PDA

View Full Version : Kennesaw State-East Tennessee State opener

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2015, 04:04 PM
Mr. C is expecting a night of fun watching the return to football for East Tennessee State tonight and the beginning of football at Kennesaw State. For someone who remembers many days at the decrepit Mini-Dome on the ETSU campus, it is nice to be in the great outdoors for this game, even if means watching a game at nearby Science Hill High School. A capacity crowd in excess of 5,000 fans is expected and it is currently sunny with a few fluffy clouds in the sky and about 80 degrees.

Don't know what I expect to see from the two teams, but this should be one of the more memorable games I've covered in awhile.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2015, 04:27 PM
We are at Kermitt Tipton Stadium and Steve Spurrier Field. It is about two hours to kickoff.

Milktruck74
September 3rd, 2015, 05:06 PM
I live across the street from the stadium, but I'm going to a 11 year old girls soccer game....I may catch a few glances as I run around the trail afterward!!!!!

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2015, 08:13 PM
Great atmosphere and a competitive game at halftime with Kennesaw Stat leading 21-13 on the strength of a pick six near the end of the half. Glad to see ETSU back into the world of FCS. Had a great time tailgating with some ETSU alums before the game and though the game has been sloppy at times, there has been a lot of enrgy in the stands.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2015, 08:19 PM
WR Justin Sumpter starts the second half with a break of a tackle and turns it into a 73-yard TD pass play from QB Trey White for KSU to make it 28-13.

- - - Updated - - -

Ran into SoCon commissioner John Iamarino, who is glad to have ETSU back in the fold.

dgtw
September 3rd, 2015, 08:57 PM
Kind of cool two brand new teams are playing each other in their first game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chattanoogamocs
September 3rd, 2015, 09:09 PM
Well, ETSU looked good for about 29 minutes.

...then the bottom fell out.

KSU 56
ETSU 13
9:42 4th

bonarae
September 3rd, 2015, 09:28 PM
Final:

KSU 56, ETSU 16

kdinva
September 3rd, 2015, 09:41 PM
Final:

KSU 56, ETSU 16

already, it's Big SOuth 1, SoCon 0 :(

FUBeAR
September 3rd, 2015, 10:26 PM
already, it's Big SOuth 1, SoCon 0 :(

Nope - If ETSU had won, it would be SoCon 1, BS 0....but since they didn't, it's still 0-0 cuz ETSU Football is not really IN the SoCon this year.

Awful proud of the Keydets tonight. I'll be honest and say that I really didn't see quite what everyone else saw in Cobb last year. I saw an adequate QB. I was wrong (the theme continues). He's very, very good and can really spin it! Saw a lot more than just Cobb out there also. I don't think VMI be an easy-out for SoCon teams this year...dang it.

Mr. C
September 4th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Kennesaw State used big plays in the second half to pull away. ETSU seemed to run out of gas and go demoralized. Liked what I saw of the KSU version of the Georgia Southern option. Coach Brian Bohannon was a pleasure to talk to after the game. This will be a building program. KSU used a few more transfers, while ETSU is playing a lot of youngsters. Talent-wise, it was like watching a PFL-level game. KSU would be a good PFL team at this point. There were a lot of first-game mistakes by both sides, but the atmosphere at the great was better than I have ever seen at an ETSU game. People in the Tri-Cities of Tennessee are excited to see the Bucs back playing football.

Look on the College Sports Journal website (www.college-sports-journal.com) later on Friday for complete coverage of last night's game, including pictures.

Mr. C
September 4th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Well, ETSU looked good for about 29 minutes.

...then the bottom fell out.

KSU 56
ETSU 13
9:42 4th
Carl Torbush's quote afterwards was if it had been a a game that lasted a quarter and a half, the Bucs would have won. The ETSU offense had a hard time finding consistency all night and the defense gave up too many big plays. ETSU needs to work on tackling.