Got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

centennial
September 5th, 2015, 07:25 PM
PAC 12
13-0 Oregon

centennial
September 5th, 2015, 07:29 PM
20-16 Mocs 8:16 4th. Montrell Pardue ripped it away from the JSU back and took it to the house.
Correct thread?

chattownmocs
September 5th, 2015, 07:29 PM
Correct thread?

trying to delete

centennial
September 5th, 2015, 07:49 PM
Oregon 20
EWU 7

centennial
September 5th, 2015, 08:09 PM
27-14
EWU is kinda hanging in there.

Cleets
September 5th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Anybody watching this still doubt that Kupp plays on Sunday in a few years..?
He's just flat dominant

No_Skill
September 5th, 2015, 08:25 PM
I really like kupp.

Green1
September 5th, 2015, 08:32 PM
Anybody watching this still doubt that Kupp plays on Sunday in a few years..?
He's just flat dominant

No doubt. He is a man amongst boys out there!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 5th, 2015, 08:36 PM
Every time they go to tackle him, it's Two Chicks, One Kupp

Vitojr130
September 5th, 2015, 08:48 PM
Observations so far:

Now, I am no fan of EWU, but they are getting shafted by these refs. Oregon lines up offsides 90% of the time and the refs ignore it.

Also, Oregon's coach is a tool. To say that the reason Kupp is doing so well is because Oregon's defense isn't up to par is stupid. Kupp is a great receiver, regardless of division.

centennial
September 5th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Observations so far:

Now, I am no fan of EWU, but they are getting shafted by these refs. Oregon lines up offsides 90% of the time and the refs ignore it.

Also, Oregon's coach is a tool. To say that the reason Kupp is doing so well is because Oregon's defense isn't up to par is stupid. Kupp is a great receiver, regardless of division.
Welcome to P5 home cooking 101.

No_Skill
September 5th, 2015, 09:01 PM
I swear when Oregon was called for offsides late in the first half, the ref had a look of disgust on his face when he annouced it.

Vitojr130
September 5th, 2015, 09:47 PM
The backup qb for EWU has my attention...

No_Skill
September 5th, 2015, 10:01 PM
Wtf was that?

Vitojr130
September 5th, 2015, 10:10 PM
I think EWU just killed Vernon Adams. Well, close enough.

JALMOND
September 5th, 2015, 10:13 PM
I think EWU just killed Vernon Adams. Well, close enough.

Very dirty play by EWU linebacker. Then very unclassy motion to the crowd as he left the field.

Vitojr130
September 5th, 2015, 10:14 PM
Yup. 44 deserves whatever punishment comes his way.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 10:20 PM
Anyone else not shocked EWU would pull a classless stunt like this?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

FargoBison
September 5th, 2015, 10:24 PM
Any gifs or videos of what went down?

JALMOND
September 5th, 2015, 10:26 PM
Any gifs or videos of what went down?

I'm sure it will be on ESPN later. Hope it was worth it for that player.

FargoBison
September 5th, 2015, 10:30 PM
Found some video....Stay classy EWU...

https://twitter.com/JordanHeckFF/status/640361761699405828

BisonBacker
September 5th, 2015, 10:31 PM

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TapatalkSaw the play and it was flat out a cheap shot. No not surprised.

Cocky
September 5th, 2015, 10:34 PM
He lead with his shoulder. Didnt see the leaving of the field but the hit, was a penalty, but just part of the game.

FargoBison
September 5th, 2015, 10:35 PM
Here is the clip of him coming off the field...

https://twitter.com/dkurtenbach/status/640361925352771584

BlueHenSinfonian
September 5th, 2015, 11:05 PM

Eh, it didn't look egregious to me, it looked like he was in motion to tackle and the QB slid after he'd already committed. I'd be hesitant to even call that a penalty, but the rules are pretty strict on QB hits now. It didn't look intentional.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 11:07 PM
Eh, it didn't look egregious to me, it looked like he was in motion to tackle and the QB slid after he'd already committed. I'd be hesitant to even call that a penalty, but the rules are pretty strict on QB hits now. It didn't look intentional.
Adams knee was down during the slide before he started his lunge. Couple that with how he acted when he was leaving the field...it's not hard to put 2 and 2 together.

That was 100% intentional. While Baldwin might have chewed him on the sideline in public, you know he was okay with in privately.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 5th, 2015, 11:12 PM
Adams knee was down during the slide before he started his lunge. Couple that with how he acted when he was leaving the field...it's not hard to put 2 and 2 together.

