PDA

View Full Version : Stony Brook

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 5th, 2015, 07:15 PM
I've read that Toledo is trying to get their $$& back from the game.
Whats being reported (out of Toledo) is that SB didnt want to resume the game on Friday afternoon because they then would have had to bus back to NY. They flew home on their charter as scheduled.

Whats SBs side to this storyline?

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 07:17 PM
If that's the case the SB is in the "wrong".

Toledo should give them enough to cover their travel home and get the rest back

PAllen
September 5th, 2015, 07:40 PM
Win the game and that is the best bus ride ever.

Seriously, who schedules a charter with so little leeway that if the game is delayed or goes into multiple overtimes then you can't use the charter?

RootinFerDukes
September 6th, 2015, 08:06 AM
Sorry but the Fcs team should never have to repay some of their money unless it's in the contract's language. If Toledo wanted their money's worth, they should've never cancelled the game. Postpone it to Friday, play until 4am, whatever. Just finish the game or realize that you're not getting your money back.

tribe_pride
September 6th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Sorry but the Fcs team should never have to repay some of their money unless it's in the contract's language. If Toledo wanted their money's worth, they should've never cancelled the game. Postpone it to Friday, play until 4am, whatever. Just finish the game or realize that you're not getting your money back.

From York's post, it appears that Toledo wanted to play on Friday but SBU said no.

Laker
September 6th, 2015, 08:24 AM
I'm surprised that they didn't work something out. That is about a ten hour bus trip according to Mapquest. MSU-Mankato has conference games about that far away.

I wonder how soon SB will be on Toledo's- or any MAC team schedule in the near future.

Catsfan90
September 6th, 2015, 08:38 AM
I'm surprised that they didn't work something out. That is about a ten hour bus trip according to Mapquest. MSU-Mankato has conference games about that far away.

I wonder how soon SB will be on Toledo's- or any MAC team schedule in the near future.
10 hours is nothing. Seems like SB being cheap and it is costing them regardless. Also that screws up Toledo's bowl eligibility. They are now down a game.

superman7515
September 6th, 2015, 08:47 AM
http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/550506

Lightning delays totaling three hours and 28 minutes turned the evening into an absurd comedy of sorts before the game was suspended with the Rockets leading 16-7 at halftime. The game will not be resumed, as Stony Brook continued with its plans to fly home to New York.

Toledo can petition the Mid-American Conference and the NCAA to have the game count as a victory, though any official determination as to how the game will count – if at all – had not been made early Friday morning.

FWIW, seems the majority of Toledo fans on the boards seem to think it's no big deal and that most teams charter flights relatively close to the end of game time, so it's just an unfortunate situation and one that most aren't making a fuss about other than hoping they don't miss a bowl because of it.

oceandogs
September 6th, 2015, 09:38 AM
I'm surprised to see most of you on Toledo's side here. Last year when the Florida - Idaho game was cancelled, Florida refunded all tickets AND paid Idaho the entire $975,000 they were guaranteed. Toledo isn't refunding ticket sales for this game.

Granted I don't know what the norm is for these situations.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 6th, 2015, 09:41 AM
I'm surprised to see most of you on Toledo's side here. Last year when the Florida - Idaho game was cancelled, Florida refunded all tickets AND paid Idaho the entire $975,000 they were guaranteed. Toledo isn't refunding ticket sales for this game.

Florida has so much money they don't know what to do with it all. Not so Toledo.

RootinFerDukes
September 6th, 2015, 10:45 AM
From York's post, it appears that Toledo wanted to play on Friday but SBU said no.

Well then that's crappy on stony brook's part. However, if toledo's scheduling contracts don't have a clause about what happens with inclement weather and postponements/cancellations, then there's not much they can do.
They should learn from the experience and don't let themselves get burnt in the future. Maybe don't schedule stony brook again too.

A side note. Stony brook is a rumored program that the Mac may want to add in the future. It is NOT in stony brook's best interests to burn a bridge with one of the more prominent Mac programs.

dgtw
September 6th, 2015, 02:32 PM

The Florida game was called after one play. This game lasted until halftime. Not sure that makes a difference, just putting that out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk