Anywhere to watch this game online?

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 07:14 PM
check your PM

UNI offense looks...like it's in it's first game. DAMN

Also, I think I hear vuvuzelas

centennial
September 5th, 2015, 07:16 PM
Mark Mangino O is entertaining when it works.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 07:19 PM
Man I hope this offense works...I really hope it works

Please let it work

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Way too early overreaction

I don't like Bailey

- - - Updated - - -

Also..this fast paced promotion they promised is...well...bull**** early

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2015, 07:26 PM
Way too early overreaction

I don't like Bailey

- - - Updated - -

Also..this fast paced promotion they promised is...well...bull**** early

What is he like compared to SK? Faster? Better arm?

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 07:27 PM
What is he like compared to SK? Faster? Better arm?
Bailey?

Think Rennie but bigger, stronger and faster

4* from high school with offers from Ohio State, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Iowa, etc...

Runs about a 4.5 40, build like a tank (in relative terms to other QBs), but not a polished passer (like most running QBs). Strong arm, but not great technique so not entirely accurate all of the time.

He has 7 carries for 49 yards so far in the first quarter

centennial
September 5th, 2015, 07:28 PM
Both teams struggling on O for now.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 07:28 PM
Early comparison that comes to mind is Roberson at ISU

Roberson is 6'1 201
Bailey is 6'2 226

centennial
September 5th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Year after year Iowa State sucks but the stadium is packed.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 07:35 PM
Year after year Iowa State sucks but the stadium is packed.
Delusion is a hell of a drug.

If they ever could get good they could sell 70k tickets I'd bet, honestly.

Typically by the end of the season the stadium is well over half empty

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 07:38 PM
scoreless after 1

ISU 4th an 9 from about the 41 to start the 2nd

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2015, 07:47 PM
UNI up 7-0

centennial
September 5th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Gave the frekin ball back.

centennial
September 5th, 2015, 08:04 PM
The game is pure comedy now. WTH

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 08:04 PM
Jesus ****

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

centennial
September 5th, 2015, 08:07 PM
And he misses it. LOL. It actually is comedy. 7-7.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 08:07 PM
Balls all over the field.

UNI forces missed FG

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 08:08 PM
And he misses it. LOL. It actually is comedy. 7-7.
If UNI could hold on to the ball they'd be okay..........

That's a big if right now

centennial
September 5th, 2015, 08:12 PM
And just like that Iowa State is at the 26

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 08:15 PM
Field position is not UNIS friend right now

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 08:33 PM
UNIs offense looks like it's a bunch of guys recruited for a power zone with vertical routes and being forced into running a spread quick hit system...

Oh...

Wait....

At some point it's going to click and be nice. Until then...well...it's really good or really bad. Not much in the middle

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 09:08 PM
I'm done with Bailey.

I didn't like him coming in from the start. He doesn't make decisions quick enough for this offense

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 09:15 PM
UNI's defense is doing well considering the **** they had for an offense and special teams supporting them

PantherRob82
September 5th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Tired of this crap already an the first game isn't over.

IBleedYellow
September 5th, 2015, 09:18 PM
I want to play UNI asap

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 09:28 PM
Extremely done with bailey.

He can't make a ****ing read

IBleedYellow
September 5th, 2015, 09:30 PM
Extremely done with bailey.

He can't make a ****ing read

He's very young. You said it yourself.

Those reads come with time.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 09:32 PM
He's very young. You said it yourself.

Those reads come with time.
No. Bailey is a JR

Bailey couldn't see the field at Illinois.

Bailey shouldn't see the field at UNI

Bailey reads a defense as well as lakes reads a picture book

IBleedYellow
September 5th, 2015, 09:44 PM
No. Bailey is a JR

Bailey couldn't see the field at Illinois.

Bailey shouldn't see the field at UNI

Bailey reads a defense as well as lakes reads a picture book

Bwahaha omg.

Put it SAWYER!

FargoBison
September 5th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Clenz what is up with Farely's obsession with QB's that are athletic and can run around but are not really in my opinion that great at actually being a QB.

Kollmorgen is better than this guy...Seems to be Carnes all over again.

The Yo Show
September 5th, 2015, 10:14 PM
Darn, I was really hoping for a great showing by UNI. I haven't actually seen the game, but from everyone's comments, I take it the offense is the issue?

Twentysix
September 5th, 2015, 10:17 PM
Wow. This game was so boring I couldn't even watch it straight through... I kept watching some then walking away from the TV and eventually going back.

Color me disappointed.

*part of this probably has to do with me watching numerous other games that had 10+ td in them prior to this one.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 10:20 PM
What a ****ing joke.

I'm pretty close to wanting Farley gone

birdsflyhigh
September 5th, 2015, 10:23 PM
Guess I missed the memo on how the ISU Cyclones were supposed to be world beaters this season. Ha....UNI fails miserably at representing FCS. An absolute beatdown by Iowa State.....WOW!

