2009 FCS National Champion

Fordham HC:
4th year as HC (4th @ Fordham)
Joe Moorhead
Overall Record: 29-10
Fordham Record: 29-10

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2015, 09:27 AM
There won't be a repeat of last year. I promise you that....

Fordham
September 6th, 2015, 09:48 AM
Much tougher test for us this week. Obviously could not be more pleased with how the offense played. I saw signs of big improvement for our D v last year even though we still looked horrendous at times. It's just so hard to tell much from seeing how they performed against that unique offense. Regardless, can't wait. I was expecting to get beaten handily in both of our first two games so we already exceeded my expectations for the start of the year.

Gangtackle11
September 6th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Be interested to hear how starting RB Gary Underwood is feeling. He left with a chest injury late in 1st half making a comeback block on a Robertson scamper. He feel to the ground immediately & didn't return. Villanova offense appears to lack a supporting cast like last season on offense.

It will be RB by committee if Underwood is out. White, Gudzak, & possibly frosh Aaron Forbes hauling the rock. Wildcats were highly rated because of stars Robertson & Cherry IMHO. The team will have to prove here that they can lend the support to keep a top 10 ranking.

A intriguing matchup given how Fordham played and won at Army.

Fordhamanhattan
September 6th, 2015, 12:42 PM
We must remember that Fordham did beat the Wildcats two years ago at Rose Hill.

Fordham
September 6th, 2015, 12:47 PM
We must remember that Fordham did beat the Wildcats two years ago at Rose Hill.
Actually we are hoping the 'Cats forget about that!

RichH2
September 6th, 2015, 12:54 PM
A barn burner. Edge Fordham.

FordhamFan
September 6th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Would say Nova by a touchdown if this game were at Nova, but Moorhead's Fordham teams play well at home...believe they've won 14 straight at Rose Hill, including the win over Villanova in 2013.

I watched a decent chunk of Nova-UConn, and Robertson (who somehow still has eligibility) is going to be so rough on Fordham. We've struggled with him before, and we will again. The Rams won in 2013 because of turnovers, and I think that will be the key again. If Anderson and Edmonds and the rest play as they are capable AND hold onto the ball, I think this is a super close game decided by 5 or less either way.

I could see Nova winning by double digits...it's tough to keep the momentum going for two HUGE games in two weeks.

Gosh it's just gonna be a great game. Really wish I could be in attendance, but regardless...I picked cynically last week so I'm going with the heart on this one Fordham 31, Villanova 27

FargoBison
September 6th, 2015, 01:31 PM
This is the FCS of Game of the Week in my opinion, should be a fun watch....Edmonds and Robertson will put on a show.

Gangtackle11
September 6th, 2015, 01:43 PM
I will tell you that Villanova is banged up offensively. I'm not sure Underwood (their versatile RB) will play suffering an injury in 1st half vs. UConn. Starting OT Jake Prus won't be playing as he is been tabbed as a match as a bone marrow donor and out the next 3 games. The OLine was already struggling. True frosh Ethan Greenidge (6'5" 330lbs.) will most likely make the start. John Robertson has little separation speed in his receivers. Expect Robertson to use his legs a lot more than Coach Talley wants to attack the Fordham defense.

Defensively, Villanova played a solid game. They missed a few tackles including a few from All-American Don Cherry and messed up coverage on a big play to start the 2nd half, but they are physical for FCS opponents for sure. Junior Tanoh Kpassanon 6'7" 270lbs DE is name to remember here. He was all over the UConn backfield. I feel confident that if the defense plays like they did at UConn that Fordham will have a long day. Edmunds is a talented FCS back for sure, but I expect the Cats to bottle him up when game is being decided.

i'm looking for this to be a game that Villanova stifles the Fordham offense. The score differential will be determined by how well the Rams defense handles Mr. Robertson.

