle. Officer Saville, who had stayed at the bottom of the steps, laughed and said he didn't even understand why Tavani had called him there and they weren't going to do anything, at which point they left and the fans went back to getting on Tavani's nerves.

So thanks Lafayette, that was a first for me, haha.

http://s26.postimg.org/twnzaafpk/IMG_4619.jpg

For real!!

Don't blame Tavani... it's not his fault he's a bad coach. You are simply telling him what the Lafayette administrators and fans are too indifferent to say. I applaud your hauranguing of our coach. I'm sorry that I left and could not join you in doing so myself.

We don't have real fans any more so he probably forgot what a crowd is supposed to do... we are all so demoralized that anything that goes wrong I say "whelp, that's the game... back to the tailgate."

PS were you REALLY not using foul or suggestive language? seriously?

Pards Rule
September 13th, 2015, 02:05 PM
Rain was incredible in first quarter. My Pard got drenched. I actually had to wring him out Carney more than a few times. There were waterfalls cascading down the stands. And then the hour delay at halftime due to lightning in area. One thing I know: don't fumble on your 2 against any CAA opponent. That said I was proud of some decisive stands by the defense. I did return for the 2nd half. Thankfully there was no more rain except a quick downpour as we were entering stadium after the game was ready to restart.

superman7515
September 13th, 2015, 02:29 PM
PS were you REALLY not using foul or suggestive language? seriously?

Hand on a bible, in a copper suit, in a lightning storm.

The Section L chants are...
"Stone hands, stone hands, stone hands... Throw him a brick!" - When a receiver drops a pass
"Who got the ball back? BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE!" - To the "Who let the dogs out" tune when UD recovers a fumble
"Whoomp, up side the head, said whoomp upside the head! Whoomp, up side the head, said whoomp upside the head!" - When there's a big hit.
"Move the chains, move the chains, move the chains, huh! That's a first down!" - When UD gets a first down (Start off with, "I hate to beat a dead horse, but..." if UD strings several together)
"Drop the chains, drop the chains, drop the chains, huh! That's a first down!" - UD gets a first and goal

There's a few more, but you get the gist of how high school simple they are. It's not like you heckle a specific kid about how good his mom was or something. Tavani literally had the police come to our section for that kind of thing and then got mad with the CSC Event Staff security people when they said there was nothing they could do about it.

Pards Rule
September 13th, 2015, 03:48 PM

"Stone hands, stone hands, stone hands... Throw him a brick!" - When a receiver drops a pass
"Who got the ball back? BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE!" - To the "Who let the dogs out" tune when UD recovers a fumble
"Whoomp, up side the head, said whoomp upside the head! Whoomp, up side the head, said whoomp upside the head!" - When there's a big hit.
"Move the chains, move the chains, move the chains, huh! That's a first down!" - When UD gets a first down (Start off with, "I hate to beat a dead horse, but..." if UD strings several together)
"Drop the chains, drop the chains, drop the chains, huh! That's a first down!" - UD gets a first and goal

There's a few more, but you get the gist of how high school simple they are. It's not like you heckle a specific kid about how good his mom was or something. Tavani literally had the police come to our section for that kind of thing and then got mad with the CSC Event Staff security people when they said there was nothing they could do about it.

So is that why there was a chunk of Blue Hens on the visitors side. I was wondering. I was right on the end zone line first section (nearest scoreboard) and ironically I recall I sat in the exact opposite side and space for the 2004 playoff game. Im perplexed as to why any coach would bother with fan catcalls, especially when the crowd was so limited and drenched. I watched the 4th quarter with Brandon Bryants (number 33) folks right down in the box near midfield I believe and we were fairly close I assume to section L at that point with the game undecided and I didn't hear anything?

Lehigh Football Nation
September 13th, 2015, 11:19 PM
Seriously, mods, how can I rep this game thread just a bit more?

superman7515
September 14th, 2015, 06:19 AM
So is that why there was a chunk of Blue Hens on the visitors side. I was wondering. I was right on the end zone line first section (nearest scoreboard) and ironically I recall I sat in the exact opposite side and space for the 2004 playoff game. Im perplexed as to why any coach would bother with fan catcalls, especially when the crowd was so limited and drenched. I watched the 4th quarter with Brandon Bryants (number 33) folks right down in the box near midfield I believe and we were fairly close I assume to section L at that point with the game undecided and I didn't hear anything?

