PDA

View Full Version : ISU vs Iowa

Nickels
September 5th, 2015, 12:12 PM
I should have renamed the thread Tre Roberson vs Iowa...ISU still hanging in there down 14-0.

Prime Power
September 5th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Tre Roberson has not looked fast or elusive at all. This game is gonna get ugly in the second half.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Tre Roberson has not looked fast or elusive at all. This game is gonna get ugly in the second half.
The heat is going to drain ISU and the lack of depth compared to Iowa.

It's pushing 90 with humidity in the 80s. It's UGLY out right now.

I live 20 miles straight line north of Kinnick. Just ugly

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Is this online anywhere?

SportsLover
September 5th, 2015, 12:21 PM
ISU's o-line isn't help Robertson at all. Coprich needs to see more carries in the second half

Nickels
September 5th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Dudes getting hammered. He's just running for his life. Atleast he had a good punt.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 12:22 PM
check your PMs

- - - Updated - - -

ISU's o-line isn't help Robertson at all. Coprich needs to see more carries in the second half
More carries? He's been completely ineffective.

He'd help the team the same amount if Spack actually had the balls to suspend him

centennial
September 5th, 2015, 12:28 PM
I was completely off. Thought it would be a close game.

Prime Power
September 5th, 2015, 12:31 PM
The heat is going to drain ISU and the lack of depth compared to Iowa.

It's pushing 90 with humidity in the 80s. It's UGLY out right now.

I live 20 miles straight line north of Kinnick. Just ugly

Yeah it is brutal here, I live in Davenport, I was mowing my yard this morning and about died.

Nickels
September 5th, 2015, 12:33 PM
You wussies would die here in August...

Prime Power
September 5th, 2015, 12:37 PM

Isn't Texas a dry heat?? I lived in NC for 9 years so I know how it can get, but this is muggly!!

KPSUL
September 5th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Isn't Texas a dry heat?? I lived in NC for 9 years so I know how it can get, but this is muggly!!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21298&stc=1

Nickels
September 5th, 2015, 12:47 PM
NO! Not Southeast Texas. One of the most humid areas in the US. http://www.currentresults.com/Weather-Extremes/US/most-humid-cities.php
Mixed in with our heat, little breeze and no where else compares.

BisonBacker
September 5th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Missed the first half but watching the second half. ISU's defense is looking good but you have to have your offense do something to keep the d from getting worn down.

Prime Power
September 5th, 2015, 12:52 PM
NO! Not Southeast Texas. One of the most humid areas in the US. http://www.currentresults.com/Weather-Extremes/US/most-humid-cities.php

Oh ok.....I don't like the heat and you can call me a wussie, but I would like to see you here in January!!!......

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Part of the issue is its been a mild summer, so temperature spiking to 90 with humidity in the high 80s or 90s and a dew point over 70 the first week of September is a major shock to the system.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2015, 12:55 PM

Agree.

SE TX is miserable with the heat/humidity

Nickels
September 5th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Oh ok.....I don't like the heat and you can call me a wussie, but I would like to see you here in January!!!......I'd be ok...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/bubbajoe12345/A_Christmas_Story-1.jpg

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 01:10 PM
FWIW on field temp in Kinnick right now is 135*

My backyard thermometer is reading ~100

BisonBacker
September 5th, 2015, 01:10 PM
ISU's defense looking tired.

Yote 53
September 5th, 2015, 01:32 PM
I've watched the entire game. Complete butt kicking. ISUr has not come close to threatening Iowa today. Physically outmatched on the LOS. First half was 17-0 but look at the stats, ISUr had zero yards on the ground and like 60 total. Iowa had TD drives of 82 and 99 yards and should have had at least one more TD.

There were too many people picking this as an upset. I told you guys Ferentz was going to make a statement in his OOC games. He's on the hot seat there.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 5th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Iowa is such hard program to figure out. Some years they're really good, some they underachieve, they love Ferentz, they hate Ferentz. This isn't a complete surprise imo.....

Yote 53
September 5th, 2015, 01:38 PM
Some nice plays by ISUr backup QB here at the end to get them in scoring position. This kid looks pretty good.

Drblankstare
September 5th, 2015, 01:39 PM
I'm not shocked Iowa will win. I am surprised at the lack of offense by Ill st.

centennial
September 5th, 2015, 01:41 PM
I know Illinois State has only had 1 year at the top but this was completely unexpected.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 5th, 2015, 01:43 PM
I know Illinois State has only had 1 year at the top but this was completely unexpected.

You never know how good Iowa is though. If Iowa turns out to be darn good, and they very easily may, this is simply a quality Big 10 team romping over an inferior foe. I have a feeling Ferentz and his staff did a little extra preparation for this game.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Congrats ISU for scoring twice on the second and third stringers of Iowa's defense

birdsflyhigh
September 5th, 2015, 02:00 PM
Really Clenz? Hey, go Clones!!!!!!

Yote 53
September 5th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Nah, beat the Clones.