Karma for the hate mongering UNI crowd....LOVE IT!!

Twentysix
September 5th, 2015, 10:25 PM
Looks like the MVFC took a few steps back to earth this week.

Hopefully the teams shore up these deficiencies and run roughshod on the remainder of the OOC.

UNI Pike
September 5th, 2015, 10:31 PM
UNI fans were sold a bill of goods. Farley took a offense coordinator that averaged 550+ per game and made it his ****ty system minus an nfl rb to bail his ass out.

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

centennial
September 5th, 2015, 10:35 PM
I am disappointed. Poor QB, poor O, bad play calling. UNI is going to struggle to win in the Valley without fixing the O.

superman7515
September 5th, 2015, 10:43 PM
5. If UNI gets just destroyed by Iowa State then there are real issues and they very well may fall out of my top 25

So they lost by more than 20, which falls into the "destroyed" category of your breakdown... Does UNI fall out of the Top 25 for you?

UNI Pike
September 5th, 2015, 10:49 PM
That was not a top 25 team tonight. Might not even be worth a winning season record.

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 10:51 PM
I am disappointed. Poor QB, poor O, bad play calling. UNI is going to struggle to win in the Valley without fixing the O.
We won't.

Last year I said the same, but we had DJ to hand the ball too.

This year? Nothing.

We were sold that Davis was going to bring his system and it would be different. This was the same ****ing bull **** as last year. A complete and total embarrassment.

If Farley was involved in deciding on a QB, and there's no reason to not think he was, he once again ****ed it up. They said during the broadcast Bailey found out he was starting just as the team huddled to go to the field for the first drive. I hope they made that up, but it wouldn't shock me.

If Davis was brought in for this system Farley needs to get his ****ing hands off of it and let it happen. Farley is obsessed with running QBs that can't pass for ****, though he claims he hates them.

I didn't like Bailey transferring in from the start. I admit, I'm a massive Sawyer supporter - that's not a shock. I didn't like the idea of dicking with Sawyer more than they had already. What do they do? Bring in Demos. Bring in Bailey, sign a kid out of HS (not a bad move though). Go into camp and say "We don't have a starting QB". Go into fall camp going "We have 4 QBs" and ultimately picking the same **** they had last year.

The ****ty part? The box score "looks" decent so no changes will be made

UNI on the left...ISU on the right

Total Yards

Passing

Comp-Att
20-34
21-29

Yards per pass

Interceptions thrown

Rushing

Rushing Attempts

Yards per rush

That's extremely misleading. ISU started on the UNI side of the field pretty much every drive. All things considered the defense played out of their damn minds. 4.4 yards per pass? Are you kidding me? I understand it's quick hitting passes, but...um...get them in space, not just wing it to the WR at the snap without any routes.

I...I don't know.

I was pissed after the Hawaii game last year, but there was hope - there was DJ. I left the SDSU game early (the only UNI game I've ever attended and left early that wasn't a 30+ point game with less than 4 minutes left. I got excited after that because DJ finally got involved and there was hope, but I knew it went end horribly because of what UNI was rolling out at QB. There isn't that same hope this year.

My hope is Sawyer or Dunne get the call moving forward and we see a fast paced offense with them throwing the ball around and using the run from it. Move Bailey to RB. He's very gifted there.

I don't know what to say. I knew there would be "growing pains" on offense this year with a new system (which we have yet to see), a new QB, new running backs, 3 new OL, etc... and I wasn't going to be shocked if this was a loss by 7-13 points. This...I don't even know what to think about this. Just a complete dumpster fire.

- - - Updated - - -

So they lost by more than 20, which falls into the "destroyed" category of your breakdown... Does UNI fall out of the Top 25 for you?
Yes.

Completely out.

Why wouldn't they?

I laid out very clearly how I voted. You don't think I would actually do it?

superman7515
September 5th, 2015, 11:02 PM
I laid out very clearly how I voted. You don't think I would actually do it?

I didn't get to see the game, just watching clips and box score. Yardage was pretty equal. Turnovers were equal. UNI had the time of possession advantage. Didn't know if it was better than the score indicated because the stats seem like it shouldn't have been such a blowout.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 11:05 PM
I didn't get to see the game, just watching clips and box score. Yardage was pretty equal. Turnovers were equal. UNI had the time of possession advantage. Didn't know if it was better than the score indicated because the stats seem like it shouldn't have been such a blowout.
Here's a stat that will make the yardage bull**** look less impressive.

Average starting field position
UNI - something like their own 15
Iowa State - the UNI 45 yard line

Pretty tough for Iowa State to put a ton of yards up when they only need to go 45-50 yards for a TD on each drive.