I don't think there really is a visitors side, so to speak, more like a visitors section. The majority of the visiting teams fans seem to usually be seated in Section I. I started out there many years ago up in the nosebleed section when I first got season tickets, now thanks to the attrition from the UDAF, I'm row 3 on the 40 yard line in Section L. And as for why Tavani took it so seriously, I have no idea. I am only relaying what the event security staff and officer told us, that they were called to come talk to our section by the Lafayette coach because it was upsetting to his players, haha. We've never had it happen before, so I can't say she's lying and was just coming up with an excuse to scold the fans, because they've never been concerned with it prior to this. Now, if they try it again at the next home game and blame Laycock, I will owe him an apology because then it will be obvious they're just full of crap. But as it stands right now, all we could do was laugh. I hope the guy never goes to a Yankees game and sits near the Bleacher Creatures, they'll destroy him. It was early in the third quarter, so if you didn't come over until the fourth, we had pretty much died down by then, not a lot of excitement in the game. Heck, one of the Lafayette players got injured in the fourth quarter and you could have heard a pin drop in that stadium, there just wasn't anyone left in there. The only guy who seemed to have a lot of enthusiasm left was a Lafayette fan who yelled, "Don't you drop that ball!" a couple of times to the punter and successfully put the jinx on him, as sure enough, he dropped the ball and Lafayette recovered deep in UD territory, haha.

caribbeanhen
September 14th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Tavani should of just been happy there where vocal fans there, is he really this stupid? He made my watch list after reading this thread.

carney2
September 14th, 2015, 11:08 AM
The only thing that makes sense to me would be that someone in the stands was abusing the Brian Keller tragedy. But Supie says not so. Anyway, God knows that Frank has his faults, but getting into it with vocal fans has never been one of them. Sounds out of character.

BucBisonAtLarge
September 14th, 2015, 11:23 AM
I am sure the CAA is heating the oil now for their batter-dipped pollo. The mighty Hen conquest of Spot won't leave many trembling.

Balloon Fiesta is the first week of October. Ese,bienvenidos a Albuquerque. We celebrate hot air bags. Our tailgating that week goes on at 4am...

superman7515
September 14th, 2015, 11:33 AM
The only thing that makes sense to me would be that someone in the stands was abusing the Brian Keller tragedy. But Supie says not so. Anyway, God knows that Frank has his faults, but getting into it with vocal fans has never been one of them. Sounds out of character.

Again, only going on what we were told, haha. If someone said something like that, she was sent to the wrong section, because we're loud, but nothing over the top.

BTW: You need to start paying your assistants more, the one poor fella apparently couldn't afford a jacket, or a poncho, or a tall kitchen bag... xlolx

KillaBee
September 14th, 2015, 01:17 PM
Rain was incredible in first quarter. My Pard got drenched. I actually had to wring him out Carney more than a few times. There were waterfalls cascading down the stands. And then the hour delay at halftime due to lightning in area. One thing I know: don't fumble on your 2 against any CAA opponent. That said I was proud of some decisive stands by the defense. I did return for the 2nd half. Thankfully there was no more rain except a quick downpour as we were entering stadium after the game was ready to restart.

NICE TO MEET YA !!!!!

Pards Rule
September 14th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Again, only going on what we were told, haha. If someone said something like that, she was sent to the wrong section, because we're loud, but nothing over the top.

BTW: You need to start paying your assistants more, the one poor fella apparently couldn't afford a jacket, or a poncho, or a tall kitchen bag... xlolx

Hey they could have borrowed my black trash bag which I scooped up in the UD tailgate area I walked through (grassy area in front of stadium) about the half hour before kickoff. It had some paper plates n it but I emptied it and used it like a shawl. Worked alright and then a Pard fan sitting near me in Section HE 10 (my seat) gave me an extra clear poncho she had. I truly doubt that Hen fans would have been hollering about the Keller tragedy - I don't know of any fans that in their right minds would do that. All the Hen fans I met (I was invited into a little tent in the grass area by a nice gentleman and got food and drink offers) were very accommodating and quite nice. I look forward to my return trip in 2 years.

superman7515
September 14th, 2015, 02:13 PM
I truly doubt that Hen fans would have been hollering about the Keller tragedy - I don't know of any fans that in their right minds would do that.

I doubt it as well, but for an entirely different reason. I had to Google it to know what Carney was speaking of and I pay attention to FCS football quite a bit more than the average fan who shows up on Saturday, while I would like to think none of the fans would say that, I also doubt very much anyone had heard of it. Not trying to trivialize it in the least, just saying it's not common knowledge in Newark.