That was 100% intentional. While Baldwin might have chewed him on the sideline in public, you know he was okay with in privately.

It looks like the defender was starting his lunge as the QBs knee hit, the knee have have hit a split second before, but if it was a late hit, it was barely one, easily within the bounds of an honest mistake borne out of aggressive D and not an attempt to purposefully hit late.

The taunting motion walking off the field was tacky though.

Missingnumber7
September 5th, 2015, 11:12 PM
He lead with his shoulder. Didnt see the leaving of the field but the hit, was a penalty, but just part of the game.

He launched, he took aim, and he made contact at or above the shoulders on a defenseless player, text book targeting. Easy call.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 11:17 PM
It looks like the defender was starting his lunge as the QBs knee hit, the knee have have hit a split second before, but if it was a late hit, it was barely one, easily within the bounds of an honest mistake borne out of aggressive D and not an attempt to purposefully hit late.

No...just no.

That was the definition of a late and dirty hit. Adams was clearly "giving up" on the play and sliding WELL BEFORE he started his motion, which was aimed right at the head.

Cocky
September 5th, 2015, 11:18 PM

The taunting motion appear to out of one of his old teammates textbooks.

Cocky
September 5th, 2015, 11:19 PM
He launched, he took aim, and he made contact at or above the shoulders on a defenseless player, text book targeting. Easy call.

In today world it was a penalty but look like a "just a part of the game" type play.

Sycamore62
September 5th, 2015, 11:22 PM
The EWU player should have watched it on youtube or twitter for 10 minutes before he decided to hit him.

Missingnumber7
September 5th, 2015, 11:22 PM
In today world it was a penalty but look like a "just a part of the game" type play.

As a college official, most of the hits that are, or should be flagged as targeting really don't have any part in the game and if you look at it and say ooh that looks cheap, there should probably be a flag on the ground.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 5th, 2015, 11:29 PM
No...just no.

That was the definition of a late and dirty hit. Adams was clearly "giving up" on the play and sliding WELL BEFORE he started his motion, which was aimed right at the head.

Here's a Youtube Link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy5V4ftrkAQ).

Set it to play at quarter speed, which is as close as you can get to frame by frame, and you'll see the EWU player was already falling forward when the Oregon Player slides. Any contact above the pads was incidental to the fact that the two were going in opposite directions.

Missingnumber7
September 5th, 2015, 11:40 PM

Set it to play at quarter speed, which is as close as you can get to frame by frame, and you'll see the EWU player was already falling forward when the Oregon Player slides. Any contact above the pads was incidental to the fact that the two were going in opposite directions.

Doesn't matter if its incidental or not. VA was a defenseless player once he begins his slide any contact above the shoulders is targeting.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 5th, 2015, 11:42 PM
Doesn't matter if its incidental or not. VA was a defenseless player once he begins his slide any contact above the shoulders is targeting.

That may be how the rule is written, but it doesn't make the play dirty. If anything the play was an example of a poorly written rule.

JALMOND
September 5th, 2015, 11:44 PM

I wonder if Adams' buddies on EWU will let that guy on the bus. That might be the real question here.

Bisonwinagn
September 5th, 2015, 11:47 PM
I wonder if Adams' buddies on EWU will let that guy on the bus. That might be the real question here.

That would be fun there is probably a 50-50 split on the number of buddies he has.

Missingnumber7
September 6th, 2015, 12:02 AM
That may be how the rule is written, but it doesn't make the play dirty. If anything the play was an example of a poorly written rule.

The way NFHS wrote their targeting rule is dumb...the NCAA rule is very easy to officiate.

1. No player shall target and make forcible contact against an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet. When in question, it is a foul.
2. Forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder.

Those are cut and paste directly from the NCAA rules book. I sat through a clinic when an NCAA rep said "When in doubt whip it out" They would rather see players ejected for calls that are borderline and deal with the upheaval from that than have an official have to contemplate their future over throwing a no doubt flag. It has changed the level that I work, we don't have replay so an ejection is final. We have much more clean true tackling and fewer blowup hits. We have only as a crew thrown 1 targeting in college games in 3 years.