Villanova 21 Fordham 10 Bet the under if you can find a line. Ha.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2015, 01:49 PM
No way Villanova holds Fordham to 10 points. I might be a Temple guy but I always try to be fair to 'Nova football. With that said, again, that's not happening. Villanova has a helluva team, Robertson is a blast to watch, but their defense gives up yards. Talley's teams historically do. They can be stingy though against lesser teams.

I watched the entire UConn game and with a healthy Underwood Villanova might have won. Without him they were limited on offense. I was actually surprised at 'Nova's skill players. There's not a Norman White or Szczur in that group this year. UConn does have some defensive talent. Diaco's background is also in defense. He's the former DC at Notre Dame.

I give an ever so slight edge to Villanova. I can't see my preseason title pick (ask Clenz) starting the season 0-2. Great coaching match-up too. If this isn't a standing room only crowd something is wrong. Expand JCF!

Lehigh'98
September 6th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Much as I'd like to see Fordham win this, I think Villanova takes it. 34-17. Army was a nice win, but this is a much better measuring stick.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Much as I'd like to see Fordham win this, I think Villanova takes it. 34-17. Army was a nice win, but this is a much better measuring stick.

Exactly...a second place Ivy beat Army last year.

Villanova is going to put points up on Fordham. Their D is still quite shaky. I think it's something like 40-31 Villanova....

Gangtackle11
September 6th, 2015, 01:56 PM
No way Villanova holds Fordham to 10 points. I might be a Temple guy but I always try to be fair to 'Nova football. With that said, again, that's not happening. Villanova has a helluva team, Robertson is a blast to watch, but their defense gives up yards. Talley's teams historically do. They can be stingy though against lesser teams.

I watched the entire UConn game and with a healthy Underwood Villanova might have won. Without him they were limited on offense. I was actually surprised at 'Nova's skill players. There's not a Norman White or Szczur in that group this year. UConn does have some defensive talent. Diaco's background is also in defense. He's the former DC at Notre Dame.

I give an ever so slight edge to Villanova. I can't see my preseason title pick (ask Clenz) starting the season 0-2. Great coaching match-up too. If this isn't a standing room only crowd something is wrong. Expand JCF!

They got 6 last year. Villanova defense a season matured. 9 starters back. I'll stick with 21-10. Just my opinion vs. yours. Good luck.

Gangtackle11
September 6th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Exactly...a second place Ivy beat Army last year.

Villanova is going to put points up on Fordham. Their D is still quite shaky. I think it's something like 40-31 Villanova....

You may follow them, but you aren't paying too close attention if you think the defense is shaky for the FCS season. This year that statement may hold true at Villanova, but you have the wrong side of the ball even with JR. His supporting cast isn't up to last year's snuff.

You had a nice weekend with Lehigh & Temple. Congrats!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2015, 02:21 PM
You may follow them, but you aren't paying too close attention if you think the defense is shaky for the FCS season. This year that statement may hold true at Villanova, but you have the wrong side of the ball even with JR. His supporting cast isn't up to last year's snuff.

You had a nice weekend with Lehigh & Temple. Congrats!

Villanova gave up quite a few points last year outside of the Fordham game. Their effort overall in that game was awesome. Still, based on the bulk of the 2014 season and history that seems like the exception rather than the norm. SHSU put up 34, JMU 31, Delaware 28, Albany 31, W&M 31. Holding Fordham to 6 points was simply playing a helluva game. Having to deal with an established Edmonds is huge. He is THAT good. Talley will try to stop him and force Robinson to win it imo.....

It was a very good football weekend!

Gangtackle11
September 6th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Villanova held UConn to 2.7 yards per carry. (39 rushes for 105 yards)

Edmonds a helluva player. Will test my claims about our defense for sure.

Not looking forward to Temple in 2017/18. Ruhle is building something good there.