Pards Rule
September 14th, 2015, 02:16 PM
I doubt it as well, but for an entirely different reason. I had to Google it to know what Carney was speaking of and I pay attention to FCS football quite a bit more than the average fan who shows up on Saturday, while I would like to think none of the fans would say that, I also doubt very much anyone had heard of it. Not trying to trivialize it in the least, just saying it's not common knowledge in Newark.

Even truer. I wouldn't expect UD fans to know of that fatal auto accident in late June way up in Florence, NJ. I think the assistant coach without protective gear was one Stan Clayton, the OL coach, former Penn Stater and NFL player.

Andy
September 14th, 2015, 02:34 PM
I look forward to my return trip in 2 years.

Three years, brother.

Hey, all that plastic and you couldn't keep the Pard dry? Priorities...?

Just a note: next year Delaware, Princeton, Villanova, Army. (sweating emogi)

superman7515
September 14th, 2015, 03:56 PM
For anyone interested in watching a replay...

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2641502/

Pards Rule
September 14th, 2015, 07:19 PM
Well he needed a bath. There still was hot choc residue on him from #150

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2015, 07:28 PM
HA! Pards Rule, you won the fan of the year award... using a trash bag, that had trash in it.. For a shawl to see a football game.

I was thinking of the same strategy but said: "how desperate are you?" Apparently I am not a real fan here.

Supe: you can hear a pin drop at Fisher during most home games, with 8500 in the stands. Pards felt at home.

And yeah.. about not paying assistants... um...

Andy
September 14th, 2015, 07:29 PM
For anyone interested in watching a replay...

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2641502/

All out of Rolaids. Enjoy watching your young team mature, Supe. See you next year.

Pards Rule
September 15th, 2015, 10:42 AM
HA! Pards Rule, you won the fan of the year award... using a trash bag, that had trash in it.. For a shawl to see a football game.

I was thinking of the same strategy but said: "how desperate are you?" Apparently I am not a real fan here.

Supe: you can hear a pin drop at Fisher during most home games, with 8500 in the stands. Pards felt at home.

And yeah.. about not paying assistants... um...

Thank you! Yes, I was that desperate!

superman7515
March 28th, 2016, 10:08 PM
F$%& you guys...

23 weeks.

superman7515
July 28th, 2016, 07:49 PM
43 days....

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6ZsVBnM4HSZX5tDO/giphy.gif

caribbeanhen
July 29th, 2016, 06:29 AM

Supe, just tell me you and crew will be headed up for an encore with Coach Tavani... haha.... he deserves it for calling security on diehard fans at a game in a monsoon

POD Knows
July 29th, 2016, 07:05 AM
I read this entire thread, I wasn't a member of this site when this was going on. This is hilarious stuff, pure gold.

Anthony215
July 29th, 2016, 08:09 AM
Lafayette was terrible last year and Delaware was pretty bad offensively so hopefully this years game will produce more scoring and excitement.

Pard4Life
July 31st, 2016, 11:27 PM
Umbrella's permitted:
- Papal Visit security checkpoint
- Democratic Convention Secret Service checkpoint

Umbrella's not permitted:
- Delaware Stadium

superman7515
August 1st, 2016, 04:32 AM
Umbrella's permitted:

- Delaware Stadium

Blessed by the hand of God to even glimpse, unobstructed view a necessity:
- Delaware Stadium

Every day, run of the mill, tedious situations where viewing is neither important, nor even really on the same plane of existence as being present at goose-bump inducing, awe-inspiring Delaware Stadium:
- Visit by the Pope
- Historic U.S. elections

KillaBee
August 1st, 2016, 08:46 AM
This will be a great game, I do hope it is more exciting than the monsoon last year. I'm sure I wont be told by security to stop cheering so loudly, like last year. I could'nt understand the reasoning, because i was not yelling obscenities, merely cheering for a team.

I guess the Hen security tries to win by all means..

superman7515
August 1st, 2016, 10:40 AM
This will be a great game, I do hope it is more exciting than the monsoon last year. I'm sure I wont be told by security to stop cheering so loudly, like last year. I could'nt understand the reasoning, because i was not yelling obscenities, merely cheering for a team.

I guess the Hen security tries to win by all means..

You'll shut your whore mouth when you enter our house.

It's time for all you over-weight, out of shape, Pennsylvania pencil necked geeks to button your lips, open your eyes, and take a look at a real football team. Hit the music...

Pard4Life
August 2nd, 2016, 09:15 AM
You'll shut your whore mouth when you enter our house.

It's time for all you over-weight, out of shape, Pennsylvania pencil necked geeks to button your lips, open your eyes, and take a look at a real football team. Hit the music...