Professor Chaos
September 6th, 2015, 12:20 AM
It was a blatant cheap shot and it's pretty clear for several reasons. Had he been truly sizing Adams up for a tackle without thinking he was going to slide he would've been aiming for his shins and had his head down so he couldn't even see what he was hitting. His left arm rakes Adams across the chest/neck as he hits him helmet to helmet which is not a natural tackling motion. Beyond that the game situation isn't a place where you're going to expect a QB to be trying to get fancy so it's common sense that he's going to slide (although Oregon is just as much at fault for that for leaving Adams out there at that point in the game).

Red & Black
September 6th, 2015, 01:18 AM

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Seriously? It was a bad late hit and a poor decision by one player. Baldwin destroyed him afterwards on the sidelines. GTFO with that.

Red & Black
September 6th, 2015, 01:25 AM
While Baldwin might have chewed him on the sideline in public, you know he was okay with in privately. BS. That is an absolutely baseless statement. You're obviously completely oblivious to the fact that Baldwin and VA still maintain a close relationship. And even if they didn't, he wouldn't be ok with with it. What a crock of ****.

Cocky
September 6th, 2015, 08:26 AM

It was a penalty play but not a cheap shot. The defensive player cant magically stop his momentum because the offensive player started his slide before contact.

Where the officials messed up was not giving an additional unsportsman like conduct penalty for the sideline antics.

kalm
September 6th, 2015, 08:26 AM

Completely correct. The slide and lunge were simultaneous at worst. This type of hit happens about 23 times a game - especially on kick returns. QB is obviously a protected position and the call is more likely. I'm fine with the call. The ejection was overkill. Kreifel's gestures were stupid. Baldwin ran down the sideline and corrected the young player. I'm sure this happened again in the locker room.

Everything played out fine. I'm sorry for your loss yesterday but this too shall pass, Clenzy!

xlovex

laxVik
September 6th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Impressed with EWU's offense!

Red & Black
September 6th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Completely correct. The slide and lunge were simultaneous at worst. This type of hit happens about 23 times a game - especially on kick returns. QB is obviously a protected position and the call is more likely. I'm fine with the call. The ejection was overkill. Kreifel's gestures were stupid. Baldwin ran down the sideline and corrected the young player. I'm sure this happened again in the locker room.

Everything played out fine. I'm sorry for your loss yesterday but this too shall pass, Clenzy!

xlovex

That's a good point. I thought he was late, but both players were lunging simultaneously. I was kind of more pissed off about his reaction to the crowd.

Nickels
September 6th, 2015, 10:32 AM
I was kind of more pissed off about his reaction to the crowd.
This is the part that confirms EWUs trashiness.

Missingnumber7
September 6th, 2015, 11:42 AM
It was a penalty play but not a cheap shot. The defensive player cant magically stop his momentum because the offensive player started his slide before contact.

Where the officials messed up was not giving an additional unsportsman like conduct penalty for the sideline antics.
What are they going to penalize there? He has already been ejected.

Missingnumber7
September 6th, 2015, 11:44 AM

xlovex

how is the ejection overkill. The penalty for targeting is 15 yards and ejection.

it was unnecessary roughness until he leads with his head and makes contact above the shoulders. Two seperate justifications for targeting.

Hammerhead
September 6th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Impressed with EWU's offense!

Considering Oregon put up more than 50 points on 4 different FBS teams last year, their defense didn't do too bad.

kalm
September 6th, 2015, 12:05 PM
how is the ejection overkill. The penalty for targeting is 15 yards and ejection.

it was unnecessary roughness until he leads with his head and makes contact above the shoulders. Two seperate justifications for targeting.

Like i said, that same hit goes uncalled numerous times per game. The majority of the blow was shoulder pad to chest and ball and he was laying out at a moving target. Not cut and dry in the least if you watch the video. It's a judgement call that I disagree with.

I'm not claiming we got screwed. Just disagree with the ejection.

clenz
September 6th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Like i said, that same hit goes uncalled numerous times per game. .
No it doesn't

dwtime
September 6th, 2015, 01:26 PM

Ah hmmm not really, led with his helmet.

FargoBison
September 6th, 2015, 01:36 PM
No it doesn't

Yep, that hit is an automatic targeting flag every time.

If people are arguing about that they haven't been watching football the past few years.

wmmii
September 6th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Yep watch the replay, think it was not intentional as he was trying to dive over the QB but he lead with his head and made contact helmet to helmet and that is a no-no.....

kalm
September 6th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Yep watch the replay, think it was not intentional as he was trying to dive over the QB but he lead with his head and made contact helmet to helmet and that is a no-no.....

Agreed.

Cocky
September 6th, 2015, 07:44 PM
What are they going to penalize there? He has already been ejected.
You could still give Oregon another 15 yds

Vitojr130
September 6th, 2015, 11:17 PM
That was a pretty dirty hit. It looked a lot like targeting and he deserved what he got.

That being said, EWU has a scary offense this year.

Missingnumber7
September 6th, 2015, 11:28 PM
Like i said, that same hit goes uncalled numerous times per game. The majority of the blow was shoulder pad to chest and ball and he was laying out at a moving target. Not cut and dry in the least if you watch the video. It's a judgement call that I disagree with.

I'm not claiming we got screwed. Just disagree with the ejection.

That gets called because he is a defenseless player...and if it isn't the officials that are responsible for that area are getting severly downgraded on that call. 1 out of every 3 videos/Approved Rulings the NCAA sends out covers targeting. It is pretty cut and dry if you go through the training. Listening to the idiots in the booth announce and disagree with it gets old.

And you can't have targeting in this case without the ejection.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 7th, 2015, 12:33 AM
That gets called because he is a defenseless player...and if it isn't the officials that are responsible for that area are getting severly downgraded on that call. 1 out of every 3 videos/Approved Rulings the NCAA sends out covers targeting. It is pretty cut and dry if you go through the training. Listening to the idiots in the booth announce and disagree with it gets old.

Like I said, I'm not saying the call was bad based on the rules as written, just that the rules as written are bad. There should be a difference between an incidental hit and purposeful malicious targeting. I also think that 'running into the kicker' penalties should go away. If a defender is in motion before the player he makes contact with makes himself suddenly protected, that defender shouldn't be penalized for that hit.

For an ejection the officials should have to reach a consensus that a disallowed hit was intentional.

JALMOND
September 7th, 2015, 01:53 AM
For an ejection the officials should have to reach a consensus that a disallowed hit was intentional.

That is what happened in the game. The officials called the personal foul, targeting, then went to review the play with the replay booth. They then conferred, said the penalty was "confirmed" and then ejected the player. They did not just eject the player based on what happened on the field. I thought it was a very coordinated effort on the officials, using the replay like that. If they would have seen it as "incidental" they would not have ejected the player.

Cocky
September 7th, 2015, 06:55 AM
Does intent have to enter the picture? I thought if your first contact was above the shoulders on a defenseless player you may be or should be ejected?
And first contact doesnt have to be with the helmet.

clenz
September 7th, 2015, 07:51 AM
Does intent have to enter the picture? I thought if your first contact was above the shoulders on a defenseless player you may be or should be ejected?
And first contact doesnt have to be with the helmet.
Intent has been taken out of the rule.

chattownmocs
September 7th, 2015, 08:01 AM
There is no way he goes in to make a tackle like that unless he knows exactly what the QB is doing, where he is going to end up and exactly what he needs to do to deliver a head shot. You guys can't be serious. Its not bang bang at all. If he would have dove like that and adams kept running he would have ended up 3 yards behind him.

chattownmocs
September 7th, 2015, 08:08 AM

What? Look at the angle he was taking? He actually cuts back when he realizes adams is sliding just so he can get a cheap shot in. He wasn't the close one to adams when he started sliding. Adams wasnt even sliding to avoid that dude. He wouldnt for that guy. He was sliding so the guy in front of him didn't hit him.

kalm
September 7th, 2015, 08:27 AM
What? Look at the angle he was taking? He actually cuts back when he realizes adams is sliding just so he can get a cheap shot in. He wasn't the close one to adams when he started sliding. Adams wasnt even sliding to avoid that dude. He wouldnt for that guy. He was sliding so the guy in front of him didn't hit him.

Incorrect. Look at a clip where the angle is from above. Pause the video and then slow motion it back and forth. Vernon's head turns toward Kreifels and that's clearly who he's sliding to avoid. Whether the launch and slide are simultaneous is debatable and under full speed it's indeed pretty much bang-bang. I'm not disputing the legality of the hit, just the intention. Kreifels was late and made a mistake. Late hits happen.

chattownmocs
September 7th, 2015, 08:46 AM
Incorrect. Look at a clip where the angle is from above. Pause the video and then slow motion it back and forth. Vernon's head turns toward Kreifels and that's clearly who he's sliding to avoid. Whether the launch and slide are simultaneous is debatable and under full speed it's indeed pretty much bang-bang. I'm not disputing the legality of the hit, just the intention. Kreifels was late and made a mistake. Late hits happen.