FordhamFan
September 6th, 2015, 02:44 PM
It was very nice to see Edmonds excel in the pass game (and Anderson being smart enough to use him). Phazahn Odom looked pretty good, but I still don't trust him as far as I could throw him...especially against a physical Nova team. The receiving unit is still a question mark, love Cantelli but they are so inexperienced I worry

KPSUL
September 6th, 2015, 06:05 PM
Edmonds will get his yards (he will all year), and it will be a much closer game than last year. As the season plays out, I think we'll see that UCONN will be significantly better than Army, so do not put too much emphasize on the comparative results of these week 1 games. Villanova wins 28-21. Good luck to both teams this season!

Vooter
September 6th, 2015, 06:32 PM
I think we're gonna KICK YOUR ASS.

ngineer
September 6th, 2015, 10:11 PM
Should be a great game. Nova a bit deeper and overall experienced, but FU has significant weapons. I think Wildcats win a tight one, but pulling for the PL guys in this one.

Fordham
September 7th, 2015, 09:27 AM
After a few more games we'll know what the impact of the Army game will be. If they get crushed in every game from here on out it will take a lot of luster off the win; or at least the impact it should have on our poll standing. At this point we just don't know. One thing that I feel very good about is that Anderson is an impact QB. We still don't know if we have any consistent break away threats at WR but Odom as a 6'8 245lb TE is a game changer and a match up nightmare. Our OL played fantastic but it will be interesting to see how we do against such an experienced, high level CAA squad.

The biggest difference for us on D in this year v. last year is adding back in the athleticism of Hodge at LB. He's tough, smart and very fast (if very undersized as well). More like having a S play LB. That could be a huge help in limiting Robertson's impact v. last year (no way to contain him, just hoping to not have him roam free like last year).

That said, we are clear underdogs for a reason and I do believe it will take some assistance in the form of turnovers or big special teams plays, as it did 2 years ago, for us to have a chance.

I do have to say that the lead up to this game is SOOOOO much better than I was expecting it would be when looking at us opening at West Point with so many guys playing their first snaps of college football in the starting lineup

Gangtackle11
September 7th, 2015, 09:59 AM
0-2 would be an awful way to start a season with so much preseason hype. Villanova is a quality team, but as much as my heart is with them they are overrated when ranked in top 5. The fanfare around Robertson and Cherry silenced the obvious offensive deficiencies this team has to start the season.

I'm not saying they can't put it together, but the offensive line isn't in sync and it won't get better with starting RT Jake Prus out to tend to his admirable deed as a bone marrow donor. His probable replacement is a true frosh Ethan Greenidge who at 6'5' 330lbs. could be a star in due time. I haven't heard a thing about starting RB Gary Underwood's injury status and I bet it will be a game time decision to keep Fordham guessing. His potential absence will put the pressure on 2 talented, but unproven backs in RS junior Javon White (8-26 vs. UConn) & sophomore Matt Gudzak (1-3 vs. UConn). I would think true freshman Aaron Forbes will be the 3rd back. Forbes is the future and spurned a late offer from Vanderbilt.

The receivers have to step it up with the exception of Senior Kevin Gulyas (4-64 vs. UConn) there are a lot of question marks. Talented, but still question marks. John Robertson, reigning Walter Payton Award winner, surley misses diminutive WR Poppy Livers, RB Kevin Monangai (recent Eagles cut), & TE Ernest Pettway.

The kicking game which haunted Villanova in each of their 3 losses last season remains problematic as a 24 yard FG was missed at UConn. Villanova avoids FG opportunities at a disturbing rate.

I maintain that anyone who watches this team on a regular basis knows that the defense has a chance to be among the FCS best. 9 starters returned including the tackling machine MLB Don Cherry. Pro scouts are beginning to drool over DE Tanoh Kpassanon (6'7" 270lbs.) who has legit 4.7 speed. They have a bunch of better than average DBs with junior Jason Ceneus & Sophomore Malik Reeves standing out. Veteran safeties Cam McCurry (10 tkls. vs. UConn) & Matt McCann are a solid tandem.