KillaBee, must have been Lafayette ushers. As you know, at Fisher, you are supposed to applaud lightly with your wool lambskin driving gloves upon any Lafayette success. Loud rooting is only for those rowdy Squawkers.

PAllen
August 2nd, 2016, 09:29 AM
Umbrella's permitted:

- Delaware Stadium

Ever sat directly behind someone with an umbrella at a game? You can't see $#it and your legs get all wet from the rain running off of their umbrella onto you.

KillaBee
August 3rd, 2016, 06:52 AM
Great to see you Pard..

KillaBee, must have been Lafayette ushers. As you know, at Fisher, you are supposed to applaud lightly with your wool lambskin driving gloves upon any Lafayette success. Loud rooting is only for those rowdy Squawkers.

superman7515
September 4th, 2016, 08:36 PM
Fire up the Tinder, ladies, I'm heading to Easton!

I know, I know, everyone wants to ride Space Mountain! But while I don't discriminate, I do regulate, so if you want a chance with the stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss stealing, wheelin' & dealing son of gun, you better bring the A game. This could be your big break, a chance to finally break on through to the other side, where the men don't bust out the nice Sunday flannel for your date night trip to Walmart, and our contributions to the world expand beyond the Sally Jesse Raphael show.

It's like a dream come true gals, thousands of red-blooded Delaware men descending upon your village; you must feel like Andromeda, faced with the Cetus that is a lifetime in Easton, but then you hear Perseus is coming. You fellas are gonna need to install another lane on I-78 for all the women coming from every hill and dale for miles, trying to latch on to Delaware men.

Bill
September 4th, 2016, 09:09 PM
But while I don't discriminate, I do regulate,

Big Pun salutes you!

Schism55
September 4th, 2016, 09:51 PM
I'm not a player, I just crush a lot

Ivytalk
September 5th, 2016, 06:54 AM
Fire up the Tinder, ladies, I'm heading to Easton!

I know, I know, everyone wants to ride Space Mountain! But while I don't discriminate, I do regulate, so if you want a chance with the stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss stealing, wheelin' & dealing son of gun, you better bring the A game. This could be your big break, a chance to finally break on through to the other side, where the men don't bust out the nice Sunday flannel for your date night trip to Walmart, and our contributions to the world expand beyond the Sally Jesse Raphael show.

It's like a dream come true gals, thousands of red-blooded Delaware men descending upon your village; you must feel like Andromeda, faced with the Cetus that is a lifetime in Easton, but then you hear Perseus is coming. You fellas are gonna need to install another lane on I-78 for all the women coming from every hill and dale for miles, trying to latch on to Delaware men.
Parking should be at quite a premium in Easton this weekend!:D

superman7515
September 6th, 2016, 05:39 AM
On a serious note, restaurant recommendations for Saturday? TripAdvisor recommends Marblehead Chowder House as the #1 restaurant in the area, but a little farther down the list is Two Rivers Brewing, and that looks like it has potential as well.

Andy
September 6th, 2016, 02:40 PM
On a serious note, restaurant recommendations for Saturday? TripAdvisor recommends Marblehead Chowder House as the #1 restaurant in the area, but a little farther down the list is Two Rivers Brewing, and that looks like it has potential as well.

Supe, recommendations from our friends Laura and Paul at the Inn:

http://www.lafayetteinn.com/restaurants.htm

My wife and I are regulars at Sette Luna, 2 mins from campus on Ferry Street. Maybe a caprese app, Tre Colour or arugala salad, wood fired pizza. Good stuff.

Two Rivers is fairly new. The food is reputed to be good and now they also are serving their own micro brews. Cool renovated building. Only on-street parking.

2 blocks further west on Northampton is Porters Pub. Good food, nice people, great beer selection. On-street parking.

http://www.porterspubeaston.com/

For the game, just park on the streets adjacent to the stadium. Forget on-campus parking.

College Hill Tavern after (and or before) the game, 2 blocks from stadium. Good club sandwich, burger, fries, wings. New owners. New layout. Same Guinness.

So, good food choices. The nausea you'll feel will be from the game outcome.

https://campusmap.lafayette.edu/

superman7515
September 6th, 2016, 04:12 PM

https://i.imgur.com/eLlcZ2a.gif

The first one is free Andy... BTW: Tell one of your mods to finally accept my username over at the Lafayette board, punks!

Bogus Megapardus
September 6th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Tell one of your mods to finally accept my username over at the Lafayette board, punks!

