PDA

View Full Version : Quick National Champ Prediction Poll

BrevardMountaineer03
November 30th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Pick your National Champ from the remaining teams...Discuss why..

Edit: This poll will close in 2 days.

FlyYtown
November 30th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Add a POLL to your post.

Regardless.. YSU has not let me down all year, with the yearly exception against UNI.

I don't care if we have play Appy in Boone..... YSU is the real deal---just need a big win this weekend!

sdgriz24
November 30th, 2006, 06:23 PM
If I had my wish it would be UM vs. MSU.
But my thought is YSU vs. UM with UM winning it.

Is it homerish to pick your team if their the #2 seed?

BrevardMountaineer03
November 30th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Of Course I have to go with the Defending Champions and Number 1 seed! I think their Defense is good enough to shut down teams. I think their Offense is pretty strong. (10 out of 11 positions All SoCon) I think when you count the playoff experience from last year, as well as being at home till the final, will be a huge help.
Then you have to take into consideration the Coaching staff. Jerry Moore is a phenomenal coach.

Sam_Kats
November 30th, 2006, 06:25 PM
I've got the MIGHTY PENGUINS beating the Griz once outside the confines of Wa-Griz...sorry Griz fans!!

BrevardMountaineer03
November 30th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Is it homerish to pick your team if their the #2 seed?

It's not homerish if you truly think your team will take it all. If they are #2 seed, the must be deserving of a shot...Look at last year's #2 seed...:thumbsup:

Peems
November 30th, 2006, 06:29 PM
so do the youngstown people have MSU beating app. st and MSU going to YSU and YSU winning or App. st wins and then YSU beats App St?

JohnStOnge
November 30th, 2006, 06:30 PM
I voted for UMass. Call it a wild guess.

UNHWildCats
November 30th, 2006, 06:30 PM
what if the champ struggles through all its games on its way to the championship and a majority of voters here cast there #1 vote for NDSU in the final poll will we have a split national champ like the BCS? lol ;)

I chose UNH, because I feel they have the most dangerous offense and that the defense can come up big when they need to, plus there 6-1 on the road where they will be for the whole playoffs unless Montana loses this weekend and UNH wins then UNH may have a shot at a home game.

BrevardMountaineer03
November 30th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Add a POLL to your post.

Regardless.. YSU has not let me down all year, with the yearly exception against UNI.

I don't care if we have play Appy in Boone..... YSU is the real deal---just need a big win this weekend!

I think it will be a good matchup, I would love to see that game. Good Luck this weekend......

And Good Luck to all teams this weekend.

Go APP!

FlyYtown
November 30th, 2006, 06:31 PM
I also have Youngstown State vs. Montana in the Title Game
Swogger will play his old stomping groups with YSU---He played on their field in HS.

Swogger and Zetts I believed faced eachother one year, I may be wrong, but they were in the same conference until 2001.

BrevardMountaineer03
November 30th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Looks like nobody from Illinois has voted yet!!

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 30th, 2006, 06:41 PM
UMASS will win for the A10.....seem like a balanced team with a mission.

sdgriz24
November 30th, 2006, 06:45 PM
More votes for Montana State than the Griz.That's funny.

Champs
November 30th, 2006, 06:48 PM
YSU vs UMass

YSU wins it all.

***** the Committee

catatac
November 30th, 2006, 06:51 PM
More votes for Montana State than the Griz.That's funny.

Not all that funny. 8 teams left... and IF by some miracle we meet you again on a neutral field... I like our chances... :hurray:

Peems
November 30th, 2006, 07:13 PM
YSU vs UMass

YSU wins it all.

***** the Committee
:confused:

Grizalltheway
November 30th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Not all that funny. 8 teams left... and IF by some miracle we meet you again on a neutral field... I like our chances... :hurray:

App state and YSU two weeks in a row? No offense, but that's a big if. Griz have a slightly easier road. :twocents:

Sam Adams
November 30th, 2006, 07:29 PM
I voted for UMass because I'm rooting for them and I think they have a great team offensively and defensively and a very good kicking game.

All the teams remaining are very good or they wouldn't still be playing. I think its interesting that the Illinois State and Southern Illinois aren't getting a lot of love here - I think at least one of them is gonna pull an upset...

Gil Dobie
November 30th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Tough choice, but I selected UMass, gut feeling.

BrevardMountaineer03
November 30th, 2006, 07:38 PM
All the teams remaining are very good or they wouldn't still be playing.

I appreciate that comment, I joined this board because everybody does seem to have respect for one another. :hurray: :hurray: Thank You!:hurray:

Grizfanatic
November 30th, 2006, 07:53 PM
I will stick with what I posted in another thread. AppState and Montana in the NC with Montana winning 24-21 on a last second fieldgoal.

Luck to all the teams playing on saturday and beyond!

