PDA

View Full Version : Great little Sunday Read Here

ursus arctos horribilis
September 6th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Brandon Lawrence will be writing some articles for The FCS Wedge including a Sunday recap each week.

Here's his first article for us.

In case you missed it – 9/6/15

By Brandon Lawrence

It didn’t take long for the brand new 2015-16 college football season to turn upside down and give fans a good shake-up, forcing any preconceived knowledge and logic out the window.

In fact, it all went away in the solo contest on Aug. 29 – the ground-shaking Montana upset over top-ranked North Dakota State in Missoula. It was North Dakota State’s second loss since its 2012 campaign.

Saturday’s schedule – college football’s first full slate of games – provided more storylines that suggest this FCS season will be one littered with breakout performances by both individual players and teams as a whole.

Read more... (http://thefcswedge.com/a-look-at-what-is-happening-around-the-country/icymi-9615/)

JALMOND
September 6th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Lotta love for Idaho State and their win over DII. How did North Dakota and Portland State do? I missed it, both probably lost as usual.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 6th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Lotta love for Idaho State and their win over DII. How did North Dakota and Portland State do? I missed it, both probably lost as usual.

The article is titled "in case you missed it" and I really don't think the intent is to point out things that people probably did not miss.

It is more about pointing out some big stats/performances by teams/individuals that may not have been caught. Not to say that there couldn't have been a lot of overlooked things in those games as well but the focus doisn't appear to be just the big stories so I guess I didn't really expect it to be that.

I would like to have that sort of a story each week but we're just not there yet. PM me if you have some chops and want to try one out J cuz I like what you do each week already.

wapiti
September 6th, 2015, 03:47 PM

No both UND and PSU won.

kalm
September 6th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Good read.

JALMOND
September 6th, 2015, 05:47 PM
The article is titled "in case you missed it" and I really don't think the intent is to point out things that people probably did not miss.

It is more about pointing out some big stats/performances by teams/individuals that may not have been caught. Not to say that there couldn't have been a lot of overlooked things in those games as well but the focus doisn't appear to be just the big stories so I guess I didn't really expect it to be that.

I would like to have that sort of a story each week but we're just not there yet. PM me if you have some chops and want to try one out J cuz I like what you do each week already.

My fault. I had been dealing with the Ducks and Beavers fans who still want us to be the usual bastard step-child we've been for awhile now, even after the Wazzu win. The people here and on CS have always shown myself and Portland State courtesy and respect, and that comment of mine was rather harsh.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 6th, 2015, 06:24 PM
My fault. I had been dealing with the Ducks and Beavers fans who still want us to be the usual bastard step-child we've been for awhile now, even after the Wazzu win. The people here and on CS have always shown myself and Portland State courtesy and respect, and that comment of mine was rather harsh.

Eh, no biggie. Just figured your post was a chance to sort of tell what the articles intent was anyway. I can see being fed up with those fanbases cuz we have some of those sorts here although a rarity so I know how dumb they can act.