I'm pleased to announce that superman7515 appears to be registered as a member of the Lafayette Message Board.

http://lafayettesports.myfreeforum.org/memberlist.php?mode=joined&order=ASC&start=300

Bogus Megapardus
September 6th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Supe, recommendations from our friends Laura and Paul at the Inn:

http://www.lafayetteinn.com/restaurants.htm

My wife and I are regulars at Sette Luna, 2 mins from campus on Ferry Street. Maybe a caprese app, Tre Colour or arugala salad, wood fired pizza. Good stuff.

Two Rivers is fairly new. The food is reputed to be good and now they also are serving their own micro brews. Cool renovated building. Only on-street parking.

2 blocks further west on Northampton is Porters Pub. Good food, nice people, great beer selection. On-street parking.

http://www.porterspubeaston.com/

For the game, just park on the streets adjacent to the stadium. Forget on-campus parking.

College Hill Tavern after (and or before) the game, 2 blocks from stadium. Good club sandwich, burger, fries, wings. New owners. New layout. Same Guinness.

I would add Valenca on Center Square for a terrific dinner and a very nice atmosphere. http://valencaonthesquare.com/

If the College Hill Tavern is packed to the gills before the game (which it will be), try Milo's Place a couple of blocks south on Cattell Street. You can at least get a shot and a beer plus pizza, sandwiches, etc.

superman7515
September 6th, 2016, 06:46 PM
I would add Valenca on Center Square for a terrific dinner and a very nice atmosphere. http://valencaonthesquare.com/

If the College Hill Tavern is packed to the gills before the game (which it will be), try Milo's Place a couple of blocks south on Cattell Street. You can at least get a shot and a beer plus pizza, sandwiches, etc.

That "steak on a stone" has got my attention.

Andy
September 6th, 2016, 07:08 PM
That "steak on a stone" has got my attention.

As should the house drink, no lie, in Portuguese "Choro de Frango." (weeping chicken) Perfect for post game inebriation.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with our board. My Colgate pal, CR, has been unable to register for months. Intervention unsuccessful. I will try for you. Killabee awaits your arrival. ;)

Edit: Oh, you're on! Cool. A typical supe post could rock the world of some of the stodgy admin types that lurk the board! Can't wait!

caribbeanhen
September 7th, 2016, 05:43 AM
looking forward to seeing the Delaware defense get after it on Saturday in Easton,

Leopards..... meet Troy Reeder #9

3 really good LB's with Bell and Jackson

your backs are going to be hating life

Now your QB.... He worries me some...

Delaware 28
Laffy 14

LeopardBall10
September 7th, 2016, 07:24 AM
looking forward to seeing the Delaware defense get after it on Saturday in Easton,

Leopards..... meet Troy Reeder #9

3 really good LB's with Bell and Jackson

your backs are going to be hating life

Now your QB.... He worries me some...

Delaware 28
Laffy 14

Its the Delaware DL that has me worried. If the Leopard OL are on roller skates all date its going to be a long one.

KillaBee
September 7th, 2016, 07:28 AM
The Leopards will kick some Chicken Butt. A southern dish chicken butts on Saturday in Easton.. The leopards should not have lost last year, however the umbrella police enforced the code and prepared the home cooking. This Saturday, that so so running back will not have 2000 yards, like he did going against Del. State.

I doubt The Chicken pass game has improved,, so The Leopards Should have a feast..

The hens will be introduced to many players.. speed, intelligence and strength..

Our wide outs should run right by the Hens DB's.

Henny
September 7th, 2016, 08:15 AM
The Leopards will kick some Chicken Butt. A southern dish chicken butts on Saturday in Easton.. The leopards should not have lost last year, however the umbrella police enforced the code and prepared the home cooking. This Saturday, that so so running back will not have 2000 yards, like he did going against Del. State.

I doubt The Chicken pass game has improved,, so The Leopards Should have a feast..

The hens will be introduced to many players.. speed, intelligence and strength..

xlolxxlolxxlolx

It certainly can get any worse but I guess we'll find out Saturday.

Carib is right. Reeder is a special player who started 10 games for Penn State last year, and was a freshmen all American (2nd team).

Andy
September 7th, 2016, 09:54 AM
xlolxxlolxxlolx

It certainly can get any worse but I guess we'll find out Saturday.

Carib is right. Reeder is a special player who started 10 games for Penn State last year, and was a freshmen all American (2nd team).

Yikes! We had a transfer once, back during the Carter administration.