ASUMountaineer
November 30th, 2006, 08:02 PM
I say Appalachian State will repeat...because I'm an alum, and I think we have a good chance. Of course, we'll see how good of a chance Saturday at 4. Anytime we play a team with Montana in its name, I get a little nervous. I like that the game is at home, and we have the option of playing at home to get to the NC (should we keep winning). However, the two best looking teams out there (outside of my team) are UMass and YSU. Both look impressive, and thankfully we don't have to go through both to get to Chattanooga.

BEAR
November 30th, 2006, 08:30 PM
I put my vote for Illinois State. I have learned in the past that offense sells tickets but defense wins championships. Ill. State, if they are healthy, are a very good team from the one game I saw of them. They are my pick, and probably a long shot to some of you...but they're there.:hurray: :thumbsup:

Tod
November 30th, 2006, 08:33 PM
UMass. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Sam Adams
November 30th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Its an honor just to be in the quarterfinals. I have a tremendous respect for all the teams in left. They are all known to be good hardnosed teams who demonstrate the best of what college football is all about. I'm picking UMass but am also looking forward to watching all this great football. In some ways quarterfinal Saturday is the best part of the season since we have 4 great games to watch. UMass / UNH will be truly insane.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 30th, 2006, 08:35 PM
I think there is a bit of an App bias in this poll...

I'm with Griz fanatic...Griz beat App State by just a little. That's if I had to guess.

It's completely up in the air. The CS playoffs beyond the first round is crazier than the NCAA basketball tournament is late.

redbirdtim
November 30th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the love UCA. I have to say I was very impressed with the Bears team I saw when we played them. You're right though, if our defense is on, we can be a very good team, but our offense has been struggling lately. We need to turn that around to have a chance.

Mudbird1
November 30th, 2006, 08:50 PM
I put my vote for Illinois State. I have learned in the past that offense sells tickets but defense wins championships. Ill. State, if they are healthy, are a very good team from the one game I saw of them. They are my pick, and probably a long shot to some of you...but they're there.:hurray: :thumbsup:

HECK YEAH IT WILL BE! Assuming our oh so streaky Birds are playing decent ball. There is one thing a Denver Johnson coached team isnt and hasnt ever been: Predictable.

GO BIRDS!

GOKATS
November 30th, 2006, 08:52 PM

I'm with Griz fanatic...Griz beat App State by just a little. That's if I had to guess.

It's completely up in the air. The CS playoffs beyond the first round is crazier than the NCAA basketball tournament is late.

:thumbsup: :beerchug:

Grizfanatic
November 30th, 2006, 08:54 PM

:thumbsup: I would have to agree with the AppState bias, there is also alot of bias from the Griz fans as well... but alas the bias may be deserved on both counts. I think that AppState and Montana are the 2 best teams out of the 8 left, and that is saying alot considering the superbly talented teams that are left.

gomountaineers
November 30th, 2006, 09:01 PM
I'll add to the perception of an Appalachian State bias. I truly think they have the best team in the country again.

james_lawfirm
November 30th, 2006, 09:14 PM
I will stick with what I posted in another thread. AppState and Montana in the NC with Montana winning 24-21 on a last second fieldgoal.

Luck to all the teams playing on saturday and beyond!

Grizfan:
I agree it will be ASU & Montana in Chattanooga. BUT DIFFERENT RESULT: ASU by 6 in TRIPLE OVERTIME!!!

Hope to see you there! In fact, I'd be willing buy a beer for any Griz fans I might see in Chatty. Good luck to both teams! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

skinny_uncle
November 30th, 2006, 09:16 PM
IT looks like a lot of people are going to be surprised when the Salukis bring home the hardware.
:D

Grizfanatic
November 30th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Grizfan:
I agree it will be ASU & Montana in Chattanooga. BUT DIFFERENT RESULT: ASU by 6 in TRIPLE OVERTIME!!!

Hope to see you there! In fact, I'd be willing buy a beer for any Griz fans I might see in Chatty. Good luck to both teams! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Considering the OT history between Appy and Montana in big games I would not be surprised to see a triple OT game. The heart atack game a few years ago was crazy!
I will take ya up on that beer, Appy vs. Montana in the NC and I am there!:hurray:

Tod
November 30th, 2006, 09:24 PM
IT looks like a lot of people are going to be surprised when the Salukis bring home the hardware.
:D

I admit I will be surprised if SIU wins it all. Not because they have to beat Montana on Saturday, but because there would still be two very strong teams to beat after that. Obviously we're all in that boat, but SIU has to do it all on the road, more than likely, and against higher ranked teams.

Not that I'm saying I think SIU will beat Montana, mind you. :) ;) ;)

Good luck, skinny, to you and the Saluki Nation! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

FuturePenguin
November 30th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Ouch, this poll is kinda hard on youngstown state.