I'm hoping that Fordham comes down to earth from an impressive win over Army. I thought this game was going to be a layup over the summer. No longer. This is going to be a very good test for both.

FordhamFan
September 7th, 2015, 12:08 PM
God, Don Cherry is just an animal. Him and Edmonds will be seeing a lot of each other in six short days

KPSUL
September 7th, 2015, 12:33 PM
I think we're gonna KICK YOUR ASS.

Don't hold back so much! Tell us how you really feel.

Ivytalk
September 7th, 2015, 04:34 PM
I think Fordham wins a close one at home.

HailSzczur
September 7th, 2015, 06:34 PM
My biggest take away from the UConn game was that the defensive was much better than I expected, and that Robertson was lacking weapons compared to the last couple years.

Should be an interesting game, wish I was going.

Gangtackle11
September 9th, 2015, 07:33 AM
Villanova RB Gary Underwood going for MRI today. I'd say good chance he misses this game or is very limited.

2ram
September 9th, 2015, 09:48 AM
i think some people are underestimating the game that anderson played for fordham. he re-grouped after a 1st play turnover and led the team to a win. his accuracy was spot on. i watched that game again, and he was putting the ball on the #'s every throw regardless of scrambling right, left or sitting in the pocket. and then there was his scrambling ability. the receiving corp. may not have been starters last year, but they are very talented.

no way the cats hold the rams to 10 pts. unless someone gets knocked out of the game. edmonds is going to go ham. talley better take the collar off robertson and let him run for the win, or fordham wins by 10, easily.

Gangtackle11
September 9th, 2015, 12:53 PM
No way Nova was holding Fordham to 6 last year too. Right?

Listen I could care less if it's 21-10 or 54-52.

Nova by 11. You pick the score.

Happy?

Fordham
September 9th, 2015, 01:05 PM

Happy?
nope

Gangtackle11
September 9th, 2015, 06:07 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Gangtackle11 http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2248738#post2248738)

Happy?

nope

Haha. Good luck Saturday. May the best team win.

FordhamFan
September 9th, 2015, 10:49 PM
i think some people are underestimating the game that anderson played for fordham. he re-grouped after a 1st play turnover and led the team to a win. his accuracy was spot on. i watched that game again, and he was putting the ball on the #'s every throw regardless of scrambling right, left or sitting in the pocket. and then there was his scrambling ability. the receiving corp. may not have been starters last year, but they are very talented.

no way the cats hold the rams to 10 pts. unless someone gets knocked out of the game. edmonds is going to go ham. talley better take the collar off robertson and let him run for the win, or fordham wins by 10, easily.

Anderson was very VERY impressive, however Villanova runs a much more complex defense than Army. It's Cover 9 mostly which is much rarer, and is something Fordham has struggled with every year we've played Nova since Moorhead was here. I hope Anderson can handle it, and I know for SURE Breiner will have him ready. But I'm interested to see how Anderson does against a more complex D

Fordham
September 10th, 2015, 08:11 AM
Anderson was very VERY impressive, however Villanova runs a much more complex defense than Army. It's Cover 9 mostly which is much rarer, and is something Fordham has struggled with every year we've played Nova since Moorhead was here. I hope Anderson can handle it, and I know for SURE Breiner will have him ready. But I'm interested to see how Anderson does against a more complex D

great point. Anderson is going to be VERY good imo but he's still green. I could see a lot of confusion resulting in some picks. The best thing about the Army game for me was how we weathered the storm each time and just kept coming back regardless of what set backs we had. That was a great sign of character imo and hopefully it continues on Sat since there will definitely be some setbacks during the game when you're playing a team the caliber of 'Nova.