Big test for the Pard O-line, when Reed was able to step up in the pocket last week, he looked like the Doctor of old. Must read the blitz better. Showed good escapability last week, but might like to see him run it more when able. As said in the media luncheon, defense will be trying to force the Hens to pass.

KillaBee
September 7th, 2016, 10:10 AM
Pass the chicken!!!

caribbeanhen
September 7th, 2016, 11:29 AM

although made somewhat tongue n cheek, you do bring up some Hen issues
Passing game - Hen fans were begging for a transfer WR or even 2, we didn't get one until a few days before summer practice, he is big and has soft hands, caught a TD pass last week, we still don't know how good he will be but we sure needed him,

Passing game - the head coach, who took on the QB Coaching duties, appears to have paid off. Brock seems like he works well one on one with players and invested a lot of time in our QB Joe Walker, Walker has looked better but still not tested... the jury is out

I expect Laffy will have to abandon the run early, if indeed they have any real idea that they can, and start passing the ball, your boys are going to get hit, the Delaware Defense is the strength of the team and very physical

the concern is the Hens need to tighten things up in the DB, Last week Del State was able to hit on some plays right up the seam, this is my concern, but eventually well get it figured out

Have I talked about the Delaware D yet? haha... get ready!

KillaBee
September 7th, 2016, 12:23 PM
CHICKEN PARM....

A LA MODE..

CHICKEN AND WAFFLES,

FRIED CHICKEN,

CHICKEN FRIED RICE,

CHICKEN AND SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caribbeanhen
September 7th, 2016, 12:30 PM
CHICKEN PARM....

A LA MODE..

CHICKEN AND WAFFLES,

FRIED CHICKEN,

CHICKEN FRIED RICE,

CHICKEN AND SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Delaware it's Chicken n Dumplins

YoUDeeMan
September 7th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Laffy will get killed.

Seriously...you have no defense, you lost last year against one of the most abysmal UD teams EVER.

Our coach finally shed his sick excuses and is acting like his team should win. The clown wasted the last three years of UD football...but his arse is on the line and he gave up on the silly notion that transfers are bad. The Laffy coach embarrassed himself by saying Brock was doing it the right way by going without transfers...and sure enough, Brock brings in Reeder (Brock got lucky on that one...Reeder is a talented member of the UD football family) and added a 6'7" TE/slot receiver to bail out our QB.

Nice additions...perhaps Brock won't be an azz and ask people if they can name 10 transfers the next time he speaks in front of a group of Hen fans. xlolx

So the shrew offensive idea to run up the middle on 2nd and 3rd and long might be gone.

Bye-bye Laffy...you're going to get run out of your own stadium.

Bogus Megapardus
September 7th, 2016, 05:32 PM
Bye-bye Laffy...you're going to get run out of your own stadium.

Heh. It won't be the first time. xbangx

KillaBee
September 8th, 2016, 10:19 AM
I like almost every food,
I think every dish is good,
The food I think I like the best,
Is a Blue Hen right out the nest.

I could eat it in the morning,
I could eat it without warning.
I could eat it Saturday,
Fried or baked either way.

Whether it be famous Chuck's or Kentucky fried,
I'll eat Blue chicken until the day I've died.
Chicken is the best you see,
If Delaware State won't eat it, I will joyfully.

Parm is the style I prefer,
to my Leopards I'll refer.
I like the crispy crunchy taste,
I'll never let it go to waste.

You may highly disagree,
But chicken is the dish for me.
If you don't like it then that's tuff,
You can have the other stuff.

HAAAAAA CHICKENS TALKING ABOUT A 4 BASED DEFENSE...
GOOOOOOOOOO LEOPARDSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Nova09
September 8th, 2016, 10:37 AM
I get why the UD fans are amped for a new season, but confused as to why the lafayette posters even care about this re-run from last year when they still have a playoff game from a few years back going on somewhere.

melloware13
September 8th, 2016, 01:02 PM
I sincerely hope that Lafayette has improved from last year where they were the second best team in Easton. However, I won't be happy if by sunday my schools are 0-2 in Easton in 2016.

Henny
September 8th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Lafayette fans, please feel free to share with ED65.

http://www.bluehens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29100&ATCLID=210809134

I cant stand it when fans of an over priced liberal arts college throw academic superiority out there without knowing the facts.

Nova09
September 8th, 2016, 03:37 PM
Lafayette fans, please feel free to share with ED65.

http://www.bluehens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29100&ATCLID=210809134

I cant stand it when fans of an over priced liberal arts college throw academic superiority out there without knowing the facts.

An article praising grade inflation? Is that really what we care about these days?