BlueHen86
November 30th, 2006, 09:31 PM
I picked Appalachian St. but I'm hoping for either UMass or UNH.

igo4uni
November 30th, 2006, 09:38 PM
YSU has not let me down all year, with the yearly exception against UNI.

Don't forget..........you come to the fabulous UNI-Dome next year!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

just teasin'............good luck YSU!!

FlyYtown
November 30th, 2006, 09:39 PM
YSU vs. MONTANA
December 15, 2006
ESPN2

I mean c-mon:::: That game could make it on ABC Primetime Saturday Night.. 2 of the most storied I-AA Legacies EVER WITH THE BEST FANS EVER!

and best STADIUMS too!

igo4uni
November 30th, 2006, 09:40 PM
I voted for YSU because of Mason.

Mr. C
December 1st, 2006, 01:25 AM
what if the champ struggles through all its games on its way to the championship and a majority of voters here cast there #1 vote for NDSU in the final poll will we have a split national champ like the BCS? lol ;)

I chose UNH, because I feel they have the most dangerous offense and that the defense can come up big when they need to, plus there 6-1 on the road where they will be for the whole playoffs unless Montana loses this weekend and UNH wins then UNH may have a shot at a home game.
There is almost no chance that New Hampshire would be home for a playoff matchup with Southern Illinois, should those two teams win in the quarterfinals. I would expect that Southern Illinois would have a better bid and the fact that the Salukis have a much better facility than Cowell Stadium would get the game for SIU, if the bids were equal. The only time that UNH has been at home since the 1994 playoffs was as the No. 1 seed last year.

GrizDen
December 1st, 2006, 05:06 PM
YSU vs. MONTANA
December 15, 2006
ESPN2

I mean c-mon:::: That game could make it on ABC Primetime Saturday Night.. 2 of the most storied I-AA Legacies EVER WITH THE BEST FANS EVER!

and best STADIUMS too!

I second that motion. But I'll raise it up to ESPN doing their vaunted "triple coverage" on ESPN, ESP2 and ESPNU:thumbsup:

Walkon79
December 1st, 2006, 05:49 PM
Cats pull a "Steelers" and win em all on the road. Now wouldn't that be something!!

GO CATS!! Now time to start the prefunction for tomorrow. 4:50 MST, and I'm out a here!!

Good luck to all tomorrow.

SeattleGriz
December 1st, 2006, 05:53 PM
Montana of course. The D has been great all year, and the offense is finally clicking. Peaking just in time for our third national championship. :nod: :nod: :nod:

Grizalltheway
December 1st, 2006, 07:10 PM
I second that motion. But I'll raise it up to ESPN doing their vaunted "triple coverage" on ESPN, ESP2 and ESPNU:thumbsup:

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Grizalltheway
December 1st, 2006, 07:14 PM
I'll add to the perception of an Appalachian State bias. I truly think they have the best team in the country again.

The Colts had the best team going into the playoffs last year :smiley_wi

Col Hogan
December 1st, 2006, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE=sdgriz24]If I had my wish it would be UM vs. MSU.
But my thought is YSU vs. UM with UM winning it.

Could not agreemore. Go UMass!

BrevardMountaineer03
December 1st, 2006, 07:58 PM
The Colts had the best team going into the playoffs last year :smiley_wi

They also lost a couple of games at the end of the regular season...App has rolled off 11 in a row.:nod: :twocents:

Live4Griz
December 1st, 2006, 08:05 PM
They also lost a couple of games at the end of the regular season...App has rolled off 11 in a row.:nod: :twocents:

Griz too!!

GO GRIZ

BrevardMountaineer03
December 1st, 2006, 08:08 PM
Good Luck to All!
Go APP!

BrevardMountaineer03
December 1st, 2006, 08:11 PM
It looks like (by the votes) that most people believe the seeds will hold 'serve'....:nod:

BEAR
December 1st, 2006, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the love UCA. I have to say I was very impressed with the Bears team I saw when we played them. You're right though, if our defense is on, we can be a very good team, but our offense has been struggling lately. We need to turn that around to have a chance.

How has the team looked lateley? If your defense plays like it did vs UCA, look out for an upset. What I saw in that game was a solid team with huge chemistry, that's why I am picking Ill. State. Get that offense rolling and you will be in the finals. :hurray:

P.S. You got lucky against UCA. We had a bad night on offense:eyebrow: ......(I wonder why....)xlolx

Go RedBirds!:thumbsup: :hurray:

Aaron Fairooz- 8 Receptions for 146 yards vs Illinois State.

blackfordpu
December 1st, 2006, 10:11 PM
I gotta go with UM. Just a gut feeling.

Tod
December 1st, 2006, 11:16 PM
I gotta go with UM. Just a gut feeling.
xprost2x xsmoochx

rcny46
December 1st, 2006, 11:51 PM
It looks like (by the votes) that most people believe the seeds will hold 'serve'....:nod:

Could we please keep the discussion of tennis to the appropriate boards? :D