2ram
September 10th, 2015, 09:52 AM
great point. Anderson is going to be VERY good imo but he's still green. I could see a lot of confusion resulting in some picks. The best thing about the Army game for me was how we weathered the storm each time and just kept coming back regardless of what set backs we had. That was a great sign of character imo and hopefully it continues on Sat since there will definitely be some setbacks during the game when you're playing a team the caliber of 'Nova.

i think one reason we won 2 years ago and got destroyed last year was mobility at QB. nebrich never really recouped after knee surgery and ran significantly less in 2014 opposed to 2013. looking back at the biggest games of the 2013 season, it was nebrich's legs that won us those game. 2 4th Qtr 4th down conversions at temple, followed by a scramble right TD pass for the win. against 'nova, he ran for 100 yards in 20 carries (5.1/carry), and rushed for 2 scores. in 2014 he "ran" 5 times for -28 with 2 INTs. sadly, he wasn't nearly the same player year to year.

obviously there were a lot of things that went wrong in 2014 for the rams, and many that went right for the cats... i'm not even sure how things got so out of hand... but hopefully anderson will tuck and run for yards opposed to forcing a bad pass or taking losses. that would be a big ram change for the positive in this one.

FordhamFan
September 11th, 2015, 06:39 PM
i'm not even sure how things got so out of hand... but hopefully anderson will tuck and run for yards opposed to forcing a bad pass or taking losses. that would be a big ram change for the positive in this one.

I know it will always sound like sour grapes, which is why I'll never use it as an out and out reason, but the lightning delay screwed Fordham last year. Just took all the air out of a big game.

Obviously you need to recover from that stuff, both teams deal with it, but I'll always wonder how that game goes without that delay. Nova probably still wins, they were great last year...but I imagine it's not the blowout that we endured last season

Gangtackle11
September 11th, 2015, 09:10 PM
I know it will always sound like sour grapes, which is why I'll never use it as an out and out reason, but the lightning delay screwed Fordham last year. Just took all the air out of a big game.

Obviously you need to recover from that stuff, both teams deal with it, but I'll always wonder how that game goes without that delay. Nova probably still wins, they were great last year...but I imagine it's not the blowout that we endured last season

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

FordhamFan
September 11th, 2015, 09:17 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I know, I know.

FordhamFan
September 12th, 2015, 05:34 PM
Villanova dominating Fordham offense. Nova up 7-0 in the 1st, driving to add to the lead but a big fumble recovery for the Rams gives FU the ball at the -45. Rams needed that desperately

Lehigh Football Nation
September 12th, 2015, 06:02 PM
My feed of this game is horrible.

FordhamFan
September 12th, 2015, 06:10 PM
Anderson throws a perfect ball up the seam to the freshman Caddle for a TD!

14-7 Nova, little less than 4 minutes left in the half

Go...gate
September 12th, 2015, 07:48 PM
Still 14-7 Villanova, about three minutes left.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 12th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Gangtackle called the defense. Villanova is a helluva team...

Vooter
September 12th, 2015, 08:02 PM
14-7 final. Congrats to the 'Cats--our D played pretty well, but Villanova pretty much had their way otherwise...

Fordham
September 12th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Well played, 'Nova. Good luck the rest of the way.

FordhamFan
September 12th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Sloppy game, great job by Nova limiting Edmonds. Great job by Fordham keeping Nova out of the endzone multiple times with shaky kicking game.

But Nova D won the day. Good game in crappy weather

Gangtackle11
September 12th, 2015, 10:45 PM
Good luck to Fordham the rest of the way!

I'm telling you this is a stout Villanova defense that is or will be among the best in the FCS. The offense is a work in progress for sure.

FordhamFan
September 12th, 2015, 11:16 PM
As long as you guys have Robertson, you have a chance offensively. He's the kind of guy that really knows how to turn the knife on opposing fans' hearts

Nova09
September 13th, 2015, 08:18 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

caribbeanhen
September 13th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Good luck to Fordham the rest of the way!

I'm telling you this is a stout Villanova defense that is or will be among the best in the FCS. The offense is a work in progress for sure.

sounds a bit like Delaware, our Defense looks better than in recent years, but you will have your way with us when we have the ball.