[that's not directed at Delaware, the total number of 3.0 students seems to have gone up significantly in the year over year]

Henny
September 8th, 2016, 03:52 PM
This is actually about a fan of Lafayette who starts posting garbage about UD on their board.

"With all due respect to bethlempard (my grandfather grew up in Bethlehem) , I would be surprised if they have any academic standards at all."

"I have no respect for schools like Delaware who can recruit without a thought toward academics."

caribbeanhen
September 8th, 2016, 08:50 PM
This is actually about a fan of Lafayette who starts posting garbage about UD on their board.

"With all due respect to bethlempard (my grandfather grew up in Bethlehem) , I would be surprised if they have any academic standards at all."

"I have no respect for schools like Delaware who can recruit without a thought toward academics."

Henny, how much drool is pooling up in # 9.... unleash the beast.....

UNHWildcat18
September 8th, 2016, 08:54 PM

Thats annoying as ****, I hate when old gas bags try and argue their schools "superior" academics vs other schools, its literally like talking about which tomato in the bin is the most red. Academic "prestige" to an extent is such crap. Chemistry programs are regulated by the American Chemical Society, our program is way above the programs of hundreds of schools across the US. Yet plenty of people would argue a chem degree from a school seen as "better" than UNH is "better", regardless of how their chem program stacks up vs ours. Ending the mini rant but god damn thats annoying Henny haha, the FCS kids are true STUDENT athletes no matter the conference. If one wants to make that statement at least argue about the P5 schools where the kids are literally there for BBALL or Football for less than 3 years to get to the NBA or NFL.

caribbeanhen
September 8th, 2016, 09:05 PM
Thats annoying as ****, I hate when old gas bags try and argue their schools "superior" academics vs other schools, its literally like talking about which tomato in the bin is the most red. Academic "prestige" to an extent is such crap. Chemistry programs are regulated by the American Chemical Society, our program is way above the programs of hundreds of schools across the US. Yet plenty of people would argue a chem degree from a school seen as "better" than UNH is "better", regardless of how their chem program stacks up vs ours. Ending the mini rant but god damn thats annoying Henny haha, the FCS kids are true STUDENT athletes no matter the conference. If one wants to make that statement at least argue about the P5 schools where the kids are literally there for BBALL or Football for less than 3 years to get to the NBA or NFL.

so how old are you Sir?

UNHWildcat18
September 8th, 2016, 09:39 PM
so how old are you Sir?

I see what you did there haha, in seriousness one of my professors is very high up in the ACS ranks and was showing us diagrams of required hours of lab, material to test on, subjects to cover ect... And how many schools were struggling to meet the ACS standard, however our program was far above that benchmark. I mention this to relate how people assume academics regardless of individual departments must be better because of a schools "prestige" vs another school which is simply not always the case. So some dude saying UD recruits how they want because they don't care about academics, insinuating that UD isn't a good academic school is infuriating to me.

Anyways I watched the CCSU game last week, I think UD has a way better defense than CCSU and the offense probably won't turn the ball over 5 times. I see a 34-13 UD win

Henny
September 8th, 2016, 09:39 PM
Oh and BTW #9 was an honor student at Penn State where he was a Dean’s List student, was selected to the CoSIDA Academic All-District 2 team, and was named Academic All-Big 10.

I wonder why he didn't go to Lafayette ?!?!

superman7515
September 8th, 2016, 09:40 PM
I like almost every food,
I think every dish is good,
The food I think I like the best,
Is a Blue Hen right out the nest.

I could eat it in the morning,
I could eat it without warning.
I could eat it Saturday,
Fried or baked either way...

Jesus Christ, I go away for a few hours and someone let KB try his best Bubba Sparxxx impression. Should have left your ass at the train station when we had the chance...

http://i.imgur.com/EZynYVJ.gif

KillaBee
September 9th, 2016, 07:59 AM
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/20-chicken-dishes

I did not want to be selfish, therefore I am sharing some special Chicken recipes for all my fellow Leopards.. Possible dishes for Saturday's Pre-game festivities..

The dish which caught my attention was the...
Mediterranean Chicken

Enjoy Sept. 10th... Down Goes the Blue Hens..

Gooooooo Leopards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy
September 9th, 2016, 12:52 PM
You're suggesting he transferred to UD for the academics? Or rather to play with his brother?

Henny
September 9th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Well he is a finance major and since UD is the 12th ranked public institution, recently ranked by Business Insider, the quality of the school didn't hurt.