That's ridiculous. He doesn't even see that dude until he is already down and jerks his head at the last minute when he realizes "oh ****, this dude is about to hit me in the head." At the very, very least even if the defender was the only one who didn't pull up because he didn't realize adams was sliding he could have flown right over the top of him.

kalm
September 7th, 2015, 10:06 AM
That's ridiculous. He doesn't even see that dude until he is already down and jerks his head at the last minute when he realizes "oh ****, this dude is about to hit me in the head." At the very, very least even if the defender was the only one who didn't pull up because he didn't realize adams was sliding he could have flown right over the top of him.

I don't know what you're looking at but this video shows Adams clearly turning toward, seeing Kreifels when he's still 5 yards down field, and ducking into a slide to avoid the coming hit. He's almost completely facing him at this moment and hasn't completely hit the ground as Kreifels is launching.

It's plain as day. I really can't help more than this.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25292370/oregon-qb-vernon-adams-jr-leaves-game-after-late-hit-to-head

clenz
September 7th, 2015, 10:28 AM
Okay...so...

Let's say he dove before Adams. That means he was diving at Adams's knee with a clear disregard for safety, head first and down.

X-Factor
September 7th, 2015, 11:09 AM
I may get flack for this but I don't care. EWU is #1 in my ballot this week. I'm not into moral victories, but this was an impressive performance.

kalm
September 7th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Okay...so...

Let's say he dove before Adams. That means he was diving at Adams's knee with a clear disregard for safety, head first and down.

I don't know. You claim to be good at looking into people's souls. You tell me.

Red & Black
September 7th, 2015, 08:07 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63TUc_vv84k

What about helmet to helmet to the back of the head while the QB is down? Someone posted this over on our page.

clenz
September 7th, 2015, 08:08 PM
I don't know. You claim to be good at looking into people's souls. You tell me.
You, and others, have claimed he dove before Adam's started his slide.

If that is true isn't where he ended up hitting Adams (in terms of height off the ground) he likely would have been right at knee height?

Red & Black
September 7th, 2015, 08:15 PM
This is the part that confirms EWUs trashiness.

Trashiness? I already said that it was a dumb play and the correct call. If I don't think he was intentionally trying to hurt Adams, then why wouldn't I be more pissed off about his actions after the fact?

Red & Black
September 7th, 2015, 08:27 PM

If that is true isn't where he ended up hitting Adams (in terms of height off the ground) he likely would have been right at knee height?

You have also claimed that it was intentional and that Baldwin would encourage or condone that type of conduct. Care to elaborate on how "you know he was ok with it?"

http://s18.postimg.org/shgl2gu2v/Capture.png

clenz
September 7th, 2015, 08:32 PM
You have also claimed that it was intentional and that Baldwin would encourage or condone that type of conduct. Care to elaborate on how "you know he was ok with it?"

http://s18.postimg.org/shgl2gu2v/Capture.pngI said I don't think he's as upset with it outside of the public opinion as we'd want to believe - just as most of EWU players and fans likely aren't too upset about it.

He is upset about taking a penalty. He is upset about getting thrown out. He is upset about a stupid play.

I don't think he's too upset about getting a hard shot on Adams that might not have happened to another QB

Red & Black
September 7th, 2015, 08:34 PM
I said I don't think he's as upset with it outside of the public opinion as we'd want to believe - just as most of EWU players and fans likely aren't too upset about it.

He is upset about taking a penalty. He is upset about getting thrown out. He is upset about a stupid play.

I don't think he's too upset about getting a hard shot on Adams that might not have happened to another QB

You also don't know Beau Baldwin, nor are you familiar with Eastern Washington. So what you "think" means jack and ****.

Cocky
September 7th, 2015, 08:34 PM

What about helmet to helmet to the back of the head while the QB is down? Someone posted this over on our page.

Was he ejected? He should have been ejected, too. I dont believe his intend was to hit him late either but rules are rules.

Missingnumber7
September 7th, 2015, 08:35 PM

That was one that probably should've been called late hit with targeting and gone to replay. I think that it would've ended up with the same result. I don't know if there were any better angles. The second angle does make it look like the first contact was with the head where as the first contact looks like low back and the whiplash was what caused the helmet contact. When the C throws that flag from behind thats tough, and the H or L don't remember who it was coming at should've at least had the Late Hit it didnt' appear he threw a flag, but he wouldn't have had a good angle. The umpire or BJ would've had the best angle but the BJ would've been downfield on the pass play.