Also, punt return yards for Iowa State
Iowa State Punt Returns
NO YDS AVG LONG TD
Allen Lazard 4 100 25.0 34 0
Trever Ryen 4 93 23.2 81 1
TEAM 8 193 24.1 81 1
Yeah. That stat line doesn't look so good anymore, does it?

As **** as the offense was, if the special teams could have given the offense just a little bit of room, and not forced the defense to start in their own territory on every drive things may have been very different. Then again, if I was 8 inches taller and faster I might have made a pretty good basketball player.

superman7515
September 5th, 2015, 11:08 PM
Here's a stat that will make the yardage bull**** look less impressive.

Average starting field position
UNI - something like their own 15
Iowa State - the UNI 45 yard line

Pretty tough for Iowa State to put a ton of yards up when they only need to go 45-50 yards for a TD on each drive.

Also, punt return yards for Iowa State

Trever Ryen (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/3139154)

TEAM

Yeah. That stat line doesn't look so good anymore, does it?

As **** as the offense was, if the special teams could have given the offense just a little bit of room, and not forced the defense to start in their own territory on every drive things may have been very different. Then again, if I was 8 inches taller and faster I might have made a pretty good basketball player.

That sucks. I have no rooting interest in UNI, but still like to see FCS over FBS victories. I was looking at the box score and thinking it should have been a lot closer, but like you said, if you only have to cover 50 yards to score, you don't need a lot of yardage to win. Best of luck going forward Clenzy.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2015, 07:01 AM
Not getting to see the total game, I was surprised by the score.

I have seen Sawyer play and would think his passing ability would fit this scheme.

It is only one game and I'm sure the UNI staff will get the kinks worked out.

clenz
September 6th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Not getting to see the total game, I was surprised by the score.

I have seen Sawyer play and would think his passing ability would fit this scheme.

It is only one game and I'm sure the UNI staff will get the kinks worked out.
I'm not sure they will.

Just a complete and total disaster all around. EWU is going to hang 90 om this team with the spots the offense and special teams puts the defense in.

The offense looked different when Sawyer and Eli came in. It looked like the spring, but putting a passing qb in that late in the game is tough.

Just...wow

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2015, 08:08 AM
I'm not sure they will.

Just a complete and total disaster all around. EWU is going to hang 90 om this team with the spots the offense and special teams puts the defense in.

The offense looked different when Sawyer and Eli came in. It looked like the spring, but putting a passing qb in that late in the game is tough.

Just...wow

You know more about the ins and outs of the UNI staff but don't you think they will look at a lot of the tape and say SK will give us the best chance at winning?

I saw SK play in '13 and he was good, not great but you would think this skill set would be an asset for this type of offense.

UNI's defense? Not getting to watch the whole game....what happened here?

superman7515
September 6th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Sounds like they had a lot of short fields to defend.

Iowa State's scoring drives:
5 plays - 38 yards - TD
7 plays - 20 yards - FG
2 plays - 43 yards - TD
3 plays - 23 yards - TD
Punt return - 81 yards - TD (not really on the defense)

So the longest scoring drive that Iowa State put up against UNI was 43 yards, and that wasn't even really a sustained drive, it was a 36-yard pass where they broke their one "big play" of the game.

clenz
September 6th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Sounds like they had a lot of short fields to defend.

Iowa State's scoring drives:
5 plays - 38 yards - TD
7 plays - 20 yards - FG
2 plays - 43 yards - TD
3 plays - 23 yards - TD
Punt return - 81 yards - TD (not really on the defense)

So the longest scoring drive that Iowa State put up against UNI was 43 yards, and that wasn't even really a sustained drive, it was a 36-yard pass where they broke their one "big play" of the game.
This.

The defense was put in position to fail time and time again.

They played out of their damn minds to keep the game that close

UNI Pike
September 6th, 2015, 09:57 AM
ISU's average starting position - ISU 45
UNI's average starting position - UNI 23

About 15 possessions each

Generally, I think UNI fans are not upset that we lost, but the manner that we lost.

Special teams was not special. KO out of bounds, KO return mishandling that resulted in a fumble that turned over ball on our 20 and possession starting on our 3. Punter that kicking punts with no hang time, resulting in average 24 yard return (with a TD).

All off season, we were told about the new offensive coordinator who's offense averaged 536 ypg & 64 ppg. I wasn't expecting to replicate that starting right away. Based on what I saw at the spring game, I was expecting Baylor-esque high tempo offense based on a ton of short, rapid passing. What we witnessed instead for 3 quarters was a wildcat run in a spread formation. Farley found a fantastic offensive system, and turned it into his ****ty system.

If we see Bailey start in the dome next week, you may actually pick up boos on the mics. Farley may lose the fan base quickly. Up selling the offensive changes all off season, and rolling out the same Farley ball has pissed off a ton of people.