PDA

View Full Version : Davidson vs. The Citadel

DFW HOYA
September 6th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Another bad loss by the Davidson Wildcats Saturday, extending their NCAA-sanctioned losing streak to 24 games, assuming that 56-0 walkover of College of Faith in 2014 no longer counts.

Davidson had just 104 yards in its 69-0 loss to the Bulldogs, the most points ever scored by The Citadel in an opener, and the worst loss for Davidson since a 68-6 loss to Air Force in 1972.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150905/PC20/150909499/1032/bulldogs-demolish-davidson

ElCid
September 6th, 2015, 01:35 PM
While I was real happy to see the Dogs performance, it was only Davidson. If the coach hadn't called off the Dogs, it could have been 83-0 real easy. We did what ever we wanted on both sides of the ball. Our D was possessed. Never saw a Bulldog D like what I saw yesterday. We made little to no mistakes all day which was awesome the first game out. And we did not even play our star, Cam Jackson--saving him for Western next week. Attendance was a little low, but the downpours during pregame probably impacted that. The idiots who picked us to finish 7th in the SOCON will be eating crow brfore the season ends. Davidson needs to do something about its football program. Since dropping down is a non-starter due to basketball, dropping football all together should be considered if things don't change.

PaladinFan
September 6th, 2015, 01:40 PM
While I was real happy to see the Dogs performance, it was only Davidson. If the coach hadn't called off the Dogs, it could have been 83-0 real easy. We did what ever we wanted on both sides of the ball. Our D was possessed. Never saw a Bulldog D like what I saw yesterday. We made little to no mistakes all day which was awesome the first game out. And we did not even play our star, Cam Jackson--saving him for Western next week. Attendance was a little low, but the downpours during pregame probably impacted that. The idiots who picked us to finish 7th in the SOCON will be eating crow brfore the season ends. Davidson needs to do something about its football program. Since dropping down is a non-starter due to basketball, dropping football all together should be considered if things don't change.

I don't know where the Citadel will finish, but the Bulldogs are going to have to do a lot more than beat up on a glorified high school team to get most folks to change their pick.

Week 1 told us very little about the Citadel, WCU, and Wofford, IMO.

DFW HOYA
September 6th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Davidson needs to do something about its football program. Since dropping down is a non-starter due to basketball, dropping football all together should be considered if things don't change.

A school doesn't drop football because of results, it does when it cannot support it. If a W/L record were the tipping point on sponsoring football, schools like Kansas State, TCU, and Northwestern would have not seen the light of day.