Bogus Megapardus
September 9th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Derpy Say . . . many challenging majors at Delaware (graduate degree in spelling from Lehigh not required):

Animal and Food Science

Apparel Design

Applied Nutrition

Art Conservation

Athletic Training

Criminal Justice

Elementary Teacher Education

Exercise Science

Fashion Merchandising

Food Science

Geography

Hospitality Industry Management

Insect Conservation

Landscape Design

Occupational Therapy

University Studies

caribbeanhen
September 9th, 2016, 03:16 PM
this is not a Computer wore Tenny shoes .... it's a football game!

BlueHenSinfonian
September 10th, 2016, 12:40 AM
It looks like Lafayette will have video on their website of the game, is Lafayette's stream free? I can't seem to find a link to anything I need to pay for, but I'll likely be getting back from work just in the nick of time for kickoff, want to make sure I don't have to set something up beforehand so I don't miss anything.

caribbeanhen
September 10th, 2016, 06:17 AM
It looks like Lafayette will have video on their website of the game, is Lafayette's stream free? I can't seem to find a link to anything I need to pay for, but I'll likely be getting back from work just in the nick of time for kickoff, want to make sure I don't have to set something up beforehand so I don't miss anything.

cant think of a reason why it wouldn't be free, lets face it, just not enough demand for this game to put a price on it besides maybe a few dozen people interested..

Gate83
September 10th, 2016, 06:35 PM
So as a neutral observer I was very amused by this thread. Then I just watched that first half... wow. Stella must be some ugly chick.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 10th, 2016, 09:34 PM
So as a neutral observer I was very amused by this thread. Then I just watched that first half... wow. Stella must be some ugly chick.

Should've watched till the end.

Some ugly offensive play from both sides in the first half, but Delaware returning to and trusting the run game combined with a surge of give-a-**** from the Hens after a bull**** targeting call ejected one of our players turned the tide pretty decisively.

Franks Tanks
September 10th, 2016, 09:53 PM
Should've watched till the end.

Some ugly offensive play from both sides in the first half, but Delaware returning to and trusting the run game combined with a surge of give-a-**** from the Hens after a bull**** targeting call ejected one of our players turned the tide pretty decisively.

What a crappy game, by two crappy poorly coached teams. Delaware won because the run game wore the Pards down in the 4th, but really there are no winners here.

caribbeanhen
September 10th, 2016, 09:56 PM
What a crappy game, by two crappy poorly coached teams. Delaware won because the run game wore the Pards down in the 4th, but really there are no winners here.

Delaware won because they have one of the best Defenses in FCS..... You guys are slow

Franks Tanks
September 10th, 2016, 09:58 PM
No, Lafayette has been historically bad of offense since the start of last season.

caribbeanhen
September 10th, 2016, 10:17 PM
it wasn't a very interesting game or pretty to watch but Delaware laid some lumber on Laffy

Delaware losses Wes Hills on first series of game, dislocated elbow

Jarmon drops another sure TD pass

Delaware receivers continue to drop passes and not get open, but Cherry looking good

Walker looks better

the Defense is physical and athletic .... they will seek and destroy... haha

BlueHenSinfonian
September 10th, 2016, 10:46 PM

I give Brock credit for going for it on 4th and 6 in the 3rd to score that 2nd TD and put the game out of reach. A season or two ago he would've punted there, he's growing some balls.

I think the loss of Hills in the first quarter made him doubt the run calls, or maybe he just wanted to establish a passing game, either way with the other RBs we have, and the WRs we don't have, we need to be a run-first team this year, especially since the QB can run too.

Add some designed reverses and other misdirection run plays to keep defenses honest, and we'll hopefully break some big ones earlier on.

I'll give credit where credit is due to the 'Pards defense though, y'all were making plays behind the line more than I expected. That Mrazek kid is something special as well.

caribbeanhen
September 10th, 2016, 10:54 PM
I give Brock credit for going for it on 4th and 6 in the 3rd to score that 2nd TD and put the game out of reach. A season or two ago he would've punted there, he's growing some balls

Sure well give him credit, but what makes it easy to hang your balls out is that you have a Defense that can play! if your D is swiss cheese it makes it real hard to go for it in that situation.... tonight was a no brainer really....

CHIP72
September 10th, 2016, 11:07 PM
No, Lafayette has been historically bad of offense since the start of last season.

In all seriousness for Delaware fans, go look at Lafayette's scores from 2015. The above is true.

caribbeanhen
September 11th, 2016, 01:43 PM
no Delaware fan is arguing about how bad Laffy's offense is, doesnt change the talent level of Delaware Defense