PDA

View Full Version : I'm pulling for App St

CSUBUCDAD
November 30th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Since Coastal beat us, and App beat Coastal, I will pledge my support this weekend to the defending champs from App St.
Let's get it on......

sdgriz24
November 30th, 2006, 05:37 PM
I'm not.

Go MSU.Go Griz

rokamortis
November 30th, 2006, 05:38 PM
A S U

BrevardMountaineer03
November 30th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the support from the Big South!
Go App!

AppStateSVX
November 30th, 2006, 05:52 PM
much appreciated

Mountaineer
November 30th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Thanks guys. :nod: :rotateh:

Glad to have some folks on our side since we're getting double teamed from the Griz (who should be more worried with SIU, I know I would be) and Bobcat fans. :thumbsup:

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 30th, 2006, 06:56 PM

Glad to have some folks on our side since we're getting double teamed from the Griz (who should be more worried with SIU, I know I would be) and Bobcat fans. :thumbsup:
The current National Champion is always under the gun because everyone wants your spot.....................good luck. Don't worry about the Grizz....they can't win on the road......

appsfan
November 30th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the support.

griz37
November 30th, 2006, 07:04 PM
The current National Champion is always under the gun because everyone wants your spot.....................good luck. Don't worry about the Grizz....they can't win on the road......

We don't have to win on the road. Although the '95 team did beat Marshall at Marshall. Go Griz & ummmmm..... Go Cats. :(

chuges1
November 30th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Um...good for you? Im saying GO CATS!

ASUMountaineer
November 30th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Appreciate the support guys, but it sounds like the UM guys want MSU to win so badly so they don't have to play ASU in Chattanooga. I guarantee if you ask Griz fans they'll say they can beat MSU again to win the title, but they'd be a little more apprehensive if they had to play ASU.

Perhaps we should join forces and let the South rise again xlolx

Gonna be a great game Saturday

Tod
November 30th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Appreciate the support guys, but it sounds like the UM guys want MSU to win so badly so they don't have to play ASU in Chattanooga. I guarantee if you ask Griz fans they'll say they can beat MSU again to win the title, but they'd be a little more apprehensive if they had to play ASU.

Nah, more to do with state pride, at least for me. :) :)

Not saying I want to face ASU, but that has nothing to do with why I want the 'Cats to win. :cool:

sdgriz24
November 30th, 2006, 08:30 PM

Um no.If you ask Griz fans the reason they want the Cats to win is for the fact that most fans are from or live in Montana and want Montanans to win and to represent the Big Sky well.Bring on ASU we can beat ASU and MSU.Not smack you could also beat us but that is not why most of us want MSU to win.

Go Cats.Go Griz

ASUMountaineer
November 30th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Um no.If you ask Griz fans the reason they want the Cats to win is for the fact that most fans are from or live in Montana and want Montanans to win and to represent the Big Sky well.Bring on ASU we can beat ASU and MSU.Not smack you could also beat us but that is not why most of us want MSU to win.

Go Cats.Go Griz

Just a thought.

Wasn't saying it was a bad thing, just if UNC had to choose to play the winner of Duke or NCState (NC*****) they'd pick State to beat Duke...seems kind of logical, but it was just an opinion.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 30th, 2006, 08:42 PM

I think you've got support from a lot of the AGS eagles.

Bring another one home for the Socon, Apps...

Grizo406
November 30th, 2006, 09:19 PM

Its a state pride thing for me, too.

I'd love very few things more than to see a UM/MSU National Championship game. The ENTIRE state of Montana would close down for this one. And just like ASUMountaineer, I'll offer a guarantee of my own. Should this happen, the Griz will hang #3.

More apprehensive to play ASU for the NC?

For me, its more of a case of being afraid to play the Mountaineers for the NC than it is being apprehensive, but we'll take that 3rd flag anyway.;)

YoUDeeMan
November 30th, 2006, 09:27 PM
We don't have to win on the road. Although the '95 team did beat Marshall at Marshall. Go Griz & ummmmm..... Go Cats. :(

Uhhhhh....Chatty is on the road. :D

igo4uni
November 30th, 2006, 09:31 PM
I'm pulling for a good game!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. No, I am not a politician!!!