I'm sure they had a discussion today about it. If you see the white hat talking to the C before he reports and it almost looks like he asks "with targeting?" and the C says something but is off camera. I would think that in a game where you have replay available, it happens so quick you have to call it and let replay look at it and decide. But with those angles I wouldn't have been able to change a call on the field either way, and if they don't call it on the field you cant challenge it to add to it so they are encouraging it to be called.

After the other one that was called I can definately see the reason to complain. I would hope that is a call sent in to the PAC-12 and your coach would at least get the officials explaination for why it wasn't called.

Missingnumber7
September 7th, 2015, 08:42 PM
The hit on Adams makes a little more sense as the video you shared happened before the hit on Adams. I wonder if that had some effect on the officials call, thinking it was possibly retaliation. I still say that you call them both targeting and have the replay official overturn them. It all happens at such a quick speed.

Cocky
September 7th, 2015, 08:43 PM
It was more of a helmet to helmet than the EWU on Oregon hit. The other was shoulder to helment which is illegal, too. Both should have been ejected and the NCAA should suspend the Oregon player for next week.

Missingnumber7
September 7th, 2015, 08:46 PM
It was more of a helmet to helmet than the EWU on Oregon hit. The other was shoulder to helment which is illegal, too. Both should have been ejected and the NCAA should suspend the Oregon player for next week.

If you are ejected for targeting you only miss 2 halves...the rest of the half you are currently playing and the next half. So if targeting happens with :01 left in the first half, the player misses 30:01 of game time and is eligible next game. If you get called for targeting in the 2nd half you miss the first half of the next game. There is some discussion of changing it to 4 quarters instead of 2 halves but so far no movement.

Cocky
September 7th, 2015, 08:52 PM
His two halves should be the next game.

clenz
September 7th, 2015, 08:55 PM
Both should have been ejected and the NCAA should suspend the Oregon player for next week.
First part is true.

Second part, do you feel the EWU play should be suspended?

clenz
September 7th, 2015, 08:56 PM
False.

Pause that video at 1:16. The facemask is in the center of the shoulder pads between the QB's shoulders

clenz
September 7th, 2015, 08:58 PM
I did the work for you

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21305&stc=1

Cocky
September 7th, 2015, 09:08 PM
First part is true.

Second part, do you feel the EWU play should be suspended?

yes

Cocky
September 7th, 2015, 09:12 PM
Which is after his helmet had contacted the other players helmet. The impact cause the facemask to contact the shoulder pads.

Red & Black
September 7th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Was he ejected? He should have been ejected, too. I dont believe his intend was to hit him late either but rules are rules.

Yes he was. And he should have been, as per the rule. I have no issues with them ejecting him. What I do have issues with is someone commenting that a HC, let alone Beau Badwin, would encourage targeting of a former player that he recruited and developed because he is somehow bitter that he transferred. Just not the case.

Red & Black
September 7th, 2015, 09:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7j-EAJtg60

BTW, for those implying that Baldwin is bitter about losing VA to Oregon, it doesn't look like the offense has missed much of a beat. I'd say both QB's that played on Saturday looked pretty darn good. Here's the backup - a Freshman playing in his first collegiate game against the #7 team in the country.

kalm
September 7th, 2015, 10:00 PM

Yes. If that is what you're searching for.

But I need some more of your help. How did Helfrich feel after the late hit on Hennessey? Did he secretly like it? Should I hate Oregon football for these imagined transgressions?

kalm
September 7th, 2015, 10:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7j-EAJtg60

BTW, for those implying that Baldwin is bitter about losing VA to Oregon, it doesn't look like the offense has missed much of a beat. I'd say both QB's that played on Saturday looked pretty darn good. Here's the backup - a Freshman playing in his first collegiate game against the #7 team in the country.

Watching coach B and Helfrich shake hands after the game and spend a few moments longer than usual exchanging words, it all appeared to amiable.

Gawdammit!

And then Baldwin had the temerity to shower praises on Oregon's program and UNI during tonight's coaches show. How am I suppose to hate these other football programs I truly only know on the periphery when he does **** like that?

Truly classless. xsmhx

BisonLurker
September 7th, 2015, 10:51 PM

Dang, that's just an uncalled for hit, especially with all the new information about concussions/etc.