2ram
September 13th, 2015, 11:02 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

idk what's so funny. pretty much exactly what happened. robertson ran all over early, and we lost.

did you see a different game?

Nova09
September 13th, 2015, 01:07 PM
idk what's so funny. pretty much exactly what happened. robertson ran all over early, and we lost.

did you see a different game?

"No way the cats hold the rams to 10 points."

Yeah, no way at all.

And Fordham by 10 easily? Robertson was better than stats show but you were pretty much way off on everything.

FordhamFan
September 13th, 2015, 01:30 PM

Yeah, no way at all.

And Fordham by 10 easily? Robertson was better than stats show but you were pretty much way off on everything.

Nova D definitely proved him wrong, BUT, it was raining sideways for most of the game hahah

2ram
September 13th, 2015, 01:32 PM

Yeah, no way at all.

you missed the qualifier. is reading comprehension a problem for you?

besides, I didn't predict the ****ty weather bro, so calm down and be happy with the win. no reason to be a dick, unless ofc, you are one.

Gangtackle11
September 13th, 2015, 02:00 PM
I was there. The rain was light to none for most of the 1st 3 quarters. Came down pretty good in the 4th. Fordham has a strong program & should be a dangerous playoff team.

When you get through the reasons why you think Fordham didn't move the ball it pretty much starts and ends with Villanova's defense. It gets overlooked by the talented Mr. Robertson's ability, but this year you will be mistaken if you don't think that wasn't the main reason for why your team doesnt score much. Near the top of the FCS charts if they remain healthy. Posters will doubt it each week like here because of what they have come to know Villanova to be in the past (a top FCS offense), but they will find out come game time. GL Fordham is a very solid FCS program.

The Boogie Down
September 13th, 2015, 09:05 PM
I was there. The rain was light to none for most of the 1st 3 quarters. Came down pretty good in the 4th. Fordham has a strong program & should be a dangerous playoff team.

When you get through the reasons why you think Fordham didn't move the ball it pretty much starts and ends with Villanova's defense.

Couldn't agree more. While everyone else here predicted a shootout, you called a close but decisive win led by your defensive. Props for that. For anyone else to now even hint about the weather, as if Villanova and their +220 in total yards was playing under clear skies, is some pretty weak tea. Besides, we already used our "It Was The Weather" excuse last year. We're good but young and right now Villanova is better. Hopefully Fordham gels and we get a shot at revenge later this season. If not, one of these decades Robertson will get his degree and move on, so that will be nice too.

Nova09
September 14th, 2015, 08:32 AM
you missed the qualifier. is reading comprehension a problem for you?

besides, I didn't predict the ****ty weather bro, so calm down and be happy with the win. no reason to be a dick, unless ofc, you are one.

I'm just giving it back to you because you were a dick when a knowledgeable poster made a spot on prediction. I usually don't get on ppl about predictions, I know even the best are way off regularly. But you wanted to be a know it all with your strong declaration, and you didn't have a clue. That rain must have made offense impossible, that's why Nova gained close to 500 yards. Maybe accept that you were clueless about how good Nova's D is/overestimate your own team and eat your crow. It's that simple. If you hadn't called out GangTackle I wouldn't say a word to you.

2ram
September 14th, 2015, 09:21 AM
I'm just giving it back to you because you were a dick when a knowledgeable poster made a spot on prediction. I usually don't get on ppl about predictions, I know even the best are way off regularly. But you wanted to be a know it all with your strong declaration, and you didn't have a clue. That rain must have made offense impossible, that's why Nova gained close to 500 yards. Maybe accept that you were clueless about how good Nova's D is/overestimate your own team and eat your crow. It's that simple. If you hadn't called out GangTackle I wouldn't say a word to you.

you really must not understand what you read, I wasn't a dick to anyone, and the only person I've 'called out' is you.

yes, i said we'd win by 10 easily if Robertson didn't run all over us. he did, and we lost. by 7. I never said the villanova defense was ****, nor would I make such an idiotic statement... or that gangtackle was... well, anything. if someone else said that, then go pm them your chest thumping lunacy.

you're just an overzealous nerd that got an epic boner over a win, ran out and decided to rub it on the first thing you could find. get a grip son, puberty will end soon and the girls will be looking for men.