AlphaSigMD
November 30th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Just a thought.

Wasn't saying it was a bad thing, just if UNC had to choose to play the winner of Duke or NCState (NC*****) they'd pick State to beat Duke...seems kind of logical, but it was just an opinion.

This is (infact) a perfect arguement for many reasons.

1. Montana (playing the part of UNC) can beat montana state (NC State). Can they do this all the time...no, but they can win in theory because they've done it before.

2. Montana (once again playing UNC) cannot in any way, shape, form or imagination beat Appalachian State (Duke) this year...very similar to the way that UNC cannot in any way, shape or form beat Duke in Basketball.

P.S. I like how the CD related ASU to Duke in this case. Maybe he's becoming a Duke fan? In all fairness though... I can say I pulled for UNC 1 time ever...(as a favor to the C-wesh)...and they won the National Championship. I damn near puked. The some scars are too deep to ever heal...

FUOneTime
November 30th, 2006, 10:12 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Go App St!! Bring another NC to the SoCon.

Peems
November 30th, 2006, 10:15 PM
using UNC Duke bad example because they usually split the season series (last two years) and this year UNC is the better team. But as someone else on the MSU board said.

Who wants MSU to win for state pride?
A: everyone i know.

Who wants MSU to win so App. st. is out?
A: everyone i know

Souza
November 30th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Go App State. Give me some solace in getting beaten.

Appguy
November 30th, 2006, 11:23 PM
im pumped up guys espn is setting up the scaffolding for the cameras

Mr. C
November 30th, 2006, 11:27 PM
And you even had the Southern Conference people rooting for you that day, because Marshall was pretty much universally disliked by everyone who didn't live in West Viriginia. I still get goose bumps thinking about Dave Dickenson's final, game-winning drive.

Mr. C
November 30th, 2006, 11:34 PM
On the idea that Montana doesn't have to win on the road. Finley Stadium might as well be Kidd Brewer Stadium West. It certain was during the championship game last year. And keep in mind that Appalachian State would be making its fourth appearance at Finley Stadium in the past three years. The Mountaineers are about as comfortable there as they are anywhere other than KBS. Also, ASU played probably their best game of the season at Finley Stadium in the fifth week of the season, hammering Chattanooga. They have a lot of confidence there.

Appguy
December 1st, 2006, 12:22 AM
could be cause its only 4 hours and half away

December 1st, 2006, 12:26 AM
On the idea that Montana doesn't have to win on the road. Finley Stadium might as well be Kidd Brewer Stadium West...so sez the guy who wrote "Welcome to Missoulanooga" http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=64686 ... :) :p

Death Dealer
December 1st, 2006, 12:32 AM
Well, with my boys sitting at home this weekend, I gotta throw my support to the Apps. Go do the SOCON proud and get us a little revenge.xlolx

Death Dealer
December 1st, 2006, 12:44 AM
By the way, should this maybe be on the smack board? CSUBucDad, how about a poll attached to this?

CSUBUCDAD
December 1st, 2006, 07:40 AM
Alright then, poll it is. Cast your votes boys and girls.

chantman
December 1st, 2006, 08:02 AM
I'll be pulling for the guys whose home is at 3,333 ft. Go App!!

Griswold
December 1st, 2006, 08:06 AM
Alright then, poll it is. Cast your votes boys and girls.

Who you pulling for in the Griz vs Mountianeers game

If it comes to that I'll be pulling for ASU on Dec.15th vs the Griz but this weekend I'm pulling for ASU vs the Bobcats. :thumbsup:

hApPYaPpYFan
December 1st, 2006, 08:15 AM
Sure having some nasty weather today in NC and even worse out west. Hope things calm down by tomorrow, winds blowing about 30 miles per hour here now. Hope the Montana boys got on the plane before all that mess started out there.

lizrdgizrd
December 1st, 2006, 08:21 AM
Gotta root for the home team! Give props to the Griz fans supporting their conference-mates. We dig the love from our GSU and FU brothers too!

Mountaineer#96
December 1st, 2006, 08:40 AM
The rain that is falling right now is coming down hard with the wind blowing even harder.......praise the lord we got turf.