Redbird 13
September 5th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Congrats ISU for scoring twice on the second and third stringers of Iowa's defense

And congrats for doing the same in Normal last year when it mattered, Panther.

You're a bitch.

World
September 5th, 2015, 02:13 PM
Very disappointed. Was hoping the Illinois State offense could do much better with the stud QB and RB.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 02:14 PM
And congrats for doing the same in Normal last year when it mattered, Panther.

You're a bitch.
God damn your fan base is a bunch of whiny ****s

- - - Updated - - -

Really Clenz? Hey, go Clones!!!!!!
When the only time we see ISUr posters is douchebags like 4th and mentally short I tend to not want to see you succeed on a personal level.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Also, the only thing we've heard is how unstoppable the ISU offense is going to be and how ISU likely beats Iowa by 2 scores...

You got absolutely embarrassed.

That not only is a terrible look for ISU, it's a TERRIBLE look for the FCS in general. The #2 team in the nation goes and gets curb stomped by a B1G team that at the end of last season had quit, has a head coach under fire from every single direction, and a program that lost something like 10K season ticket holders over the last season or two.

You're god damn right I'm pissed off about that.

Did I expect ISU to win? Nope. I took Iowa by 8. To come out and give this performance after all the **** talk and hype is a terrible look across the board

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 02:27 PM
Hell...EVEN YOUR OWN DAMN MESSAGE BOARD POINTED OUT (at least there's one sane person there) THAT THE ONLY OFFENSE CAME AGAINST THE 2ND TEAM DEFENSE FOR IOWA

Why am I a "bitch" for pointing the same thing out?

Rollbird5
September 5th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Line of scrimmage is where it was won. Giving up 30-40 pounds on each side of the ball was too much for the new look OL to handle and for the DL to get much of a push to the QB. We'll be more than fine once we go into FCS play. Thought it would be close and a better game but realistically this is what should've happened. Not Worried :D

Ivytalk
September 5th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Also, the only thing we've heard is how unstoppable the ISU offense is going to be and how ISU likely beats Iowa by 2 scores...

You got absolutely embarrassed.

That not only is a terrible look for ISU, it's a TERRIBLE look for the FCS in general. The #2 team in the nation goes and gets curb stomped by a B1G team that at the end of last season had quit, has a head coach under fire from every single direction, and a program that lost something like 10K season ticket holders over the last season or two.

You're god damn right I'm pissed off about that.

Did I expect ISU to win? Nope. I took Iowa by 8. To come out and give this performance after all the **** talk and hype is a terrible look across the board

Don't hold back, clenzy! ;)

Bisonoline
September 5th, 2015, 02:51 PM
God damn your fan base is a bunch of whiny ****s

- - - Updated - - -

When the only time we see ISUr posters is douchebags like 4th and mentally short I tend to not want to see you succeed on a personal level.

They aren't very friendly either. Tried to talk to a few at the game and they acted like---why are you talking to me??? and went about their business. Geez. But they were like that down in Frisco. But at least I tried to be friendly.

Rollbird5
September 5th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Don't judge a whole fan base by message board banter or one or two interactions, I could say the same about some ndsu fans we interacted with and uni/wsu fans at basketball games. Some were a lot of fun to talk sports with others just blow u off just how it goes

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 02:55 PM
They aren't very friendly either. Tried to talk to a few at the game and they acted like---why are you talking to me??? and went about their business. Geez. But they were like that down in Frisco. But at least I tried to be friendly.
They are the worst fan base to interact with in St. Louis at the MVC basketball tournament as well. Same exact thing. Heads down, don't want to talk to anyone, don't seem to understand social customs - especially in settings like that kind of tailgate or the party that is Arch Madness.

For as much as they seem to hate OSBF, he is by far the most sociable and nicest Redbird fan I've ever met. He really is a good dude. Tailgated with him a couple times for football games, went out for drinks with him in St. Louis, had drinks with him in Cedar Falls.

OSBF
September 8th, 2015, 12:25 PM
Physically dominated at every position on the field

I just HATE these games where you prostitute your program for a paid beatin'

OSBF
September 8th, 2015, 12:31 PM
For as much as they seem to hate OSBF, he is by far the most sociable and nicest Redbird fan I've ever met. He really is a good dude. Tailgated with him a couple times for football games, went out for drinks with him in St. Louis, had drinks with him in Cedar Falls.

LOL, They just don't care much for objectivity or truthfulness as a whole.

I still don't understand why we catch hell for being friendly and sociable to fans from other programs

I can fully understand the drinking of the hometown kool-aide and seeing no wrong with ANYTHING ils does, but, bjezus it's a big world out there, open yourself up to meeting some great folks

centennial
September 8th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Physically dominated at every position on the field

I just HATE these games where you prostitute your program for a paid beatin'
But a top FCS team should not get embarrassed by a middle BCS conference team. For the MVFC these games are a good reality check for coaches and the players. You'll have to prove that you are a top 10 team.