Nova09
September 14th, 2015, 09:26 AM
you really must not understand what you read, I wasn't a dick to anyone, and the only person I've 'called out' is you.

yes, i said we'd win by 10 easily if Robertson didn't run all over us. he did, and we lost. by 7. I never said the villanova defense was ****, nor would I make such an idiotic statement... or that gangtackle was... well, anything. if someone else said that, then go pm them your chest thumping lunacy.

you're just an overzealous nerd that got an epic boner over a win, ran out and decided to rub it on the first thing you could find.get a grip son, puberty will end soon and the girls will be looking for men.

You think less than 50 yards is Roberstson running wild? Robertson was subpar, we missed 2 short fgs, went for a 4th down in redzone bc of kicker (did not convert), had a td off the board bc of a questionable block in back call, had umpire tackle our rb who would have scored a td, fumbled in your territory, and would have scored another td if the game were 2 minutes longer. Face it, we dominated you, which is the opposite of your prediction. Everything went right for you, yet you still didn't come close to your "win by 10 easily" prediction. In fact you didn't even score 10, which was whta started your whole point of contention, telling GangTackle there was "no way" we would hold you to 10. Don't know why you can't just own up to the fact you said that. You got on GT for predicting we would hold you to 10, acted like it was ridiculous, but it was dead on. You were wrong, and continue to show no knowledge of Nova's team/your own team/FCS/football in general. Most posters would have just come back here and said yeah, I was way off on this game, it happens, and everyone would move on. You continue to be the dick you were before the game.

2ram
September 14th, 2015, 10:04 AM
You think less than 50 yards is Roberstson running wild? Robertson was subpar, we missed 2 short fgs, went for a 4th down in redzone bc of kicker (did not convert), had a td off the board bc of a questionable block in back call, had umpire tackle our rb who would have scored a td, fumbled in your territory, and would have scored another td if the game were 2 minutes longer. Face it, we dominated you, which is the opposite of your prediction. Everything went right for you, yet you still didn't come close to your "win by 10 easily" prediction. In fact you didn't even score 10, which was whta started your whole point of contention, telling GangTackle there was "no way" we would hold you to 10. Don't know why you can't just own up to the fact you said that. You got on GT for predicting we would hold you to 10, acted like it was ridiculous, but it was dead on. You were wrong, and continue to show no knowledge of Nova's team/your own team/FCS/football in general. Most posters would have just come back here and said yeah, I was way off on this game, it happens, and everyone would move on. You continue to be the dick you were before the game.

again with reading comprehension & putting words in my mouth. i didn't tell gangtackle anything. i didn't respond to a single post of his in this thread. i'll say it clearly, one more time so you'll go check yourself: you are delusional. i only posted my thoughts. he responded to mine. i never responded to his, maybe he would be right i thought, after all, who the **** knows what will happen, i'm just a fan excited about the prospects of my team. more importantly, who the **** would care after the game was over, as the only thing that would matter is what actually happened, not what a bunch of fanboys on a fan forum thought would.

as for robertson, you would have really have had to watch the game. robertson scrambled for a ton of yards in the 1st half. the reason his stats show otherwise was because he was also sacked for a near equal amount in the 2nd. watch the 1st Q corner blitzes you'll see why/how he beat us.

show me where i was a dick and i'll apologize. show me where i "acted like it was ridiculous" in reference to gt's post. show me you're not the puala deen of this board.

Gangtackle11
September 14th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Let's all move on. I never take exception to anyone's comments. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I was right here, but been wrong more times than not. (Just ask my wife! - ha)

Good luck to Fordham rest of the way unless we see you in the FCS playoffs.