I was over at the stadium this morning running some steps and the ESPN crews were starting to set up in the pouring rain. They got all the trucks parked over by the main gate, like four tractor trailers worth of stuff. Saw Lynch going into the training room for treatment, from what he said he won't be missing this one. The secondary should be tightened up for the 'cats this week with their captain back in action.

Gosh Florida A&M's uniforms are horrible looking

OhioHen
December 1st, 2006, 09:21 AM
If there is an ASU-Griz matchup later this month, I'll make my "pulling for" decision at that time. ;)

th0m
December 1st, 2006, 09:23 AM
I like both ASU and Griz fans... (well most of 'm I guess)

ASU's won one last year, so lets give it to the Griz ;)

MYTAPPY
December 1st, 2006, 09:26 AM
Asking me if I'm pulling for App is like asking me if a one legged duck swims in a circle. OF COURSE!! :hurray:
Yes, and App/Griz rematch would be great. We need to revenge our playoff defeat a few years ago.

CSUBUCDAD
December 1st, 2006, 02:20 PM
Looks like App is a resounding favorite.

Walkon79
December 1st, 2006, 02:45 PM
If there is an ASU-Griz matchup later this month, I'll make my "pulling for" decision at that time. ;)

My thoughts exactly!! Forget who you're playing this week, and we'll OWN YA!

Every #1
Seed's
Primary
Nightmare -
2 Play the Cats!

appmountaineermaniac
December 1st, 2006, 02:58 PM
alphasigmd im sorry but thats awful unc never gets dominated by duke hansbrough I believe dominate all of dukes seniors by himself at dukes senior night last year.....oh and montana state arrived to practice at Kidd BREWER Stadium around 1:45 ah the heckles by ASU students. GO APP FIGHT APP KICK BOBCAT ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JDC325
December 1st, 2006, 03:55 PM

Really....;) GO ASU (man that hurt) Represent the SoCon well!!!!

yosef1969
December 1st, 2006, 04:36 PM
I would think it's commonplace to pull for your conference mates to win until they meet your team. I know as an ASU fan I wanted FU to make it to KBS last year. However, this year I never really chose sides. I knew Furman was banged up and honestly I like the idea of new blood coming into The Rock, this game should be a great one and the anticipation level is high b/c there is an uncertainty of not knowing what exactly to expect. Can't wait for 4pm Saturday.

CatFan
December 1st, 2006, 05:03 PM
Who says the Griz and App St. will meet?

CamelCityYosef
December 1st, 2006, 05:13 PM

That's true! The Griz might not make it! xlolx :smiley_wi

GOKATS
December 1st, 2006, 05:50 PM

I didn't vote....seems pointless to have a poll on a game that may or may not happen.

ASUMountaineer
December 1st, 2006, 07:12 PM
This is (infact) a perfect arguement for many reasons.

1. Montana (playing the part of UNC) can beat montana state (NC State). Can they do this all the time...no, but they can win in theory because they've done it before.

2. Montana (once again playing UNC) cannot in any way, shape, form or imagination beat Appalachian State (Duke) this year...very similar to the way that UNC cannot in any way, shape or form beat Duke in Basketball.

P.S. I like how the CD related ASU to Duke in this case. Maybe he's becoming a Duke fan? In all fairness though... I can say I pulled for UNC 1 time ever...(as a favor to the C-wesh)...and they won the National Championship. I damn near puked. The some scars are too deep to ever heal...

First, KDL thanks for the support. Second, of course Carolina can beat Duke...like they will both times this year! Third, there is no way I will become a Duke fan. Only three times would I ever consider pulling for Duke (NC*****, Ohio State, and Davidson). Speaking of, you had to be pulling for UNC over Ohio State, come on...how could you pull for Ohio State...Go every team in Michigan that plays Ohio State.

BrevardMountaineer03
December 1st, 2006, 07:17 PM
Really....;) GO ASU (man that hurt) Represent the SoCon well!!!!

I thank you for your support...I understand, it was hard to route for the Paladins last week..but I feel SoCon loyalty over Conference Rivalry!:thumbsup:

appman87
December 1st, 2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the support. GO ASU. BEAT the CATS.

ASU 28

MSU 14

blackfordpu
December 1st, 2006, 11:00 PM
Griz will win.