PDA

View Full Version : SLC Power Ratings: Week 1

Catatonic
September 8th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Cattitude posted this on the ACu Cat Chat board. I thought it would be interesting to get the perspective of other schools.

10. Nichols. 0-0 No disrespect, just nothing to go on.
10. McNeese. 0-0 Feel sorry for the 'boys. Great opportunity, great venue, rained out. Since no game, no rank yet.
9. Central Ark. 0-1 Not very competitive against a "peer" school. Overrated or bad day?
8. ACU 0-1 A bit more competitive against a big-boy opponent. Exposed some weakness as well as showcased some strength.
7. Northwestern State 0-1. Not as close as the game score. Good running game, weak passing game even with Eagan.
6. SFA. 0-1 Late score made it close but NAU was always in control.Defense looks like SFAs Achilles Heel again.
4. HBU 1-0. Crushed a weak opponent. Anything else would have been a disgrace.
4. Lamar. 1-0. See HBU above.
4. UIW. 1-0. I know the Javs really, really wanted to show up the Cardinals. Decent W against a D2 school.
2. SHSU. 0-1. Are you kidding me? 600+ yards against a Big 12 team. Obviously, a new defensive backfield was a problem but their running game is brutal.
1. SELa. 1-0. One SLC game under their belt against a quality opponent. They steamrolled NWSU with tough D and a downhill power running game. QB play looked unsteady.

I would swap 1 and 2. The poll won't look anything like this after a couple of weeks. UIW should enjoy 4th place while they can.

BEAR
September 8th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Don't bother doing this next week. Here's the games:

SFA at TCU (Bloodbath)
NWST at UL-Lafayette (Loss)
UCA at Ok. State (Bloodbath)
North. Colorado at H.B.U. (uh?)
UIW at McNeese (Bloodbath)
Nicholls at UL-Monroe (Bloodbath)
Lamar at Baylor (Bloodbath)
Florida Tech at SELA (Uh. never heard of FTU)

Maybe wait until the conference starts. xlolx

Daytripper
September 8th, 2015, 09:21 AM
Don't bother doing this next week. Here's the games:

SFA at TCU (Bloodbath)
NWST at UL-Lafayette (Loss)
UCA at Ok. State (Bloodbath)
North. Colorado at H.B.U. (uh?)
UIW at McNeese (Bloodbath)
Nicholls at UL-Monroe (Bloodbath)
Lamar at Baylor (Bloodbath)
Florida Tech at SELA (Uh. never heard of FTU)

Maybe wait until the conference starts. xlolx

Sam will hopefully use their bye week to shore up the defense and pick a QB.

Samalum'10
September 8th, 2015, 09:27 AM

With Lamar and HBU up next, I'm fine with this QB by committee. Come Oct. 3rd, I want the starting QB established.

Catatonic
September 8th, 2015, 09:31 AM

The thing that caught my attention about Sam last year was the ability of the coaching staff to correct problems identified in early games and get stronger as the season went along.

Daytripper
September 8th, 2015, 09:40 AM
The thing that caught my attention about Sam last year was the ability of the coaching staff to correct problems identified in early games and get stronger as the season went along.

Agree.